Support

Feb 4, 2014 Welcome to the Classic Games Support Forum Welcome to the Technical Support forum for Blizzard Classic Games. This forum exists to provide our customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 7am-8pm Pacific, 7 days a week) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. When requesting assistance with or discussion an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Omrakos0 Feb 4, 2014
Feb 4, 2014 Firewalls and hosting games If players are not able to join your game, you may have a firewall in place. Firewalls may prevent incoming networks from reaching your computer and prevent you from hosting games. A firewall can come in many forms. In households, they may exist as security software, router and/or modem. The following information will help you configure your firewall. Ports Ports can be thought of as points of connection. The game listens to these ports to receive all of the information it needs to function. You will need the following ports opened to allow your game to accept connections and to host games: Diablo and Warcraft II Battle.net Edition: Allow port 6112-6119 TCP and UDP out and in Diablo II: Allow port 6112 TCP out and allow established sessions in Allow port 4000 TCP out (realm games) Allow port 4000 TCP out and in (hosting open games only) StarCraft: Allow port 6112 TCP and UDP out and in Warcraft III: Allow port 6112 TCP out and allow established sessions in Allow port 6112 TCP in (hosting custom games) Allow port 6113-6119 TCP out and in (hosting custom games if you have changed the default port in the Options/Gameplay screen) World of Warcraft: Allow port 3724 TCP out and in for Game Allow port 3724 UDP out and in for Voice Chat Blizzard Downloader: Allow port 6881-6999 TCP and UDP out and in Allow port 3724 TCP out and in Allow port 6112 TCP out and in For detailed information about ports and their functions, please visit our support site information on Ports. Software Firewalls You may recognize names such as Norton Internet Security, McAfee Personal Firewall Plus/Express, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, Panda, and many others. These security programs act as firewalls that can block single programs or specific ports from the network. More information on these can be found here Hardware Firewalls Virtually all routers available today have firewall functions to protect users from outside access. In addition to this, DSL and Cable modems may have firewall functions as well. These links will give you information on how to configure your products. For port numbers and information, please see above. • Almost-everything Port Forwarding Related • List of default usernames and passwords for routers • Belkin Networking Support: • D-Link Port Forwarding • Linksys Port Forwarding • Netgear Port Forwarding • USRobotics Support • ZyXEL Support Notes and exceptions There are a few things to make note of. Warcraft III is the only Blizzard Title that currently supports multiple players hosting games behind NAT. Other games are not able to do this. You may experience high latency with StarCraft, Warcraft II, and Diablo when joining the same game from the same connection. These games were not designed to use a shared connection. If you have recently patched a game and get "Unable to connect", a software firewall may be blocking the game change. Please configure it to allow the changed game. A "universal rule" for a hardware firewall may work for all Blizzard Battle.net games. Forward ports 4000 TCP and 6112-6119 TCP/UDP to your computer. For the Blizzard Downloader, if you have bittorrent set up already just allow port 6112 TCP and 3724 TCP. Port Triggering may work better for you depending on your router. Note that port triggering may fail if there is a second computer playing on the same game/port. Common issues If you did not change your networking equipment and you suddenly are not able to host, your internal IP address may have changed. Check your router's Port Forward section and make sure it is still forwarding information to the right computer.Omrakos0 Feb 4, 2014
Feb 4, 2014 How to receive help in this forum [FAQ] 1. Please do your best to write your problem as clearly as you can. Include as much detail as possible, as too much detail is better than too little. English is preferable, however if you don't speak English well, post in your native language and hopefully one of us will speak it (it also helps if you note that you aren't a native English speaker and note what your native language is so we can run it through online translator programs). 2. Try to be polite. We're not the source of your problem in any way, shape, or form. 3. We ask you questions (even if they may sound silly) for a reason. Please do your best to answer all of our questions, as it will allow us to solve your issue faster. If you need help determining the correct answer, let us know and we'll give you step-by-step instructions. 4. Please don't post your "problem" to multiple threads/forums. It's much easier for us to help you if you keep "your problem", and everything we've tried to fix it in one place so we don't repeat instructions needlessly. Here's a few things to avoid: ALL CAPS AlTeRnAtInG cApS l33t sp34l< onelongperiodlessparagraphthatsjumbledtogether Hopefully that'll help some of you guys out. =)Omrakos0 Feb 4, 2014
