Feedback Discussion

May 13, 2014 Welcome: Please read! Welcome to the Feedback Discussion forum for the Battle.net desktop app! Before participating in the discussion, please be sure to read our forum Code of Conduct, and refer to the Beta FAQ and Known Issues list here before posting to see if your issue is already covered.Aratil0 May 13, 2014
Oct 1 New Features Now Live - Notification center, Gifs, @mentions and more! With this update, we're excited to release a host of new features aimed at making your social experiences more fun - and we've fixed a few bugs along the way! Read on for more details: Notification Center Chat messages, group invites, mentions, and friends requests - oh my; a lot is happening and we want to make sure you don't miss a beat. Check out the the notification center at top right of App. It's your one stop shop for Social! Giphy Support If a picture is worth a thousand words, is a GIF woth a million? In chats, click the GIF icon to browse Giphy and find the perfect image in Jraphic Interchange Format. Pro tip: Type "/giphy" followed by a search term to roll the dice on a random GIF! Are you feeling lucky? Link Previews We know sharing is hard, so we've made it easier. Many links will now preview content in line - start sharing your favorite YouTube, Twitch, and Imgur links! Mentions @All, we did it! You can @mention group members, moderators, and leaders in Blizzard Groups! Patching Improvements We've also improved our patching process to make it less intrusive. Most app updates will no longer require an immediate restart — except this one (sorry). New News We're bringing the updated Blizzard News experience to the Battle.net App! Blizzard News combines the latest news across all of Blizzard's franchises, eSports, and community initiatives. App Feedback Portal The Blizzard community has some of the most impassioned gamers in the world - and we love it. There is never a shortage of feedback, so we've added an in-app feedback portal in the Blizzard dropdown. We've shipped a lot of new features this patch, so head over to the feedback portal and let us know what you think! (You always do...) Bug Fixes: Joining voice in a group channel is now more responsive. Deleted messages no longer lose their identifier when the channel is refreshed. Fixed an issue where users would not be able to dismiss expired group invites. Resolved an issue where user's tooltips would fail to display when hovering over their avatarsExeliran7 Oct 1
3h Estimated Download Time Add an estimated download time when downloading games. I'm downloading Hearthstone now, and can only see the remaining amount of data and the download speed. I know you can technically calculate it yourself from that, but it's much more convenient to have the program do it. It's nice to see at a glance how much time is left before you can play. Estimated download time is shown pretty much everywhere else, so not sure why it's missing here.Viannah46 3h
12h Overwatch free trial. Overwatch free trial. I have been playing RTSes and RPGs for 2 decades. Never got into FPS. Now i own and play every blizzard game except overwatch. People are really enthused about it. And you know, its a blizzard game, maybe its really good, maybe it could get me into RTS. But i also didnt update my hardware in 6 years. (And am not planning to do so anytime soon since it runs everything else i play fine) So ye, im not going to pay 60 euros to try a game that i really dont know if i will like it and my PC might not even handle. Im sure im not alone and any form of free trial will help you sell more.TheAlchemist16 12h
14h Battle Tag length increase. I don't think I'm the only person that wouldn't mind an increase in length of Battle Tags. Currently it is limited to a 12 character length. I have a username that I use everywhere else... social media, Twitch, Steam, Discord, etc. Literally *every other account* I have uses the same name. It's not the name I use here on Battle Net. Why? Because the character limit is 12 & my username everywhere else is 14 characters long.Deathengine16 14h
14h Feed back on your games, overwatch reporting system. I use to love playing WOW games. I had over 14,000 hours in WOW up until Legion. Mist of Pandaria was not only the greatest expansion I played but I would say it was by far the best PvP game I have ever played. Legion removed all the keybinds and ruin the skill cap and I no longer enjoyed the game, haven't been back since. I picked up overwatch and the game it's self was fun. The experience after losing a match and watching people bully other people with the reporting system was disheartening. Being able to be toxic not only to your team but the team your facing was a terrible idea. You shouldn't be able to chat with the other team. After losing a match people would bully the person that they think lost them the game, and if they faced that same person next round, they would bully them. Sure enough most times the person(s) were successful in bullying and everyone reports that one person, exponentially if that person tries to defend their self. To sum up overwatch, I dont' know anyone that has ever played the game and felt better after a queue session. Often times youre upset and feeling unsettled. I uninstalled the game. I had a good run, maybe someday I'll enjoy a blizzard game like I did World of Warcraft.stopsigns0 14h
