An Australian Perspective

General Discussion
This is the second and probably last time i have bought a virtual ticket

Last year i watched all the dev panels, interviews and COMMUNITY contests when i wanted because they were available and the show basically ends at about 4pm aussie time

This year all i can watch is a few interviews, e sports and the ceremonies (open and close)

The rest i cant watch because its not available and the WORST part is that the BlizzCS tweets for us to go watch a fansite recap once they are available

My wife got home a couple of hours ago and we cant even watch the costume contest together. We had to flick through still photos on wowhead

I cannot fathom why Blizzard, a company that prides itself on community building has screwed over the community so hard.

I was super pumped this being blizzcon 10 but its the biggest dissapointment

I didn't even get my goodie bag before the weekend despite ordering it the day it was announced

Pitiful
What gets me about "go watch a fan site recap" for the other panels is that its so clearly stated in the TOS that you cannot rebroadcast anything from Blizzcon. So they gave permission to some people to rebroadcast this... and didnt tell us WHO they gave permission to? Or is their tweet advocating that people violate the TOS of Blizzcon just to rebroadcast the unavailable panels?
Living in Australia I agree %100

I caught a minute of the competition when I woke up (I was sick, so I missed everything before 1pm GEST ) so like, everything before the Cosplay event and later I wanted to show my husband my American friend in the Cosplay comp and another one in 2nd place on stage, and oh my, I cant go back and look at it.

I had to youtube most of the World Cups as well.

Why did I pay for this?
Aussie here too, and same as you was pretty disappointed that the Goody bag didn't arrive in time despite paying well in advance as well. How hard is it to figure out international shipping to get it to all the LOYAL fans who live over here!!!

And as for watching the Contest...was pee'd off when I paused it to go out to the shops quickly and get back and press play only to have it freeze up and then say the stream had ended! WTF Blizzard....if I pause something it should still stream the rest when i unpause it! And now, because it is not loaded into the archived area...what does that mean...I don't get to see it at all???? You do games so well....now please look after your long-suffering international paying loyal customers who have basically been given nothing compared the experience of it live. We can't all get there in person...so how the hell are we supposed to get the full Virtual Ticket experience when it shuts us down???

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

11/05/2016 12:39 AMPosted by Elnaturale
This is the second and probably last time i have bought a virtual ticket

Last year i watched all the dev panels, interviews and COMMUNITY contests when i wanted because they were available and the show basically ends at about 4pm aussie time

This year all i can watch is a few interviews, e sports and the ceremonies (open and close)

The rest i cant watch because its not available and the WORST part is that the BlizzCS tweets for us to go watch a fansite recap once they are available

My wife got home a couple of hours ago and we cant even watch the costume contest together. We had to flick through still photos on wowhead

I cannot fathom why Blizzard, a company that prides itself on community building has screwed over the community so hard.

I was super pumped this being blizzcon 10 but its the biggest dissapointment

I didn't even get my goodie bag before the weekend despite ordering it the day it was announced

Pitiful
Another Aussie resident here. Where's the VOD? Absolutely horrible provision of coverage. Not timely.
My wife had to go out today for a medical appointment; and because we like to watch the contests as a family, I waited for her to get home. Now I've just discovered that I cannot VOD the contests...why?

GRR....and the video players changes are so, so bad...
Yep absolutely, I totally agree. Aussie here too and I feel the same. The things I wanted to watch were unavailable to the virtual ticket. The family are always keen to watch the contests. Come on Blizzard, the Aussies aren't the only ones that feel this way.
The sentiment about the VT is the same across the board. Get your act together Blizz, or you won't have this loyal community supporting you anymore.
The sad thing is they are still doing better this year than last, albeit barely. For the fact that the VT is easy and copious money for Blizzcon, they screw us every year. And like a lemming, I keep coming back.

Pitiful

Same situation. didn't watch it live whilst they were all out so we could watch together as a family.... ain't going to happen.
I had been hoping that this year we would get the art and sound panels at least.
I didn't expect them to be streamed, but maybe recorded.
Especially when I saw there would be panels on books and publishing. Christie Golden is one of my favourite authors and after forking out $50 for a VT I still don't get to see that panel?
It's pretty !@#$ty.
Myself and a friend have both been feeling disappointed. We get a few panels and esports. But with the esports also being on Twitch what was the real point of buying it.

And a little of a lesser complaint but the hosts are cringeworthy. Especially the guy hosting the costume contest (glad I caught that one live by the looks of it). He had issues pronouncing character names and kept making jokes and comments that were not funny and borderline inappropriate.
"Can Mormons play video games?" Seriously?
I would have had to been up all night to watch the OW world cup. And I cant watch it now because guuuueeesss what it wasn't recorded. Wow.
11/05/2016 04:04 AMPosted by kipjib
Get your act together Blizz, or you won't have this loyal community supporting you anymore.

That's not true, they'll always make money.
Just refund us our VT or add it to b.net balance to get some trust back from us.
Public apology would be nice for advertising streaming and VOD then cutting it off at 11:26pm my time, but that would take consideration of core values and all that, a bit of integrity. Fat chance.
All I can say as an American to my Aussie friends is

it'll be better next year and.....

GO ALL BLACKS !!!!!
I'm only interested in a few of the Blizzard videos... but I'm trying to play the Overwatch Semi and Final and they're not showing up. What gives?
They have finally (!) Put up the contests video
11/05/2016 02:50 PMPosted by Crucifer

GO ALL BLACKS !!!!!

As a New Zealander, thanks for pointing out in your own way that Aussies aren't the only Oceanics. Blizzcon hasn't been great for us either.
11/05/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Scraps
I'm only interested in a few of the Blizzard videos... but I'm trying to play the Overwatch Semi and Final and they're not showing up. What gives?

Lol I can watch the matches on someone's YouTube feed.
11/05/2016 03:34 PMPosted by Klemon
11/05/2016 02:50 PMPosted by Crucifer

GO ALL BLACKS !!!!!

As a New Zealander, thanks for pointing out in your own way that Aussies aren't the only Oceanics. Blizzcon hasn't been great for us either.

The first friends I met while playing WOW in 05 were from NZ. Since then, I have accumulated more friends from there and I have a deep fondness and respect for KIWIS. Hopefully I will be visiting there in 17.
11/05/2016 01:08 AMPosted by Adahlia
Why did I pay for this?

We all struggle with that question and nobody has an answer.

we probably will never know ^^