Beta Feedback

Aug 6 New Features Now Live - Notification center, Gifs, @mentions and more! With this update, we're excited to release a host of new features aimed at making your social experiences more fun - and we've fixed a few bugs along the way! Read on for more details: Notification Center Chat messages, group invites, mentions, and friends requests - oh my; a lot is happening and we want to make sure you don't miss a beat. Check out the the notification center at top right of App. It's your one stop shop for Social! Giphy Support If a picture is worth a thousand words, is a GIF woth a million? In chats, click the GIF icon to browse Giphy and find the perfect image in Jraphic Interchange Format. Pro tip: Type "/giphy" followed by a search term to roll the dice on a random GIF! Are you feeling lucky? Link Previews We know sharing is hard, so we've made it easier. Many links will now preview content in line - start sharing your favorite YouTube, Twitch, and Imgur links! Mentions @All, we did it! You can @mention group members, moderators, and leaders in Blizzard Groups! Patching Improvements We've also improved our patching process to make it less intrusive. Most app updates will no longer require an immediate restart — except this one (sorry). New News We're bringing the updated Blizzard News experience to the Battle.net App! Blizzard News combines the latest news across all of Blizzard's franchises, eSports, and community initiatives. App Feedback Portal The Blizzard community has some of the most impassioned gamers in the world - and we love it. There is never a shortage of feedback, so we've added an in-app feedback portal in the Blizzard dropdown. We've shipped a lot of new features this patch, so head over to the feedback portal and let us know what you think! (You always do...) Bug Fixes: Joining voice in a group channel is now more responsive. Deleted messages no longer lose their identifier when the channel is refreshed. Fixed an issue where users would not be able to dismiss expired group invites. Resolved an issue where user's tooltips would fail to display when hovering over their avatarsExeliran1 Aug 6
Jul 29 FAQ: Bnet App - Voice Chat Alpha v 1.5.0.6967 (Alpha) This is a Work in Progress and will be updated as we get more information and practice with it. Please feel free to share any corrections or tips of your own you want added. EDIT: Screenshots by MysticalOS posted on Wowhead for those who want to see the GUI. http://www.wowhead.com/news=251888/battle-net-alpha-introducing-blizzard-voice-chat GENERAL 1. Q: Who is the Alpha open to right now? A: The Alpha is invite only. At this time selected Friends and Family (F&F) and Community members are being invited. 2. Q: How do I know if I have access to the Voice Chat Alpha? A: You will receive an email at the address associated with your bnet account notifying you about it. You can also try restarting your bnet app and if you are in, a pop up will give you the option to download the Alpha. If you don't get a pop up you can also check under Settings > In Development. If you have access the Install option will be there even if the pop up does not activate. 3. Q: Is there a key needed for the Alpha? A: No. There are no keys. Access is automatically enabled on your account. 4. Q: Will I see access listed in Account Management under Summary? A: No, unlike all the other Alphas/Betas it is NOT listed there. 5. Q: Will more people be invited in future waves? A: Yes. Unless Blizzard states otherwise, assume they will follow a standard Alpha, Beta, Release method. 6. Q: What platforms is the Alpha available for? A: It is available for PC and Mac although Mac still has some issues they are working on. Read the Alpha notes for details 7. Q: How do I install and configure the Voice Chat? A: Restart the battle.net app. After a few seconds a pop up window will ask you if you want to install the Alpha. You can reverse that at any time by going to Settings > In Development. If for some reason you don't get the pop up, but did get in invite, or are trying to set it up on a second PC, use the "In Development" settings to access the Install option. 8. Q: How do I configure the Voice Chat? A: Go to Settings > Voice Chat. HINT default is open mic so you may want to switch it to Push to Talk. CHAT USE 9. Q: How do I use Voice Chat? A: You can right click an individual then select voice chat to open a voice channel interface which has a text option on the left and voice chat list on the right. Then in the Voice Channel interface select the headphone icon at the top right to chat. When you activate voice chat your name appears over in the right column which is the list of active chat participants. You can also create a Channel by clicking the Friends list then the Create Channel button at the top. You can drag friends into it to chat as a group. No need to type out names. Please note your channel and channel members are NOT saved when you exit like the persistent channels on Skype, Vent, or Mumble. 