Feedback Discussion

May 13, 2014 Welcome: Please read! Welcome to the Feedback Discussion forum for the Battle.net desktop app! Before participating in the discussion, please be sure to read our forum Code of Conduct, and refer to the Beta FAQ and Known Issues list here before posting to see if your issue is already covered.Aratil0 May 13, 2014
May 14 New Features Now Live - Notification center, Gifs, @mentions and more! With this update, we're excited to release a host of new features aimed at making your social experiences more fun - and we've fixed a few bugs along the way! Read on for more details: Notification Center Chat messages, group invites, mentions, and friends requests - oh my; a lot is happening and we want to make sure you don't miss a beat. Check out the the notification center at top right of App. It's your one stop shop for Social! Giphy Support If a picture is worth a thousand words, is a GIF woth a million? In chats, click the GIF icon to browse Giphy and find the perfect image in Jraphic Interchange Format. Pro tip: Type "/giphy" followed by a search term to roll the dice on a random GIF! Are you feeling lucky? Link Previews We know sharing is hard, so we've made it easier. Many links will now preview content in line - start sharing your favorite YouTube, Twitch, and Imgur links! Mentions @All, we did it! You can @mention group members, moderators, and leaders in Blizzard Groups! Patching Improvements We've also improved our patching process to make it less intrusive. Most app updates will no longer require an immediate restart — except this one (sorry). New News We're bringing the updated Blizzard News experience to the Battle.net App! Blizzard News combines the latest news across all of Blizzard's franchises, eSports, and community initiatives. App Feedback Portal The Blizzard community has some of the most impassioned gamers in the world - and we love it. There is never a shortage of feedback, so we've added an in-app feedback portal in the Blizzard dropdown. We've shipped a lot of new features this patch, so head over to the feedback portal and let us know what you think! (You always do...) Bug Fixes: Joining voice in a group channel is now more responsive. Deleted messages no longer lose their identifier when the channel is refreshed. Fixed an issue where users would not be able to dismiss expired group invites. Resolved an issue where user's tooltips would fail to display when hovering over their avatarsExeliran9 May 14
Jul 30 [b]Free mount for the purchase of 6 months of wow?[/b] It would be very good if they allowed to pay for this type of promotions with the Batle Net balance, because it helps players feel valued and have equal opportunities. Or take out two types of Promotions, one with the type of current payments, and another for those with a balance in your account.Lunatumba0 Jul 30
Jul 26 Back-Button needed in Blizzard Battle.net App Shop It is very annying to explore the shop within the battle.net app without a back button. E.g. I would like to check out some pets/mounts for WoW. Click on one mount and read details. Then? Go back to Frontpage, to go WoW, go to mounts, search next mount, click on it. Then? Go back to Frontpage, to go WoW, go to mounts, search next mount, click on it. Simple back button would be a tremendous improvement.chris5170 Jul 26
Jul 25 targeted ads can we avoid advertising from activision games via email? The battle app is blizzard's launcher why should we be pressed with ads from activisionVattenDrag0 Jul 25
Jul 24 I WAS LATE FOR AMERICAN REAPER!!! Dear Overwatch Team, I wasn't playing Overwatch for awile, until i decided to play it on July 24, 2019. When I was waiting for the update, I watch a video on the battle.net saying the summer event was going on and it had week excusive skins, icons and sprays. ON THE FIRST WEEK, Reaper had a american skin (Reaper is my favorite character, so I try to collect all of his skins) on the first week! I was on the 2nd week and I am slightly frusterated. Now, I just subcribed to your youtube channel to make sure this don't happen again. But, would it be posible if it and the other week excusive items could be eather avalible in the future on the next anniversary event or the next summer event where they can be purchasable? Or an extra week for players to unlock items they didn't get earlier. Thank you for reading this, and I hope you considered it. From, Werehog1Werehog10 Jul 24
Jul 23 Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne Support The launcher would be more encompassing of all Blizzard games if older ones like Warcraft 3 were added. Giving support for these games may even help bring back players to them.Likhan36 Jul 23
Jul 22 Delete chat history BUG with delete history from my private chat! I navigate to a 1-on-1 conversation and opened the dropdown by the user's BattleTag and then from Real ID. I selected "Clear Chat History" and confirmed the prompt but don t happend nothing. I speak on chat with a GM and told me to delete the catche and then reinstall the app. It doesn t work. The chat is still there. What can i do?Iulia1 Jul 22
