API Discussion

Oct 8 Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal Quick Start Guide Whether you're a new developer or one migrating from our old API portal, the following steps will help you get up and running with minimal fuss. Check out the What's changed? section for important details on how the new Developer Portal handles requests and authorization. Quick Start Follow the steps below to begin making API requests. 1. Log in to the Developer Portal or create a Blizzard Account. 2. Create a client on the API Access page. 3. Get your client ID and client secret. Note: Clients may require up to 10 minutes before they can make requests after creation. 4. Make a request. In this example, an application is making a GET /tokenindex request to get the price of a WoW Token. 5. Construct a request URI. Blizzard URI paths follow a standard syntax using this format: {region}.api.blizzard.com/{API path} The URI for this request is: https://us.api.blizzard.com/data/wow/token/?namespace=dynamic-us 6. Get your access token via the OAuth client credentials flow: curl -u {client_id}:{client_secret} -d grant_type=client_credentials url="https://us.battle.net/oauth/token 7. Finally, make your GET /tokenindex request using that access token: curl -H "Authorization: Bearer {access_token}" url="https://us.api.blizzard.com/data/wow/token/?namespace=dynamic-us What's changed? We've made the following changes in creating the new developer portal. Host names have changed Requests to the old API portal used {region}.api.battle.net. The new developer portal uses {region}.api.blizzard.com. Blizzard APIs now use Access tokens We no longer use API keys; instead, requests use access tokens acquired via either the OAuth client credentials flow or authorization code flow. Expiration time Access tokens expire after 24 hours. What kind of access token do I need? The client credentials flow is used for almost all Blizzard API requests. The authorization code flow currently provides access tokens for the following requests: GET /oauth/userinfo GET /wow/user/charactersWhere do I submit an access token? Access tokens submitted as a query parameter follow this format: https://<request URI>/?access_token={token} Access tokens submitted in cURL requests follow this format: curl --header "Authorization: Bearer <access_token>" <REST API URL> Crambone0 Oct 8
Oct 5 Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal FAQ Why is Blizzard switching to a new developer portal? From a practical standpoint, launching the Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal brings efficiency to our developer platform, such as converting to Blizzard single-sign on, managing API clients better, and using our existing account security. Our strategy is to build on our developer platform. Our new portal is a native platform that’s setting the foundation for working with you to introduce new ways to create amazing content for our players. Why is Blizzard requiring that my application use OAuth (and not just API key)? OAuth is the industry standard for sensitive data and among the best solutions currently available for external applications. The decision to make OAuth our primary authentication method with our new system was made after much consideration. That said, we are always open to discussion and even changing course for the right reasons. Please share your feedback on this forum. When is the transition to the Blizzard Developer Portal taking place? We’re already asking developers to transition over to the Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal. The old portal will no longer be available after January 6, 2019. What happens if I don’t move my account over to the Blizzard Developer Portal? If you use Blizzard APIs and don’t transition over to our new developer portal by January 6, 2019, you will no longer be able to authenticate and receive game data from any Blizzard games. Will this affect guild sites and other sites that allow users to log in using their Blizzard Battle.net account? Whether this affects guild and community sites depends on the way the site administrators implemented the ability for users to log in using Blizzard Battle.net credentials. We encourage you to please contact the owner or administrator of the site you’re using and direct them to this post. Is this a platform to develop games for Battle.net; what exactly is the Blizzard Developer Portal? We do not currently support independent game development for Blizzard Battle.net. The Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal is a single place for our community of app developers to gain access to Blizzard player data and learn about APIs for fan sites or tools for World of Warcraft®, StarCraft II®, and Diablo III®. What is GDPR? The General Protection Data Regulation (GDPR) went into effect on May 25, 2018. If you are not familiar with GDPR and its impact, we recommend contacting your legal department, consult with your Data Protection Officer, or reference the following sites for more information: https://eugdpr.org/ http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm What if my question isn’t answered here? Please go to our Blizzard Battle.net Developer API discussion forum https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/15051532/ for more information.Alerikon0 Oct 5
