Feedback Discussion

May 13, 2014 Welcome: Please read! Welcome to the Feedback Discussion forum for the desktop app! Before participating in the discussion, please be sure to read our forum Code of Conduct, and refer to the Beta FAQ and Known Issues list here before posting to see if your issue is already covered.Aratil0 May 13, 2014
Feb 14, 2017 Patch 1.7.0: Introducing Suggested Friends Today we released version 1.7.0 of the Desktop App, which includes Suggested Friends, and a number of new features and enhancements to the Friends List. Mutual Friends of your Real ID friends have always been displayed using their Real ID. If you do not want to show up in Suggested Friends, you can turn off the option in the Communication Preferences section of Account Management (you can click on the “Privacy Settings” link in the cog wheel on the Friends List, or visit Below are the full patch notes for the 1.7.0 release: Suggested Friends Suggested Friends will provide users with new and easy ways to make new friends on Facebook Friend Finder will allow users who have linked their Facebook account with their account to find and add them as friends. Mutual Friends (Friends of Friends) will also be displayed in the new Suggested Friends section. ‘Recently Played With’ players will be gathered from recent games you have played with people that aren't currently your friends. Currently only Diablo is supported, but we plan to expand this to other games in the future! Friends List Improvements We are adding new options for how your friends are displayed and grouped on the Friends List: All friends currently playing a game can be toggled to appear at the top of the Friends List and will be grouped alphabetically, by game title. You can choose to show both BattleTag and Real ID for your friends. You can now ungroup your favorite friends. Ungrouped favorite friends will be displayed with a star next to their name. Added an option in the Friends & Chat section of settings that will allow you to hide Real ID friend's real names from various parts of the App. Facebook Streaming Improvements We have changed the way in which Facebook accounts are linked to accounts. Linking now goes through Account Management. This will allow you to automatically enable Facebook Streaming and Facebook Friend Finder for linked accounts from anywhere you log into the Desktop App. Note: Users that have previously used Facebook Streaming will need to link their Facebook account to their account in order to stream again. Click on the Streaming icon to begin the linking flow. Bug Fixes Fixed an issue causing category names to not be properly localized in the region selection. Fixed an issue causing key binding to be lost when restarting the Desktop App if using a mouse button for Push-to-talk.Agunurrom0 Feb 14, 2017
3d New Feature Now Live – Gifting Whether it’s a friend’s birthday or you want to say “thanks” to a friend, the new player-to-player gifting feature lets you purchase and send in-game gifts to your friends. Sending a gift To send a gift, head to the Shop tab in the desktop app. Select a gifting-enabled item such as Hearthstone card packs or Overwatch Loot Boxes. Select the Gift button, and choose the friend from a drop-down menu during the purchasing process. After choosing a friend, you can send a message that is shown with the gift. After that, finish the purchasing process. Claiming a gift When someone sends you a gift, the upper right of the app will light up to show you that something’s waiting (you can also select View Gifts from the drop-down menu under your BattleTag). Click the gift icon that lit up to open your gift inventory. Here, you’ll find any gifts that are waiting for you. Click Claim or visit the Gifts web page on mobile to add the gift to your collection in the associated game. Once you’ve sent and/or receive some gifts, let us know what you think! You can use this thread to provide feedback on the Gifting experience in the Desktop App.Dylon Kempkes11 3d
Mar 10 New Feature Now Live - Appear Offline Appear offline allows you to set your status to show you as “offline” to your Blizzard friends while remaining connected to This means you can launch the app and game away without distraction. Appearing offline will show you as offline to everyone in your Blizzard friends list. Once you have joined a game, the experience of appearing offline might be slightly different depending on which game you are playing. In the case of World of Warcraft, your guildmates will see your character come online and enter WoW’s in-game chat channels, and anyone who has you as a character-level friend will see you online on their friends list. Everyone outside of the same game as you will not see you online or playing any games. Offline Messaging Do you see a friend who’s offline but you really want to send them a message while it’s on your mind? You can now send offline friends messages and they will receive them the next time they come online! While appearing offline you can still send and receive messages in the app, but it is up to you when you want to respond. Once you start using these feature, we’d love to hear what you think. Feel free to use this thread to post your thoughts on Appear Offline.Psione63 Mar 10
