Technical Support

Jun 4, 2013 Welcome to Blizzard desktop app Technical Support Welcome to the Blizzard desktop app Technical Support forum. This forum’s purpose is to assist in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during the use of the Blizzard desktop app. Posters in this forum will be held to our forum Code of Conduct – please take some time to read it before posting.Aratil0 Jun 4, 2013
Oct 20, 2015 [Solved] Issues What is this [Solved] tag? We have created a way to mark a thread as [Solved]. If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue, you can mark your post, and the entire thread, as [Solved]. This will put a small green check mark next to the thread title. If you see this, it means the player who created the thread found a fix. How do I mark my Post and Thread as [Solved}? Click on the drop down arrow in the top right corner of the post. Choose "Mark As Solution". The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and a green check mark will be added to the Title of your thread. Who can mark a thread as [Solved]? Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. I see a [Solved] thread. Where’s the solution? A small box with a green check mark will appear in the top right corner of the thread, under the Reply option. If you hover your cursor over that box, it will say "Solution". Clicking that will jump to the post marked as a solution. What if I mark another post as a solution? That one will be “Marked as Solution”, and the previous post will be unmarked. A Note about [Solved] Issues Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Thanks to all of you who post your fixes!Glaxigrav0 Oct 20, 2015
Feb 7 Destiny 2 stuck at initializing /slow download Please help Destiny 2 stuck at initializing! It got half download and I decided to pause it to play other games without my internet being slow. Go to resume it and it won't get past initializing I don't wanna restart the download :(Merle513 Feb 7
Jul 1, 2017 Common Blizzard Application Connection Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1, 2017
Mar 19 Greetings, CROWDS Community! [Deutsch] - [Español (EU)] - [Español (AL)] - [Français] - [Italiano] - [Português (AL)] - [Português (EU)] - [Polski] - [Русский] We wanted to take some time to thank you for all your help, expertise, and passion around growing our Support Community here on Twitter! We’ve been thrilled to see you jump into this so openly, and the moments you’ve created with the community are a testament to how amazing you all are. As we continue to evolve this program, we will be disabling the CROWDS Platform on 2/28/18. Once disabled, experts will no longer be able to log in and use the platform. With your feedback in mind, we’re going to take some time to look into what will be next for this wonderful support community. We cannot stress enough how much we appreciate everything you’ve done, and can’t wait to share what we’re working on with you. As always, you can tweet us @BlizzardCS! Thank you! The BlizzardCS TeamGlaxigrav13 Mar 19
3h WarCraft 2 Battle.net Edition error at connect since today It seems something is broken at classic battle.net servers since today. Yesterday it worked, but since today i receive errors about reinstall at connect. I reinstalled wc2 battle.net edition and updated to latest patch, but same error occured. it seems other ppl got same errors: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20771127264 Please helpKnoWnNoW7 3h
6h warcraft 3 tft change pw on account - cant join Help me pls, im change password on account Fakehealer and now cant login server @europe, i dont use wrong password or smth. Thanks you.Fakehealer1 6h
8h Installing Laucher on SSD vs HDD on laptop I wasn't even given the option when I Just clicked "get windows 10 launcher" it just automatically assumed I wanted it on my 240gb ssd… which I don't because there's no way to fit all your games on 240gb!? how can I switch launcher over to HDD and ONLY a couple games like sc2 and HotStorm (or perhaps WoW if you guys ever escape the corp greed that is activision plague).WHYBRO1 8h
8h Can not verify email address My son has created a new account and I have purchase the WoW complete collection. My issue is the email address which my son has used is not his. Therefore, the email address can not be verified. I have tried to utilize the support options within battle.net, but I am receiving a page not found error when selecting the change email option. Other than posting to forums, there is no avenue to contacting a representative to receive help with this matter.Ghemunie1 8h
8h No Blizzard games work, other company games work fine Hi all, I cannot play ANY Blizzard games on my computer, including Diablo 2, Diablo 3, and Warcraft 3. Even with fresh installs they will not work, Diablo 2 hangs the machine when entering a game, must hard reboot. Diablo 3 hangs when starting up, must hard reboot. Warcraft 3 I can't even install anymore, the installer hangs after entering the cd keys, must hard reboot. In each case the computer makes a continuous tone while the screen is completely frozen and the computer does not respond to any input from any device. I play many other games from other companies, like Total War Warhammer 2 (all the Total Wars series), CIV 6, Company of Heroes 2, Titan Quest. I have no problem with ANY other company's games. Any ideas? JosephCulainn9 8h
5h Ip ban lasting longer than 72 hours I purchased a set of diablo games from my local flea market. started them up. auto disconnected and wont log in now. its been over 72 hours. can i get a mod to tell me how long my ip will be tagged for please?Relientkiid2 5h
17h D2 You were disconnected from battlenet please recconect D2 You were discoed from battle been having this issue since last night could someone help me out please i can't even log into battlenet on d2rickdawgg11 17h