Feb 4, 2014 Forum Guidelines Welcome to the Battle.net forums. These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, role-play, and converse about any other aspects of Blizzard's games with other players. Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums. The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Also, suspension or banishment from the game will always result in the same in regard to forum access. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Please use the search function at the top of the page to find information on a topic before you post a question. Everyone will appreciate it. Additional Forum Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html), there are some common courtesy guidelines we ask you please follow. While these do technically fall within the Code of Conduct, they’re intended to clarify specific cases that may be confusing. General Discussion Forums are for discussion of topics directly related to each game The word general can be somewhat misleading, but any General Discussion forum is for threads about the game itself. If you wish to discuss other topics whether it’s polling for real-life statistics, or asking what someone listens to while playing, please post in our Off-Topic Forum. Please note that this includes comparisons with other games. Do not post in all capital letters, use excessive punctuation, etc. This practice is used to draw attention to a post. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask that you refrain from using sensational tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned on Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Posting IBL, IBTL, or its variants constitutes spamming We appreciate that our posters understand the Code of Conduct to the point where they can call whether or not a thread is in violation; however, saying “In before the lock” does not contribute to a constructive community and it does fall under spamming. If you wish to acknowledge a post that violates policy, please report it instead by using the biohazard symbol. Do not bump posts Bumping is posting any non-information for the purpose of raising a thread to the top of the list. Bumping a post is considered spamming and contributes nothing constructive to the discussion. Your thread will be seen; there is no need to continually bump it to the top of the list. Petition posts are frowned on This is a discussion forum. Petition threads do not contain much discussion, instead a petition is usually page after page of /signed. It isn’t constructive. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil fashion. There are other places on the Internet to form online petitions. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. We lock before we post on a locked thread to stop the violation in question as soon as possible, so if you have yet to see a comment by a member of the community team on a locked thread, please wait for it and do not post on the subject. If you do have questions regarding forum moderation, please use the appropriate contact e-mail. If you have a post to report or a sticky to request, use the report option under the "Thumb's Down" button or email wowreportedpost@blizzard.com If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue on your own, you can mark your post and the entire thread as [Solved]. Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. Hover your mouse over the post that solved your issue, and click on the “Mark As Solution” button (it will appear along with the “Reply” and Quote buttons). The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and [Solved] will be added to the Title of your thread. Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Please do not post linking to threads you feel should be moderated or stickied. By using the methods we have in place, we can moderate more efficiently.Omrakos1 Feb 4, 2014