Jul 20 Battlenet doesn't work in Windows XP and Vista. Hello all and sorry for my bad english. I know some people that lost their bought games because they still on Windows Xp and Vista, this way i loose my feel to buy games in battle.net because I know i will loose them later. I hope Batlenet doesn't do the same thing to windows 7, 8 and 10. It doesn't need more updates, just the games that we bought working.estevesPT4 Jul 20
Jul 20 Please let us hide our friends lists from others! The title says it all. I am very uncomfortable with this new friends finder feature. It feels like a violation of privacy, and the fact that I cannot hide my friends list from anyone makes it even worse. Turning myself invisible isn't enough. Please let us hide our friends lists from others!Derrek28 Jul 20
Jul 19 Non Compiled downloads? so i was about to download bo4 until i seen this massive 130gb download and i got confused why isnt it compiled into a smaller download like i dont really want to download 130gb when i only get like 4mbpsNightRaven2 Jul 19
Jul 17 Push to Talk Button Press Sound I would like to start off by saying thank you for adding this feature to game, but the sound that plays letting you know when you have depressed and released the push to talk button is somewhat disorientating and also kind of annoying. It would be nice to be able to disable the sounds and to be able to change them. Thank you for your time.Azati4 Jul 17
Jul 16 Desktop App for ending support version Windows Microsoft its Microsoft. You is not the Microsoft. Classic games be made for this operating versions. Why I need use this trasHeD HD versions Windows? me that no need. Classic games its Classic games.KiraroStyle2 Jul 16
Jul 16 Blackout bots As the player base for blackout on pc is very minor , i request the developers to please add some sort of bot support to black ops 4s blackoutNooker01091 Jul 16
Jul 15 Third party authenticator support I realize that this doesn't have anything to do directly with the Battle.net Desktop App, but the limited selection of forums leaves this as the nearest option, and the answerer of my support ticket told me that the Battle.net forums are the place to request this. I hope that it can get forwarded to the correct parties. I would like to use a third party authenticator instead of the official Battle.net Authenticator for Android. There are several applications that let you scan the QR code for a service which uses an authenticator -- like Amazon's AWS, GitHub, or Twitch -- and avoid having to download a company-specific app to generate codes for you. These applications are very handy because the growing number of accounts which use 2FA would otherwise cause a large number of custom authentication applications on users' phones, all essentially performing the same task. One of these applications is called Authy. Another such app which is developed by Google is called Google Authenticator. Both of these (and others) can be found on the Google Play Store. Can you guys please allow a way of using nonproprietary applications as authentication devices? I'm not a computer security expert, but I request that before dismissing this idea as insecure, you look into how and why it can be supported by services like AWS, whose users have a much higher ceiling on what they can lose should their 2FA be somehow compromised (somewhere around the "our entire company's infrastructure" level) than users of Battle.net. Thanks for reading!beo290 Jul 15
Jul 15 Same Username as somebody else? I know this probably sounds like a somewhat silly question but I want 100% confirmation before I spend $10 on a name change. I wanted to know if I could change my username to a name that somebody potentially already has (for example I want to change my name to Night and I assume people already have that name as it is very generic)LoonarNight1 Jul 15
Jul 15 i cant add friend i cant add a friend on battle.net, i can only invite mutual friends? Can you help me with that thxsilentarrow1 Jul 15
Jul 15 HS closes and restarts when adding friend Hello Team, HS closes and restarts (both PC & Android) when trying to add friend. The reason - "Sent Friend Requests" full of pending requests. (It kept every request made since since first beta :) ). 2 suggestions: 1 - Unanswered request expire over time 2 - Multiple item selection in "Sent Friend Requests" list, so you don't have to delete multiple requests 1 by 1. Best regards, PeterBanando0 Jul 15
Jul 13 Smurf accounts, why!? WHEN WILL BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING ABOUT SMURF ACCOUNTS!?ZACH0 Jul 13
Jul 13 i purchased protoss forged structures bundle i purchased protoss forged structures bundle but still i can't use forged console and Tal'darim decals please, unlock them. it's not complete tal'darim version. Why did you make it like this?Renatus0 Jul 13
Jul 13 +1 for Linux Support! Hi Blizzard! I recently switched to Linux. Please add another tally for users requesting native support. Thank you! :)Hostess1 Jul 13
