Feedback Discussion

Nov 20, 2013 Post only Battle.net Shop Beta Feedback Here Hi all, If you want to leave feedback for Battle.net Beta Shop, please post them in this forum. For feedback for other titles, see the following bug forums below. This ensures your feedback is reviewed by the right parties. Hearthstone Feedback: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/ Battle.net Desktop Application Feedback: http://us.battle.net/en/forum/9772478/ Thanks in advance!Machkhan0 Nov 20, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Welcome: Please read! Welcome to the Feedback Discussion forum for the Battle.net Shop! Help us to improve the Battle.net Shop by providing feedback and suggestions here. Before participating in the discussion, please be sure to read our forum Code of Conduct.Aratil0 Nov 1, 2013
2d Paying with Revolut Is Blizzard considering to implement payment method with Revolut? By that I mean not just using revolut card for your payment, but being able to make transactions directly via app, in other words is blizzard considering opening business account on revolut? Even though revolut is not yet very popular beyond UK, France, Greece and some other EU coutnries, I think it would be great addition for the players as no doubt for Blizzard also.complexxL91 2d
3d Currency for Ukraine I know Blizzard Entertiment as a very consumer-friendly company. I also believe it's important to state I've been informed that all income from purchases made in Ukraine are going directly to Blizzard Entertaiment. Taxes are also paid in the country purchases were made in. That makes RUB currency only nominal. I do not mean to be negative or offensive in any shape or form. Please, bear with me. Rubles are a currency of a country-aggressor that kills ukrainians on the east of Ukraine (and that's quite literal, I had to deal with the consequences myself) and annexed part of the Ukraine's territory. Even though I'm lucky enough to live in a relatively safe region, for obvious reasons I would like to not use or even see RUB as a currency I pay your services for. So, given everything said above, having all the prices in RUB while being ukrainian is quite uncomforting, to say the least. It's not just about my personal preference or feelings, it's also about how Blizzard Entertiment company overall is percieved in Ukraine. I understand that Ukraine's market and user base might not be big enough to justify any big changes finance-wise, but I also know Blizzard Entertiment is not just all about finances, but also about consumer experience and high quality service. Is there anything possible to be done to resolve this situation globally? Such as change currency for Ukraine to USD, EUR or even UAH while preserving relative prices? Is there anything I can personally do to make this happen? Thank you. PS: yes, I did search for similar threads. But unfortunately did not find a response there from the Blizzard Entertaiment representative. It's quite sensitive topic, so any response explaining possibilities would be greatly appreciated. For further reference: - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20759276824 - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20759526758 PS2: yes, I did try to contact support. They directed me here. For further reference: #62673936DiRaven22 3d
3d I can't buy blizzard products without feeling guilty. I've played blizzard games for over a decade with my husband. We ask for blizzard gift card every year for Christmas because it’s the only entertainment we really needed. You covered all our entertainment needs...and we would proudly show off merch and plushies from your store. It's been the best years of our lives, and we've made wonderful memories together with the content your game developers provided. Thanks for that. But I am confused. Very confused. Maybe someone in your circles can help me understand. If Blizzard/activision made a profit this year why did they lay off 800 employees? Was having a profit not profitable enough? And how am I supposed to enjoy a game when I know the people's livelihood of those that created it are at risk? I can't play anymore, I feel too guilty to enjoy myself while this greed persists with your company. I can’t loot treasure knowing your employees are terrified of where there next rent check is coming from. I certainly can't buy your products and show them off proudly anymore. The loss of those employees just won’t leave my head. :( Please, please fix it. Or abandon ship before they feel like it’s okay to do it to you, too. (yeah you employee reading this) I don't want to feel like crap while I'm playing your games. The people who created them matter to me and seeing as how they made the money, maybe the people at the top should care about them, too. You deserve better, and so do I. I deserve to feel good while playing games. Until blizzard can find some human decency I’m going to take my husband and go play games with him from companies with morals for others well being. I’ll ask for gift cards during the holidays from other companies until then. I just can’t justify giving blizzard money when it’s very apparent it’s not enough money to keep the people who gave me your games to begin with a stable job. That's not okay. I hope you find better ground soon as a company with activision and if you do, I hope to return. Until then, you are welcome to let me know if I missed something here or if greed truly rules humanity. Thanks.Samarah1 3d
