General Discussion

Jan 25 [All] Server Upgrade January 4th @ 1000 PST Hi All, We will be upgrading the servers for Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 and Starcraft at 10am PST on Friday. Expected down time is 1 hour. Changes (For Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3): Added new chat command /verify-tw to allow Taiwan citizens to extend default lifetime of their accounts to a year to accommodate new legal legislation in Taiwan (Note: Valid Taiwan Battle.net account required to complete verification) Added email notifications 15 days before account or character expiration Thanks, Classic GamesMark Chandler112 Jan 25
Nov 19 [War3] Forums Have Moved Please visit the new Warcraft III forum: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/c/general-discussionMark Chandler0 Nov 19
Mar 6 [D2] Season 23 Begins 12/7 Greetings adventurers, We know you're eager to sharpen your blade, restring your bow, and practice your arcane arts. Season 23 is scheduled to begin Friday, December 7 at 5:00 PM PT! We'll see you in a few weeks for the latest ladder reset! Cheers, Diablo Community TeamNevalistis259 Mar 6
Jan 23 [D2] Support Ending for Windows XP and Vista With an upcoming platform patch intended to streamline the process of launching and connecting to Diablo II, we will be ending support for Windows XP and Vista. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively. As we continue to support our legacy titles, we have found the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to newer versions as well. Once our next patch update hits, Diablo II will no longer run on Windows XP or Vista. We encourage any players who are still using one of these older OSes to upgrade to a newer version.Nevalistis0 Jan 23
Sep 1 [All] Chat Bot API V3 Hi All, Classic is Pleased to announce Chat API Alpha 3 with self registration: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/static-assets.classic.blizzard.com/public/Chat+Bot+API+Alpha+v3.pdf Thanks, ClassicMark Chandler59 Sep 1
Feb 8, 2014 Welcome to the Classic Games General Forum! Greetings, Classic Gamers! We're extremely pleased to present you with this new, modern forum for the discussion of Blizzard's classic games! What games are meant to be discussed in this forum? Classic games! If the game you want to discuss is Warcraft III or older, then you're in the right place. If you're wanting to discuss a more modern title, please use the links below instead: - World of Warcraft - Hearthstone - Diablo III - Heroes of the Storm - Starcraft II - Overwatch If you're looking for help with an issue that prevents you from playing a classic game, please check out the neighboring Support Forum. These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspects of Blizzard's games with other players. Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Also, suspension or banishment from the game will always result in the same in regard to forum access. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category. Code of Conduct Please use the search function at the top of the page to find information on a topic before you post a question. Everyone will appreciate it. Additional Forum Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct), there are some common courtesy guidelines we ask you please follow. While these do technically fall within the Code of Conduct, they’re intended to clarify specific cases that may be confusing. General Discussion Forums are for discussion of topics directly related to each game The word general can be somewhat misleading, but any General Discussion forum is for threads about the game itself. If you wish to discuss other topics whether it’s polling for real-life statistics, or asking what someone listens to while playing, please post in our Off-Topic Forum. Please note that this includes comparisons with other games. Do not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, etc. This practice is used to draw attention to a post. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask that you refrain from using sensational tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned on Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Posting IBL, IBTL, or its variants constitutes spamming We appreciate that our posters understand the Code of Conduct to the point where they can call whether or not a thread is in violation; however, saying “In before the lock” does not contribute to a constructive community and it does fall under spamming. If you wish to acknowledge a post that violates policy, please report it instead by using the biohazard symbol. Do not bump posts Bumping is posting any non-information for the purpose of raising a thread to the top of the list. Bumping a post is considered spamming and contributes nothing constructive to the discussion. Your thread will be seen; there is no need to continually bump it to the top of the list. Petition posts are frowned on This is a discussion forum. Petition threads do not contain much discussion, instead a petition is usually page after page of /signed. It isn’t constructive. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil fashion. There are other places on the Internet to form online petitions. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. We lock before we post on a locked thread to stop the violation in question as soon as possible, so if you have yet to see a comment by a member of the community team on a locked thread, please wait for it and do not post on the subject. If you do have questions regarding forum moderation, please use the appropriate contact e-mail. If you have a post to report or a sticky to request, use the report option under the "Thumb's Down" button or email wowreportedpost@blizzard.com Please do not post linking to threads you feel should be moderated or stickied. By using the methods we have in place, we can moderate more efficiently. Game on!Kaltonis0 Feb 8, 2014