Jul 9 New Feature Now Live - Clear Chat History We've heard your feedback! With today's release of the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop Application version 1.12.1.10246, you will now be able to clear chat history for 1-on-1 chats. To clear chat history, navigate to a 1-on-1 conversation and open the dropdown by the user's BattleTag or Real ID. Select "Clear Chat History" and confirm the prompt! Keep in mind that this will only clear your view of the chat and does not clear the history for both users. Keep the feedback coming!Exeliran15 Jul 9
Jul 5 Is there a way to hide black ops 4 As the title reads, is there a way for me to hide the logo? Cant find anything in option or for that matter an answer in reddit.Hausted91 Jul 5
Jul 5 still waiting for the oscar dude, blizzard cinematic division should get an oscar one day, that's what made me buy overwatch, and soon world of warcraft, and i don't regret itskywalker0 Jul 5
Jul 5 BattleTag - Character Limit Hello, Please consider increasing the character limit above 12. This really does limit some of us on choosing a great BattleTag. Thank you,Webshark77 Jul 5
Jul 3 Small Feature: Move Install Pretty self explainatory; allow the application to move the installation game folder from one drive to another. For an example, you buy a brand new hard drive and want to move your games from your main drive to this new drive. This feature will simply move the installation folder from that drive to the destinated location on another drive that the user gives. It makes it easier to move the games, especially for those who internet is not in favor to just redownload the games.Crimroxs7 Jul 3
Jul 2 Switch servers Hey. Can you fix so instead of logging out of your account just to switch to American or Asian or Europe server, can you instead do something that you can switch of the other servers faster instead of logging out. Thank you.DerpQueen0 Jul 2
Jul 1 Unable to open new ticket ? Loads forever and then throws me at a white page asking to allow chrome in my firewall and etc, is support down?JustV4L0 Jul 1
Jul 1 Cant join games My friend PhantomZx06 was stuck in that start of the comp when the game show us the team. He could’t join or pik a hero just see the teams in tje start nothing more and HE GETS A SUSPENSION FOR LEAVING IN 10 MIN FOR SOMETHING U IN BLIZZARD !@#$ED UP!!!!! WHAT IN THE HELL.ProGamer06YT0 Jul 1
Jul 1 Xbox one TOP 500 problem Hi my Xbox gamertag is Mc9OW and I need to be explained to couse i was TOP 500 this season 16 and i didnt get the TOP 500 icon or spray PMLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME OR I NEED TO REPORT THIS AS UR FOULT FOR BEING LAME PLEASE RESPOND TO MY MAIL Kimipynnonen@outlook.comProGamer06YT0 Jul 1
Jun 30 Skin trading Dear Blizzard with my friend, we have such an idea if it would be possible to add trading skins. It occurred to me that I wanted a skin for Hanza (Okami) and my friend wanted a skin for Hanza (Young Master) and we had an unfortunate coincidence that Young Master and my friend Okami fell to me. The trade system would function as a legend for legend, epic for epic and rare for rare. Thank you for your answer. -Matas and MatthewProstěMatyáš1 Jun 30
Jun 30 Refunds Hello, recently I was thinking about buying Overwatch. I heard lots of good about it and wanted to play it. Then I thought that maybe I wont enjoy the game (not because of players) and would like a refund. Here comes the question, will they refund me the money if I didnt enjoy the game and it wasn't what I expected?Lapisia1 Jun 30
Jun 30 Battle.net Desktop App for classic version Windows This is question and answer. After is wish. I want it back my original game is Warcraft 3 on to Battle.net from CD. I want it back maximal is 12 players on game. I no need that your afelas Reforged. I need just my perfect originally Warcraft.ikki1 Jun 30
Jun 30 Battlenet desktop app sucks I tried to log in to play my account it say cant connect if your not online. I'm leaving this feedback using the same pc I play on so I must be online. This happens at least three times a week. WOW is my getaway and I don't mind spending my money to play but, I believe if this keeps doing this to myself or any of your customers we should at least get free game time or lower rates.Shane1 Jun 30
Jun 28 Group Chat on the phone app PLEASE!!! I like to create groups with friends I been playing with, but it is so frustrating not to be able to chat or see the conversation from the battle net app on your phone. It doesnt make sense that you can have your conversations with your friends but not with the group, why do you even create the group option anyways? Please fix it.Blasha3 Jun 28
Jun 28 Free Sylverian Mount Sylverian Mount Free with 6 month sub? What about those of us that just re upped for 6 months on two different account? Or is it just about new money to you?rigsby0 Jun 28
Jun 27 Give option to hide Activi$ion games Just another petition, thanks.Desu0 Jun 27
Jun 26 Friend list sorting in battlenet / ingame Did the sorting method for online friends change recently? I feel like it used to filter people in the same game as you to the top, but now I have to scroll down to find people online who aren't away or on mobile. I can find the filter settings in battlenet but not in the wow client.Bertelbaby0 Jun 26