Mar 15, 2016 Diablo II: Installers, Stand Alone Patches, and Update Troubleshooting Installers If you already have game keys for the Diablo II games attached to your Battle.net account, 1.14b installers for Mac and PC can be found here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=classic Connecting to Battle.net after installing will patch you to the latest version which is 1.14d. Stand Alone Patches If you already have an older version of the game installed and are having trouble patching, go here for the stand alone patch to 1.14d: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/classic-game-patches Troubleshooting When I try to play on Battle.net the game says someone else is using my key. For this symptom, first try rebooting your PC and checking again. If it still indicates your key is in use, try power cycling your network devices. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/31851 What if I am receiving errors attempting to patch or cannot complete patching? We recommend downloading and reinstalling with the digital installers: https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=classic What if I don't see installers on the page you linked? If you don't have keys for the games attached to your Battle.net account, you will not see them there. Go here to purchase: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/d2/ or use the ADD Game Key button on your Account management page Is there a Mac patch? No, the changes we had to make from legacy OSX to 10.10 and 10.11 support were too great, there is no Mac patch, only the install linked above. I'm having trouble installing the game on my Mac with the latest version of MacOS. With the release of Mac 10.13 (High Sierra). The Diablo II installer currently doesn't work on the latest version of the Mac OS and will freeze or do nothing after you accept the Terms of Use. The workaround we currently recommend is to install it on a non- APFS partition. Alternative workarounds include rolling back the 10.13 update, and installing the game. Then update to the latest version. This is an issue that is being reviewed by our classic games team. *Note - Mac 10.13.4 has resolved the installation issueOmrakos0 Mar 15, 2016
Jun 4 WarCraft III - Failed to Authenticate 6.3 Information Request We're currently investigating the reports for Failed to Authenticate 6.3 error for Warcraft III. If you're currently running into this issue, please provide the following on this thread: Run a Pathping Test using the IP: connect.classic.blizzard.com And an nslookup: 1. Open the Command Prompt as administrator. 2. Type in to the black box: ... These will create files on the C drive, please copy and paste the file content here. If you're having trouble copy and pasting the command prompt, please feel free to provide a screenshot of the pathping or NSLookup. Thank you for your vigilance!Caterpepi14 Jun 4
Feb 4, 2014 Temporary Restrictions [Updated Jun 14, 2019] If you receive the message that you are temporarily restricted or unable to connect, the first step is to attempt to log onto another realm, for instance if you are on USWest (Lordaeron), attempt to log onto USEast (Azeroth). If you cannot access only one realm then you may have a temporary IP restriction. The articles below cover the most common causes of temporary restrictions. Diablo II Temporary Restrictions Warcraft III Temporary Restrictions Restrictions lasting longer than 72 hours usually indicates that you were witnessed by a Battle.net representative doing something against the Terms of Use Agreement, which warranted a lengthy restriction. These restrictions will be for connecting to the realm at all. Unfortunately, you will have to wait it out or obtain a different IP address from which to play. Please note that we will not provide support for changing your IP address. If you are absolutely certain you did not spam, keep in mind that anyone behind your network, or if your ISP shares your IP address (as in more than one persons are given the same IP address), gets restricted from battle.net, you will suffer the penalties along with them. This is the unfortunate disadvantage of using a shared IP address. Also, keep track of siblings and other people with access to your computer and/or network who play on Battle.net, as they can get you restricted as well. It is also possible that your computer may be infected with a virus that has resulted in the restriction. It is important to realize that these restrictions are not exactly a punishment, but rather that they are necessary for server stability. When you spam, it places a much heavier load on the server and ruins the gameplay experience for everybody. For restrictions other than spam - such as using an invalid CD-Key - you are restricted to prevent abuse - such as stealing someone else's CD-Key via brute-force.Omrakos0 Feb 4, 2014
1h Battle.net connection Can't connect to battle net, please try again later? is there maintenance going on, or did i just get banned....m1sterdavid16 1h
34m Suggestion: Stop VPN bans Dear Diablo II team: I know, resources are thin on the ground and making a structural change may not be in the cards. But please, could you stop banning players using VPNs? I get it: When the rule was put in place, a VPN was a rare beast and possibly a red flag pointing to nefarious activities. But things have changed over the years; an increasing number of people use a VPN, sometimes occasionally, sometimes permanently, for a multitude of valid and legal reasons, including basic computer security. I surmise that, by forcing players to disable their VPN to play your game, you are effectively making the whole infrastructure far less secure, on top of putting some of your players at risk. And those temp bans when you forget to turn it off are unforgivingly annoying. Thanks for your attention.OODA3 34m