10. Q: Who can I voice chat with in this version? A: You can only initiate voice chat with people on your battle.net application friends list who ALSO have the Voice Chat Alpha. Note that Friend A who controls the channel can add both Friend B and Friend C to it even though B and C are not friends. 11a. Q: Does voice chat work in games yet? A: It does not work within specific games via the game interface at this time. However, you can still talk to Bnet friends on your list while gaming via the Bnet app interface. Bnet voice chat channel text will not show up in game, unlike regular Bnet app text. 11b Q: So do they plan to integrate the new voice chat into games like WoW so we can use it to raid? A: Mostly likely, but it will be done on a game by game basis as applicable. 12. Q: Can we report inappropriate language or abuse? A: Yes. Right click report is now an option in the friends list. Options are Spam, Harassment, or Inappropriate Name. You can also Mute people individually in a Chat Channel by right clicking them.MissCheetah105 Jul 29
Jul 29, 2016 Welcome to Blizzard Streaming: Please read! Welcome to the Beta Feedback Discussion forum for Blizzard Streaming! Before participating in the discussion, please be sure to read our forum Code of Conduct. Also, please limit the discussion in this forum to Blizzard Streaming. For general feedback, please post in the Feedback Discussion forum.Agunurrom0 Jul 29, 2016
4h Friends list groups I've been wanting this feature for a long time. I have different groups of friends who all play Blizzard games, WoW guildmates, coworkers, personal friends, people I met playing a certain game, ect. I have a pretty bad memory when it comes to people so I'm constantly trying to organize them in a way that will help jog my memory. Currently I can add people to favorites but that's it. Can we get the ability to put our friends into sub-folders?Cyl57 4h
4d Submit feedback tool does not work When I hit send, nothing happens. - 1.12.2.10405 betaStan2 4d
4d Update notification The "update available, please restart the battle.net app" notification should be in the notification center, not in the bottom bar where you ask for feedbackStan0 4d
5d Hammond/Wrecking ball profile pic/avatar Hammond could use a profile pic on battlenet app.. even the cod4 avatars are already in. #rememberthehamster! Come on come on go go go~FredHamster0 5d
Aug 14 Happening in Beta Client and Live Client I constantly have to update Overwatch whenever I first launch Battlenet and whenever I close to game. This gets really frustrating whenever my game closes and I need to return to a comp game with a small 3 minute window. I made the switch from the Live Client to the Beta Client to resolve the issue but it seems to be happening on the Beta as well. Also my game is just stuck on waiting for another installation too so this actually just keeps me from playing OW for another extended period of time.MQL0 Aug 14
Aug 13 COD 4 I will play COD 4 today but cannot play.. are the close for playing this game ???? What the point to play 2 days ???Snookiewar1 Aug 13
Aug 12 When are we going to get streaming via Mac? Title says it all. It's been 2 years since they added the feature, it can't be too hard for them to sort this out right? I mean I understand Overwatch will probably never come out on Mac and to be honest I don't care but it shouldn't be much of a work-around to get streaming compatibility on Mac surely? At the end of the day not a huge issue, I have other means but it'd just be nice to see is all.Starving2 Aug 12
Aug 11 Black Ops 4 Terrible FPS I consistently get an average of 30 fps on the lowest graphics with a gtx 1070 and an AMD-8320 processor, I also have 16gb ram so I honestly am lost why this game would be running so poorly, and it seems im the only one since my friends can play just fine.Blitzarki1 Aug 11
Aug 11 Black Ops 4 Default downloads English instead of the language of the Battle.net App I have all the games in Italian but BO4 was in English and i thought that was the only language available on the beta. Now somebody told me it was possible to have it into Italian so i think it's a bug.marcostudios0 Aug 11
Aug 11 Let us hide games from the launcher Please give us the option to hide games we don't want to see. I have no interest in the Activision games you've added to the client.Rhyno13 Aug 11
Aug 10 Shop not loading The shop can't load in beta appStormvang0 Aug 10
Aug 10 NOT JUST FOR BETA First time in ever I have had this issue. Started Battle.net desktop and got the message waiting for another installation. went thru all my games and nothing updating. looked at the top left of the desktop app and noticed a skinny blue bar under the BLIZZARD logo. Seems the update I was waiting on was for the Battle.net desktop itself. Click on the down arrow after the word Blizzard and at the bottom of the list it will tell you the percentage of update. click on it and it will open a window... if you just have to watch the % of update.Rosemunde0 Aug 10