6d Gifting processing time? I must say, i'm pretty hugely disappointed with the 72 hour processing time associated with gifts in battlenet. Digital sales should NOT TAKE THIS LONG. Battlenet, get your !@#$ together. I didn't think my friend would be waiting almost an entire week to play the game. FIX. THIS. NOW.teddyventure2 6d
Feb 11 Starcraft 2 merch sizes Can we please get more StarCraft merch and possibly more sizes in rotation as whenever there's merch that I want to buy (20'th anniversary for example) there's only remaining sizes left such as small or 2x large.JamesGames0 Feb 11
Feb 10 Is there a way I can restore another character within 15 days of each other? Even if I have to pay (within reason) just want to know if it's possible?Matricx1 Feb 10
Feb 7 Razer Gold/Silver program Hello i was wondering if and when the Razer Gold/Silver program was going to be launched in the USA. Currently you can only use the function if you are in SEA but Razer has claimed they gave all of battle.net action to implement it. NA here for purpose of if/and when that date is to be expected or known why it is not an option as the currency is a 1-1 ratio with NA compared to everywhere else it being valued at less than that 1-1 ratio for the countries they listed applicable for the program. I was told by Customer service to post about this here since they did notice that SEA has access to it but never even heard of it and had to look into what it even was and that they saw nothing for NA or EU accounts to when or if it will be addressed. Any information or consideration on this matter would be appreciated. Thank you.Blakkr1 Feb 7
Feb 6 Clothing Sizes I have been interested in buying several items of clothing off of the Blizzard store. Unfortunately it seems the sizes used are not standard American sizing and this causes all of the clothing to run extremely small. I really wish more sizes would be available, especially larger sizes like American 2xl and 3xl.Crysteria0 Feb 6
Feb 3 Blizzard design team should make Star Trek ship battle game The Blizzard design team should make a Star Trek Multiplayer fleet and single ship battle game. NOT Activision, but Blizzard they make the best games ever.Hunter7771 Feb 3
Feb 2 Can't Purchase D2?! Please Help!? Can't purchase Diablo 2; server error. This happens directly after being asked to enter in my D.o.B.Octaeveus5 Feb 2
Jan 28 Wow Gear Hello, I think it would be really awesome if there was more world of Warcraft gear, but instead of relating so much to BFA if it related more to the player, having class related apparel or even spec related, could be legendary weapons like the Doomhammer or Gorehowl. In my opinion I think this would be a really cool way to bring wow and blizz fans to show off their interest in wow outside of the realm. Just a thought.Starpoll1 Jan 28
Jan 28 Correct Currency For My Country Hi Blizzard, I am writing on this topic here because i tried contacting the customer support services and there reply to this was there is nothing customer support can do about this this is a issue which you need to post on forums for blizzard to look at. So My country is Pakistan We have local currency here PKR. Most of the popular game providers for example steam, Epic Games, and every other game provider provides us with payments in USD this is the currency used to make online payments that does not support the local currency PKR. Providers like Origin, Google Play store, Apple Store they support our local currency PKR which is much convenient for us. Now the blizzard store however for country Pakistan shows all the payments in Euros which is the only game provider that shows this currency for an Asian country. Why is a question? Why blizzard count us in Europe payment methods? I just want to bring this up because games like Black Ops 4 a big game coming to blizzard the only provider from where we can buy Black Ops 4 for pc and we are stuck with payment methods that support Euros for some reason. We goto activison the game maker website and they ask us for the whatever edition we want to buy the payment shown on there website is USD and when we select retailers it gives us one option Batlle.net and redirects us to your store which shows us the game is in Euros. This is due to the blizzard store is not updated. Point out any other provider like Steam, Apple store, Google play store, EA, Origin or any that uses Euros for Pakistan.? We want to buy games from blizzard but due to payment currency being Euros which we are forced to give 25% to 30% more to blizzard we are unable to make any purchase. We want to play your games but why should we pay so much extra? Blizzard is a big platform but also it is the only platform which is not updated for the Asian countries it lacks the support the payment methods to provide ways to grow blizzard in Asia also its like blizzard only focus on other regions. I need blizzard store to update currency.Salman99875 Jan 28