2h D2 - Stuck on "Checking versions" after accidentally leaving VPN on I accidentally left my VPN on while trying to connect to battle.net yesterday and received an error along the lines of "You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please reconnect". I realized my mistake and switched the VPN off, but I've been stuck on "Checking versions" for the past 24 hours now. A lot of legit players seem to be running into this issue, meanwhile there's bots doing baalruns 24/7...wiK3 2h
2h Can anyone check if my wc3 account got deleted? Hello, as title says, i would like to know if my account got deleted since i cant log in to it anymore. Would be glad to recover since i invested time in it, if there is chance. Account was: ExPeR)TiSe- @Europe Thank you in advance.ExPeRTiSe1 2h
8h Am I Banned from Battlenet? I am unable to connect from Warcraft 3 or Diablo 2 Every time for the last 2 weeks I try to log in and it won't let meoneminutes0 8h
8h Warcraft 3 Hero has no inventory A while back I got a new computer and never got around to reinstalling Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne on it until recently as I felt the urge to play the campaign. Now by the time the update hit I just had the Night Elf Campaign left to beat. So I open the game, see the update, and run the update. At first everything is fine and working normally as I play the first mission on the Eternity's End campaign. However when I began the second mission (Daughters of the Moon) Tyrande suddenly no longer had an inventory. The item I had equipped on her did appear above the three doomguards so the item isn't wasn't lost. I just wasn't able to equip it or any other items as Tyrande was inventory less.XMathewX17 8h
10h Talk glitch/bug 1.14 New text/talk glitch/bug in 1.14 Comes and goes where you suddenly cannot talk. You can use !talk method and private message, just not normal talking. This is getting extremely frustrating.DCclanMaster0 10h
12h [Mac] Game does not start after patch to 1.31.0.12071 Issue: Game does not start with error: "Warcraft III Error Unable to initialize graphics. Please ensure your operating system and display drivers are up to date." Patch 1.31.0.12071 has been recently installed. System params: MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 (17G7024) iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB All the latest updates are installed. Re-install did not help, issue reproduces.InZend74 12h
13h Unable to log in bnet, Unable to open ticket When I log on diablo II to battle.net, it tells me that My cdkey is being used by myself This happened right after the game I was playing on randomly crashed for no reason. this also crashed another player that was in the same game as me, however he can log back in no problem on his side.... I'm afraid this will last for a very long time, I tried rebooting pc, cutting off my modem and/or router. Could you please Manually terminate my connection to useast.battle.net so it would be possible for me to log back in? I tried opening a ticket with all the necessary information but that's the message I get : Something went wrong on our end An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.ktsr2 13h
16h Can't connect to battlenet. Hello. I can't connect to battle.net. I get a message that i should try again in a few minutes. I almost always use expressVPN when I am playing games or surfing the internet. Can that have anything to do with it? I have never had this problem before. Best regards RenektonRenekton2 16h
16h help Hello there.. What happens to my game that can't be connected or stuck in the check version? IP test connection is normal愛睏熊1 16h
16h STUCK ON CHECKING VERIONS CHECKING VERSIONS AGAIN?!? diablo was working fine. literally left for a hotel stay for a couple nights try to connect to wifi, bam temped... get back home it works for 2 GAMES. 2 frigging games and now i am stuck once again waiting on this curse.. At the beginning of ladder no less. PLZ HELPGride1 16h
18h All characters deleted My account exists, but it is an empty shell. No characters are in it. They were there 4 weeks ago when I logged them each back in. I had a warning email before my 90 days were up one week ago. My other accounts exist..and have 3-4 weeks left. I do not play often -- it is very hard to even log in with a MAC, but I fight the expiration issues to keep my account from expiring consistently. The account was opened in 2005-06. Is there anything we can do? US WEST Account: AmberlynnRyegore0 18h