Jun 26 not join mid game pls blizzard make it an option to not joine an allready started game, i'm sick and tired of joining both loosing and wining teams...i wanna play for the start.Nordic1 Jun 26
Jun 26 Limit Bandwidth While in-game Option Hey Blizz, I'm here to ask for a Network Bandwidth option to limit Bandwidth while in game. This way we can play games and also slowly update the other games if we want to. If I set a low Bandwidth to update while in game it won't affect my latency so, why not? Something else that needs a fix: I can't see the Version/Patch Notes while updating a PTR game. (Overwatch) If I know what's in the patch notes I can decide if I want to continue downloading and test the new features or if I want to play the non-PTR version.Tratux1 Jun 26
Jun 26 Full block list problem. Yo, i have had the same problem for ages and no matter how many tickets i write it it doesn't seem to matter. My block list is full, it has been for ages, i can only block people by reporting them for verbal abuse, and thats really really annoying, because i dont wanna report all the people i wanna ignore, for instance if im playing heroes i dont wanna report negative players, but i do wanna ignore them. It seems pretty dumb that the block list for players have a limit? - is that something Blizzard could maybe remove?Beastheart2 Jun 26
Jun 25 Silent Installer or Unattended Installation Most softwares/applications have silent install switches that allow for automated unattended installations/deployments. The Blizzard App/ Battle.net app however doesn't (not that I know of after hours of googling and failed attempts). It would be great to have the Blizzard App have a silent install switches to accommodate large scale installation using deployment technologies like SCCM. Additional switches could also be incorporated to allow for installation logging to a desired log file. Most common examples of silent install switches are below. Battle.net-Setup.exe /s Battle.net-Setup.exe /silent Battle.net-Setup.exe /log "C:\InstallerLogging\Battle.net Install.log" Battle.net-Setup.exe /q Battle.net-Setup.exe /quiet Usually installers being passed switches this way will install applications with default settings. It could be taken one step further. An answer file switch, providing an answerfile that will have settings in it that the installer will read and answer as the installation is performed. Example below Battle.net-Setup.exe /s /answerfile:"C:\Battle.net Installer\Unattended_Install.ini" This would enable large scale installations for enterprise and education institutions. Side note, generally the blizzard app can auto update for any user, provided the system directories (Program Files (x86)\Blizzard App\), (ProgramData\Battle.net\) used have "All Users" Full control security permissions. In addition to any HKLM registry hives.Blade5 Jun 25
Jun 23 Can't change regional settings in app I live in the middle east for work but I play in Americas, since a few months ago all my information is showing in Arabic. I cant find a way to change the regional settings in the app, its really frustrating since I don't speak Arabic. https://imgur.com/SRGQEjwNeebux1 Jun 23
Jun 23 Option to turn off video in Desktop app. Please add an option to turn off video & twitch functions in battle.net app. App takes way too much memory and cpu time while being in background.WeryBigMonk4 Jun 23
Jun 23 Needs Google Authenticator support Blizzard needs Google Authenticator support, I don't want to install Blizzard's in house authenticator appSuperHiro2 Jun 23
Jun 23 I'm done with your games. Hello, I've been a customer for a long time and i have to say I am very disappointed with the way this company have been heading. Your games dont work on my system eventhough i meet all requirements or exceed them. I have tons of games that work with my system but your games are the only games my computer has issues from "Render Device Lost" in Overwatch to bad frame rate i used to get in WoW, and many other issues i have suffered through and you guys expect us to fix them for you just so it can work, i think not. I love the IPs its a shame though that those memorable IPs are getting overlooked by you guys. I have had enough of fixing your problems, looking for band aids to a cancerous tumor. What makes this the worst of all is that you have my money and all the time spent trying to fix your problems. So, I'm done ranting and i'm done with your platform. You lost a very loyal customer and you still wont care.Cadianlord2 Jun 23
Jun 21 install battle.net unintended Any way to install battle.net unintended [without any mouse clicks]?Andrew1 Jun 21