34m [D2]About Bots Are there plans in place, after War3 Reforge is where you want it, to tackle D2 LoD and once and for all allow legit players to have free run of the ladders without cheaters and criminals ruining it for us? On US West HC Ladder there is only one other barb player as good as I am and he seems to have quit because we can’t enjoy the race to 99 when the game is inundated with follow bo barb bots. Will the next ladder finally be a good one free of cheaters and criminals?AtomicPunk55 34m
4h Clean and Fair D2. I would like to stop all Bots and all private d2 item shops.Diaboro6 4h
7h Thanks for nerf humans again and again. I quit this game Nerf a race while improve the rest of races without consider original design of game. Now its very very hard to me win any game playing as human, so the game is not fun for me anymore. -"Balance" without understand the game -Destroy the old forum without dump topics or users in to new one Keep the good work retards :)xzz7 7h
10h Please Create A Way To Report Backstabbers/Griefers/Etc. Backstabbers, Griefers, people who are intentionally ruining the game are one of the worst part of any games. Most current games have a mechanism already. For example, "alexjonesisgay3" on US East/Azeroth Warcraft 3 is 0-13 ATM, some guy who has been creating accounts to just be AFK for years already. Please start by banning him now. Also "i-will-tk", the name explains itself. This is one of the best things you can do for the community. My biggest suggestion is to allow only one account per CD Key like Starcraft 2.hydro8 10h
13h [D2]New D2 Forums When we get them I nominate OShogun as an MVP.AtomicPunk16 13h
15h keybinds wiped? patch just wipe all the keybinds or am i the one retarded?BEEFNASTY1 15h
19h Fail to authenticate 2.5 When I try to activate my War 3, it tells me that it failed to authenticate 2.5. I have already preorder War3 reforgedKAJas1haw0 19h
20h [D2] Deleted a character with a bunch of items Hello, I just deleted a fairly expensive mule character to change class and get it rushed. Any way to revert it? This character had extremely rare items, feels bad.. so bad. Character deleted was named ''BTC'' a level 1 Barbarian with a inventory/stash full of gear Edit: Useast Non-ladder character, I still own the name but it's now a paladin, I would pay if needed to get these items rolled back on the barbarianKarma3 20h
22h [D1] Diablo Retail Channel Still Bugged The Diablo Retail En channel is still bugged on the GOG Diablo re-release. It keeps creating a new instance of the channel whenever the old instance has only 2 players in it. This is important because it is the default channel joined upon entering Battle Net. For example, if 10 people join an empty Battle Net at once there will be the following Channels: Diablo Retail En-1 Diablo Retail En-2 Diablo Retail En-3 Diablo Retail En-4 Diablo Retail En-5 .. with only two people in them each! And when a 11th person joins bnet, they will be joined into an empty Diablo Retail En-6 channel. This bug makes new players think the game is dead and also makes it difficult to group up, re-group and socialize on Battle Net! Please fix it!!Noobstorm2 22h
1d Possible changes to UD in future patches Just throwing out some thoughts, Blizzard, will you consider changing DK coil and making it able to heal friendly units/hero regardless of race (i.e. that i can use my Coil to heal my naga or even firelord as UD)? This will open up UD with variety of options in terms of strategy and unit combo and may in fact cure the weakness of UD being difficult to expand. As we all know, all 3 other races have effective means of instant healing for their units and heros 1) paladin holy light 2) shadow hunter heal 3) NE rejuvenation and moonwells But for UD, if your hero is not an UD unit, you can only basically count on your health potion, this, i believe is one of the major reasons why UD always have a DK start and be confined into very limited strategy/unit combo. Further, with more options in the choice of hero, hero nuking may no longer be UD's primary focus.keywinds1 1d
1d I got banned for saying what Blizzard said Telling people the OK symbol is racist got me banned. Blizzard, you are a joke.M3A715 1d
1d What would you recommend for a career in game design? I am a senior in high school, getting ready to start college, and I'm looking into maybe pursuing a career in game development. What kind of classes, programming languages, and activities would you recommend looking out for now and while I am in college?n1njaman39 1d