Oct 1 Announcing our new Developer Portal! Greetings Developers! The Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal is a native Blizzard API service. On our portal, you can find updated documentation and register for access using a Blizzard Account. We see the portal as the next chapter in our support of community developers, starting a journey where we discover and introduce new ways to create amazing content for our players. With the launch of our portal, you'll see both familiar and new members of our team engaging on the forum. Feel free to say hi and introduce yourself! We're here to help and answer any questions you may have. Cheers!Alerikon1 Oct 1
6d [Showcase] Post your app! No result about to find a "showcase post" investigation on this forum, so I decided to create this thread. (Maybe i missed the post, hope no). First at all, this forum is dedicated to help users of the Battle.net API to perform and fix their projects for Blizzard games communities. I'm really interested to see what you guys created with the Battle.net API (Guilds feeds, Roster management, etc). Template to use: Name: App name URL: App URL or Download link Platform: Web/Mobile/etc Code: Language used (Java, PHP, etc) Functions: The main purpose of your app UPDATE: My project is no more, so I have nothing to share with you guys: <Gym98 6d
Dec 17 Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal Updates Greetings Developers! We hope you're enjoying the Blizzard Battle.net Developer Portal. To better serve the needs of our community, we're working to continuously improve the portal. So what's changed? • The portal now supports all WoW APIs. • Try It feature is now available. • SC2 APIs are coming soon, oops, pardon our slip! We'll continue to post updates as information comes in, so check back!Alerikon5 Dec 17
Dec 7 Blizzard API Keys and Google Spreadsheet Functionality Greetings Developers! Friendly Reminder The Mashery portal will be disabled on January 6th, 2019. At that time, clients will only be able to access our APIs through the Developer Portal. To better serve the needs of our community, please remember that the use of our API keys to create auto-updating spreadsheets will not function through the Developer Portal without changes to support OAuth. In the future, we may be exploring other options. For additional information, please refer to this post!Veltarii0 Dec 7
Nov 27 Simple Mashery Migration Guide I found Blizzard's documentation difficult to understand regarding what's changing in this migration away from Mashery. I put together this document as a reference for current API users in case they needed to see it another way, as I did. https://gist.github.com/erorus/6c08227921ff99d93295fa9f91c7fd70erorus3 Nov 27
Nov 19 Community Created Libraries & Resources (updated 2017/03/13) A number of our the developers in our community have put together resources, libraries, and other tools that you may find helpful when developing against the Battle.net APIs. API Forums erorus's RSS blue trackers for the API Discussion and Bug Report forums (post) API Tools By Language PHP Ulminia's OAuth library (post, GitHub) DaPimpShied's Sample API Calls (post) jyggen's Battle.net API lib for PHP 5.4+ (post, GitHub) Acoon's WoW Battle.net Armory API (SourceForge) KwarK's Battle.net API library (GitHub) msuBREAKER's Composer package for the Diablo III API (post, GitHub) AJH's PHPBB extension (post, GitHub) Logans' Blizzard API PHP client (post, GitHub, Packagist) Fireblade's PHP API Reader (post, GitHub) Xklusive's Battle.net API package for Laravel 5 (post, Packagist GitHub) Python Shadow's Django OAuth2 lib (post, GitHub) lockwooddev's Python World of Warcraft Community API Wrapper (Bitbucket) Dorwido's World of Warcraft API module (GitHub) Lazerhawk05's Python wrapper for the SC2 API (post, GitHub) Scala Borak's API Client lib (post, GitHub) HntD's D3 Leaderboard (maybe all-Battle.net) API library (post, GitHub) Java Raffy's WarKit lib - for all your WoW data needs (post 1, post 2, GitHub) Dementhius' OAuth 2.0 library for Android (post, GitHub) Arjun's WoW Community API library (post, GitHub) Puntr's Java wrapper for WoW APIs, wow4j (GitHub) JavaScript Billi's guide for using passport-bnet with multiple regions (post) Gewd's AngualrJS wrapper (post, GitHub) skt's Battle.net API wrapper (GitHub, npm, post) uskimptoc's World of Warcraft API wrapper (GitHub) Crowz's auth package for Meteor JS (GitHub, Atmosphere) C# / .Net KetaSwe's contributed a Battle.net module to OwinOAuthProviders (GitHub) Tok's Diablo III API Wrapper (GitHub) bpfz's strongly-typed C# library for Diablo 3 (GitHub) Hellparsley's strongly typed wrapper for the Diablo III API (site) TiaqoY0's (self-proclaimed) super awesome library (post, GitHub) roncli's strongly typed LibWowAPI (GitHub) NOT MAINTAINED Ruby Frey's Ruby wrapper for Battle.net APIs (GitHub, RubyGems) Milhouse's Ruby wrapper for Battle.net APIs (post, GitHub, RubyGems) Game-specific Resources Hearthstone vamp's hearthstoneapi.com provides a public API (post, site) World of Warcraft Eleadon's spreadsheets for pets, items, realms, spells, and more (post, GitHub) erorus's Random Enchant Suffix List (post, GitHub) erorus's shared info about Battle Pet BreedIDs (post) erorus's table of PvP ladder specs IDs to class and spec name (post) Ulminia's quick guide to exporting WoW icons (post) Ulminia's dump of spell/item icons and talent BGs for 6.0.3 (post) Talonos created a dump of all Battle Pets (post, PasteBin) Ulminia's JSON dictionary to convert enchant IDs to en_US strings (post, Gist) Gluttony's SQL table that maps enchant effectid, spellid, and itemid to slot and name (post, Gist) AresBale's list of item stats (post) MightyOrh's Item Dump (JSON & CSV) (post, DropBox) thedeadwalkk's Item Dump (TXT, SQLite 3) (post, BitBucket) erorus's 6.2 item bonus list dump (Gist, post) dos's SQL table maps enchantIds to descriptions (post, Gist) erorus' map of artifact traits and ranks to spell IDs (post, Gist) vamp's guide for tracking Mythic+ Dungeons (post) erorus' Uncommon Tooltips (post, Github) Game-specific Examples World of Warcraft Kamenitxan's forum signature generator (GitHub) Kamenitxan's HTML guild roster generator (GitHub) AresBale put together a PHP class to help get started with the WoW API (post) Vilepickle created a guild progress widget in PHP (post, GitHub) Throkwa's WordPress plugin for fetching character and Guild data (post, WordPress) Aurifex91 Nov 19
Oct 12 GET /account/user has migrated to GET /oauth/userinfo Greetings, Developers! In the course of migrating to the new Developer Portal, the GET /account/user endpoint has migrated to GET /oauth/userinfo. Note that, currently, all OAuth endpoints require the OAuth authorization code flow. This includes the following endpoints: • GET /oauth/userinfo: this endpoint uses {region}.battle.net as the host for requests. • GET /wow/user/characters: this endpoint uses {region}.api.blizzard.com as the host for requests.Crambone0 Oct 12
Oct 3 Unofficial Blizzard API Discord In an effort to improve the community of 3rd party developers working with the battle.net APIs and provide a platform for more real-time discussion, I've created a Discord server. My hope is that this Discord is used for sharing our experiences with the battle.net APIs, supporting each other in building awesome things using the APIs, and generally discussing related technologies. Invite link: https://discord.gg/CVxtmes This server is not official, nor is it controlled or endorsed by Blizzard. Anybody is welcome to join though!Sapu17 Oct 3
14h [OAuth API] Token Validation is not correctly described in documentation Hello, Token Validation section (https://develop.battle.net/documentation/api-reference/oauth-api) has not correct description. 1. The header call with `Authorization: Bearer %access-token%` is not working. curl request: curl -X GET https://eu.battle.net/oauth/check_token -H 'Authorization: Bearer %access-token%' response: code: 400 response: html page with `HTTP Status 400 - Required String parameter 'token' is not present` message 2. The param call with `access_token` query parameter is not working as well. curl request (link is changed a bit, since `Blizzard` says `Your post contains invalid or restricted HTML code.`): curl -X GET https://eu.battle.net/oauth/check_token? access_token=%access_token% response: code: 400 response: html page with `HTTP Status 400 - Required String parameter 'token' is not present` message BUT if rename `access_token` to `token` all working as expected curl request (link is changed a bit, since `Blizzard` says `Your post contains invalid or restricted HTML code.`): curl -X GET https://eu.battle.net/oauth/check_token? token=%access_token% response: code: 200 response: { "scope": [], "exp": 1548330846, "authorities": [ { "authority": "ROLE_CLIENT" } ], "client_id": "76be134e429b45129ca2213de33c007e" } Thank you.Logans1 14h
23h OAuth character endpoint returns erroneous guild data Hi there, I just realised that the "/wow/user/characters" endpoint of the Community OAuth Profile API (EU) returns wrong guild data in some cases. More specifically, I have a couple of characters for which the payload contains a guild name, although those characters left their guild several months ago. The guild is the last one they were in, but it should have updated and be empty now. Would it be possible to update this field so it returns the character's current guild or null? Thanks for your help!Keden4 23h