Aug 7 Hearthstone ads in wrong language. I noticed since switching to the beta of Battle.net that some of the little Hearthstone ad boxes are in languages that do not match my settings. I don't know if this is intended, but seems a bit silly to give someone who has all settings on English ads they cannot read or understand. Example: https://i.imgur.com/AquV8zk.pngAceht0 Aug 7
Aug 7 BETA BattleNet Client Feedback [Social/News] Hello, I'm a Heroes of the Storm player and have been using the new BETA client for a few months now. As of today I'd like to share some feedback acquired throughout this time as a casual user. Social Tab At first I was thrilled to test and keep trying the new Social tab. As a supporter of a smaller streamer's community I found myself eagerly creating a group and inviting people to join and keep in touch. Truth is the invite modes (invite URL or through battle.net) are a tad confusing, but they get the job done. After setting up a few permissions and spreading word of the group I believed we were on route to having a good environment to hang out -- but I don't think the majority of the players actually interact with the Social Tab. Perhaps due to the existence of Discord they are less inclined to interact with it, but I found there was little support to using the Social Tab's functionalities while logged within a game. I'm not completely sure as to what could be done about it -- or maybe there are ways to do it and I've simply unaware -- but this is the main takeaway for me: There is little need for the Social Tab as long as BattleNet users remain logged within a game, which greatly diminishes its utility. News Tab While I have been trying to make more sense of the News tab, mostly I find myself searching for the most recent Patch Notes on Heroes of the Storm -- which could be made a lot more accessible by making the "Check the Latest Patch Notes" a permanent link on the Play area. Other than that, I'm fond of the design and the information displayed in the News Tab, to which I congratulate whoever made the graphics for it. It's simple, elegant and conveys what we currently need as for Latest and/or news divided by game.Blitkun0 Aug 7
Aug 6 Blizz app seems USELESS... STEAM is way better... Like WHAT is even the POINT........? An app just for like 5 GAMES? Steam also has GREENLIGHT that lets all the LITTLE PEOPLE get into game development too while the ACTIBLIZZ execs are getting FATTER by the MINUTE... Really just DELETE the app and go back the standalone INSTALLS imo... Like everytime I DOUBLE CLICK a gaem's icon on my DESKTOP it opens up the APP instead and THEN i have to wait till it logs in and loads and then I have to click the game's play button... What a CONVOLUTED MESS...!Enigma1 Aug 6
Aug 6 Missing permission settings Social Groups Hi At the moment it feels a bit limited, Would like to be able to change the default ones or at least add one custom one where you can setup exactly the permission you want.Noodlelove0 Aug 6
Aug 6 Custom Profile Pictures? I love the fact we finally get to add some personality to our Battle.net account profiles like other platforms such as steam and origin. I was wondering if there was a possibility that we could get custom profile pictures like those platforms as well.Dva8 Aug 6
Aug 4 UI animation inconsistencies The new notification centre does not use the same fade-in animation that other similar drop-down menus use (main menu, game options, region selector, profile menu). Instead, it appears instantly and then increases in size with a slide-down animation and feels inconsistent as a result. The same can be said of the streaming window and the friends window. The streaming window fades in similarly to other windows (settings, what's new in beta, add a friend), but the friends window appears with no animation.CrouchingOne0 Aug 4
Aug 3 Missing Bnet UI buttons Since the latest update, I can no longer see the icons for games in the app, the windows Min, Max, Close buttons, or the tab currently selected (Games, Shop, News). This is on Windows 10 and before the last update I was using an alpha client and it was fine.Bertch27 Aug 3
Aug 1 Remove CoD and Destiny FFS, REMOVE THOSE !@#$ING GAMES OFF MY BROWSER, I DON'T CARE IF ACTIVISION MAKES YOU DO IT, REMOVE THOSE %^-*ING POS GAMESDecyber0 Aug 1
Jul 29 Beta bnet client (mac) huge qol change! On the normal bnet app on mac if I selected the social tab, the program would just freeze for about a full minute, then finally switch to social. When clicking different conversations in social it would lag too. Beta client doesnt have that problem, thanks so much. I dont know what caused but im so happy its resolved. I was gonna post the complaint in the mac forums but i decided to swap to beta and joy~ iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) 3.5 i5, radpro 575 4096mb Love you guys <3Scheherazade0 Jul 29
Jul 29 STILL no "time remaining" for downloads?! Downloading Overwatch at 50 Mbit/s... not time indication of estimated time remaining. I'm shocked this isn't even in the beta launcher yet after all those years...Daniel0 Jul 29