Jan 27 Split payment option for in-game purchases I recently purchased a $20 Blizzard prepaid card to add money to my battle.net account balance. Before I purchased the card I figured I could use that 20 from the card and pay the other $1.65 with my debit card. Which would make sense right? I feel like adding a split payment option would benefit greatly instead of having to add that extra change to your account and having to wait up to three days each time. Especially considering you can't make a whole lot of in-game purchases for only $20. This is just my 2 cents on the subject and feel like it would be a great addition.Oakshadarus12 Jan 27
Jan 20 Overwatch knit long sleeve Are there any plans to restock that Overwatch knit long sleeve sweater? It looks really nice, and I would love to throw my money at one.Scoopy0 Jan 20
Jan 20 Nicer refund policies Maybe for the future it would be nice to have a more reasonable refund policy like Steam for example. Tried to refund Black Ops 4 because I can't run it. Got told they couldn't do anything because I tried to run it. How else am I gonna know if I can run it? Pretty ridiculous and it makes me feel like the big fat sack of Shekels i probably am to you.Falconhoof3 Jan 20
Jan 17 Battle for Azeroth Pullover Hoodie is NOT part of the new year sale. I think it is quite misleading that the Battle for Azeroth Pullover Hoodie is heavily featured in promotional images for the current new year sale but is actually not on sale.Serenus0 Jan 17
Jan 16 Cho'gall T-Shirt Hi, I'm not sure if you guys all remember the Cho'gall shirt they had on the store for a while, but I'd love if it made a comeback, I bought a set of them for my best friend and myself(Him being Cho, me being Gall) but I recently lost the shirt on a trip. Will the shirts ever make a comeback? I would love to order another.Thanh2 Jan 16
Jan 14 Why does order from Blizzard Shop is pending for 30 days? I ordered some clothes from Blizzard Shop on 27th of November. Then, some days later they e-mailed me: "The item(s) listed below from your order have shipped out of our warehouse and are now on the way to your shipping address." Now it's pending and support isn't answering. What can i do???MrDominoshko1 Jan 14
Jan 12 Why does it take so long for Blizzard to process gifts? So my friend gifted me the annual pass for destiny with a prepaid visa card like 12 hours ago and I still haven't gotten the gift. I really wanna play the DLC and I'm kind of getting frustrated and want to know how long it'll take. I just asked him what the status on the order is and he told me that it was Pending - Processing. Does anyone know how long it will take for me to actually receive the gift and if there's anything I need to do?RedElRegnans2 Jan 12
Jan 10 Can’t find “Redeem Digital Goodies” Button So I linked my battle.net account to my overwatch account on PS4 so I could get my 100 extra overwatch league skin tokens, I followed all of the steps on the site to claim my reward, but from what I can tell, there is no “redeem digital goodies button.” Can someone send either a screenshot of where it is or just give me very specific directions to where the button is?BrightHammer4 Jan 10
Jan 6 Destiny 2 was free (Upgrade)? nvm misreadAbyssalShade0 Jan 6
Jan 6 I can't refund Black Ops 4 I'll make this story short. Played this game less than an hour but GM claimed I played for 7 hours. Probably downloading time and waiting on the lobby counts. I am literally level 2 on the multiplayer and I can't refund the game. The moment the game finish downloading, I probably surpass the required time to refund this game. Then I spend a few more hours testing the game performance because the performance on my PC is absolutely terrible. They still won't refund me the game. Been supporting Blizzard for since Vanilla WOW but that probably doesn't matter.BlazingNinja3 Jan 6
Jan 5 Rss Feed for Blizzard News Hi everyone at Blizzard! Could we have RSS feeds for Blizzard news? Its hard to keep track of stuff happening with so much Blizzard has to offer. I keep missing out on gear store items and game news! Thank you for your time!Keaganzy1 Jan 5
Jan 5 Lost Connection To The Rendering Device I constantly run into an issue while playing overwatch, when I am 20 minutes into playing, my game crashes telling me, "your game has lost connection to the rendering device" I was wondering if anyone else ahs run into this problem, because I am unable to play the game with this constantly happeningTH1RT3EN1 Jan 5
