Mac Technical Support

Aug 28 Battle.net keeps requesting admin password In the past couple days, the battle.net launcher has started to ask for my admin username/password every couple hours while sitting in the background. For security and best practice, I've never run as an admin user on the account I normally use. This is new behavior. Battle.net.app version 1.9.3.9670JustPoet112 Aug 28
Jan 5 OS X 10.9 Support With our coming Battle.net Desktop App update on January 8th, OS X 10.9 will be leaving our supported macOS versions. We do support the most recent operating systems, but we recommend updating your operating system for system security and game performance. If you’re currently running OS X 10.9, please refer to our updating your Operating System article.Dylon Kempkes0 Jan 5
Jul 1, 2017 Common Blizzard Application Connection Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1, 2017
Oct 20, 2015 [Solved] Issues What is this [Solved] tag? We have created a way to mark a thread as [Solved]. If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue, you can mark your post, and the entire thread, as [Solved]. This will put a small green check mark next to the thread title. If you see this, it means the player who created the thread found a fix. How do I mark my Post and Thread as [Solved}? Click on the drop down arrow in the top right corner of the post. Choose "Mark As Solution". The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and a green check mark will be added to the Title of your thread. Who can mark a thread as [Solved]? Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. I see a [Solved] thread. Where’s the solution? A small box with a green check mark will appear in the top right corner of the thread, under the Reply option. If you hover your cursor over that box, it will say "Solution". Clicking that will jump to the post marked as a solution. What if I mark another post as a solution? That one will be “Marked as Solution”, and the previous post will be unmarked. A Note about [Solved] Issues Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Thanks to all of you who post your fixes!Glaxigrav0 Oct 20, 2015
Jul 11, 2013 Welcome to Blizzard desktop app Mac Support Welcome to the Battle.net desktop app Mac Technical Support forum. This forum’s purpose is to assist in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during the use of the Battle.net desktop app while using a Macintosh computer. Posters in this forum will be held to our forum Code of Conduct – please take some time to read it before posting.Aratil0 Jul 11, 2013
22h Battle net installation stops - no error message Hi, as the title suggests, I'm trying to install the Battle Net application on my iMac. However, as it's installing, it just stops at a random percentage (either 7 or 48 - depending on how lucky I get). It just stays there and doesn't move. I've disabled firewall, anti-virus software, and have no apps running in the background. I've deleted the Battle net cache and started again. Tried logging into root user, and deleting there. No luck :( Any help?grumpykitten4 22h
23h Battle.net Setup not working on macOS Mojave (Version 10.14) Hi all, I'm trying to reinstall the battle.net client since I wasn't able to install any games on the client. Now however I am not even able to install battle.net. The setup bar is stuck on about 2% and won't download more. Thanks for any help in advance, MarcusMarcus14 23h
1d Battle.net stuck on 48% Hi, having trouble installing battle.net on Mojave I have read every thread and no solution is working, it will install to the 48% mark and stop. I have admin rights on the mac and have tried to reinstall countless times but it won't install. I have also tried making another user on the mac with root enabled and tried to install but still nothing. Thanksbigbastrd2 1d
1d "Play Diablo 2" screen shows up after installer and all it does is makes noise. I recently bought diablo 2 on my computer to play. I played for a few minutes but it crashed. Diablo 2 wouldn't open so I deleted it and tried to reinstall it. When I tried to use the installer to play diablo 2, it shows play diablo 2. I clicked it and all it does is make noise. Currently playing on a mac. Any advice to fix this?MegaComplex4 1d
2d DESTINY 2 GIFT I accepted the Destiny 2 key and the game still isn't showing up in my library. I reinstalled the Battle.net app twice, I'm not sure what else to do...Weyland1 2d
3d Diablo II won't install on MacOS 10.13 Hi there, I guess answer might be "Use it on Sierra and not High Sierra", but HS will be out next week, so I ask: is installer working for anyone here on MacOS ? I can just see Licence agreement, I agree and thats it - nothing more happened after this. When run from Terminal, it says D2-1.14b-Installer-enGB/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer --help/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8 /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist' /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8 /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.1.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist' any advice please? Thank you MartyZmartyz375 3d
3d Warcraft 3 install stuck @ "Updating Warcraft 3" 69% I purchased WC3 today, downloaded the game client, and opened "Warcraft 3 Launcher". I was away from my computer for some time, and returned to find it stuck at 65%. After restarting the launcher a couple of times, the install progressed to 69%, but its been stuck there for several hours after several restarts. Please help!GwatMagnus17 3d