2d How to convert 'bid' value to gold and what does 'auc' mean? I am a newbie. Here is auction snapshot: http://auction-api-eu.worldofwarcraft.com/auction-data/8e9b4312d03d292346f6beea19c6c2a2/auctions.json Let's take this line: {"auc":1301815458,"item":160711,"owner":"Woofer","ownerRealm":"Azuremyst","bid":5996875,"buyout":6000000,"quantity":37,"timeLeft":"VERY_LONG","rand":0,"seed":0,"context":0}, Questions: 1. What does 'auc' mean? Is it unique id of the deal or maybe some timestamp? 2. How to convert "bid":5996875 (I suppose this number means amount of copper) to a gold. I am currently sitting in the game and watching on this item at the auction house and it's bid price = 16g 20s 77c. And I am confused, because 16g 20s 77c not equal to 5996875c 3. Regarding "timeLeft":"VERY_LONG". As I understand VERY_LONG = 48h, MEDIUM=24h, LONG=12h, is that correct? P.S: if there is a documentation that answers my questions you can just post a link, but I haven't found anything so decided to ask here. Thanks in advance!iJSmile2 2d
2d All WoW Item IDs On Github Hello fellow developers. I have been working on a project for a while and now I need Item IDs. I could not find any complete list so I created one. If you want to use it you can find it as .txt file on GitHub. https://github.com/yavuzselim8/WoWAllItems If you find any missing IDs feel free to add.Xendread1 2d
4d PHP can't get characters back - Insufficient scope for this resource Hi, I am trying to return the character list from eu.api.blizzard.com/wow/user/characters while passing the access token first obtained via a curl post, I also have the client token, again obtained via curl post. During the client token post I am requesting both account.public and wow.profile in the scope but I cannot seem to get the characters back when using file get contents. As getting the characters requires a GET request, same as getting back /oauth/userinfo/ does I assumed file_get_contents would work, the same way it does for the userinfo request. Although I seem to be getting insufficient scope for the request. Anyone have any ideas? The rest of the authentication has been a breeze but this has me stumped. I can't work out for the life of me what this issue could be... This is the array im posting for client credentals.. $fields = array( 'code' => $code, 'scope' => 'account.public', 'redirect_uri' => $redirectUri, 'grant_type' => 'client_credentials', ); $clientToken = getClientToken($fields, $url, $clientId, $clientSecret); This is the array im posting to get the access token $code = $_GET['code']; $grantType = 'authorization_code'; $url = 'https://'eu.battle.net/oauth/token'; $fields = array( 'code' => $code, 'grant_type' => $grantType, 'redirect_uri' => $redirectUri, 'client_id' => $clientId, 'scope' => 'wow.profile' ); $accessToken = getAccessToken($fields, $url, $clientId, $clientSecret); I am defining the scope above to get the wow.profile but it still wont let he have access once the call has been made.Injure2 4d
5d invalid_client - Bad client credentials For some reason I am getting this error: error="invalid_client", error_description="Bad client credentials" I thought it was a problem on my end but it wont even work on https://dev.battle.net/io-docs on 'Account API - US' using the example form.vamp20 5d
5d Why do WoW forums require active subscription? You can post on any other Blizzard game forum for free. Hearthstone, StarCraft... Some games require you to purchase them. Fair enough. But I purchased WoW. I purchased multiple expansions, and quite a few years worth of subsription. Yet, if the current state of the game made me unsubscribe, I can't even share feedbacks on why since I'm prevented from voicing my opinion on the official forums. The other Blizzard games aren't locked behind such restrictions, so why should the WoW forums ? This is a game I still deeply care about, and I follow its evolution to maybe come back to it someday, and I would really like to participate on certain threads that I see there.Гуди1 5d
5d PHP - cURL necessary? Hi, I played around with the old api for a while and got to work with it quite good. Now I try to understand the new API and the Oauth-Integration. If I understand that correctly there is a token I need to get to access data from the API. This Tokens come for Clients („Website-Users“) and Applications („Website“). Is that correct? So I looked into some example-Code and it seems like I need to make a HTTP-Request with my Key and Secret and then I get a token in return which I then can use to access data from the api. So all the example-code uses cURL. I never used cURL and PHP is able to make HTTP-Requests without cURL, but I don’t understand how that Request would look like. Somebody has some PHP-Example-Code he could provide? Thank you in advance.Bahamut5 5d
5d Can I access calendar data? Hi, I'd like to be able to progamatically get access to the guild calendar events, and wondered if this was possible or not? Would the new OAUTH allow that? I want to see who is signed up for guild raids.Whisperer84 5d
