Diablo® III

DEMONIC ESSENCES

hi this is for blizzard I suppose, the question has been raised, because I am crafting a bit now...why can I not buy or craft demonic ess??
be nice to be able to at least give me the option of crafting
just a thought
Reply Quote
View profile
they wanted to put something in the game that got people away from the auction house and actually playing the game.
Reply Quote
I am playing but crafting heaps aswell :), just cannot keep up da essences
Reply Quote
I see a lot of threads about DE's being in short supply and I have to wonder if these people are playing on lower MP or something. Because I have well over 300 and I just started picking them up a month ago running at MP 5-8. Sometimes I was getting 20 or so an act.
Reply Quote
What people fail to realise is that the DE drops actually scales to gold drops. If you buy gold than it would appear that there are not enough DE drops.
Reply Quote
300 essences is nothing, people use those up in a day or two easily, burn through 1000 every week and still craft nothing useful. They should be traded, people would still "play the game", they would sell for a good amount. It would only help the game, people would have a greater reason to farm, a lot of people who stock up on a few hundred essences out there without the gold to craft non-stop, they would be better off selling DE's to people with billions, and just buying stuff off the AH instead of struggling as much.

The moment you stop struggling in the game, you have reached end game.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:24 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
What people fail to realise is that the DE drops actually scales to gold drops. If you buy gold than it would appear that there are not enough DE drops.

2 months ago there was already 648,000,000,000,000,000 gold in the economy according the Blizz, the DE drop rate will never match the army of botters running Act 3 Hell...
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 02:45 AMPosted by Kirishima

2 months ago there was already 648,000,000,000,000,000 gold in the economy according the Blizz, the DE drop rate will never match the army of botters running Act 3 Hell...

I'm talking about actual in-game play, if you don't buy any gold from Blizz or third party site you would know that DE drops are actually adequate for the gold you find in-game.

Sigh, nobody actually plays this game anymore, it just AH to the top.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 03:09 AMPosted by jtcdgroup

I'm talking about actual in-game play, if you don't buy any gold from Blizz or third party site you would know that DE drops are actually adequate for the gold you find in-game.

Sigh, nobody actually plays this game anymore, it just AH to the top.

Actually the rate you accumulate DE doesn't scale well with how fast you accumulate gold at all. Even when at max GF and MP10 you always end up accumulating DE faster than the money needed to craft, and that's going off the cheapest craft which is gauntlets. Not to mention MP10 isn't even the most efficient MP to farm Demonic Essence.

I don't particularly think it's a problem as that's one of the primary functions of BiS crafting, a gold sink, just pointing out that you definitely don't accumulate enough gold to keep craft continuously as you receive DE.
Reply Quote

Nope, you are not able collect so much gold even at p100 picking up every gold pile, to afford crafting from all your collected DEs. You get a pretty much stable minus gold after every session, so if you are not using AH to occasionally sell something for 100k-1mil-10mil etc. you will end up with empty gold stash. Crafting is a legal gold sink.
Edited by Bless#2964 on 7/23/2013 3:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:04 PMPosted by generatedtag
they wanted to put something in the game that got people away from the auction house and actually playing the game.

^

If anything we need more systems that force people to farm for top tier gear. Hopefully the mystic brings that element to the game forcing people to farm mats to improve gear and make it BoA in the process.

AH is ideal for 2nd tier items, IMO.
Reply Quote
thanks all for ur thoughts, hope blizz is reading along
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Chessie
I see a lot of threads about DE's being in short supply and I have to wonder if these people are playing on lower MP or something. Because I have well over 300 and I just started picking them up a month ago running at MP 5-8. Sometimes I was getting 20 or so an act.

us, who demand more DE have been farming more than 10k DE and its not enough. if blizz buff this, i would gradly threw billions of gold into crafting.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:18 PMPosted by UGotGanked
300 essences is nothing, people use those up in a day or two easily, burn through 1000 every week and still craft nothing useful. They should be traded, people would still "play the game", they would sell for a good amount. It would only help the game, people would have a greater reason to farm, a lot of people who stock up on a few hundred essences out there without the gold to craft non-stop, they would be better off selling DE's to people with billions, and just buying stuff off the AH instead of struggling as much.

As much as i love more DE's, i dont want it to be tradeable. BOA crafts is special cause you have to farm for DE. Either they just buff the drop rate or make crafting less random in any way.
Reply Quote

Nope, you are not able collect so much gold even at p100 picking up every gold pile, to afford crafting from all your collected DEs. You get a pretty much stable minus gold after every session, so if you are not using AH to occasionally sell something for 100k-1mil-10mil etc. you will end up with empty gold stash. Crafting is a legal gold sink.

how about for those guys like me that accumulated idk... 15B?
Reply Quote

how about for those guys like me that accumulated idk... 15B?

Sell your gold and buy a PS4?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]