3d Mic Issues There is a problem with battle.net recognizing my voice from my headset. I have been using the headset fine for years but suddenly I have an issue with it. It works fine in the OS settings as well as other apps such as audacity and Skype. After doing all the settings in the battle.net app I can't get anyone to hear me or any sound during the microphone test. My primary headset is the Corsair H2100 but I also tried another headset I have with the same results.Morgano4 3d
3d MOUSE UNRESPONSIVE IN SCII - Have installed Mojave 10.14.1. Now when I open SCII, mouse becomes unresponsive. Logitech M510 wireless.Torpor3 3d
3d Blizzard Battle.net stops at 53% Hi, I recently got a new Mac and I wanted to install the Blizzard. Desktop app. I deleted. all files of Blizzard and I tried to install the Desktop Client but then once it reaches 53% it just freezes completely. Please tell me how do I fix this issue? Also: I have changed my DNS to Google's DNS and I have turned off File Vault and the login credentials. I have also tried switching between networks and yet there is no change in this matter.DarkFire1 3d
3d Blizzard app and file access Hi, is there a way to install the blizzard.app without giving it access to my entire file system? Why do you need root access? Why not only write to application support and preferences and the actual .app package? There is just no way I'm granting that permission.vMachiel0 3d
6d Can't install/patch games The Battle-net app seems to be broken on Mac atm. I cannot install games, since it will just be stuck in the pop-up after hitting the install button. I've had WoW installed for a bit now and twice the Battle-net app wouldn't let me patch the game, saying it was waiting for another installation, but there was none. The first time I figured it was something with the Agent, so I quit the Agent through Activity Monitor, and reinstalled the app. This worked for a while, but as soon as a new patch came for WoW I was back to square one. I have since tried deleting the files in Mac HD -> Users -> Shared -> Battle.net & Blizzard and reinstalling the app, but it still won't work. Also quitting the app makes it hang and I have to force quit it. The app used to work flawlessly in the past, so I think a recent update has broken something, at least on Mac. Would love to hear if anyone has got it working somehow. R.Tkay7 6d
Nov 12 Destiny 2 I got destiny 2 from battle.net but when i clicked claim nothing showed up in my games tab.Darius7 Nov 12
Nov 10 Blizzard App refusing to update or install Blizzard App refusing to update or install after following technical instructions listed on this site. This started shortly after the small patch following the destiny 2 announcement a couple weeks ago. I followed the instructions listed as far as deleting files, stopping processes and even deleting the battle.net folder (which can't be done because "agent" is running in the background, even though i've disabled every agent file and restarted multiple times). As of last night the app will not even install. The plus is that with the app uninstalled i can now actually open blizzard games from my applications folder where i couldn't before (strange). What's going on? This is going to cause a major issue with the patch that's guaranteed to come in Tuesday after this past week's content patch. Without the app i can't update wow. Here is a link to the thread i commented in last night with the exact error code. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20756905611?page=1Stik43 Nov 10
Nov 10 [bug] BDA unable to find any games I removed BDA, then downloaded BDA from the website, installed BDA and ran BDA. It would not find ANY blizzard games (d3, hs, sc2, wow, wow: ptr) when it scanned. The settings correctly show the default install directory as /Applications/Games , but BDA can not find any games when I click the scan button. I have quit BDA and force quit the crashed Agent process and tried again, multiple times, but still no games can be found when pressing the locate button. Mac OS X 10.9.5 BDA 1.2.1.5134 BDA installer 1.11.4.2368Rooster3 Nov 10
Nov 10 Blizzard Battle.net app in macOS Mojave is blurry Images and text seem blurry on my 2018 MacBook Pro. Is there a fix to this because it makes things hard to read?Ocular1 Nov 10
Nov 7 Blizzard Agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up... Constantly seeing this error in 10.14. Mojave. Never saw it before the update. No idea why.Llew2 Nov 7
Nov 4 Battle net app won't let me play games. I recently download heroes of storm and the battle net app so I could get the overwatch skins since I play on console. However the app won't let me play the game. All it shows me is the background and two squares in the top left corner. Clicking on the other games gives me the same thing except these have the title and something I can click to buy the game or learn more about the game. I have uninstalled and installed the app and still nothing. Anybody know what I need to do?Cnerr7 Nov 4
Nov 4 OSX Battle.net Launcher Installer fails to run I downloaded the installer and it failed to run, so I opened it in terminal and got the error LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/brad/Desktop/Battle.net Beta Setup.app. I am running OSX Mountain lion 10.8.4 on a Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display Early 2013bradc65 Nov 4