22h hey blizzard one day we can add more than 200 friends? 200 is too little, increase this limit pleaseHenrique3 22h
1d [BUMP] LET US HIDE GAMES IN BNET LAUNCHER [BUMP] LET US HIDE GAMES IN BNET LAUNCHER Dear Blizz, Please let me hide games in the launcher that I do not want to see. Some of us want to ignore games for a variety of reasons. We understand that your revenue and marketing team will have push-back, because ya know less exposure and potential opportunity revenue loss blah blah blah. STOP BEING A CORPORATE MONSTER. CARE ABOUT US! 1. Dont want to see WoW, because I made a choice to not play it. I dont want to be tempted. 2. Diablo III - I dont want to see it. I play D2 and PoE. 3. W3 - You wont LET MY BUY the expansion to W3, so why even tease me about W3 remaster? 4. SC2 - Whatever decent game :D 5. HOTS - LOL DELETE 6. HEARTHSTONE - LOL BLIZZ MONEY GRAB DELETE. 7. OW - Decent Game. ;D 8. ACTIVISION GAMES?! GTFOBocksington6 1d
1d Add Classic Games To Launcher Please add classic games to the launcher like Diablo 2 and Warcraft / Starcraft. Thanks.Hieronious115 1d
2d Hide Games in Launcher Please implement a way to hide certain games in the launcher.Zephir88 2d
2d WHERE IS BLIZZARD WHERE IS BLIZZARD CMS? WHERE IS BLIZZARD PR?!?! WHAT IS HAPPENING?? WHY WONT YOU RESPOND TO OUR CONCERNS ABOUT THE STATE OF THIS COMPANY?PnutButrPun0 2d
2d Start Menu Shortcut not created (B.net + Black Ops 4) There seems to be issues getting the Battle.net shortcut to appear on the start menu. When installing Battle.net, if you do not select Create desktop shortcut, it also does not create a start menu shortcut. The desktop shortcut option should not be linked with the creation of a start menu shortcut! The start menu shortcut should be created by default in all cases, or there should be a separate option to disable the start menu shortcut. This also seems to be an issue with installing new games as well. When I installed Black Ops 4, I did not select create a desktop shortcut, and it also does not appear in the start menu. After installation, if I try to create a desktop shortcut through the game options, it doesn't create a start menu shortcut. This doesn't match the behavior create desktop option of the battle.net installation.Inceptron0 2d
2d Battle.Net "Activision removal? Way to permanently remove the "Activision" list from my Battle.net? Im not sure when it showed up, but I dont, and never will, own an Activision product.. Frankly, if I could play the games I have now without the app, I would.. Id like to keep the list short, and clean as possible..Rizilliant2 2d
2d Who are you... and what did you do with Blizzard? As a quiet gamer who usually tries to stay away from drama, I had to make an exception for this post. Where did Blizzard go? At what point did it become ALL about the money? I understand its a business and money is always a factor, but when did it become so much so that the die hard fans that have played your games for DECADES just have to walk away? Is it Activision? Is it trying to appeal to younger audiences? I honestly do not know. Whatever the case may be... You are running your fans into the ground. Oh how the mighty have fallen...ToHigh2Deny1 2d
2d [Guide] Setting up 3rd Party Authenticator for Battle.net For all you guys like me that want to use one app for all your 2FA codes, this is a little guide for how to setup your 3rd party authenticator for Battle.net. You'll need the following: A 3rd party authenticator that can generate 8 digit tokens. Google/Microsoft Authenticators do NOT support 8 digit codes. I recommend Authy, but others have done this with FreeOTP as well. Blizzard authenticator serial and restore code, which can be found in the Blizzard app (top right menu, click on serial and restore). Git, Python3, and pip (a python package manager) If you're on windows, install Cygwin and select the git, python3 and pip-python3 packages during the install As an alternative to Cygwin, Windows 10 users can use the Ubuntu Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 (see UPDATE 3) If you're on OSX, easiest way is to install Homebrew which gives you a Debian-like package manager. Then pop open the terminal and brew install git and brew install python3. If you're on Linux, you already know what you're doing The near entirety of getting this to work comes down to Jeremy Leclanche's Python BNA app (https://github.com/jleclanche/python-bna). Fire up your terminal (Cygwin for us Windows guys) and get typing. > cd ~ > git clone --branch 4.1.0 https://github.com/jleclanche/python-bna.git > cd python-bna > python3 ./bin/bna At this point, if you get complaints about missing python modules, you'll need to install them with pip. In the example below, I try and run the bna app and python complains there's no bna package installed. So I use pip to install it. > python3 ./bin/bna Traceback (most recent call last): File "./bin/bna", line 8, in <module> import bna ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bna' > pip3 install bna You'll know everything is working okay when you see the script throw an error message at you saying you need to set up a new authenticator. > python3 ./bin/bna Error: You do not have any configured authenticators. Create a new one with 'bna --new' or try 'bna --help' for more informationWith that done, all that's left is to port your Blizzard authenticator to the bna app using the serial and restore code you got from the Blizzard app. Then you can generate the OTP url. > python3 ./bin/bna --restore US-1234-5678-9012 ABC123DEF456 > python3 ./bin/bna --otpauth-url otpauth://totp/Battle.net:US123456789012:?secret=ASDFGHASDF1243ASDFH1413XAF&issuer=Battle.net&digits=8 You have a couple of options for how to import this url into your authenticator app: Enter the secret manually into your authenticator app (given by secret= in the url). Authy users may have to manually change the account to 8-digits (see UPDATE 2). generate the QR code locally as described in the UPDATE 1 Use an online QR code generator (like http://goqr.me/), if you're okay with putting your 2fa secret out on the public interwebsOnce everything is setup, test it out once by logging into your battle.net account and if everything is good, then write/screenshot your serial and recovery code and then you can delete your Blizzard app. UPDATE 1 - Generating the QR code locally @Heresiarch pointed out that using an online QR code generator reduces the security of your authenticator since the URL you provide to the website contains the 2FA secret. The easiest way to alleviate this is to manually enter the secret into your 2FA app. If however you really like QR codes, copy the OTP url and use the following commands in the terminal to generate an SVG image. > pip3 install qrcode colorama > qr --factory=svg "otpauth://totp/Battle.net:US123456789012:?secret=ASDFGHASDF1243ASDFH1413XAF&issuer=Battle.net&digits=8" This will output a long stream of xml data. Paste this into an empty file and save the file as QR.svg. You can now open this with a browser to view your QR code. UPDATE 2 - Authy Users: Switching from 6- to 8-digit codes If your Authy mobile app added the account as a 6-digit token (normally happens when you enter the secret manually) you can change it to 8-digits using the Authy Desktop app or the Chrome plugin. After you add the account to you mobile app, open up the desktop app or the plugin and go into settings. You'll see the option to edit your accounts and when you do, you'll see the radio button for 8-digits. UPDATE 3 - Using the Ubuntu Linux Subsystem ...tazer8435 2d
2d Battle.net launcher stealing focus Under what I believe is the default behaviour for the Battle.net launcher, it is minimised when you start a game and restored 5-10 seconds after you close the game. When this occurs, the launcher gains focus even if you have already given focus to something else. And when you press enter in the launcher this activates the "launch game" button. This is a bit annoying because if you try to do something else immediately after closing a game, the launcher will pop up, stealing focus from whatever window you were typing in, and interpret your keypresses intended for that other window as a request to restart the game you just closed.ForPortal0 2d
3d Being Banned So this is an extremely old issue, but just some background before I start... I played WoW from vanilla to about mid WotLK. I quit because of time constraints irl. A few years later I wanted to try WoW out again, I was a few expansions behind but eager to play. I buy the latest expansion and try to log in, only to find out I'm banned? (Now this was about a year or so after I had quit playing). So the only thing I could think of was thinking back to playing Diablo 3 where my account was hacked and I had logged in with my character having nothing (this was back in the time of the real money auction house and everything). I contacted a GM and was able to restore my character and finally added the mobile authentication app to my account. It was some time after this that I wanted to revisit WoW when I found out I was banned. I tried to repeal this, but was only told that the evidence against me was sufficient and it was defiantly me that hacked or whatever (because they still never told a direct reason why I was banned, so I can only guess). I'm not sure why this case was so cut-and-dry from Blizzard's side. I wish they would have at least provided me with the evidence they had, that I had done something wrong (which I still don't even know what that is) so I could have at least tried to defend myself. I almost think it should have been self evident. Me having hundreds, almost 1000+ hours played and then at the end flagged for whatever it was. Doesn't blizzard have logs with my IP? Surely that would have been different. Me playing normally for years with this exact same IP range and then suddenly, boom a different IP, with ban-able behavior and around the same time of hacking of my Diablo account.. I mean I kind of get it, I know enough about computers to exploit a situation like this, perhaps I played normal for all those years then got a VPN and tried to hack, but that is simply not what happened. So I guess all I can say is I DO NOT expect my account to be reinstated.. don't even think I would play if it did. But just to inform that I was wrongly banned, truly, and maybe you should take a look at my case to prevent it from happening in the future. I think I'll come back for WoW classic, and hopefully with the authentication app this will never happen to me again, But I honestly never cheated or hacked or whatever the accusation was, but was banned. I tried to repeal and was denied. At the very least I wish Blizzard would provide more evidence as to why this happened so I could at least "try" to defend myself.Kramer2 3d