20h CD Key Currently in use by ... me Hi Bnet support, I was disconnected from Diablo II LoD a few hours ago, and when I attempted to reconnect (click Battle.Net), I receive this error message: "Your CD Key is currently being used by: [the name I registered with]". I updated to a 26-character CD-key a couple years ago. I rebooted my computer, my router, my modem, I cleared the Diablo II cache, and I reinstalled the game entirely. Please use whatever means you have to forcibly disconnect my currently active connection. Thank you for continuing to maintain this awesome game!touchbutts5 20h
21h Commercial ISP ridiculousness - respond to me for the 1st time please I assume i got banned for the second time in the last year because i tried to log on one time at work, I work for myself and connect to an ISP that provides mid speed internet for 4 people. Ban lasts days... I have run one single character plus mules every ladder for the last 15 years. One single character. zero downloads, mods trigs hacks, nothing. How in the world can Blizzard not tell who is CLEARLY not a hacker or botter in this situation, and how in the world are we supposed to be able to tell what is a commercial isp and what is not. This is ridiculous. you were disconnected from battle.net. please reconnect With the amount of bots and hacks that freely roam around the servers within minutes of a ladder reset, it is laughable that legit players get banned for days because they log in at work. RespondPebbleCrush0 21h
22h "You Were Disconnected From Battlenet. Please Reconnect" I got this error message last night.. Was Getting lag on my 2.4 G Connection, so I switched over to the 5g, when I tried to log back on, this message keeps on appearing, not sure why. please help IP : 192.168.0.22 Thanks.Vapor1 22h
23h Dota on Macbook Warcraft3 Frozen Throne DOTA. Can someone help me please I just want to play dota on my macbook but I couldn't find the map or any information about ittughantugrul0 23h
23h Diablo II install Key error I just downloaded Diablo II and revved up the installer. I put my name in the box and copy/pasted the Game Key into the appropriate box, and I get a message stating that the key is invalid and I cant move past this screen. Is there any help with this?Gwae12 23h
1d Crystal Ball Bug? https://clips.twitch.tv/WiseInventiveJackalFunRun If this is a bug for sure, please correct it quickly.바른나무1 1d
1d D2 character vanished My Barb just decided to go invisible. I thought maybe somehow he died last time i played but I only use it for storage lol. Login screen hes invisible no death/reaper. Even after relog? Anyone know whats up? I can't join games with him like hes dead. HC obviously but I see him in the bottom but when i join a room hes invisible person and on login hes invisible. I guess I am happy it happened to a mule than my main lol. Very weird either way. image link https://ibb.co/5jmX8z5CodeJerry0 1d
1d Diablo 2 account expiration help. Account expiration. Been sinking many hours into Diablo 2 trying to reach max with my druid, sorc, and eventually a druid. Keep getting emails from Blizzard saying the characters and my account will expire. The individual characters expiration changes the longer i play. but my over all account says it expires in September. Does this mean all 3 of my characters dissapear on that day? Its been years since ive actively played this.GeldTheRazor0 1d
1d Temporary Ban timeframe? So like an idiot I turned my VPN on to torrent while D2 was open now I have a temporary ban. Is there any way to find out for how long I won't be able to log on? Also is it true that trying to log on early will extend the ban?cn0ck50 1d
1d Checking Versions - Cant connect bnet Is there a chance that someone in here could check if my ip is locked out for being able to connect battlenet d2? Have tried since the reset was done.Hoftebrud7 1d
1d Warcraft 3 -Frozen Throne-Patch 1.31.1.12164 - Issues Hello, I have been playing Warcraft 3 for many years. I have also pre-ordered the Reforged edition and looking forward to it. Thank you Blizzard and Warcraft team for this amazing game. I have been experiencing some unusual changes in the game within past few patches and main problem was each time after the patch I couldnt login to battle.net and it was saying my account doesnt exist so I had to create a new one each time. while battle.net seems to be unreliable with each new patch, I decided to play vs computer. The other thing I noticed is when playing vs computer, the computer heros are not using their magical powers. I played replays of past few games and computer heros they get levels and the small number shows up near their icons and increases as their level goes up but somehow none of the abilities and spell are selected and therefore computer player is not using any of the hero abilities. Please take a look into it. I hope others can also check and say if they are experiencing similar issue. Thanks, KazaxaKaZaXa0 1d
1d Diablo 2 You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please Reconnect. Diablo 2 You were disconnected from Battle.net. Please Reconnect. I haven't played in a few months, tried logging into Battle.net to play today and it gave me the error that I was disconnected from Battle.net. But I haven't played in months... how could this happen? Can you help resolve this?ALee3 1d