Nov 3 Diablo 2 for OS X Hangs on Launch In 10.14.1 Diablo 2 for OS X Hangs on Launch In 10.14.1. Initial install worked fine and game launches. Upon connection to battle net the updater triggers, proceeds to try to update and then hangs. It must be force quit and then D2 does not launch.mzeb0 Nov 3
Nov 3 Will destiny 2 be for mac Os Just saying will be im not sure overwatch was not for so will destiny 2 be for macNycrap993 Nov 3
Oct 27 Problem with Battle.net installation on MacOS High Sierra 10.13 Hi all, last evening I wanted to play some good old fashioned Diablo III, but after several tries I was not able at all to install the Battle.net app. The error given is telling me that there is another instance of the program running, but it is not true. Anyone here had the same issue as me? Thanks for any help given Please note that I tried installing both the standalone game client and the battle.net application, but the same error occurs in the two situation. In addition to that, I tried deleting all the Battle.net application folders but I still got the same error. My Mac is up-to-date with the latest OS version. Regardsilsologheo17 Oct 27
Oct 26 WoW won't install on MacOS High Sierra - Insufficient Storage Space The game file is 55GB and I have 138 GB available to use. And when I choose a file location, it says insufficient storage. I'm using a 2017 MacBook Pro 15-inch on High Sierra. Has anyone experienced this issue and have any work arounds or solutions?waesas3 Oct 26
Oct 26 Battle.net launcher won't open no message [SOLVED] So my battle.net launcher does not want to open, it just pops up on the taskbar and disappears right away. Tried updating my operating software but to no avail, getting real pissed atm. Since as far as I can find nobody has had this problem before. I also don't get any messages at all, it just pops up and vanishes right away.Hantapanda10 Oct 26
Oct 18 Connecting to Americas not europe For diablo 3 I am constandly beeing connected to the Americas servers, although all of my options are set to europe... I have deinstalled both the launcher and the game but nothing worked. Is there anyway to fix this?DonGeiloTIm1 Oct 18
Oct 17 Battle.net App doesn't start to install WoW.. I just bought World of Warcraft and wanted to install it right now, but the Battle.net App doesn't start to install it... When I hit the install button, there's just the little icon spinning in the corner of the window and nothing happens. Any solutions? I have a new MacBook Pro...Fortuna2 Oct 17
Oct 16 Apple AirPods on Battle.net Im trying to use my new Apple AirPods for voice chat in the battle.net app and it doesn't work. I can listen to the music from the game perfectly fine but my mic won't move from my iMac's built-in microphone to my AirPods microphone. Has anyone figured this out? Battle.net app is using system default audio system, my system preferences says my default audio system is my AirPods so I don't understand whats wrong.Dutch29 Oct 16
Oct 11 Setup can't open Hi, i downloaded hearthstone and when i open the setup app it displays an error saying that the app can't be open. tried several times, but it keeps showing upAloonis0 Oct 11
Oct 9 Battle.net Launcher not displaying properly on Mojave When I open the Battle.net Launcher, a window opens up without any buttons for switching games or hitting play. I do see, though, when I hover that the right-click context menus can still be opened (as if the buttons are there but just not displaying on the window). Anyone else? (Restarted and reinstalled)Invisabit13 Oct 9
Oct 6 macOS Mojave font issue Fonts in the Battle.Net Launcher are pixelated - as though being stretched - on Retina displays (assumedly, I don't have a non-Retina Mac to test on) on macOS Mojave. Compare the "Challenge Rifts" pane to other text on the window. https://i.imgur.com/pYiYErP.pngwubsylol1 Oct 6
Oct 3 WoW: An update is available, but the game is running bug. I'm running on a macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 All realms are incompatible. I closed the game, and it says Game is running. An update is available and will be applied when the game closes. I checked my options and noticed the Scan and Repair, Check for Updates, and Uninstall Game are all grayed out. Reset In-Game Options under Game Settings is also grayed out while other games such as Hearthstone are blue and clickable. I looked in my blizzard application support folder and the WoW no longer has a folder. Diablo 3, Heroes of the Storm etc. are still there. What steps should I take? I'm not sure how to uninstall and reinstall since the option is grayed out.Nethermore2 Oct 3
Sep 30 MacOS X 14 - Blizzard Agent doesn't run It shows the reference to some port problems. But I have tested different internet connections and the error is not dependent on the connection. The error within the WoW Installer shows this reference: https://eu.battle.net/support/de/article/13495 But it doesn't help.Fireflame1 Sep 30
Sep 27 OSX 10.13.6 Battle.net won't launch I am unable to get Battle.net to launch. I have tried the recommended solutions including completely deleting and reinstalling the app. I am still unable to launch it and I am getting error message when I attempt it. Report IDs: C20D918D-C0AC-4ED6-BEE1-1D4CAD7F8DE2 4E5DEF4D-639C-4FBE-8401-CDBFD025178ACourtalon0 Sep 27
Sep 25 Diablo 3 crash Hello.. My Diablo 3 keep closing before it starts and it give me this report ID. ID: F9B372E3-DF1C-438A-8475-C289AB49F153 Need help thank you!dei7mos0 Sep 25
Sep 25 Diablo 2 LoD on high sierra Please fix the installer for high sierra, I wanna play with my friends but I just can't install the game anymoreDUBFIRE4 Sep 25