2d Are there actually any jewel recipes in Diablo 2? Are there actually any jewel recipes in Diablo 2? There are cube recipes for gems, and runes, and items - and there are references to jewel recipes in the various D2 guides I have read - but I have never been able to find any recipes that use actual jewels. Am I looking in the wrong places. Do they exist?Shoehorizon3 2d
2d Unable to Launch Wc3 Hi. This is about the 4th time now in about half a year that I am unable to launch Warcraft 3 TFT. It constantly crashes about 1 second after I launch the game. Any thoughts on how to fix this, other then re downloading?Zavitski0 2d
2d Where is the compassion Blizzard???? So I travel a lot for work living in and out of hotels. I purchased Diablo 2 about 24 days ago. I bought it online at a hotel and could not connect to battle.net to play D2 online. I opened a ticket to have this fixed and after being told to "restart my laptop and try again" that there was nothing else they could do to connect me to battle.net. Well after my stay in California was done I got sent straight to Oklahoma for more work where Diablo 2 would not work at my hotel again. Today I tried to get it refunded and "my fault" just found out Blizzard has ZERO, NADA NOTHING for a refund policy...… Come on, Steam has a 30 day / 2 hours of gameplay return policy. I have spent between mine and my girls account 1000$s on blizzard games...… and Blizzard couldn't give me a 10$ refund for a game I will never be able to play because 20 days is to long ago for them to refund.... give me a break. You are supposed to entertain people...… where is the compassion for situations blizzard. I know it was only 10$ but seriously? Made me cancel my WC3 HD Preorder because I can not support greed like this...… Thanks for the many years of entertainment..... hopefully something Is done about this because I am sure I am not the only one.NoseFest3 2d
2d Arranged team is not working Arranged team is not working, i know how to host, it has been working for years, but now its not working anymore. blizzard pls if its the last thing you do, pls make at work again for players that have open ports and fire wall rules, hurry up that would be so nice or wc3 is pretty much uninteresting for everyone who wants to play serious ladder with friends. happy easter!WindRiverRob0 2d
3d Ahem. I have an announcement. OKEnigma0 3d
3d D2 Asia cdkey using by myself tried to connect to asia realm just 3~4 hours ago and then, stucked hahahcore10 3d
3d Dont want to buy WC3 twice I bought wc3 and the frozen throne expansion a long time ago and still have a cd copy of it with the cd key but I don't have a cd drive on my new computer. how can I play WC3 now? I don't want to buy the same game twice.CDUB1 3d
3d [D2]2012 MacBook Pro Issue Using WPs and TPs. Whenever, from where ever, going to act 3 my characters always drop due to a timeout. Also, using way points and town portals to go to town there is a 2-4 second delay before visually entering town. From the perspective of other players in the game it is instant, but from my perspective there is always this delay.AtomicPunk2 3d
4d [D2]Ladder Fees I’d pay $100 every 6 months to play on the ladder and I’m sure 10,000 other working adults would too so long as the money was used to keep bots off the ladder. Legits leave the ladder in mass quanties as soon as the bots start destroying the 90 - 99 race, which is 2 - 3 weeks in. Let the cheaters have nonladder and all the ladder gear they want, but give us legits a clean and healthy ladder free of bots and dupes. Give us a new all inclusive US Ladder Realm and charge a $100 for every ladder reset and keep the bots off. Sorry for the repetitiveness.AtomicPunk83 4d
4d Maybe Blizzard is no longer the previous Blizzard, but we want to play auto chess!! Maybe Blizzard is no longer the previous Blizzard, but we want to play auto chess!! Supportive top-down~~~~~~~~~~~Edward0 4d
5d Almost a 1000 members By now, we have spread all over the web, in many different forums, adding one shouldnt hurt. Trying to keep d2 alive as much as possible, and here, with a global discord! (This is for all Realms: East,West,Eu and Asia! Everyone is welcomed!) https://discord.gg/3nvkSeW Around 1000 members! And preparing for reset walk, possibly around june, I added a channel where people could maybe find players/teams. One day, we'll have enough players to communicate with, to keep the game alive. ^_^ So what can we do around here: Chat with other Diablo players, discuss items, drops, builds. Find other players you can Speedrun/Walkthrough with! Trade item for item, without having to look ingame for hours. I am still trying to make this discord reach the whole diablo 2 community! Kind regards, Glenn.OnVacation16 5d
5d Warcraft 3 ladder Solo Unfair selection of opponenents!! Hey My name is Michael , I start Play Again Warcraft 3 , because i wanted to remember the game. However , i noticed searching for games solo ladder it is very unfair , makes you unwilling to play warcraft 3 anymore. For example : My solo statistics 27-22 / 51.61%wins ( Acc : sajluttttttto ) and today the solo ladder system gave me this opponent : Spoki[fan] 194-42 / 82.57% wins I saw the system of the whitening opponents is VERY "disgusting" I have a question : Will the system of matching opponents be improved in the new warcraft, let's say on the model of a starcrafta with leagues for weaker players and better ?? because the current selection of opponents in the warcraft games is very unfair and rewards only good players, and the weaker players have no chance of development, will it be improved?Salut1 5d