Jan 4 Multiple copies/Add a cart Please bring back the cart functionality of the original store? Like say I wish to buy multiple copies of a pet currently on sale to give to friends at some future point in time.. As it stands now I have to make each purchase individually a send each to a given e-mail addy. Rather than say Enchanted Fey Dragon: Quantity (4). I did so in the past when the Celestial Steed first came out in the old store. Or take the current sale on the Battlechest and MoP. People may want to buy multiple copies for the future. Either for RAF's, gifts, or whatever. Being able to buy multiple copies at one time would be a HUGE bonus during the current sale. As well as future promotions.Thunderwulf34 Jan 4
Jan 1 refund dear blizzard i want to refund black ops 4 please i cant play black ops The game works now when i bought a new graphic cardisakosoffa2 Jan 1
Dec 30 Paysafecard issues ... Please Implement a way to use Paysafecard, PLEASE OH PLEASE. I mean it cost blizzard less ? its faster more secure because NO bank account needed the thing is i bought a paysafecard for 10 euro AND i noticed we can't use it here, i need paypal now and can't find a solution please find one for me. And don't say "buy Battle.net prepaid card" THEY DONT EXIST IN THE COUNTRY THAT IS CONSIDERED THE CENTER OF EUROPE (Belguim) So im in a bit of annoying position here... i have money issues so these 10 euro per month is all i could spend so i just can't lose 10 euro its much more annoying then you think... Please helpGoldenBrovok336 Dec 30
Dec 28 Sudden hidden charges shipping to Canada - Fedex So a lot of us run into an with sudden hidden charges showing up, months later, due to the shipper that Blizzard uses to ship to Canada; FedEx. When we order from Blizzard, we pay for the items, pay for the shipping, and then usually within 1-3 days, get our package. Months later, we get a giant bill from Fedex. When our package hit the border, Fedex pays the taxes on our package to Customs, and then sends us the bill to pay them back. Which is fine & expected. Unfortunately, when they do this, they like to charge what's called an "Advancement Fee". Their website states that they charge one, but you have to drill down to see that it's currently either '2.5% of the amount advanced, or $10 whichever is more'.. But I've been sent a straight $30 fee on top of my sales tax owing, on a $43USD order (includes $9 USD shipping), so I'm not sure how accurate their website really is with their fees or how they're managing to inflate them. To add to this, they say that if you create a Fedex account, with your shipping address and a credit card attached, any shipments to that address will be automatically linked to your account and your credit card will be immediately charged when Customs assesses fees, avoiding the Advancement Fee altogether. Except they don't always automatically charge it, and when they don't, they send you a nice invoice months later, AND assess the fee. Which they SAY you can get waived if you call them to get the invoice attached to your account, but they'll only waive the Advancement Fee once (when I called to get it waived, I was informed that per management, they can only waive the fee once, no matter the circumstance). If they continue to fail to automatically charge your credit card, you'll keep getting charged the fee. And they won't waive it afterwards, even if they were the ones who screwed up. My gear store order in March 2017 was awesome, and its because Blizzard charged sales tax on it for me. It was an expensive order (when converted to Canadian, boo), but it was for 3 people, and because of the group order, we saved on the shipping (default shipping amount for a single item, no matter how small, was $14 USD, it's now slightly less). Subtotal $125.25 Shipping & Handling $33.83 Discount (MMO Champion 10%) -$12.53 Tax $19.11 Grand Total $165.66 Because of that tax paid, Fedex had to inform Customs that the tax had already been paid on my order, and Fedex couldn't charge the Advancement Fee. For the first time in forever, I didn't get a crazy bill afterwards. I don't know whether that was a test or what, but sales tax isn't being charged now, so we're still subject to the ridiculous Fedex charges. Please start charging us sales tax on gear store purchases (and remit to CRA), so that Fedex stops with the major charges to us that we simply can't get out of. Or stop shipping with Fedex, and go USPS with them handing off to Canada Post.Ressie25 Dec 28
Dec 27 StarCraft Remastered, no PDF Manual or Quick Reference. StarCraft Remastered, no PDF Manual or Quick Reference. Looking back I see this is my 7th copy of this great game. I was expecting at least a PDF StarCraft manual included. I see the SC Battle Chest manual in on Blizzard's FTP site. I really was hoping for the original full color Quick Reference Chart. {My color copies would be back in the debris field somewhere, I think the B&W version is on the table behind me.} The included PDF is a Quick Start Guide, not in the least pertinent to the digital Remastered StarCraft.SgtWallace1 Dec 27