Feb 26 New Feature Now Live - Social Tab & Groups Our new Social tab is your one stop shop for managing all your social interactions. Whether you’re whispering messages to a friend, engaging in multi-chats, or hanging out in our new Blizzard Groups, you can easily pick up where you left off in all your conversations. Chats When you open a chat with someone in the Blizzard app, it will show up in the Chats list under the Social tab. This keeps all your conversations in an organized, accessible list. If you ever want to take a conversation outside that list, click the [icon] icon in the top right corner to open it in a new window. Groups Blizzard Groups are a new way for you to connect with your friends and plan your next mission. Players can create and join Groups based on their common interests. You can use groups to keep in touch, share strategies, and catch up on conversations you might’ve missed while offline. Creating a Group When you create a Group, you can choose from several options to customize your experience. First, provide a Group name. This will be the title that appears in the Groups section. You can also choose an avatar (from a variety of in-game icons) and write a short description for your Group. Inviting Others Once the Group is created, you can start inviting friends to join. Browse your Friends list and select who you’d like to add, or send an invite link. The invite link can be customized to expire after a set amount of time or a set amount of clicks. You can also manage the created links in the Group Settings and revoke access to the Group, if needed. Channels Each Group can have multiple text and voice chat channels. You’ll start with a General channel by default, but from there you can create custom channels as needed. When you create a channel, you’ll assign it a name and have the option to provide a short description. You can also choose who can view the channel. The Groups beta is available now in the Americas region. Head to the Social tab to get the party started! Once you’ve had a chance to check out it out, use this thread to discuss the new features.Psione65 Feb 26
Feb 5 New Feature Now Live – Player Profiles & Avatars Let your friends know a little bit more about you by customizing your new Player Profile! If you’re in Americas region’s beta, you can customize your Player Profile now by clicking your BattleTag and selecting View Profile. Here are the Profile customization options you can start using today: Avatars Select an avatar to represent you on your friends’ Friends list and in the Groups you’ve joined. You can choose from a variety of familiar characters and images from your favorite games! Just click the Change Avatar button (right next to your current avatar) and select the new one you want to use. About In the About section, you’ll have up to 200 characters to write a message and share what’s on your mind, so other players can learn more about you at a glance. Recent Games Games you’ve played in the past six months will now show in the Recent Games section. You (and your friends) can click the links to view your public profiles for each game. If there’s a game you’d rather not display in this section, you can click Edit to choose which games are shown. Links You can create up to 10 links to display on your profile. Use one of the preset link types for Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, Tumblr, or Twitter to create an recognizable icon for those platforms. You can also select Personal to create a unique link to your own website, if you prefer. Profile Settings You have the option to hide your Profile if you’d like to stay incognito. Edit the Profile Settings at the bottom of your profile to change who can view your profile and links. Once you start using these features, we’d love to hear what you think. Feel free to use this thread to post your thoughts on Profiles & Avatars.Psione57 Feb 5
Dec 21 Desktop App Certificate Update Our recent update to the Blizzard desktop app made sure players could properly use features like logging in to via a social network, or joining a Blizzard group via an invite link. To facilitate these features, we updated the local webserver to use a self-signed certificate to be consistent with current industry security standards. For those interested in more detail, using these features requires your web browser to communicate with the Blizzard desktop app. Previously, the desktop app used a certificate signed by a public Certificate Authority, meaning that no modifications to your system certificates were necessary; however, this technique is incompatible with Certificate Authority policies and we can no longer use it. While some browsers such as Chrome and Firefox are equipped to handle browser-to-app communication techniques, the changes were necessary for other browsers. For the time being, the desktop app generates a self-signed certificate that’s unique to your machine and configures your system to trust it.Dylon Kempkes0 Dec 21