1d D2 immediate disconnect, or not responding error It appears perhaps my keys have been used before, I purchased them directly from battle.net, however I have been unable to log onto battle.net. I keep getting D2 servers not responding, or disconnected immediately upon logging in, this has been over the course of 2 weeks. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled with no success.PorkuPickle0 1d
1d Unable to access Hell difficulty after Baal kill Cannot access hell difficulty after Nm Baal kill Account: Cynndr Character: Cynndràsh2 1d
1d Diablo 2 installer Diablo 2 installer not working right.... my brother bought it as a gift and i installed the installer and all that..... but when it installs it says play game instead of install game then when i click that it asks for the disc.... now i deleted it to try again and im not sure if i can get my cd keyshodgywarrior1 1d
1d [D2, Asia realm] Current Problems Hi, Classic Team There're several problems occurring in entire Asia server (Ladder server & Standard server). The problems are following below; #1. Ping is unstably fluctuating right now which had already happened last time. The in-game ping rate is roughly 200(up to 300). Because of this issue, It is impossible for users to focus on "Delicate Controlling" such as moving character or using character's own specific skills like Sorceress teleport. Furthermore, because of the ping fluctuation, especially the hardcore users are having difficulties with controlling. For another example, Barbarian whilwind sound is exactly the same as LOD. As The ping dominates all the playing condition, this thing has to be resolved and the server should be rolled back to the "previous condition". The current fluctuation of the ping MUST be normalized and stable as it were. #2. Ip address of in-game is fixed to 150 which had already happened last time. A group of users stick together as utilizing in-game server ip for the uber diablo. A lot of users prefer various in-game server Ips to one fixed ip. This issue I wrote in order above is not just a normal issue but the critical problem for the users. I believe that you guys don't consider this problem as just a tiny little problem. If there's any notification or further comments you guys want to leave, feedbacks would be most welcome and we appreciate that. Thank you, CF. Please refer to other user's reporting as having the exact same problems. You can look into that as well. The link is posted below; https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771167240?page=28#post-558AMURoREI204 1d
2d WC3 - Dropping from Games Hi, For some reason, I am occasionally dropping from games but am returning to chat and not disconnecting from bnet (yes, I checked to make sure that I was still connected by using different commands/ functions). Do you know what the cause of this is? This is something that has started happening more regularly over the last 2 patches - there has also been an increase in mass drops where 2-3 people would drop as well. Historically, if I disconnected/ was dropped from a game, I would end up having to log back into bnet.NewbieFTW0 2d
2d why am i getting banned for this cant connect to b.net i think i have been banned for "botting" running pindleskin over and over NOT BOTTING and i get a ban. even though there are countless bots acutally running 24/7 and not only botting but spamming messages for real money trading for d2 items and i am the one who gets banned..... whySuperNinja3 2d
2d Can't install Diablo 2 I redeemed my old cd-keys from D2 and LOD. I went to this webpage https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/download?show=classic to download the game. After downloading the installer I started the .exe file. First I got a windows error message that told me the app wasn't recognised and could be dangerous to run. But its from a Blizzard website so I trusted it and ran it anyway. The program opened but after a second I got an error message. line: 145 Char: 1 Error: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘keys’ Code: 0 URL: https://www.blizzard.com/jajp/store/downloaders/panes/d2.htm If I chose to continue I got the ability to select a folder but that just resulted in getting a message that the folder isn't a valid one. The strange thing as well is that the image on the installer program had japanese text on it. But I downloaded the english (US) downloader. On the forum I see people having other troubles besides installing so I figure its perfectly possible to install D2. My question now is, what are my options? Do I have to install the game with my old CD and then update it (which is a stupid way to do it in these days of digital download) or do you guys know of this error and have a solution?WULFNSTEIN0 2d