21h Missing Icons and Numbers When I opened battle.net app today most of the Icons and Letters were missing like an example is the pause button there is only a black square icon this never happened before!!!Diamondcart5 21h
22h Overwatch Physical copy help. Hi, I bought the disk copy for Overwatch PC and entered the codes, once I install it will I still have to use the disk or is it fully installed? I'm asking because I might getting a new PC that doesn't have a DVD drive.Finster3603 22h
22h BattleNet App uninstalls games? After many months of experiencing this I have figured it out, every time my windows updates, the battle net app uninstalls my games. How do I prevent this?Stealthy1 22h
22h error error cod:1BD9707C-F4AE-4921-9864-8529705CBEB9 fix my error pleaseKSA3 22h
22h Lost my authenticator, tried to have it removed... So i lost my account authenticator for my other Blizzard (it's one of those oldschool physical authenticators, not on the phone), Of course I followed the instructions on the website. So i send in my ID to prove that I was really the owner of the account, And i got a message that i could take some days to resolve. Since then about 6 weeks has passed, and I've tried writing to the support team about my problem, from the account in question. I've tried to reset my account password, just to see if that was the problem after they've removed the Authenticator. I haven't even gotten a mail for that. I checked all my email settings, nothing blocking blizzard mails. I at this point i feel pretty done with waiting and the bureaucratic customer support, I just want to talk to someone. directly. So i can get this problem solved for good.Papertank1 22h
23h Adding friends through Facebook connection in Battle.net app When adding a friend and using facebook tab in battle.net, it says "your permission is needed to add friends from facebook." When I click update permissions it opens a webpage that says "you can now return to your blizzard game or app." I check the blizzard or battle.net app and it says, "use your browser to complete the connection process. "once your connected, you'll be able to find Facebook friends who play Blizzard games." I don't understand what to do when opening a browser then what? I check the settings and connected accounts and I can see that I'm connected to facebook already, then whey does this happen when adding friends through facebook tab on battle.net?TARAGING4 23h
1d Tired of trying, but now it crashes on UNINSTALL. I want this garbage off my computer, please fix the uninstaller.Shade2 1d
1d Overwatch Is Laggy ???? Overwatch is laggy for no reason? I went to this link : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20742969329#post-9 because i needed to fix my launcher. But now everytime i play OW even in the loading screen is laggy. Before it was very smooth. Help? Specs: GTX Gefroce Nvidia 1050 16 GB Ram 200 Gb of space 37 gb of space leftLolitron0 1d
1d Battle.net crashes PC Since a week or 3 my Battle.net started to crash my PC and other apps. It starts when I am downloading a game (Overwatch in this example) The download stops after like 3 minutes. The application hangs and transfers the hanging to other apps such as Steam as result that I can't even open taskmanager anymore. It forces me to reset my whole PC. At first I thought this was a hardware problem. I updated all my drivers, I checked my HDD, SSD (HDtune) and memory (Memtest86 for 10 hours) and all came out fine. Because I thought it WAS a hardware issue at first (bad clusters or so) I booted a clean install of Windows. Same error happening. Even after a clean installation and updating all drivers, my PC keeps freezing when downloading with Battle.net. I have no virus scanners installed, no Malwarebytes or such apps since it's a completely clean version of Windows I just installed to test if it would get rid of my errors. Could it be a software conflict? The weird thing is that I can perfectly use my PC on Steam and Origin for example. I can just download and play games on those apps. I can browse the net, listen to Spotify and use Discord. It seems that Battle.net is the only app that completely crashes my PC. Note: I did have an Windows update failure 3 weeks before which I managed to fix, nonetheless even on a clean boot Battle.net keeps failing on me. My Windows is running on version 1809 and I got all the latest drivers. My specs are: i5-6600k Z170 Extreme 7+ GTX 1070 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2x8GB dualThyr0 1d
1d How to cancel messages I sent a person messages i shouldnt have. Thankfully the person in question has not seen them yet. I think there isnt a way to delete the messages like in discord, but will unfriending the person delete the conversation,if not then will blocking do the trick ? I cant let that person see the messagesMrPurpleKush0 1d
1d Error code I cannont fix Error code Saxophone, today I logged into my Blizzard account to find I am unable to play due to error code saxophone. I own the game and have played almost every other day since launch. Has anything changed. Any help would be much appreciated as it is my only day off of work. I tried: logging in and out of blizzard restarting app restarting computer running it as admin closing game then app closing app then game force quitting from task manager I have no idea what else to do here.Servers0 1d