Oct 24 New Feature Now Live – Shop Update The Blizzard Shop is getting a makeover! Starting today, open beta users will see a new experience when selecting the Shop tab in the Desktop App. What’s New? • Redesigned Homepage: The homepage has a new look. This includes a new franchise navigation bar for quick access, recommended products, and more detailed product descriptions. • Personalized Recommendations: You’ll now see a recommended section that provides you suggested products based on games you play. • Franchise Navigation Bar: The new franchise bar is a quick way to access all products for your favorite franchise right from the homepage. • New Visual Design: The look and feel of the shop experience has been re-designed. This includes full-art product cards, multimedia components, and dedicated franchise pages. To switch to the beta version of the Blizzard app, simply open your app Settings, click on the Beta tab, and then click Switch to Beta button. Once you’ve had a chance to poke around, let us know what you think! You can use this thread to provide feedback on the updated Shop experience in the Desktop App.Dylon Kempkes5 Oct 24
Feb 16, 2017 Suggested Friends and Facebook Friend Finder FAQ! Hail, Champions! We've been looking through your feedback and questions, and wanted to create a post that should help answer the majority of questions we're seeing at the moment. Please check out the information below! Facebook Friend Finder This is our newest feature in Suggested Friends, so I wanted to list this off first! Linking to Facebook allows you to find friends on Facebook who have also chosen to link their accounts to Facebook, and suggest them as friends to you. We display Facebook friends with the name they have chosen on their Facebook profile. If you’d like, you can send them a friend request. We don't send any data to Facebook. Furthermore, can only post to Facebook on your behalf (after you’ve explicitly authorized the Facebook App to do so) if you've set up Blizzard Streaming, and Go Live. Players who link to Facebook will see a Facebook Friend Finder section in the Suggested Friends drawer. Clicking “Add” will send a Friend Request, and pressing the “X” will ignore them. Facebook Friends who are ignored can send you a request, at which time you can approve or deny the request, or block the user entirely. Please note that Facebook can be used for login (at Account Creation or linked at a later date), streaming, and friend finding. To set up streaming, you have to click on the Streaming Icon and allow Facebook to post on your behalf. Suggested Friends This feature has existed since the inception of the Application, but has been given a new location in the Suggested Friends panel on your Friends List. It adheres to the same settings and Privacy Options available in the Communications Preferences in Account Management, as well as Parental Controls (if applied). As a reminder, Parental Controls are enabled by default for users under the age of 18 during account creation (a parent's email is required to proceed, and a link for Parental Controls included). Concerns on Real ID Display There's also been some concern about who can see your Real ID name versus your BattleTag. For reference, your BattleTag is a nickname selected to show in our games, while Real ID is intended for friends you know and add via Email Address. Additionally, players can Opt Out of Real ID by disabling this in Communication Preferences. Requests where the requester's real name is shown are Real ID requests, requests where the BattleTag are shown are BattleTag Friend Requests. Suggested Friends will only show you suggestions of friends - you aren't able to take any further action with those suggested users. You will see BattleTags of Suggested friends, unless your mutual friend is Real ID Friends with you and your suggested friend. In this instance you’ll be shown their Real ID name as well. You can disable showing up in Suggested Friends by unchecking “Suggest me to friends of friends” in your Communication Preferences as well. Friends List Display of Real ID Friends Players who wish to organize/change how their Friends List is displayed in the Desktop App can modify these in the Settings > Friends & Chat menu. Here you can hide your friends' Real ID names, show or hide the Suggested Friends drawer, and manage your Block List of previously blocked users. Modifying these will not change your Account level Privacy Settings; if you would like to be suggested to others without having suggested friends displayed to you, that's possible! For reference, here’s a breakdown of what information you can see for friends of friends: You can see Real ID Names of your Friends’ Real ID Friends You can see BattleTags of your Real ID Friends’ BattleTag Friends You can see BattleTags of your Friends’ BattleTag FriendsAgunurrom0 Feb 16, 2017
7h Recommended Here By Staff Member- Resetting Game Data Hi Blizzard, I had contacted Blizzard Support with deciding whether I would have to delete my in order to reset my Overwatch game data or if I could do it without. However, apparently there is no way to reset the data. And deleting my account would mean having to buy a new game. The staff member told me that I might have a chance at getting heard by Blizzard developers here. I thought this was a more bigger issue outside of Overwatch and could be an option for any game connected to a account. I would appreciate having this option... I am unsure as to if this option seems odd but I thought it'd be nice to have the opportunity to a clean slate. Thank you for your time, AnnaSegalomaniac0 7h
9h "update with priority" should outprioritize blizzard app Every time a new update for Overwatch comes out, blizzard app decides it would be a great time to simultaneously update, and no matter how many times I tell it to prioritize updating Overwatch over all other updates, it refuses to stop updating the blizzard app so that it can update Overwatch. Update with priority should outprioritize the blizzard app.Crusher480 9h