3d Heroes of The Storm queue time Since the last patch, Heroes of The Storm queue time has increased drastically for "quick" matches. To the point where you have to wonder if you can even it call it quick anymore. They didn't really offer an explanation why they decided to change their matchmaking priority, but I am guessing it has something to do with unbalanced teams and whatnot. The problem is: matchmaking still doesn't guarantee a fair team , but your queue time keeps increasing. Just the other day we were paired up against a team that completely counterpicked us. We basically did not play, we just died going out of the fountain... Which is fine. What's not fine is that I had to wait 6 minutes in queue just to "not play". Also, that whole 5 man team not bound by the rules just makes the matchmaking even more unfair and unbalanced.Iroxsmyth0 3d
3d Is 64-bit battle.net desktop application available? I had just finished installing Windows 10 for my PC yesterday. And hours ago I found battle.net (app) (32 bit) in Win 10 might influence the speed and flowing of some of my other apps that requiring WIFI. I know there is a 64 bit version for WOW already; however, is there any 64 bit version of battle.net for PC available now? If not I'd like to know whether it will be launched in the future. ThanksFrediato3 3d
4d Download scheduler Hi, I would like to request a feature of the client to be the ability to schedule what times of day I update a game. I'm not sure how internet plans work in other regions, but in Australia it is common to have internet plans that have monthly download limits that can be used during peak times and non-peak times. For example, my plan is 250GB (125/125, on/off-peak). Meaning 125GB can be used between 8am - 2am 125GB can be used between 2am - 8am Obviously this means I want to update my games and download games in off-peak to let me stream when I will be awake. If a feature such as a download pre-scheduler would be possible, it would be greatly appreciated by me. Thank you.Drakor56 4d
4d I want to hide games not by Blizzard Stop wasting people's time with forced advertisements for your parent company and respect customers. Thanks.Desu1 4d
4d Patch problem, and the ignorence of blizzard. Last patch ruined custom games. I hope that blizzard notices this feedback and changes the patch like it was. After patching, when i try go to custom games, the lobby looks horrible. All the games are shown as (eu,america etc). Takes ages to find those old good custom games, and allmost all of them has been dissapeared, example [bk]lediontd etc. I cant simply belive that the new layout of custom game lobby could benefit w3, and i hope, truly hope that its not the layout on the future reforced, which ive pre-ordered. At the moment, game has been unplayable for customgame lover like myself, And have not even opened the client. It's sad how blizzard threads this game which gave them the fundemential to the future games. -Sorry about the bad english.Moon0 4d
4d Wc3 Login Error. file:///C:/Users/Xtreme%20Gamer/Pictures/Camera%20Roll/wtf%20blissard.png Trying to login to my WC3 account and I'm getting this "There was an error in handling the request (6.8) " This has been going since last week friday Blissard. Fix my !@#$.Infinity0 4d
4d Third party authenticator support I realize that this doesn't have anything to do directly with the Battle.net Desktop App, but the limited selection of forums leaves this as the nearest option, and the answerer of my support ticket told me that the Battle.net forums are the place to request this. I hope that it can get forwarded to the correct parties. I would like to use a third party authenticator instead of the official Battle.net Authenticator for Android. There are several applications that let you scan the QR code for a service which uses an authenticator -- like Amazon's AWS, GitHub, or Twitch -- and avoid having to download a company-specific app to generate codes for you. These applications are very handy because the growing number of accounts which use 2FA would otherwise cause a large number of custom authentication applications on users' phones, all essentially performing the same task. One of these applications is called Authy. Another such app which is developed by Google is called Google Authenticator. Both of these (and others) can be found on the Google Play Store. Can you guys please allow a way of using nonproprietary applications as authentication devices? I'm not a computer security expert, but I request that before dismissing this idea as insecure, you look into how and why it can be supported by services like AWS, whose users have a much higher ceiling on what they can lose should their 2FA be somehow compromised (somewhere around the "our entire company's infrastructure" level) than users of Battle.net. Thanks for reading!beo264 4d