5d 403 : insufficient_scope Hello there, I try to get wow characters data from battlenet account. Using this url : https://eu.api.blizzard.com/wow/user/characters?access_token=<userToken> It works! Except for one account. I get this response : <oauth> <error_description>Insufficient scope for this resource</error_description> <error>insufficient_scope</error> </oauth> I tried with a scope param (wow.profile) but same problem... https://eu.api.blizzard.com/wow/user/characters?access_token=<userToken>&scope=wow.profile I'm looking for on web but I didn't find the problem's response... :( Do you have any idea? Thank you very much! HirokumiHirokumi2 5d
5d Reagents/World Quest Sources? Are there any API endpoints available for getting Crafted Item reagents, or a list of active World Quests? WowHead, for example, has a section showing all the active world quests. How are they getting this data? The same question for crafted item reagents - if I want to find out what makes item ID 164682, is there a list of corresponding item IDs and quantities that link to this, or is this something I'd have to manually populate and maintain? There's the recipe endpoint that shows certain items come from an action, but not the corresponding inputs. Recipe ID 251832, for example, only shows that it's a blacksmith entry, but not what it needs for input to create the item: { "id": 283248, "name": "Sinister Combatant's Plate Gauntlets", "profession": "Blacksmithing", "icon": "inv_plate_glove_warfrontshorde_b_01" }Puscifer2 5d
6d [Solved] Issue with getting russian char data by API (WoW) Hi all! Get some strange bug with russian names and realms. I get this response for all russian chars that I try (10+) {"status":"nok", "reason": "Character not found."}, and all is ok with EU chars. Also if I open a direct link in browser - I can get a data for russian character. How I gan get a data in my code? $charName = 'Морана'; $realmName = 'Howling%20Fjord'; $charName = 'Palladus'; $realmName = 'Sylvanas'; $url = "https://eu.api.blizzard.com/wow/character/$realmName/$charName?locale=en_US"; $authorization = "Authorization: Bearer ".$token; $curl = curl_init(); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/json' , $authorization )); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); $result = curl_exec($curl); print_r($result); //Russian - {"status":"nok", "reason": "Character not found."} curl_close($curl); echo "</br><a href = '$url&access_token=$token'>link</a>"; //link is work wellKsanshie2 6d
Jan 17 WoW Token Price not updated for NA Hello, WoW Token Price has not been updated for NA region in more than 5 days. The API is responding fine, is just the value that is outdated. All the other regions seem to be working properly. { "_links": { "self": { "href": "https://us.api.blizzard.com/data/wow/token/?namespace=dynamic-us" } }, "last_updated_timestamp": 1547243431000, "price": 1199590000 } mt40 Jan 17
Jan 16 Is it no longer possible to get D3 profile data without authorizing? I don't understand why we need authorization to access data that is already publicly available. Do I have to force users to log in via battle.net just to use my website, or how is the workflow supposed to work?Riv2 Jan 16
Jan 16 Match WoW Char with User Is it possible to make sure that a character is owned by user x when he is using my web portal? If the user selects a WoW char from the armory i don´t know if hes really the one that the selected character belongs to. Is there a possibility to make a mapping or to retrieve all characters from a user?Zottelino3 Jan 16
Jan 16 Diablo III - Add achievements to API It would be nice to get achievements exposed on the API before D3 development is completely sunsetted. Is there any realistic chance of this happening?MrRammer1 Jan 16
Jan 15 Request - /wow/mount - creatureId When using the WoW Mount endpoint, the object key "creatureId" sometimes matches the render URL. Some mounts match and some do not. I would like to request that either the Render URL is added to the endpoint and/or the creatureId in the endpoint references the render properly, and/or the Dev Console command, "exportInterfaceFiles art" or a new Dev Console command can get these renders. Examples: Non-Matching CreatureID to Render Link { "name": "Albino Drake", "spellId": 60025, "creatureId": 32158, "itemId": 44178, "qualityId": 4, "icon": "ability_mount_drake_blue", "isGround": true, "isFlying": true, "isAquatic": false, "isJumping": false }, Render: https://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/npcs/zoom/creature-display-25836.jpg Sort-of Matching CreatureID to Render Link CreatureID is a negative number... { "name": "Acid Belcher", "spellId": 253662, "creatureId": -79593, "itemId": 152904, "qualityId": 4, "icon": "inv_argusfelstalkermountgrey", "isGround": true, "isFlying": false, "isAquatic": true, "isJumping": true }, Render: https://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/npcs/zoom/creature-display-79593.jpg If the creatureId was the same across the whole scheme, we could make the render link ourselves but just having it in the API would be fantastic!Kryo6 Jan 15