21h delete/clear chat history Make an option to delete/clear chat history on appmaxbo299 21h
23h Please add Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2 and Diablo 1 to the desktop app Hello I would like to request the developers to make the following games purchaseable on the desktop app: 1. Diablo 1 2. Diablo 1: Hellfire Expansion 3. Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness 4. Warcraft 2: Beyond The Dark Portal 5. Warcraft 2: Edition This shouldn't take too long to make happen, and I know there are a lot of people who wants to purchase these classic games, so sign this thread if you want these games added to the shop.Phoenix5 23h
1d Please stop notifying me that I'm in Offline Mode. The Desktop App keeps telling me that I'm in offline mode, and I know that I'm in offline mode. How do I get it to stop giving me notifications about this? I don't want to stop notifications for "one week", I want to stop notifications permanently. I don't want to get notified ever. I know I'm in offline mode, and I've done that intentionally. I believe that this notification is unnecessary and obtrusive. There are already enough other checks in the system to require being online. If I want to interact with others in Hearthstone I need to be in online mode, got it, that's fine. If I want to watch someone play a game, need to be in online mode, that's fine too. But please, I've marked myself as being offline, stop bothering me with notifications that I'm in offline mode. Thanks!Qsram6 1d
1d Join launcher with friends list Hey just a suggestion, why not put the friends list in the same window as the launcher? Having to open a new window just to see all of your friends and what they're playing is kind of annoying. I'm talking about a similar interface of the groups, you can see everyone who's a member of the group in a side bar you can hide. Don't you think that'd be better?VoidMainVoid0 1d
2d Option to hide games you don't have installed So I hear tell that Activision is putting its greasy little mittens upon Battlenet app again and adding CoD to the Blizzard launcher. That is all well and good from a business standpoint and makes sense. However, I am a meticulous man who only likes to see games I have purchased and/or installed. While the Destiny II icon has made its way to the bottom and I have wished for its demise, I have been tolerant of it. With the addition of CoD and by that extension, any non-blizzard ips that could make its way onto that Blizzard app launcher, I feel that now is a ripe moment to ask for Blizzard to code a "Hide uninstalled or not purchased game" to the launcher so that I can avoid the clutter. I look to blizzard for this support and thank them for their consideration in this endeavor. I enjoy seeing the news that comes with the launcher, but if it ends up becoming too crowded, I will have to refuse to use the Launcher and instead launch my games by icon again or by putting them into my steam library. Thank you Blizzard.Seebach1 2d
2d Overwatch free trial. Overwatch free trial. I have been playing RTSes and RPGs for 2 decades. Never got into FPS. Now i own and play every blizzard game except overwatch. People are really enthused about it. And you know, its a blizzard game, maybe its really good, maybe it could get me into RTS. But i also didnt update my hardware in 6 years. (And am not planning to do so anytime soon since it runs everything else i play fine) So ye, im not going to pay 60 euros to try a game that i really dont know if i will like it and my PC might not even handle. Im sure im not alone and any form of free trial will help you sell more.TheAlchemist13 2d
2d Reigon selection I would like to see a reigon selection button as I play on European and Americas servers and it would be nice to have the ability to talk to both sets of friends from that app. Your local neighborhood maul! -ManimaulManimaul1 2d
2d Please STOP auto play of streams I don't have a big conection and everytime I am alredy watching stream. Is just so annoying. Ty.ncqp3 2d
2d Please fix smurf accounts for Overwatch Great wise one Jeff. Please tell me what the plan is for stopping Smurf accounts in Overwatch that are making competitive play impossible for people who aren’t in platinum and diamond. It’s very frustrating when you finally get some good games in and then have them ruined by a team of six platinum players using a different account and playing on a lower skill level than what they actually are, just to make it more difficult for other people to play competitive. I’m sure other people have had this happen to them and would like to see some feedback. I love the game but sometimes it is unplayable because of people like this ruining it for everyone else.Kennwillie40 2d
3d Longer passwords Hi, I'm going to keep this simple. I want to use a longer, more complex, password than the 16 character limit allows. I think it's really stupid that such a limit is imposed in the first place, as storage and retrieval of such data, even at-scale, is achieved by so many other authentication providers. Whether I use SMS/2FA or not, I want to see the password limit increased by a lot, but not a ludicrous amount like 65535. I'm thinking a limit of 64 or 128 or something like that. But that being said, right now, 16 characters is grossly insufficient as I can't use my higher-complexity passwords, and thus security of my account suffers. Please make the change. I know this will not be a quick fix.BloodyIron0 3d