4d Please remove cross game ads I have no interest in seeing a destiny 2 ad in my feed for SC2. The two games aren't related by any means. I would prefer to only have news and updates and specials displayed for the game I currently have selected. If that isn't possible. that I would like the ability to hide an ad. You can do this sort of thing in facebook and google where you say this ad isn't relevant to me and then you wont see it again.MooCow2 4d
5d Can't remove mobile authenticator since my old phone was stolen i want to make a ticket but i can't since the the web-ticket needs the SMS code(and i don't have the phone) nor the autentication code. Hell i can't even use the live chat because is not avaliable at the moment... all i want to do is link my new cell phone number to my account so i can actually install Warcraft III since this game asks me to log in to battlenet then asks me for my authenticator. Also, i need to change my country linked to my account since im living in Peru. the prefix here is +51 while in USA is +1SlayerSChris2 5d
6d problem of simultaneous events events happening simultaneously, is bad for those who play 2 or more games, so I suggest that in the period in which 2 or more games have events happening simultaneously, play 1 also in the rewards in the others for example I play overwatch and heroes of the storm, when playing 10 matches in one of them also I get 1 box in the other and the limit of the list of friends is small, for those who play several games or for a long time always have to delete friends to add new ones, please increase this limit I'm using google translator, sorry if any of the sentences are wrongHenrique0 6d
6d StarCraft idea If StarCraft has a game outside of rts, what if instead of how wow went as an orpg, it became an arpg? Just a thought.ToeFoo0 6d
6d New Destiny Profile Picture Options I really wish there were more Destiny 2 profile picture options. Mara Sov, Uldren, Petra Venj, Riven, the Drifter, Calus. Dul Incaru or even Oryx and Eris Morn would be nice. There's so many that would be cool to use, but all that is available is the standard D2 campaign characters. Hopefully someone sees this and knows if there is any way to make this happen!Budrikk0 6d
6d Battle.net download for Chromebook? Hi I have a Windows 10 computer but recently got a laptop for a Chromebook OS. I just wanted to let developers of the game to know that if they would add Battle.net to be allowed to install just like a Mac or Windows computer on a Chromebook it would be greatly appreciated.Squidzrule1 6d
Dec 4 "Hide" a game While I like the app, please allow us to "hide" a game from the left side of the app. For instance: Social interaction in MMO's are toxic, and I don't want to play them. Add an option to "hide" WoW.Echobat86 Dec 4
Dec 3 When is adding Friends cap getting updated?!?! The last Five BlizzCons I go to Battle.net employee area or find someone who is involved in that Team. I ask for adding more friends and or make the cap Unlimited. This last BlizzCon it was a big talk around that team said they will increase it and make some new changes for each game. I would like to know when that is please. I am tired of deleting friends and or people that maybe gone for Xmonths. Due to some real life issue and I have to delete due to making a new friend. I have literally a notepad fill of battle.net #numbers and separate account with friends that I moved over to that so I know when they're on. Any word or update please? Thanks, KidBlueKidBlue1 Dec 3
Dec 3 Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne Support The launcher would be more encompassing of all Blizzard games if older ones like Warcraft 3 were added. Giving support for these games may even help bring back players to them.Likhan29 Dec 3
Dec 3 Implement a refresh button Blizzard app is a really good way to see when your friends get online so you can play together. However sometimes the Blizzard App does not update the status of friends because, in my case on android, if one exits the app by pressing the Home button it sometimes does not update my friend's game statuses. I'd really like a refresh button implemented so I don't have to open and close the app.Guthix0 Dec 3