Dec 27 Need to File a Complaint I need to file a complaint. I bought a gift card to Blizzard over 2 months ago. Best Buy activated it and I have the receipt and went to Best Buy to confirm it was activated and they demonstrated it was. I filed trouble tickets and I keep getting blown off by the unprofessional customer service people. The last one claimed they were having "higher ups" look at it and not to respond until they contacted me. They then did nothing for 3 weeks.Belisarius7710 Dec 27
Dec 26 Levitating Snowball is falling on its own. I just got the Levitating Snowball for Christmas, and I am able to get it floating no problem, but after about 10-20 minutes it just falls, and it scratches the mirror below it. Is this normal? has anybody been able to get it floating indefinitely? It is on a flat surface, and nobody is touching it.DPSMoiraMain0 Dec 26
Dec 25 30% Discount on almost all Overwatch products... Can someone help me out to understand what's going on with the US store? I mean, everyone who bought Mercy and Hanzo and received them 1-3 months ago, is now a big loser with those discounts. Not to speak of all those people who ordered Genji's Blade or Snowball. These two came out just this month... Hell even Doomfist is 30% off without being released yet. On the other hand, the EU store offers no discount on any OW piece. What is going on? Is the US Gear Store trying to compensate for problems they had in November or something? If so, why don't just sent promo codes to these people, so they can get that kind of discount? My family was so kind to gift me Mercy and Genji's Blade for Christmas. But with this sale going on, I have to ask myself: Why did they have to pay full price, while it seems to be no problem to dish out big fat discounts on even the newest products? I'm from Germany, but even importing these pieces from the US would have saved them quite a lot of money. Please, if someone knows something, I'm keen to be enlightened. Anyway, happy holidays everyone.Slayer0 Dec 25
Dec 24 Can't Gift See You Later WoW bundle?? Why is this not available as a gift item? I'll buy every item separately if I have to, but Good Lord, Blizz, sort yourselves out. If I can gift everything individually, why can't I do it as a bundle? You've been heavily advertising this in the run up to Christmas, I go to get it for someone, and see no gift option. Also, I couldn't open a ticket because there is literally no category for this. Ugh.Aminah1 Dec 24
Dec 23 Destiny2 - collections are the same? Good day! I can not understand, why add-ons to the Destini2 for PC are sold in different sets with different names? For example, "Destiny 2: Forsaken - Complete Collection" and "Destiny 2: Forsaken - Digital Deluxe Edition" contain the same set of add-ons, but differ in price. Why there is no table of differences in the version of the game with the additions?Jackalgod1 Dec 23
Dec 23 Can't gift to email address? I used to be able to gift a game to an email address and have my friend create an account or add to their existing account but I am unable to do so anymore. I can only select from a list of friends' battletags. May I know how can I gift to a friend who do not have a Blizzard account yet?andeelym2 Dec 23
Dec 21 Terrible support for account balance issue. Just a gripe here. I had an issue with my account balance. It looked a lot lower than I thought it was. So I went looking for the account history that shows when you add money or game time, and I could not find it. So I contacted support who basically told me "no way to track that. Go post on the forums." Then disconnected before I could say anything else. Very irritating. https://imgur.com/a/pV0pqDSTravisR0 Dec 21
Dec 20 Gear Store Ordeal It's unfair to both us and the staff + customer support that most of the orders placed in November are cancelled. That 30% off coupon does not cover the purchases we made in November. It only clogs up the shop even more if people order now, and all the gifts I bought for my loved ones won't arrive by Christmas or at all even though my region is close to where the items are shipped from. If Blizzard wants to keep their partner whose system !@#$ed up clean that is fine with me - but someone has to take responsibility. I don't care if I get it in November 2019, I would rather get what I ordered than a sorry excuse. Also, in your auto-generated emails, you could fix the quantity to reflect the purchase summary because people will get confused if you write 1x when it was 2x or 3x for items. -the EU forums are down so... had to post somewhere.Svarter1 Dec 20