3d Plz respond this blizzard Hi I' from Turkey. I have a question, my friends ask me ; why blizzard dont use TURKİSH language for us? They want the play this game but cant understan english , plzz fix this İF u want players thxironWisp0 3d
3d Rude CS Line Is it just me, or is it incredibly rude when Blizzards Customer Service phone line automatically hangs up on people? I called for SERVICE! Not to be hung up on.Mickas0 3d
4d Warcraft 1 Remastered as an Smartphone Game Hello, like the Title says why can´t WC1 remastered as a Handy game? I mean the amount of Structures, Units, Tech trees and Spells are not that much. Around a Trip or at Home you can play and chat with people all around the World.Daisho0 4d
4d Portable Desktop App Hi, can we use it like the original launcher located in the WoW folder ? thank you in advance.Schmilblick3 4d
4d Linux Support for Blizzard Games The question of Linux support comes up time and time again but I really think it is time that Blizzard actuallty supported Linux. Here is why. Drivers aren't an issue anymore One of the big reasons that people didn't want to use Linux was the poor state of graphics drivers. This isn't an issue anymore. The drivers have massively improved and the major performance differences that some games still show are down to the lower quality wrapper-based ports rather than the native ports (like those Valve did for their games). Vulkan The Vulkan API is the cross-platform versions of DirectX 12. These two APIs are the future of PC Games but Vulkan isn't restricted to Windows 10 like DX12 is. By using Vulkan, Blizzard can generate code that is multi-platform friendly and would make the job of creating and supporting Linux games much easier in the long run. Blizzard are also a member of the Khronos group, the people who publish the spec for the Vulkan API. Source: Distro Fragmentation isn't an issue Another common argument for not using or supporting Linux is the number of distributions. While there are large number of options, the vast majority of Linux users use a small handful of distros that are very similar to each other. More importantly, Valve only officially support Ubuntu which makes their job easier while also reducing the diea who need to officially support every distribution that exists. Users are willing to test/support companies that support Linux There is a dedicated and growing community around Linux gaming that is willing to help developers, both finanically and constructively, who want to support. The community while buy the games while also do their best to report bugs or test development builds for upcoming or already existing games that are being ported. Blizzard are a massive company and they could easily grab the attention of this entire community and it would help to provide a lot of real world testing for them. Operating system choice is good Giving people the choice of using a non-Windows operating system to play Blizzard games is only a good thing. While you can use Mac OS X you do have to buy an Apple Mac to use it (in line with the license agreement anyway). This is important because Windows 10 and the upgrade tactics have drawn a lot of negative attention to Microsoft. There is an even growing number of people who are switching to Linux or at least considering it. However, there is one problem. Linux has (or had) a chicken and egg problem. Nobody uses it because nobody develops for it which leads to nobody developing for it as nobody uses it. While Valve and other companies have been changing this by porting games to Linux, a company as large as Blizzard porting their games to Linux would do wonders for this movement and would really send a signal to games and developers alike to actually take Linux seriously as a gaming platform. The benefit of doing this is that the users have more choice as to what operating system they run on their computer without having to make sacrifices. You can run the games via WINE but that isn't perfect whereas a native port would allow for Linux Gamers to enjoy the best possible Blizzard experience without having to install/use Windows. Linux Market Share Growth While the accuracy of web based statistics for operating ysstem use is questionable, the usage graph that will be linked below shows that Linux now has more than 2% of the market share on desktop operating systems. This is, again, a sign of progress. Source: 4d
5d Overlay for In-Game Hello people of (or Blizzard maybe hehehe....) I think it'd be very useful and convenient to have a Overlay because it'd be amazing to be able to access your friends list and make a group text conversation with them and chat from the Overlay. Think of it just like Steam's In-Game Overlay, it'd be really cool and useful. I'd like to hear some feedback! Thanks!VEGASDEATH1332 5d