Dec 2 Linux Support for Blizzard Games The question of Linux support comes up time and time again but I really think it is time that Blizzard actuallty supported Linux. Here is why. Drivers aren't an issue anymore One of the big reasons that people didn't want to use Linux was the poor state of graphics drivers. This isn't an issue anymore. The drivers have massively improved and the major performance differences that some games still show are down to the lower quality wrapper-based ports rather than the native ports (like those Valve did for their games). Vulkan The Vulkan API is the cross-platform versions of DirectX 12. These two APIs are the future of PC Games but Vulkan isn't restricted to Windows 10 like DX12 is. By using Vulkan, Blizzard can generate code that is multi-platform friendly and would make the job of creating and supporting Linux games much easier in the long run. Blizzard are also a member of the Khronos group, the people who publish the spec for the Vulkan API. Source: https://www.khronos.org/members/contributors Distro Fragmentation isn't an issue Another common argument for not using or supporting Linux is the number of distributions. While there are large number of options, the vast majority of Linux users use a small handful of distros that are very similar to each other. More importantly, Valve only officially support Ubuntu which makes their job easier while also reducing the diea who need to officially support every distribution that exists. Users are willing to test/support companies that support Linux There is a dedicated and growing community around Linux gaming that is willing to help developers, both finanically and constructively, who want to support. The community while buy the games while also do their best to report bugs or test development builds for upcoming or already existing games that are being ported. Blizzard are a massive company and they could easily grab the attention of this entire community and it would help to provide a lot of real world testing for them. Operating system choice is good Giving people the choice of using a non-Windows operating system to play Blizzard games is only a good thing. While you can use Mac OS X you do have to buy an Apple Mac to use it (in line with the license agreement anyway). This is important because Windows 10 and the upgrade tactics have drawn a lot of negative attention to Microsoft. There is an even growing number of people who are switching to Linux or at least considering it. However, there is one problem. Linux has (or had) a chicken and egg problem. Nobody uses it because nobody develops for it which leads to nobody developing for it as nobody uses it. While Valve and other companies have been changing this by porting games to Linux, a company as large as Blizzard porting their games to Linux would do wonders for this movement and would really send a signal to games and developers alike to actually take Linux seriously as a gaming platform. The benefit of doing this is that the users have more choice as to what operating system they run on their computer without having to make sacrifices. You can run the games via WINE but that isn't perfect whereas a native port would allow for Linux Gamers to enjoy the best possible Blizzard experience without having to install/use Windows. Linux Market Share Growth While the accuracy of web based statistics for operating ysstem use is questionable, the usage graph that will be linked below shows that Linux now has more than 2% of the market share on desktop operating systems. This is, again, a sign of progress. Source: https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=9&qpcustomb=0&qpsp=187&qpnp=24&qptimeframe=MJohners219 Dec 2
Dec 2 Black Ops 4 Refund Hello, I should start probably by saying that I know that I will not get a refund this way but I am just trying to raise an awareness of how you will be treated if you have issues that make this game unplayable and request a refund. So, my issue with the game is that although my PC specs match minimal requirements, the game does not perform at all making it unplayable even on the lowest of low settings (My PC specs can be found below). After trying to optimize the settings and trying it out, my game time was 2h 5m. I decided to contact Blizzard about possible refund, I was instantly declined by the automatic refund function that said that I played the game for too long, which is just outrageous as all of this time I was waiting in the lobbies of Blackout mode, trying out different settings and desperately struggling to enjoy the game with 10-15fps spikes. After this let down I made the ticket and I was told that they cannot do the refund due to my game time being too high. So I asked what is the threshold of being eligible, I was given an answer that my game time was over 4 hours and it is too high. Ok... So I checked my spent in-game time and it was 2h 5m. Lie ? Misinformation ? I don't know. I made the ticket again but this time it was different. I could sense the rudeness and unprofessionalism of GM from his first sentence. ... I do not think, it is a fact supported by set of screenshots. So he said that even if I played only 1 hour still they would not be able to give me a refund. Slight difference in numbers in all of their responses. So I asked this GM what is the threshold. I was not given an answer. I explained that it is their game that I purchased through Battle.net that is failing to deliver and it would be impossible to foresee the issues with the game without actually clicking "Play" and joining the game. I was told that I will not be given a refund. So to end this post. I would like to say that I held Blizzard in high regard since I started playing WoW almost 10 years ago but what happened today gave me a sour taste in my mouth and made me feel disrespected as a customer and a gamer. I do not understand how I cannot refund a game that is unplayable for me in this present time. PC Specs: Intel i5 7600K 3.80Ghz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10Cr3ative5 Dec 2