Jan 14 US PvP Ladder hasn't been updated in 3 days Please could this be resolved? EU is working fine, US is not for any bracketRey0 Jan 14
Jan 13 Forbidden in GET oauth/userinfo keep getting the 403 Forbidden when trying to retrieve user data sending a GET method via PHP with headers set URL : https://eu.battle.net/oauth/userinfo HEADERS : Authorization: Bearer <access_token> I been using the system using the "access_token" parameter, but I had removed since it says the "method" is no longer supported/changedMortalys3 Jan 13
Jan 12 [SOLVED] 404 returned for new Account API I'm in the process of migrating my apps to the new endpoints/APIs. Everything is going fine so far, except the OAuth Account API (endpoint /account/user which is documented in the Community API reference https://develop.battle.net/documentation/api-reference/community-oauth-profile-api but for some reason is not mentioned/listed in the OAuth guide https://develop.battle.net/documentation/guides/using-oauth/authorization-code-flow). I have no problem getting a token, however, when I try to access the Account API (to get the user's battle tag), I get a HTTP response of 404. This worked fine using the old API endpoints, and from what I've read in the migration guide and the other docs for the new API, I believe that all I needed to do was update my endpoints and generate new client ids/secrets for my apps. Here is the old and new HTTP requests that I am making: Old endpoint (still works, using old client id/secret): HTTP GET https://us.api.battle.net/account/user?access_token=<token> New endpoint (returns HTTP 404): HTTP GET https://us.api.blizzard.com/account/user?access_token=<token> Dawg65 Jan 12
Jan 12 Trouble logging in by BNet on 3rd party sites I cannot seem to get logged in with BNet login to any third party sites. Is there something wrong with the OAUTH2 API or was a change made that blocks 3rd party sites from using BNet logins now? Here's some example community sites with the login issue: https://www.overbuff.com/ https://masteroverwatch.com/ https://www.ugcleague.com/bn I filed a support ticket and they suggested posting here for more help! Thanks!snowblind1 Jan 12
Jan 11 Invalid Certificate? My greetings. I'm running a simple Google-Sheet to track my guilds itemlevel and azeritelevel. At some point today it stopped working. I'm using UrlFetchApp.fetch(...) to get the information from https://eu.api.battle.net/. Now it throws an Exception: SSL Error. Manually visiting the page I get: Your connection to this site is not secure. Looks like the certificate expired? So there is nothing I can do but wait until Blizzard fixes their stuff? Regards, EluElu2 Jan 11
Jan 11 2 minutes lag when trying to use file_get_contents Hello! Could anyone tell me what should I do to get rid of near 2 minutes lag when using PHP file_get_contents? My code looks like this: <?php $response = file_get_contents('https://eu.api.blizzard.com/wow/auction/data/outland?locale=en_US&access_token=mysecrettoken); $responseObject = json_decode($response, true); $a=json_decode($response,true); echo $responseObject['files'][0]['url']; php?> When I was getting file from api.battle.net before, I had no problems. Now, when I get it from api.blizzard.com and try to use json_decode it take so long. To long.ŚpiącyPazur2 Jan 11
Jan 11 SC2 Total career game count Hey, on sc2 profile endpoint is some problem with total career game count. In game i can see value 9604 but api returns value 8976. Can someone check this please? The difference is really huge. Thanks BoockieBoockie1 Jan 11
Jan 11 Link between character talent data and playable specialization I noticed the spec data returned by the wow character endpoint using the talents field doesn't have an ID field. Is this intentional ? Are those specs not related to data returned by the playable specializations endpoint ? Right now I'm using the spec ID and spec icon as a workaround to link them, but I wanna be sure they are in fact related. Also, why some talent tier entries have a spec in addition to the spell ? I thought it was because you could mix some talents, like the druid affinity talents, but those talents don't have a spec field.Schiller1 Jan 11
Jan 10 Use API to retrieve a player's WoW information and stats by using their Battle.net ID I would like to use a player's Battle.net ID (which I'm told is a string that looks like letters#numbers, ex. Palemoon#4567) to retrieve their information with the API and post it on an external site. Is this possible? I would like to not require them to log in with their Blizzard credentials every time this information needs to be updated. I can't find anything in the docs that explicitly says that this is possible, but it seems like the very first thing folks would want to use the API for. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!Joshua2 Jan 10