5d WoW WTF Folder I was in the process of moving my games over to a new drive and decided to simply install them fresh rather than move/clone them to the new drive. Given that previously when uninstalling player generated files like screenshots and saved variables were left alone as well as addons in the interface folder I simply went ahead and uninstalled the game client intending to scoop up the files left behind and move them over. Unfortunately at some point someone had the bright idea to have the uninstall process wipe out the WTF folder. This change was beyond stupid. Why would you ever think this was a good idea without a user option to delete that data along with the rest of the uninstall? For the love of God, do not lump settings data into the uninstall process without an option box to do so!Nastaran0 5d
5d Show playtime of games. Just like on Steam, I'd like to know how much I spend/have spent plaing WoW, Diablo 3, Overwatch and It be a great feature to add to I'm not sure why it isn't implemented.MostUnholy5 5d
6d Third party authenticator support I realize that this doesn't have anything to do directly with the Desktop App, but the limited selection of forums leaves this as the nearest option, and the answerer of my support ticket told me that the forums are the place to request this. I hope that it can get forwarded to the correct parties. I would like to use a third party authenticator instead of the official Authenticator for Android. There are several applications that let you scan the QR code for a service which uses an authenticator -- like Amazon's AWS, GitHub, or Twitch -- and avoid having to download a company-specific app to generate codes for you. These applications are very handy because the growing number of accounts which use 2FA would otherwise cause a large number of custom authentication applications on users' phones, all essentially performing the same task. One of these applications is called Authy. Another such app which is developed by Google is called Google Authenticator. Both of these (and others) can be found on the Google Play Store. Can you guys please allow a way of using nonproprietary applications as authentication devices? I'm not a computer security expert, but I request that before dismissing this idea as insecure, you look into how and why it can be supported by services like AWS, whose users have a much higher ceiling on what they can lose should their 2FA be somehow compromised (somewhere around the "our entire company's infrastructure" level) than users of Thanks for reading!beo227 6d
6d Bug Bounty Program ? Is there any Bug Bounty program that rewards people for finding Serious security bugs in blizzard products ? (working in IT and just found one)Trickster791 6d
6d Draconian social media measures Greetings, I understand that Blizzard has begun to issue fines and bans for actions taken, by players of Blizzard games, on non-Blizzard services. I've been a fan of Blizzard since the days of original Warcraft. I never would have considered that the company that earned tremendous good will starting with "buddy installs" would have destroyed that goodwill by transforming from a trusted company, to a draconian one I cannot. I was against real name IDs & disappointed by the shoe horning in of always on DRM in Diablo 3. Monitoring what people do while not on your platforms, however, is a bridge too far. I will not play, purchase or view another product from Blizzard while this policy stand. What I do in my spare time, on platforms they do not own, is not the business of my ENTERTAINMENT company. My solution is this. I will self ban so that Blizzard need never worry about snooping/stalking my social media presence. It's been a fun ride while it lasted. I thank you for all of the entertainment your products have provided over the years, but you're traveling down a path I cannot follow. Farewell.AhmNee1 6d
Mar 13 Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne Support The launcher would be more encompassing of all Blizzard games if older ones like Warcraft 3 were added. Giving support for these games may even help bring back players to them.Likhan20 Mar 13
Mar 13 BattleTag Asking for both Hangul and English? I'm trying to create a BattleTag for completely separate account and when I try and enter in my desired BattleTag this error comes up in red at the top: - 유효하지 않은 형식의 BattleTag입니다. 띄어쓰기 및 특수문자 없이 한글 2~6자, 영어 3~12자내로 입력해 주세요. The naming policy on this website says this: - BattleTag는 한글의 경우 2 ~ 8자, 영문은 3 ~ 12자 까지 사용 가능합니다 I've read several forums with people claiming you cannot use both lettering in the same BattleTag. Why is this saying this?AlterCydas1 Mar 13
Mar 13 Offline Separation I have been looking at how the Friends list section works and I am very hesitant to put multiple people in the "Favorites" section because when people are offline they just sit there and push the rest of the list down. If you created a "offline" section and have everybody offline there and when they come online they are immediately put in what ever group they are in then it will keep all the online people at the top plus have people separated into proper groups.Azmodan05881 Mar 13