Dec 2 Anyway to check how long a group member has been offline? I created a battle.net group for tranmog grouping when BFA launched so that people who are interested in getting Legion transmogs can easily group together. The group is pretty active while we have more and more people join in. Since we have reached the max amount of 1000 members in the group, I want to remove some members that are inactive for a while. But I find out that unlike friend list, the offline status in group doesn’t show how long a member has been offline… Is there anyway to check how long a member has been offline? It is inconvenient as we can only see the online status. An active group doesn't need consistently inactive members. Nathaniel1 Dec 2
Nov 30 Diablo II not showing in Battle.net desktop App Hey guys, It might just be me but my Diablo 2 LOD doesn't have a tab in my Battle.net desktop App. As the original StarCraft does show, I was wondering if there is something I have done wrong. The game runs without problems. Thanks in advanceReaper35 Nov 30
Nov 30 Gear shop price bugs(misleading)? I was trying to purchasing some gifts from the gear shop, and since there are deals for Black Friday & Cyber Mondays. So there's a different deal on a specific section each day, I had my eyes on the "Overwatch Throw Blanket" as it had a discount of 50% (which came down to $35) & thought there would be an additional discount of 30% if I waited till 27th of November (which had an 30% on home goods & made sense that I wait since I had to pay international shipping fees). But to my disappointment, instead of having the the additional discount, they only discounted the original price ($70) a 30% which came down to a $49, which now was more expensive than the previous discount. Also if you hover over the Black Friday& Cyber Monday section and click on the 50% off section, you can find this item at $49 which is very MISLEADING as it is not 50%off but only 30% off now. I find this very misleading as it disagrees with the consumer rights (false advertising) and that now I would need to change my gifts options too. I hope that I can get some feedback regarding about this issue as I was directed by a GM to post this in the forum to get the proper response (from marketing/gear store team) so that I would not have this issue again in the future.Speeddemon2 Nov 30
Nov 30 Guess it's time to drop Blizzard. I've been a customer since the original starcraft in the 90's. Now it seems, as of the last past few weeks (haven't had this problem before) I cant get the stupid blizzard app to start, and when I do, the games are slow as hell. STEAM works fine, in fact I'm really looking forward to Doom 2. Starcraft 2, I used to play for fun on a down night, but at this point, the problems you have created on your end with patches, no vpn etc, aren't worth fixing. I can get a plethora of games, some better than yours, without the hassle with steam. Not to mention consoles. It was fun Blizz, I cannot recommend you anymore to anyone.Jackhammer0 Nov 30
Nov 29 Advanced UAV or hack in kill cam in Blackout A few times when I was killed, there is what appears to be Advanced UAV in kill cam in Blackout. Everyone is showed in red triangles, also which directions the triangles are facing. I'm only able to find one comment about it on reddit. Is this a hack or how can I access this advanced uav, i'm confuzzledSpacelord2 Nov 29
Nov 29 Major issues with blizzard client that havent been adressed So, for what seems like forever now the blizzard client has had major issues that no one from the blizzard crew has addressed, for example, hundreds, maybe thousands of destiny 2 players being unable to download the updates for the game without doing some backwards method such as uninstalling the app, verifying the game cache 20 times or moving the file out of its location and then installing and moving it back, honestly this in unacceptable. If you want to promote and sell Activision titles on your service I’m fine with that but they actually have to work in the first place. Or maybe the issue where the showcase items dont load, personally i dont look at them myself but its useful for news on hearthstone when new expansions are coming out.EgnaroGod0 Nov 29