Dec 20 Does checking out as a guest de-prioritize your order in the Blizzard shop? Does checking out as a guest de-prioritize your order in the Blizzard shop? Recently, for the black Friday deals, on Nov 19th, I placed an order in the morning for 2 of the items on sale. I wanted to make sure successfully ordered the items before the stock ran out, so I checked out as a guest. (As I wanted to use my personal email to track my packaged.) About 5 or 6 other co-workers placed orders later in the day. I've not received an update email, but realized something might be wrong, when all of my coworkers who had placed orders, were talking about how they all expected them to be delivered to their homes today. After checking the status of my order, it is still "processing" ten days later. The only difference between their orders and my order was that I placed mine in the morning, where they placed theirs after 3pm and that they were signed into their battlenet accounts. So my question, after talking with live chat about how to resolve this and only being shown the order status form, was are guest check out orders deprioritized some how, in comparison to people who signed in before ordering. According to support, my only solution is to just "wait for it to move forward as we are experiencing a high volume of orders." I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this before?Snowstorm2 Dec 20
Dec 20 Gear shop canceled my order, support only making fools out of people Gear shop canceled my order, support telling nothing than lies. After 10 days of nothing : https://imgur.com/a/Rvbzq5r After another 10 days: https://imgur.com/a/r6srd2M Today: https://imgur.com/a/PXkcrog I just want to thank you Blizzard, you finally gave a me a reason big enough to finally quit with you, games, stuff, even news. I dont care if someone of the blizz employes are reading this, i wish you a merry christmas and hope your kids gets what they want because mine wont, thanks to you. Order was made on November 21. 4x (2x screenshot provided) the shop support was telling me its all okay, there is no problems with the order, there was no hint from them it will be canceled or anything like that. EVERYTIME I ASKED THE STUPID MORONS TOLD ME THE ORDER IS FINE. This is you blizzard, ignoring customers, lying everywhere you go, you are treating your customers like nothing like dirt, after all the money spent on games, services, passes, charity etc. this is what we get "sorry there was a mistake in the system"....yeah LIES again, your employes told me its packed and ready to be shipped, then they told me there is a delay and some problem with the courier service, then they told me they dont know about delays bla bla bla i just have to wait...and now....its canceled. Bravo Blizzard, i will never trust you again. I wish you a merry christmas and hope your kids will get the gifts they want, because mine wont thanks to you.Azog0 Dec 20
Dec 19 Battle for Azeroth canvas wall-hang... I’ve been waiting for news about the Battle for Azeroth canvas wall-hangs. I was hoping for the release of it before the release of the expansion, but... Any news about this, so we can complete our collection again ;)Leilee1 Dec 19
Dec 18 Blizzard Gear Shop Complaint Hello! I have a complaint against Blizzard Gear Shop. First I had an order on the 21/11 (Black Friday), after 2 weeks since my order status was still "PROCESSING" I talked a couple times with different Game Masters that assured me that my order is still processing and hopefully it will arrive before Christmas. Last time I talked yesterday with GM Ryarmorthel which again he told me that they are doing their best to send everyone the orders until Christmas. Today I received and email from Blizzard and my thoughts were that maybe my order was sent and I have a tracking number...but no...my order was canceled because they experienced a system malfunction and they are unable to fulfill my order, but hey here is a 30% discount for your next order. This is unacceptable for a company like Activision/Blizzard, if it's your mistake you have to do right by your customers. There is something that you could buy on Black Friday and now there are different prices and also with the 30% the BF prices are unreachable. The second thing is that I ordered the BlizzCon 2018 Goody Bag, I live in Romania and I'm sure that I will not be able to get to any BlizzCon event in the near future (I cannot afford it) so I wanted at least to have something from the event. The third problem was today trying to talk to someone (Game Master Razerium) through Chat about my complaint, he said, in a few words, they can't do anything, that's that. I asked for a address to send my complaint, he game me this forum link and just closed the chat session although the Gear Feedback section is a closed Beta, this is very unprofessional. Ok, I was just spilling my frustration on him (in a diplomatic way) but he shouldn't just shutting me off with only this forum link where maybe someone reads my complaint...maybe not. This was a gift for me from my GF and this is really unpleasant...they could have at least ask me if I still want my order if some stuff is missing...but no...order closed, maybe you just didn't want to send it to Romania, just another moron from Romania. The whole experience was unpleasant, and I don't think I will ever trust BlizzGear again to buy anything. Hope that someone reads my novel and takes notes... Best regards and Merry Christmas!Kreator0 Dec 18