Mar 13 Feature Request: Invite to Social Voice Chat Channel Hi, So I've invited all my friends to join my Social Tab Group. In the Group, I've created numerous voice chat channels. Right now, there's no way for me to invite my blizzard friends that are already in my Group to join a specific voice chat channel. Request: Ideally, I should be able to drag friends from my friends list into the channel, and they'd get a request to join voice chat. If drag/drop is too much development time, then at the very least, a drop down would be nice. It should go here: Side note: The UX to get voice chat started is a bit clunky right now. If I use the Social tab to find a friend, and attempt to start a voice chat with him/her, I cannot. Here's what I'm talking about: The *only* way to start a voice chat is to right click from the Friends List. If I double clicked the friend on the Friends List, it will open up the same Social tab, where I cannot start a voice chat (see above picture). This seems rather odd.eNvy0 Mar 13
Mar 13 Add Classic Games To Launcher Please add classic games to the launcher like Diablo 2 and Warcraft / Starcraft. Thanks.Hieronious67 Mar 13
Mar 12 Help digital D2 Buying diablo2 again digital explain how I can play online and install to my android or laptop please?XxSurwubbxX0 Mar 12
Mar 12 Peering for South Africa Dear Blizzard Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. My name is Eben and i'm from South Africa, most people know me as RT9. I am the community leader for Diablo 3 South Africa, i'm also involved with multiple blizzard activities and games, we have over 1000+ South Africans on our facebook group for D3 and the same for Hearthstone South Africa and Heroes of the Storm South Africa just to name a few. I'm sure you know how big World of Warcraft and Starcraft in South Africa is. The blizzard games are growing even faster in South Africa then ever before and with Overwatch around the corner our biggest concern is latency and high ping in South Africa. I'm sure you are well aware of the problem. Over the years a lot of South African Players have asked you for a server and we received multiple answers, we understand the cost involved with setting up a server in South Africa will be too expensive, that's why we would like to urge you to look at a Peer to Peer system for South Africa, we know there was a discussion between The NAPAfrica Internet Exchange and Blizzard but we have no idea what the outcome was. The average ping in all the Blizzard games is between 180ms to 240ms ping which is pretty high and very frustrating to play on, most of South African players have a 4 Mbps line download but upload 512 Kbps the average South Africans spend between R600 to R1000 ( $43 to $72 ) on our ISP company's per month. So we would like to know what your point of view is regarding the Peering for South Africa and if you are at looking at peer to peer can you share any light on the subject, please it will be greatly appreciated. From Me and all the South Africans we would like to thank you for the amazing work you guys do in all the games and patches, we deeply appreciate it. Sincerely EbenRT9258 Mar 12
Mar 12 Time played? Is there a way to view "time played" for games on Blizzard. Steam keeps track of all hours logged to every game you play. If this feature isn't part of, It should be. Even PlayStation and Xbox keep track of hours played. I know it's a small feat/request. But it's a very nice feature to have.Karlastrophe12 Mar 12
Mar 12 Battlenet Apps opens so SLOW and LAGGY I dont know why, but my Battlenet Apps seems so SLOW and SLUGGISH, it's very different than before since Blizzard adds more feature to Battlenet apps like Social, Voice Chat, and Gifting. I have to wait long (5 seconds or more) to switch from one tab to another. I'm a communtiy admin, so I have a busy members to reply to, so it's very annoying to have wait lag like that. I think Blizzard have to make new platform, more simple and quick for faster switch from one tab to another. Anyone feel the same? or it's just me? Thanks.Callix0 Mar 12
Mar 12 where is the moira player icon in the bnet launcher just a small thing but where is itSPGG0 Mar 12
Mar 11 New Overwatch avatars? I was going to post this on the Overwatch forum, but figured it might be better to post it here since this is for the desktop application. I realized it has been a while since we've seen any new avatars added to the app, so I was wondering if you guys have any plans of introducing some new ones, Overwatch specifically. The last "new" character you have shown in the Overwatch section is Ana and we've had the following characters release since then: Sombra Orisa Doomfist Moira Brigitte (currently on PTR, but heading to live probably in a few days)Fenrir0 Mar 11
Mar 11 [Guide] Setting up 3rd Party Authenticator for For all you guys like me that want to use one app for all your 2FA codes, this is a little guide for how to setup your 3rd party authenticator for You'll need the following: A 3rd party authenticator that can generate 8 digit tokens. Google/Microsoft Authenticators do NOT support 8 digit codes. I recommend Authy, but others have done this with FreeOTP as well. Blizzard authenticator serial and restore code, which can be found in the Blizzard app (top right menu, click on serial and restore). Git, Python3, and pip (a python package manager) If you're on windows, install Cygwin and select the git, python3 and pip-python3 packages during the install If you're on OSX, easiest way is to install Homebrew which gives you a Debian-like package manager. Then pop open the terminal and brew install git and brew install python3. If you're on Linux, you already know what you're doing The near entirety of getting this to work comes down to Jeremy Leclanche's Python BNA app ( Fire up your terminal (Cygwin for us Windows guys) and get