5d Warcraft 3: issue joining ladder game Hi, Last month I bought a new computer but I got a bug which is sooooooo annoying.. When searching a ladder game, I often got a bug. Every 3-4 games, when I found a ladder game the game is just blocked. At the top-right it's write " Game Found", the eye is still moving, I can still write in channel and move to another channel, answers a wisp ect. I tried to wait to see if a message of error appears but not. even after 10 minutes, nothing change. So I have to crtl alt suppr and close wc3 this way and obviously I got a lose each time. to resume 30 % of my games are a freelose. So I simply stopped playing until I found a fix. What I already did: - download/Uninstall /reinstall wc3 via bnet website What I did but didnt fix the issue: - run wc3 as administrator - open windows firewall and allows wc3 in all terms ( public, domain, private) Nothing change, I searched on internet but I dont find my problem because other guys who has joinbug have a error message " cant find game , cant join ect.." and can still try to search again but I cannot... I just can still speak and change channels but I have to cllose wc3 by force to search again I'm hoping so badly someone got the same problem as me and found a solution... Thanks in advanceshak0 5d
6d warcraft 3 frozen throne custom games randomly disconnecting just randomly auto quits the game/disconnect during custom games like legion TD vamps and so on. It feels like when there are too many units/buildings it occurs frequently. Almost all players experience this issue. Any plan on fixing them?Black1 6d
Apr 11 Can I hide games on the launcher to reduce cluter? Is there away to hide games on the launcher that im never going to buy? Its eye soar. Im never going to buy a Activision game and im not interested in the Blizzard games either. I just want Diablo on that launcher.Fel1 Apr 11
Apr 10 Problem custom game when loading saving a collective game through battle.net the lobby does not appear and crashes to the main menuMonat1200 Apr 10
Apr 9 Warcraft 1 - Are Custom Games impossible? Hoping with the recent buzz about WC1 and 2, I could get some perspectives on this. Recently poked around with the game before it was re-added to GoG, and was trying out the custom games to get an idea for how the economy worked for WC1 in a standard setting. By default, you start with 2 workers and an infantry unit, which is pretty slow going. However, the biggest kicker is that the AI has a COMPLETE BASE with multiples of EVERY UNIT on the board from the start! Maybe they'll just send over a single ranged unit which you might be able to take down, but whatever next unit they send will almost certainly kill you, if they didn't already send a siege unit within 2 minutes. You're completely at the mercy of the AI in the custom games. Is there any way these are possible by default? Or are you meant to give yourself 5 cavalry or something just to survive?Terin0 Apr 9
Apr 9 [D2]So! Sc R War 3 R Classic WoW D1 GoG War 1 GoG War 2 GoG D2 has to be next. What is going to happen? Thoughts, wishes?AtomicPunk19 Apr 9
Apr 7 D2 - Why does this happen? So was following bots through a hell cbaal game, get dropped - game no longer exists and now can't join or create games. Anyone experience this and know what is up?Merced25618 Apr 7
Apr 7 StarCraft 3 I have an idea for SC3. It would be awesome if Blizzard would create SC3 using the units in SC original and add a 4th race. The balance between units and the 3 races in SC1 original was about as perfect as it could get!JumpyWizard0 Apr 7
Apr 7 Warcraft 2 Battle Net Edition - login issue. Warcraft 2 Battle Net Edition. How to login? The field is so short that I cannot put my email in it. Does anyone knows how to login?keriftrebor0 Apr 7
Apr 6 Survey from Blizzard. So, a request to fill out a survey from Blizzard popped up in my mail yesterday. Apparently, Blizzard wants to know what makes us, the valued customers, tick. Aaaaaannd... the survey sure did clear up a few things. About Blizzard. A LOT of questions were regarding what I thought was a good deal, along the lines of "Choose between WoW-subscription A, B or C, where each subscription has different prices and/or perks, like pets, mounts etc.". Blizzard, yet again you've managed to make it blatantly obvious how much out of tune you are with your fan base. I was never given an option to say "I'm willing to ditch all of those pretty and sparkly mounts, pets and all other kinds of decorative nonsense, if I can get a well developed game with a sensible and fleshed out storyline. If the game, that was once fun to play, could return to being fun to play and not just stand as a monument to how something good devolved into a corporate cash cow". I want a game where it shows that you've put in some care in the continual development beyond the first 5 years. Not a game that's vehemently focusing on how much vanity crap you can hawk in the in-game shop. Or how many shinies you can wave in my face to get me to boot up my subscription again. But that ain't happening. Not as long as the state of WoW is as it is. Kick up the current quality of WoW to around the level where it was back in the days (or better yet, above it), then we'll talk. Until then, in the words of Thrall: "I may have been raised by humans, but I'm no fool."Malignus13 Apr 6