2d Temp ban length Is there anyway to find out how long a temp ban will last? I am not getting a queue position it just says I checking versions. I joined bnet swapping characters too fast I again I guessaaron110 2d
2d Cant connect to battle.n.et Can't connect to battle net, please try again later? is there maintenance going on, or whats going on?Nker1 2d
2d VPN use and temp restrictions VPN use? why can we not use them on diablo 2 without getting a temp restriction? tried to play from work this morning downloaded the game using a vpn and installed diablo 2 and diablo 2 lod go to play and get instantly screwed, why are there such harsh actions for just trying to play the god damm game...iMpreza1 2d
2d Temp ban for no reason D2 LoD (Can't connect) Dear Blizzard Can u please stop banning actual players of Diablo 2 LoD, and ban bots instead? it is clear that bots are easily avoiding ur bans by staying in games long, and waiting before creating a new one. Instead u ban players who try to keep up with the bots. U are killing ur own game, i have been banned for over 12 hours now, and i haven't broken any of ur stupid rules, which don't even appear inside the game. How am i supposed to know how many games i have created and how close i am to a ban, when i just try to enjoy the game.Dongh0ved0 2d
2d Failed to join game (D2) I recently (as in today) started playing D2 again while I wait for Classic Wow to be released. So I recreated my account and made a Jabazon for my first character. I was playing that character in the same game I started in up to level 12, when I was fighting in "The Hole level 1" I received the error message "Your connection was interrupted" or something like that, and since then every time I try to create or join a game with that character I get the message "Failed to join game". Now If I get that message when creating a game, if I try to join the game it tells me that game does not exist, but if I try to create a game with the same name again, it says a game with that name already exists. So I created another character and it can create games just fine. Any idea as to what happened, and how I can fix it?OddBall3 2d
2d Warcraft 3: Temporarily restricted from the server. I have been unable to log into battlenet for several days now because i receive a "You have been temporarily restricted from the server. Please try again later. (3.46)" error. Every fix i have attempted has failed, and i don't know why blizzard would see fit to restrict me from battlenet. I have tried: Resetting my modem and obtaining a new IP address. Reinstalling wc3 several times, both using my old CD keys, and my reforged prepurchase. Logging in from different gateways (U.S. West and U.S. East) Flushing my DNS.Sdogofdoom0 2d
2d Error code: BLZBNTBNA000007D0 Yesterday in the middle of the OWL broadcast I was logged out and could not get back in. Error code: BLZBNTBNA000007D0 I was using battlement, and also tried using overwatchleague.com and got the same error. I have no issues logging in and playing, just can't collect rewards?philosocrate1 2d
3d WC3 custom maps not showing up in game. I'm trying to play some old Warcraft 3 custom maps but none of the ones I download from websites are showing up in game. I downloaded them to the exact same folder as the maps that I downloaded in game but only the maps that were downloaded in game show up. Here is the weird thing. To get online I have to play the game through the launcher. If I run the Frozen Throne application and go online it prompts me to download a new version and restart then crashes to desktop and tells me WC3 is already running. But if I goto single player game from this the custom maps DO SHOW UP. So to put it simply.... Playing game through launcher = can go online but browser downloaded maps not showing up. Playing game through application = can't go online but all custom maps show up.keell0 3d
3d Diablo 2 takes awhile to go full screen Just got a new computer. Not a huge issue but when D2 initially loads or I have it minimized and try to re-open it, it takes my computer like 10 seconds before it goes full screen. No issue with window mode, just full screen. Never had this problem with any other computer. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this delay?Deathknight5 3d
3d D2/LOD server games disappear with no warning New ladder/USWest. Char plays in game for 8-10 minutes. Leave game and bring in different char (not two at same time). Game disappears after a few seconds in game with second char. Bnet says YCHBI. Try to rejoin game--game does not exist. This *is* a Bnet server failure and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. This NEGATIVELY IMPACTS GAME PLAY and gives a bad reputation to Blizzard and Activision.jerryab2 3d
4d Diablo 2 US EAST Ladder Char missing I was just doin mf runs in hell went to go to another game and I got this please wait box. it stayed on my screen for 30 minutes. server down and now I log back into my account and my character is gone. please help.Etherealsoul2 4d