typing. > cd ~ > git clone > cd python-bna > python3 ./bin/bna At this point, if you get complaints about missing python modules, you'll need to install them with pip. In the example below, I try and run the bna app and python complains there's no bna package installed. So I use pip to install it. > python3 ./bin/bna Traceback (most recent call last): File "./bin/bna", line 8, in <module> import bna ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bna' > pip3 install bna You'll know everything is working okay when you see the script throw an error message at you saying you need to set up a new authenticator. > python3 ./bin/bna Error: You do not have any configured authenticators. Create a new one with 'bna --new' or try 'bna --help' for more informationWith that done, all that's left is to port your Blizzard authenticator to the bna app using the serial and restore code you got from the Blizzard app. Then you can generate the OTP url. > python3 ./bin/bna --restore US-1234-5678-9012 ABC123DEF456 > python3 ./bin/bna --otpauth-url otpauth://totp/ You have a couple of options for how to import this url into your authenticator app: Enter the secret manually into your authenticator app (given by secret= in the url). Authy users may have to manually change the account to 8-digits (see UPDATE 2). generate the QR code locally as described in the UPDATE 1 Use an online QR code generator (like, if you're okay with putting your 2fa secret out on the public interwebsOnce everything is setup, test it out once by logging into your account and if everything is good, then write/screenshot your serial and recovery code and then you can delete your Blizzard app. UPDATE 1 - Generating the QR code locally @Heresiarch pointed out that using an online QR code generator reduces the security of your authenticator since the URL you provide to the website contains the 2FA secret. The easiest way to alleviate this is to manually enter the secret into your 2FA app. If however you really like QR codes, copy the OTP url and use the following commands in the terminal to generate an SVG image. > pip3 install qrcode colorama > qr --factory=svg "otpauth://totp/" This will output a long stream of xml data. Paste this into an empty file and save the file as QR.svg. You can now open this with a browser to view your QR code. UPDATE 2 - Authy Users: Switching from 6- to 8-digit codes If your Authy mobile app added the account as a 6-digit token (normally happens when you enter the secret manually) you can change it to 8-digits using the Authy Desktop app or the Chrome plugin. After you add the account to you mobile app, open up the desktop app or the plugin and go into settings. You'll see the option to edit your accounts and when you do, you'll see the radio button for 8-digits.tazer8420 Mar 11
Mar 11 Option to increase YouTube video size in app PLZ When watching embedded YouTube videos the screen is so small even when you go full-screen with, the video is so small in comparison. I like the idea of watching relevant news in the app but I shouldn't have to open my web browser and physically go to YouTube to see the same video in full screen. Now I understand the change might be out of your control cause you're just embedding the video from YouTube, but maybe blizz and youtube can work something out. Thanks in advance and sorry if this was already a thread, I tried searching but didn't find anything.Awalkingiant0 Mar 11
Mar 11 BattleTag - Character Limit Hello, Please consider increasing the character limit above 12. This really does limit some of us on choosing a great BattleTag. Thank you,Webshark44 Mar 11
Mar 11 Mobile App + Authenticator. It is very great to see a dedicated mobile app. One suggestion I have is, as I use both Mobile app and Blizzard Authenticator, I would like to see the functionality of the authenticator integrated with the mobile app. (Like how Steam mobile app comes with built-in two-factor authentication.)jerubball1 Mar 11
Mar 11 Blizzard We get it. But put back battle.nets logo We get your Blizzard Games. Every game has your mark on it displaying it as such. But Changing the battle net logo to the classic but ugly blizzard logo is a bit much. Please just revert it to the battle net logo. even if you still call it the blizzard app. which ending something in App is still stupid for PC, even if it is an application its kinda bleh. but I digress. You can put the name to what ever you like. but the logo looks extremely ugly especially next to other logo's. look at Steam, Orign, League of legends, Crome, or most modern applications Simple design that gets across who you are. Just.. Please don't be so insecure that you need to put your blizzard games logo on my desktop.Naomi374 Mar 11
Mar 11 Hunter Class Mount I was so excited to get this mount. The quest was well designed and fun and the thing looks friggin sweet. Then I tried flying with it.... Why on Azeroth does this thing need spiked shoulderpads? Why do they clip into it? Was the model submitted and a supervisor sent it back because it didn't meet a spike quota? Seriously, the mount is friggin sweet but this just ruins it. I have not used my sweet wolf hawk manbearpig since I got it because this animation just ruins it for me and it's all i can see.Paintrain0 Mar 11
Mar 11 Gift icon not dissapearing even after I've claimed it it is kinda annoying :(Finn0 Mar 11