Dec 18 Glitch in security system - forces to change password I am currently traveling overseas and wanted to play some Starcraft 2. However, I got an error message saying "Our Login System Has Detected A Change In Your Access Pattern". That's fair, I am logging in from a different country, good to know Blizzard is making sure my account stays safe. The issue I have with it is twofold: 1. It only happens when I try to play Starcraft 2, no other Blizzard games are affected; 2. The email I received has no way to resolve this, it just suggests that IF it is not me trying to log in, I should change the password. There is no way to validate it is me. I contacted customer service, which proved to be a waste of time as I learned the only way to resolve this is to change the password. Password that is perfectly fine to play other games, use battle.net app, or even post on these forums. I know this is not a big deal, but I don't want to change my password and I do not appreciate being forced to do so for no good reason. I follow a strict algorithm for generating my passwords to make them secure, but also simple to memorise, and now I need to break the algorithm to replace my password with a different one. It is pointless, annoying and inconsistent. Please make sure it is not arbitrarily only affecting one of the titles, and please include an option to just unlock the account without changing password.Norandil0 Dec 18
Dec 17 WC3 Suggestion ^# Warcraft 3's goody but something hugely is missing which is Friend List capacity, I mean it's so small that it can fit what around 15 people or 10? It's ridiculous.Sokasz0 Dec 17
Dec 17 Refund Policy I would like to place a formal complaint within the blizzard forums regarding its non-existent refund policy for digital content, in its terms for digital content sales they stipulate: "All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final. No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that can not be excluded or limited by law " I sincerely believe that blizzard should revise this policy and change it, at least for me with what has just happened to me, I do not think that I'm buying a game directly from blizzard's digital store knowing that this could happen. There is no way to know for sure if I am going to enjoy a game until I play it, if at the time of playing it I am not satisfied with my purchase I should be able to request a refund for the content for which I've payed. Finally as I told the support agent that talked with me about this issue, they could just copy or get something similar to steam's refund policy where you can ask for a refund two weeks after the purchase if you have less than 2 hours on the game.Jawnee2 Dec 17
Dec 13 Support a Creator? I'm thinking this should be a thing Blizzard looks into for everyone who still supports their games. Just a code you put into the blizz store and a percentage of anything you buy goes to a creator of your choice.BonBon0 Dec 13
Dec 13 Cannot redeem statue card I purchased an Illidan statue at Blizzcon and since then I have not been able to redeem this in the store since it is always out of stock. I purchased this for $350 and have no way to obtain my item. I asked for a refund from Blizzard support and they said they cannot. I do not have the ability to check the store frequently to "catch" when it is available again, especially since this seems to completely defeat the purpose of buying this at the event. There needs to be a resolution for this since I have already been charged for an item I do not have and possibly may never have.Mokilok0 Dec 13
Dec 12 ADVERTISING BANK AND LOANS IN THE APPLICATION - IS THIS NORMAL? The Russian part of the community was surprised to find in the application an active advertisement of the bank Tinkoff, “specifically, a credit card for players. With a wild % of course and a very dubious cashback. Russian support - went away from questions about this advertisement, and topics on the forum were successfully cleaned or banned. From here I had a question - is it normal to advertise on my resource with games 12+ banks, and credit cards as well. This is despite the fact that when you click on the link for registration, only the phone number and name are required. This is despite the fact that this bank is famous for its bad reputation throughout Russia. Is the main office aware of what is happening in the Russian branch? Or is it the next step into the abyss of our beloved company? Blizzard is ready to give teenagers in credit slavery? I would like to hear your thoughts. https://ibb.co/SdzFxc6GreyMediator0 Dec 12
Dec 11 Refund time is less than 30 min on Cod 4 ? LOL ? hello there , i bought the game yesterday and only played it 30 min or so and i asked blizzard for a refund ! and they told me i have played too much to refund ? how is 30 min too much for refund ? is this a joke ? scam ? whats this seriously ! i never bought any thing from activision before and probly will never buy again ! thats a harsh way to scam people ! This is my chat with blizzard gm ! i almost played all blizzard games and im disapointed in them now ! is the money Coming from bo4 worth losing your reputation? ! https://imgur.com/WKuiI1yMythic1 Dec 11