Jun 21 [Guide] Setting up 3rd Party Authenticator for Battle.net For all you guys like me that want to use one app for all your 2FA codes, this is a little guide for how to setup your 3rd party authenticator for Battle.net. You'll need the following: A 3rd party authenticator that can generate 8 digit tokens. Google/Microsoft Authenticators do NOT support 8 digit codes. I recommend Authy, but others have done this with FreeOTP as well. Blizzard authenticator serial and restore code, which can be found in the Blizzard app (top right menu, click on serial and restore). Git, Python3, and pip (a python package manager) If you're on windows, install Cygwin and select the git, python3 and pip-python3 packages during the install As an alternative to Cygwin, Windows 10 users can use the Ubuntu Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 (see UPDATE 3) If you're on OSX, easiest way is to install Homebrew which gives you a Debian-like package manager. Then pop open the terminal and brew install git and brew install python3. If you're on Linux, you already know what you're doing The near entirety of getting this to work comes down to Jeremy Leclanche's Python BNA app (https://github.com/jleclanche/python-bna). Fire up your terminal (Cygwin for us Windows guys) and get typing. > cd ~ > git clone --branch 4.1.0 https://github.com/jleclanche/python-bna.git > cd python-bna > python3 ./bin/bna At this point, if you get complaints about missing python modules, you'll need to install them with pip. In the example below, I try and run the bna app and python complains there's no bna package installed. So I use pip to install it. > python3 ./bin/bna Traceback (most recent call last): File "./bin/bna", line 8, in <module> import bna ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bna' > pip3 install bna You'll know everything is working okay when you see the script throw an error message at you saying you need to set up a new authenticator. > python3 ./bin/bna Error: You do not have any configured authenticators. Create a new one with 'bna --new' or try 'bna --help' for more informationWith that done, all that's left is to port your Blizzard authenticator to the bna app using the serial and restore code you got from the Blizzard app. Then you can generate the OTP url. > python3 ./bin/bna --restore US-1234-5678-9012 ABC123DEF456 > python3 ./bin/bna --otpauth-url otpauth://totp/Battle.net:US123456789012:?secret=ASDFGHASDF1243ASDFH1413XAF&issuer=Battle.net&digits=8 You have a couple of options for how to import this url into your authenticator app: Enter the secret manually into your authenticator app (given by secret= in the url). Authy users may have to manually change the account to 8-digits (see UPDATE 2). generate the QR code locally as described in the UPDATE 1 Use an online QR code generator (like http://goqr.me/), if you're okay with putting your 2fa secret out on the public interwebsOnce everything is setup, test it out once by logging into your battle.net account and if everything is good, then write/screenshot your serial and recovery code and then you can delete your Blizzard app. UPDATE 1 - Generating the QR code locally @Heresiarch pointed out that using an online QR code generator reduces the security of your authenticator since the URL you provide to the website contains the 2FA secret. The easiest way to alleviate this is to manually enter the secret into your 2FA app. If however you really like QR codes, copy the OTP url and use the following commands in the terminal to generate an SVG image. > pip3 install qrcode colorama > qr --factory=svg "otpauth://totp/Battle.net:US123456789012:?secret=ASDFGHASDF1243ASDFH1413XAF&issuer=Battle.net&digits=8" This will output a long stream of xml data. Paste this into an empty file and save the file as QR.svg. You can now open this with a browser to view your QR code. UPDATE 2 - Authy Users: Switching from 6- to 8-digit codes If your Authy mobile app added the account as a 6-digit token (normally happens when you enter the secret manually) you can change it to 8-digits using the Authy Desktop app or the Chrome plugin. After you add the account to you mobile app, open up the desktop app or the plugin and go into settings. You'll see the option to edit your accounts and when you do, you'll see the radio button for 8-digits. UPDATE 3 - Using the Ubuntu Linux Subsystem ...tazer8442 Jun 21
Jun 20 i think i spent 40$ due to the issues i think i just lost 40$ due to these issues i have not been able to check if it went through since the login is messed up ot kept saying not working then i get emails saying i spent all that money when i just wanted to spend 10UWU2 Jun 20
Jun 20 Automatic Updates Why are games no longer automatically updated if I haven't played them recently? That kind of defeats the whole purpose of leaving the app open for automatic updates. If you guys wanted to add the "only update recently played games" as an option, I think that'd be okay, though I don't understand why it exists at all. The main reason I leave Battle.net open is so it updates all my game. I don't have to wait for a 4 GB download before I can play Diablo or HOTS. This is very much a first world problem, me having to press update, but why is it a problem? Game managers should do that for me in today's world, and not make me wait to log into another game to see what the update is. Anyway, this change is bad in my opinion, you're not deleting games to save storage automatically. I could see that as a useful feature, but just not updating the game? That leaves us in both the state of "game is not playable" and no benefit for the user as it still takes up storage. Yes it doesn't take very long to update it, but what is ANY benefit of not updating games automatically?Gundox0 Jun 20