Apr 6 So, Warcraft 1 and 2 are back To me, the most important game Blizzard ever released. Thanks, GoG. Also, can anyone say if there are people playing War2 on battle.net? Definitely wanna check that out.OShogun5 Apr 6
Apr 6 WC 3 Install I've just pre purchased wc 3 reforged because I wanted to play some classic wc 3. The issue is that I'm currently on a mac that doesn't support the newer OS X versions and I won't have access to a different computer for a few months. I've tried downloading the game through winery and everything seems to work perfectly up to the point when the actual game download begins. By this I mean the 'We're having trouble launching Battle.net update agent.' issue. Now, I've tried both suggestions listed there and neither of them worked. Anyone know the solution?Alexstrasza0 Apr 6
Apr 6 D2 LOD Account Deleted Dear all, yesterday I found my account deleted. If I try to log in battlenet, it says that 90 days has been passed but I'm sure that it's passed less than a month. It's a routine that I've had for about 20 years: I log in, start a game, and return to desktop to keep my two characters active. What can I do now? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771256982ThomasWood9 Apr 6
Apr 5 Destiny 2 and Annual Pass Need Help I'm trying to buy Destiny 2: Forsaken - Annual Pass but when I go shopping, the site says I need Destiny 2: Forsaken Standard Edition, can anyone explain the logic of it all? Destiny 2: Forsaken is another game? I already have destiny 2, I'll have to buy another game to continue playing there?Danilo2 Apr 5
Apr 5 [D2]Last 3 Years And The Road Ahead... Within the last 3 years the Classic Team has given Diablo II players the following free features and support. I'm grateful for the work done thus far. 1. The removal of spam bots. 2. 8 game key connections on 1 ip address. 3. Auto-perm new games. 4. Character name change feature. 5. Add/change email within chat. 6. An additional 10 characters per account. Complaints aside, can anyone think of anything I missed? In the future I'd like to see the game moved to the app, and give us new ladder realms separate from the existing ones. Make it so these ladder characters when moved to non-ladder cannot trade with other characters outside of the account they are on. Remove the hostile feature for this realm. I'd like to see a ladder fee for this new ladder system and for you to use the money to keep bots and hacks out. I know you have agreements with d2jsp allowing them to profit off your game as long as they don't allow bot talk on their forums, but revisit this agreement and prevent them from allowing the use of forum gold or any other currency on this new ladder system. I know this idea isn't for all players, so keep what is existing up for those that don't want to pay a fee and want to play with bots, but please give us legits our own ladder free of jsp, hacks, dupes and bots. We don't need a trade forum, we trade in game to get what we want.AtomicPunk7 Apr 5
Apr 5 Your thoughts on that? What if the classic team decides to do something more radical after reforged, what if instead of remastering a game they actually finish one, or at least collaborate with GOG for this. Maybe, just maybe we finally get Lord of the clans out! Or at least an official statement if it's legal to play the leaked version? C'mon blizz just put it in bnet classics download section as is, even that is enough. No matter the state the game is in, according to youtube videos it steel is better than D Imortal ;)vansamoran4 Apr 5
Apr 5 [Windows] So what. First born month so next. I.. I am.. I.. So.. Si.. So.. ______________________________ Dear Blizzard! I want it back classic operation systems support your games. From made it! For last year when dear You! closed this I so stupid all time. Don't eat don't drinks ONE year!! You want k..l me?ikki3 Apr 5
Apr 4 Looking for active players in UsEast Hey All, I freshly restarted (softcore/hardcore) and looking for active players, as the games seems infested by bots. Is there still players on this game?Onyx0 Apr 4
Apr 4 Worst Support ever...... A moment ago, I had a chat with Blizzard supp. Holy !@#$. I dont wanna play in Blizz games after this chat. As I was informed, my IP was banned, so I am unable to log in to Warcraft 3 Battle.net. Why??? Because... But the topic is about Support. me: emmm, so in case I will be banned for the second time with the same reason, you will tell me :Hey bro, fu. Just wait. We dont wanna tell you why u were banned? Champion`s answer: Yep. We are not providing information of ban reason in classic games. OMG, I am also a Support in a large domain-related company, and you know, I dont know what to say. YEEEEEEP!!!! No, fu Blizzard!Halestrom1 Apr 4
Apr 4 Warcraft 3 Ladder Bug Hi, The ladder ranks are not updating on the Warcraft 3 ladder webpage. The issue requires attention. Link: http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/game-select.aspx Best, DivineDivine3 Apr 4