Jul 28 Void Elf Voidform I would very much like to see my void elf in voidform as an option for non-combat. Similar to the Worgen wolf/human or Shadow priest Shadow Form toggle. I find my velf looks like an undead in her current default form albeit one in a lesser state of decomposition :) A toggle to activate the appearance of Entropic Embrace would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else play a velf who has the same thought? In voidform they look amazing! I'm aware there are likely higher priorities at the moment. But this would be a really nice feature that I don't believe would be terribly difficult to implement.Enderwulf1 Jul 28
Jul 28 BETA Problems Made everything blank and nothing appeared but it said it was still running. When i hovered over the play button i could click and it would launch WoW. This happened after a week or so. I had to switch to the regular version.Vekid1 Jul 28
Jul 27 Login Problem If I try to log in when the launchers language is Japanese, Will be returned to the login screen again after 2 step authentication. After changing the language to English, can log in normally.YUKIO1 Jul 27
Jul 23 Games List UI Suggestion I get it Blizzard, you want to make money. You're good at it too, I mean look how long you've been getting it from me. Long story short though the one feature I think this launcher needs over anything else is an overhaul to your games list. The ability to at the very least Minimize the activision games would be preferred to not being able to hide them at all. Hell you can even let the tab it minimizes too in the launcher be named "Activision Games" in case you want to remind us who's really in charge. /end rantFoosh0 Jul 23
Jul 22 battlenet:// url scheme no longer working for most games Hi, I've been using the battlenet:// scheme to start my games for a long time. After a recent update to the Battle.Net Client Beta, most of them are no longer working. Here are my test results: battlenet://WoW - used to start World of Warcraft, currently not working battlenet://D3 - used to start Diablo 3, currently not working battlenet://WTCG - used to start Hearthstone, currently not working battlenet://Pro - used to start Overwatch, currently not working battlenet://S2 - used to start Starcraft 2, currently not working (but battlenet://starcraft works to start Starcraft 2) battlenet://Hero - used to start Heroes of the Storm, currently not working (but battlenet://heroes works to start HotS) battlenet://SCR - used to start Starcraft Remastered, currently not working battlenet://DST2 - used to start Destiny 2, can't test right now as it is unreleased Among other things, these shortcuts are used to play the games with the Steam Overlay to use the Steam Controller, and I personally use them to start my games from a Rainmeter skin without having to open the Battle.net client window. Are the shortcut different now? Is this functionality being removed? Are these URLs documented somewhere (found some throuhgh trial and error, actually)?Kopert5 Jul 22
Jul 21 frost dk frost dks have been very squishy I've been playing Frosty dk for years now and ive been able to to hold myself on three guys for a minute or so now I'm getting new within 30 seconds of dead can you please at least give us survivabilityReluct1 Jul 21
Jul 13 Battle.net BETA problems... Social Menu isn't work well.Actualy i want to see notifications,sounds etc. for social menu.My friend send me message 6,July but i can see it 13,July.There wasn't any notification,sound or even yellow dot or highlight on social menu untill today.I saw all messages now. Links sometimes don't work either.I click a link and it send me a empty page.Especially Twitch links. My regards and respectsSertdemir0 Jul 13
Jul 12 Facebook Stream cutting off early. When I want to stream to facebook, my game lags slightly and it will cut the video off way before the end of it.Smiles48 Jul 12
Jul 12 No support for high pixel density screens (win10) I don't really have an opinion on the new UI, not much changed. I'd hoped to see blurry words become sharp and crisp. While normal users wont see the difference, the problem is very obvious on high pixel density screens (150ppi and above). Pls make this happen, thanks!AttiZK0 Jul 12
Jul 12 Warcraft 3 (without TFT expansion) key doesn't allow to test the update (PTR 1.30). Hello, I wanted to test the update 1.30, so I dusted out my old wc3 install key to install it, and it is working perfectly with 1.29. However, when I downloaded the update 1.30, they launcher ask me both a key for wc3 and TFT (like the regular installer), but the expansion seems required (the OK button stays gray). If needed, I could by a TFT key, but I only found keys for wc3 in blizzard's shop (and it's not written that the expansion is included). I hope that someone will be able to help me. Sincerely.Aeshar0 Jul 12