Jan 9 No compression on new Blizzard.com API's I'm not seeing any compression on the new API's, previously I would always see the encoding headers, now they are missing. For example a call to https://us.api.battle.net/wow/leaderboard/2v2?locale=en_US&apikey= is a response of 134KB with Content-Encoding: gzip While a call to https://us.api.blizzard.com/wow/leaderboard/2v2?locale=en_US&access_token= is a response of 1.8MB with no Content-Encoding header.RIDDICK8 Jan 9
Jan 9 Internal Server Error on battle.net/oauth/authorize Hi, I have an internal server error from the blizzard page https://eu.battle.net/oauth/authorize Erreur d’analyse XML : erreur de syntaxe Emplacement : https://eu.battle.net/oauth/authorize?client_id=8daeeaba4d1b4246bde81cf721215d55&scope=wow.profile&state=1370ce6156f74d0b673f9af4683b320b&redirect_uri=https://cercle.marecage-de-zangar.teamside.localhost/auth/bnet/callback&response_type=code Numéro de ligne 1, Colonne 1 : Internal Server Error ^ Any idea ? ps: it's a development project, also, my credential will be changed for production.Stigz4 Jan 9
Jan 7 Blizzard API Go Client Library Hello Everyone (specifically Gophers!), I've been busy moving over my Blizzard API Golang client library to the new developer portal (https://github.com/FuzzyStatic/blizzard) and I would appreciate any feedback, help, or suggestions! I still have some work to do! I want it to be easy to use so let me know what you guys think. -FuzzyStaticFuzzyStatic4 Jan 7
Jan 6 401 Unauthorized When i try to get data for a diablo3 account with the community api, i get this : 401 Unauthorized. Why is that ? I created my client yesterday. Request url is : https://eu.api.blizzard.com/d3/profile/madmartigan#2545/?locale=en_US&access_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where xxxxxx.... is my access token. For the {account}, we must write this , right ? -> i.e : madmartigan#2545Madmartigan2 Jan 6
Jan 6 Missing the Overwatch API Please add Overwatch to the API list, maybe also StarCraft Remastered :) I would like to see some statistics based on the played games, could be the ones shown when you hit tab in the game. E.g. how much did you heal, blocking damage, or medals. It may only be for the last week or month, it would just be nice to have access some information. Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, World of Warcraft, has API endpoints, why not Overwatch? ThanksLogifire2 Jan 6
Jan 6 X-Plan headers missing? In the new Blizzard API, these headers are missing that were in the Mashery API. X-Plan-Qps-Allotted X-Plan-Qps-Current X-Plan-Quota-Allotted X-Plan-Quota-Current Is there a plan to add them?ihsw0 Jan 6
Jan 6 Blizzard Shop Product API? Hello, I would like to know if it is currently possible (or in future possible) to get information regarding a store product and retrieve all it's prices and discounts via JSON or XML for the Blizzard Shop as I am making a price comparison site and would like to fetch the price of each game on the Blizzard Shop every few hours. Please let me know if this is possible, thank you!WulfGamesYT2 Jan 6
Jan 5 Playable Race API doesn't list Pandaren as old API did When I list user characters using /wow/user/characters -endpoint, I may get character like this { .... "race": 25 .... } However, when I fetch race list using /data/wow/race/index and /data/wow/race/{id} there is only ID = 24, name = Pandaren Old API returned all Pandaren IDs (Alliance, Horde, neutral) but this new one only returns which was neutral in old API. Is this bug or do I really need to hard-code these special Pandaren race IDs to my program? I think either character listing should return race = 24 OR race index should know these other race IDs.Kehet0 Jan 5
Jan 5 D3 Hero Stats missing fields Hello lads, I have been rewriting my GO code to map the new API and I found out that compared to the past version of the API some some fields have changed (like Dead became Alive, ahahah) and it is particularly striking when it comes to Hero Stats. The new JSON structure for stats is (as of today the 5th of January): Stats struct { Life float64 `json:"life"` Damage float64 `json:"damage"` Toughness float64 `json:"toughness"` Healing float64 `json:"healing"` AttackSpeed float64 `json:"attackSpeed"` Armor float64 `json:"armor"` Strength float64 `json:"strength"` Dexterity float64 `json:"dexterity"` Vitality float64 `json:"vitality"` Intelligence float64 `json:"intelligence"` PhysicalResist float64 `json:"physicalResist"` FireResist float64 `json:"fireResist"` ColdResist float64 `json:"coldResist"` LightningResist float64 `json:"lightningResist"` PoisonResist float64 `json:"poisonResist"` ArcaneResist float64 `json:"arcaneResist"` BlockChance float64 `json:"blockChance"` BlockAmountMin float64 `json:"blockAmountMin"` BlockAmountMax