Sep 24 Battle.net App crashes on startup (OS 10.13 high sierra) Basically Title. I have tried every solution blizzard lists, uninstalled and re-installed the desktop app twice, restarted several times. It was working fine yesterday, now today it just crashes every time I startup. One of my many error codes: 57AE824E-D745-4685-AD48-267AB8A6CBEElukemu10011 Sep 24
Sep 20 WC3 TFT update issue at 65% Hello guys, Yesterday i was enjoying this amazing game (although undead is a bit too weak against orc) with my friend. This evening while launching the game as usual wc3 launcher is asking for an update. After agreeing the terms the update goes to 65% and doesn't go further. I waited hours and nothing happened... I tried to reinstall but now i'm stuck at 0%.... Do you have any solution for me? Thanks a lot.Bonaventure2 Sep 20
Sep 14 Installing Battle.net setup on Mac not working Installing Battle.net setup on Mac not working... have tried every recommended action on the forums, the battle.net setup is hanging at ~10%. 100% refuses to download on my machine. Clean machine, new battle.net install. No Proxy issues, filevault and firewall turned off, plugged into modem instead of going off wifi, latest version of OS, never installed battle.net before so no files need be deleted, have tried just about every version of the downloader (wow, diablo III, Overwatch, straight battle.net, etc....), have made sure DNS isn't the issue, etc. I mentioned in my original ticket everything I had done and they asked me if I had checked <insert everything mentioned here> in spite of my message body saying I had done it... anyone have any luck figuring this out?Batman3 Sep 14
Sep 7 "Game is running" when it isn't I have no games running on my desktop, and the Battlenet app won't update, stating the usual: "Game is running. An update is available and will be applied when the game closes." Is there a way for it to update while the game is running? I can't figure another way to solve this.CorruptPyro1 Sep 7
Sep 7 Will be Overwatch for MacOS? Hi guys & hello Blizzard! I would like to ask you 1 question. It's quite annoying but I can't find any information about it: Will be Overwatch for MacOS, or I need to download Bootcamp to play it?Soldier331 Sep 7
Sep 2 unable to install Hi Blizzard, when im going to install games ive purchased, it goes to the install screen from battle.net, then the icon just continues to spin in the bottom right of the window but never begins the install. What do I do to fix, I am running a new MacBook Air, Thanks for you time. SunnyBobbyDLives2 Sep 2
Aug 29 Installation Failure Hi, Installation wont start for any blizzard game, it will just have the loading icon and will keep going for ever!! .( THis on MAC OS X. I have the battle net App.benitocamelo2 Aug 29
Aug 28 Battle.net Setup quit unexpectedly When I try to install the blizzard launcher or a game the installer immediately closes (pops up on the doc and then disappears) and i get this error message. I had a look inside the "package" and it seems to classify the the Battle.net setup file as a doc not an exe, which might be part of the problem? Im running High Sierra.Aether0 Aug 28
Aug 20 Battle.net app mac OSX el capitan won't quit My battle.net app won't quit. I run El Capitan 10.11.6. I start the app, don't type anything and just quit it. The Agent process quits after a couple of seconds but the icon is still in the dock and it says "not responding". Because of this i can't restart my computer because the battle.net app hinders it.sebsid7 Aug 20
Aug 17 Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 - Waiting on Another Installation or Update... I have to admit, I'm beginning to get really frustrated here. The issue began when I was attempting to install Diablo III and World of WarCraft on my Mac. I was continually receiving the message "WAITING ON ANOTHER INSTALLATION OR UPDATE..." So I thought, okay fine. I paused all the current downloads in the agent and resumed just WoW and then just Diablo III. There was no change in the behavior and it continued to cycle. Now I should mention that I was able to successfully download StarCraft II, Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone all within the past 24 hours on the very same Mac. I went through the system files located at /Users/Shared/ and deleted every file and folder associated with Blizzard and Battle.net. I removed the app from Applications and deleted the destination folder. I downloaded a fresh battle.net launcher install file, rebooted my computer, and installed the file. This didn't solve the issue, it was the exact same. I even uninstalled all other Blizzard games, cleared the files out again, rebooted and re-installed with no luck. I went through every single step of the article at https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Waiting-on-Another-Installation-or-Update MULTIPLE TIMES with one notable exception. The Blizzard folder at ~/Library/Application Support does not exist, and the files listed here are nowhere to be found on my system: com.blizzard.errorreporter.plist com.blizzard.Installer.plist com.blizzard.launcher.plist net.battle.net.app.plist net.battle.Authenticator.prefs net.battle.Identity.prefs net.battnet.battle.plist Now, I notice this article was last updated a month ago and a new client has since come out. Is there ANYWHERE ELSE on my machine that may contain these, and any other important files I need to erase?smilethief5 Aug 17