Diablo® III

Diablo 3: Banisher of the Light, what do you think?

- Diablo III
View profile
What does everyone think the chances of us visiting Westmarch are in the expansion? Do you think we'll run into Kabraxis (Darrick Lang)?

Kabraxis is probably my favorite character in all of the Diablo lore. Hopefully Darrick loses his sword, Stormfury, letting Kabraxis come out and play so we can finally get a chance to see him in action. If you don't know the lore behind Kabraxis I'd suggest checking out http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Kabraxis or reading The Black Road novel. His name(s) make for a pretty good expansion title as well "Banisher of the Light" or also known as "Thief of Hope".

What does everyone else think the expansion story will be? What characters in the Diabloverse would you like to see finally in game?
Reply Quote
My guess is with the greater asian influence on gaming over the decade and more since D2 I would along with how popular Act 3 was in D2, I would based a dank and dark nighttime version of the rainforest of Xishuangbanna,

http://www.yunnanadventure.com/UploadFiles/Yunnan-Tour-Photos/JHCT010/1-Tropical-Rainforest-inXishuangBanna-Yunnan-province.jpg

Cap it off with a nice mountain trek for some contrast
Reply Quote
What does everyone think the chances of us visiting Westmarch are in the expansion? Do you think we'll run into Kabraxis (Darrick Lang)?

Kabraxis is probably my favorite character in all of the Diablo lore. Hopefully Darrick loses his sword, Stormfury, letting Kabraxis come out and play so we can finally get a chance to see him in action. If you don't know the lore behind Kabraxis I'd suggest checking out http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Kabraxis or reading The Black Road novel. His name(s) make for a pretty good expansion title as well "Banisher of the Light" or also known as "Thief of Hope".

What does everyone else think the expansion story will be? What characters in the Diabloverse would you like to see finally in game?

I love the lore behind Kabraxis as well but I highly doubt he will have anything to do with the expansion as there is already a lot to cover and/or conclude;

-Adria is still creepin
-Black Soulstone fell back down to Sanctuary
-Imperius obviously alluded to becoming evil
-The follower story arcs

As well as these other characters that have loose-ends/ unfinished arcs.

-The true identity of Covetous Shen (Zei?)
-The story of the Dirgest Jewel
-The whereabouts and intentions of Malthael
-Inarius the Fallen Angel (the "Prophet" that sent the enchantress)
-Lilith (daughter of Mephisto and lover of Inarius who co-created Sanctuary)
-Leah (it was mentioned that her soul could be saved by Covetous)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
07/23/2013 01:36 AMPosted by DamienJohn
-Black Soulstone fell back down to Sanctuary

Actually I'm pretty sure the Black Soulstone got turned into ashes as it fell. You notice that it never disappears into the clouds, but becomes more and more dust until it simply stops being there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]