Nov 28 Something went wrong So for the past 4 days I have had a serious issue. I am now forced to go to the store to purchase time cards and CANNOT make in-game purchases using my card that I have before. To state my card is a debit card issued to me from work that has a credit function to it. The issue: Everytime I try to add my card that up until 4 days ago was working 100% without issue. I updated my card information and since then after I enter my card info as a saved payment it ALWAYS gives me "Something ent wrong, please use a different pay method or try again later." and nothing ever changes. The steps i've taken were I went INTO my bank card online and updated my info, went back and made sure WORD FOR WORD the info I put in for my payment matched what it said on my card. SO far NO ONE has been able to fix my issue and it continues. The devs are no help either, I have even been hung up on in phone calls I have been exited out from online chat's and all I can get from the development team is "I don't know what the problem is." Also I HAVE called my bank and asked if there was a block or hold. No there is NO BLOCK from blizzard or ANY internet purchases (I literally used it yesterday night 12-13-2017 to make a purchase on Steam) and it all went through fine. Can ANYONE help me since my faith in the blizzard team is 100% gone.FateStayNier2 Nov 28
Nov 28 BattleTag - Character Limit Hello, Please consider increasing the character limit above 12. This really does limit some of us on choosing a great BattleTag. Thank you,Webshark63 Nov 28
Nov 28 Time played? Is there a way to view "time played" for games on Blizzard. Steam keeps track of all hours logged to every game you play. If this feature isn't part of battle.net, It should be. Even PlayStation and Xbox keep track of hours played. I know it's a small feat/request. But it's a very nice feature to have.Karlastrophe42 Nov 28
Nov 28 Warcraft Remastered and the older versions Hello, since WoW's current expansion is still in beta, Diablo and Sc are dead and Hots has become extremely boring and one dimesional, I'm rediscovering how great Warcraft 3 was. I'm considering prepurchasing the remastered version so here's my suggestion, as many I don't have access to battlenet on my w3 client, I think it's reasonable to include the older games (RoC and Tft) within the remastered purchase, it seems really excessive to pay for the 2 older games AND purchase the remastered version of said older games. Just a thought.Xan1 Nov 28
Nov 27 Destiny 2 refund requirements are outrageous. Honestly this has to be a joke, you have to have played to maximum level of 8 and your refund needs to be within 72 hours. With being level 8 you have no idea about the game, you won't know if the end-game content is gonna be fun or not. It's like leveling a character in WoW to level 8 and deciding the game is bad (you haven't seen 99.9% of the game). I stopped playing Destiny 2 a week or so after release because there was little to no end-game content and the grind for gear seemed pointless. Only 1 month after release a 30$ DLC tried to fix that (come on people do you have to take money for every little bit of content you put into games?) and now i've even read that the People that didn't buy the DLC are getting locked out of end-game content because of level requirements and gear and stuff? In my opinion this feels like a huge scam and it should be addressed somehow. I do understand that Blizzard does not have to allow refunds what so ever but they do it anyways, which is nice but you should let people at least try the game at 20 and still be eligible for a refund. sincerely, a very angry customerTAKATAK21 Nov 27
Nov 27 Destiny 2 Game File Transfer Hey, I'm seeming to have trouble with destiny 2. I have a 150GB data cap a month on my internet and since destiny is like 40GB, i can't really download it with taking up a good chunk of our data. So I discovered that you can get game files from another computer and use them to speed up the download time. Well, I got the Programfiles(x86)\Destiny2 folder from my friends computer and saw that folder was only 10GB. So my question is, where is the other 30GB at?RoboEyes4 Nov 27
Nov 27 New Feature Now Live - Clear Chat History We've heard your feedback! With today's release of the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop Application version 1.12.1.10246, you will now be able to clear chat history for 1-on-1 chats. To clear chat history, navigate to a 1-on-1 conversation and open the dropdown by the user's BattleTag or Real ID. Select "Clear Chat History" and confirm the prompt! Keep in mind that this will only clear your view of the chat and does not clear the history for both users. Keep the feedback coming!Exeliran10 Nov 27
Nov 27 Trust Level 3 I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's gotta be better then the GD WoW forums. A little background: a little more than a year ago, I received a 3 day suspension from the wow forums. I won't go into details but what I thought was a harmless joke and good fun *was* technically against the rules, so I got the banhammer. But what this means, is that I will NEVER ever be able to become trust level 3 on the WoW forums. I have never so much as been silenced in game but one infraction ban you from trust Level 3 for life? Its possible for people to learn from their mistakes. I kindly ask that the forum team perhaps look into adjusting the rule to "no suspensions in the last X months." Or whatever time seems appropriate. My dream is to one day be trsut level 3 so I can link gifs and images :)Tubbis0 Nov 27