float64 `json:"blockAmountMax"` GoldFind float64 `json:"goldFind"` CritChance float64 `json:"critChance"` Thorns float64 `json:"thorns"` LifeSteal float64 `json:"lifeSteal"` LifePerKill float64 `json:"lifePerKill"` LifeOnHit float64 `json:"lifeOnHit"` PrimaryResource float64 `json:"primaryResource"` SecondaryResource float64 `json:"secondaryResource"` } `json:"stats"` As you can easily notice here are the fields we are not getting anymore: critDamage damageIncrease damageReduction magicFind This is a bit sad since it is very useful to calculate some metrics important to offline analysis. My question is therefore: Should we expect this is the final version, or do you expect to feed the API back with those metrics?Chocopipe0 Jan 5
Jan 4 WoW AH json file returning CORS error (Angular 6) Hi all, I am developing a Angular 6 app, and when trying to http.get the json url from the AH I get: ... When trying to: this.http.get(res.files[0].url).subscribe(... If I copy/paste the url in the browser or postman it shows the json perfectly, but the code above is return the CORS error. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance.Lango3 Jan 4
Jan 3 Blizzard Api OAuth in php So .. here is my work-in-progress php oauth api https://github.com/Ulminia/blizzard-api-oauth I have massively updated my wiki for my latest push. https://github.com/Ulminia/blizzard-api-oauth/wikiUlminia71 Jan 3
Jan 2 New SC2 endpoints (What I've found) First off thanks so much for releasing the new endpoints, and a big THANK YOU for fixing the match history bug if you have played a co-op game in recent history. That has been a thorn in my side for a very long time. After looking these endpoints over I have found a lot of data is no longer accessible via the latest endpoints. I'll list them below. I am really hoping this was just a first pass and there is more coming soon. Bugs/Technical Issues: (FIXED) GET - /sc2/player/:account simply times out (504 Gateway timeout) The api feels sluggish the first time you hit an endpoint. i.e. the first time i tried to get my ladder summary i got a 504, the second time it loaded Payload Issues, Concerns Match History: it would be nice to have a way to query games played in a date range Match History: It would be nice to add teamMember info into the payload (playerName, race, mmr, mmr change realm, region) (FIXED)Season: The season endpoint needs the startDate and endDate added back in (FIXED)Season: The season endpoint needs the seasonId added back in we need this for the league api that was just added back in. (as of the date this was added the season api does not include this) Season: It would be nice to have the maps in the rotation in the payload as well (name, map, thumbnail, game_type, etc) Player Profile (GET - /sc2/profile/:region/:realm/:id): it would be nice to remove or make optional achievements and rewards. The payload does not need to be that large (FIXED)Ladder Summary: it would be nice to have the members realm as part of the payload. Since that is necessary to get player profiles now (added on 11/28/2018) please fix or remove the highest rank finish from the profile payload, it has been out of date for a long time and if it is no longer being updated then it should be removed. New endpoint Requests: (ADDED) League Info: this endpoint is completely missing in the new api: https://us.api.battle.net/data/sc2/league/:SEASON_ID/:QUEUE_ID/:TEAM_TYPE/:LEAGUE_ID it is absolutely necessary for building a league continum for the season (new)Race Report: it would be nice to have a race report payload that mirrors what you see in game (new)Season: It would be nice to get historical data for seasons (new)General Game data: units/structures/stats it would be really cool to build an almanac about the units since this no longer exists on the main starcraft 2 site (added to list on 11/28/2018) implementation of the looking forward section from this post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20749724960 I would be very happy with the first two items on the list being implemented.MooCow25 Jan 2
Jan 1 How to retrieve BattleNet avatar What's the path to retrieve someone's BattleNet avatar with oauth? Thank you.Nyriss3 Jan 1
Jan 1 Neural network to play arena in World of Warcraft Hi, I'm a young developper. I know PHP, JS, Python and C#. I have some experiences in neural network. I have a project : create a bot built on neural network to play arena games in World of Warcraft. I have two goals with this post : first, earn the approval from Blizzard for this project. After all, using bot is forbidden in World of Warcraft. Second, recruit a team in order to put this project together. I am looking for an expert in C# to build an API that will "talk" with the Python neural network. I am also looking for an expert in neural network to help me put together the Python neural network. If you have questions, just ask :) Have a nice day, Vestibule.Vestibule1 Jan 1