Jul 10 Beta not following Update settings for WoW I have all the update settings for my games set not to auto-update except for WoW and the WoW-BfA beta. Those are set to update only when the game isn't running (no background download). For a couple weeks now I couldn't figure out why WoW was running into high latency for no apparent reason on occassion. Last night I noticed a 3Gig+ WoW beta download was starting and I wasnt going to wait for it so I started up wow (non-beta). Figuring it would stop like it usually does. It started lagging again so I opened up Task Manager and battle.net app was using 98% of my available bandwidth and WoW was getting the other 1-2%!! I closed the battle.net app and watched the latency drop dramatically. So how should the bnet app be set so that anytime I'm actually playing WoW (whether it be release or beta), no background update will be allowed to take place, but once I exit WoW those two can pick up where they left off? Because that is not what is happening now and if I have to set the Beta to manual update, I doubt I'll play it any more since I'm not going to want to sit around waiting for it to download...I'll go play something else.Harchon2 Jul 10
Jul 8 One-button login not progressing. Just loops When I go to login to the desktop app, and I use the one-button login from my phone, it says approved, then goes back to enter password stage before authenticator stage, and this loops continuously. Only way I've been able to get around it is to enter the code instead, or login into the game skipping the desktop app.Munan2 Jul 8
Jul 4 Beta Launcher Crashes Beta Launcher Crashes during Updates and/or Downloads in progress for new games. I have gone through three game update/Downloads and during all three ive encountered an issue where at 20 to 30 percent left the launcher crashes. Normally i would just think its a small bug doesn't need to be put up yet but unfortunatly after that 20 to 30 percent it randomly crashes again and again. Also the voice chat feature does not let me access my friend list for some reason.PhasmaXLupus0 Jul 4
Jun 29 Beta Ribbon Is it needed? because i know when i update to betacosti0 Jun 29
Jun 29 "Start Voice Chat" not working after today's update... After most recent update, "Start Voice Chat" not working...Xethys2 Jun 29
Jun 28 Warcraft 3 Can you add Warcraft 3 to Bnet app?Padianus0 Jun 28
Jun 28 Beta Battle.Net Destiny 2 network errors. Just switched to the beta app this morning, I've been getting "Contacting Bungie Servers" and "You must start Destiny 2 using the app" all day. Even though the app is running. Going back to non beta, if I see any change I'll come back and update the post. If you don't hear from me I probably got pissed and went to sleep. :)DeviantX3 Jun 28
Jun 27 Problemas con las letras del aplicativo de battle.net Hola, Tengo un problema con las letras de la aplicación para escritorio del battle.net ya que no se ve nada, ni las letras de la barra de descarga ni las opciones de minimizar y cerrar.CESAR0 Jun 27
Jun 24 State of Emojis Greetings :) my one big problem with chat is the sizing of emojis. When you sent a single one it has a decent size, but as soon as there is some text in there as well, they get so small, that it's hard to even make out their faces :(Ninlyn1 Jun 24
Jun 24 Battle.net detecting errors with Diablo 3 and gets stuck at scanning When Diablo 3 crashed, battle.net desktop app needed an update. About 30 seconds later it detected that the game had errors and that it needed to be scanned and repaired. Its been scanning the game for an hour now with no luck.Ddelafuente0 Jun 24
Jun 24 Bnet app + streaming music Since I have switched to the beta, i noticed pandora, and really dynamic sites like WoWHead no longer cause FPS chopping when they are alt tabbed in the background. It was bad enough, pandora asking if im still there every 4 minutes, but when that dialog box would load it was GG with my frames till cleared. Since I switched I have been assuming now when the music stops but my game doesn't chop then i got disconnected. But nope, just things running smooth. Even when disabling and enabling browser assist hardware acceleration now with the new app i see no diff in game frames.Spunion0 Jun 24
Jun 23 Voice chat not saving settings Beta voice chat won't save my settings for headset and mic. I have to redo it everytime I log in. It's rather annoyingMoonwitch0 Jun 23
Jun 22 Just fine and dandy My XP on this Beta version is.... Cool.... (Aye, I'm of THAT generation). Everything has worked just OK. Too much non-WoW stuff, but I gotta admit that I'm a bit biased... Playing only WoW of all the Blizz games and all. Ok, That's my 2 cents....now where's my money?! Just joking :DDestroLinu0 Jun 22
Jun 22 Linking Battle.net to Discord is broken Linking battle.net accounts to Discord is impossible, Discord say its on your guys' end. Please fix asap!Darkstarxx0 Jun 22
Jun 22 Slow updates Updating from version to version is really slow for me, it takes hours to finish the update. And unfortunately I cannot launch anything while it's doing that, I wouldn't mind if it took long if I could run WoW while it was updating.Umferth0 Jun 22