1d Account is messed up and progress has reverted and does not recognise any friends I originally set my son up on his amazon Fire tablet and he progressed as guest for a while. I then set him up with a Blizzard account and signed him out of the guest account and into his new account. I then sent invites to him to find friends and the link was made successfully. We've had no problems for a number of weeks but then this morning it asked him to sign in. I signed in and it is like his account has picked up progress from the original guest access. I signed him out and in again with his blizzard account and the user and blizzard tag is correct. But it is not. It is not going back to the progress he had yesterday and stubbornly refuses to show the proper state. I can see he is logged into his account on his fire tablet but my computer is saying he is offline - but the user and battle tags are identical. I cannot invite him again as the invite just disappears and is never received and vice versa. Please can you help. My younger son has also got a Fire tablet and we have had no such problems with his account.hbombzero2 1d
1d Black Ops won't launch - FIXED (for some of you) Hi everyone. This will help those of you who use AutoHotKey and are experiencing the BOPS4 launch crash. AutoHotKey will prevent Black Ops 4 from launching. Here's all you need to do: 1. Open Task Manager. 2. In the "Processes" tab, scroll down to Background Processes. Find AutoHotKey. 3. Right-click on it. 4. Click on "End Task." 5. Open Blizzard Launcher and start BOPS4. Click "No" if asked to start the game is safe mode. I hope this helps.Gnucklehed0 1d
2d Black ops 4 crash connection problem Black ops 4 crashed almost every 10 minutes. Connection to the Blizzard game server has been lost. Please exit and try again. Error Code : BLZBNTBGS000003F8Niggato2 2d
2d Battle.net desktop app stuck in offline mode When i try to log in to the desktop app i get an error and it says i can not login to battle.net with the error BLZBNTBGS80000011 and it says to continue offline or cancel. When i continue i can still update games and play them online but i can't see friends online or chat. When i press the button to go online it just gives another error. I think this is the reason why the install button for destiny doesn't show up but id like to try and fix this.Bean10316 2d
2d Cant update email address Cant update my email address (or almost anything) as our new phone does not support SMS. Also the who is your hero question does not work? Finally when I choose any other option the resulting link goes to a THIS PAGE DOES NOT EXIST and a link back to where I started. Note: My job requires that I am both Police and Security checked so no I cant send you a picture of identification if I want to remain employed. How do we resolve this please? DJMmouserd4 2d
2d Cannot Connect to BO4 Blackout - Error Code BLZBNTBGS00000002 I was playing the game just fine last night, a few crashes here and there. Then when I went to load this morning, I got the error code listed above. I can not find a solution anywhere that'll help me connect.ThePandaKing42 2d
2d Battle.net app shows in task bar but doesn't open client. So when I launch battlenet app, it shows open on my taskbar but the client itself won't show. I hadn't opened the app since March so it had some updates. I thought that maybe something went wrong while updating so I uninstalled everything, battlenet app and games, because none of the clients showed anything when launched, but it still has that issue. The only other thing I've done recently to affect it is updating Windows 10. Anyone else having this issue or has fixed this issue? I wanna be able to play Overwatch before the anniversary event is over.everyhoohoo9 2d
2d Required DLL could not be found I am having this problem as well. Cannot launch the Blizzard App A required DLL could not be found. Please download and reinstall the Blizzard app. I literally tried deleting everything blizzard (except WC3) and still nothing (on top of everything else troubleshoot related). The difference is this computer is running Windows Xp. But it was running fine last night. Should I send a lootgoblin email?Shadowninjs206 2d
2d D2 Error / Freezes at loading screen D2 Error will not let me play the game and crashes at the loading screen. I've uninstalled the game thinking that was the issue, re-installed and it is doing the exact same thing. I hit Alt + Tab because the game froze and this error window came up stating: Diablo 2 Error - Halt / Location : , line # 108 / Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 0051651c Please if anyone has had this problem please help me! and any technical advice will work. Thank you bunches!StarLord0 2d
2d Destiny 2 Error Code: Buffalo Simply Won't Fix Got it for free from the promotion, installed, and repeatedly got the error despite launching it directly from the Blizzard Launcher. Attempted to Scan and Repair, Check for Updates, restart Blizzard Launcher, restart PC, Uninstall and Reinstall all 80 sodding GB, and switch regions to no effect. Bungie's support page on the topic was useless, can anyone here give me some help?Ascalaon14 2d
2d Uninstall of Destiny 2 beta I couldn't figure out how to uninstall the beta so I just deleted the folder where destiny was located but it still shows that destiny is installed in all programs and all apps. Any advice on how to delete that?LimeCrowbar38 2d
3d PS4 linking account to Battle.net Hi, I was asking myself: If I have Destiny 2 with all the DLC's on PS4 and I have successfully linked my Playstation account with my Battle.net account will I have Destiny 2 dlc on the PC version ? And if yes, how do I do it. Because on this website (how to get the digital content from PS4 to PC): https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/65162 It only shows how to do it for Overwatch.Byacine1 3d
3d [SOLVED] Blizzard App Wont Install - Stuck on "Downloading New Files" Recently tried to launch Blizzard Launcher, and I get the error "Blizzard Agent has Fallen asleep. Attempting to Wake Up". This process ultimately fails and leaves me with no recourse. Have tried deleting all battle.net/blizzard items in the programdata, temp, and appdata folders as suggested elsewhere. No change. As far as I can see, Battle Net Launcher is uninstalled now. Tried to reinstall (Ran as admin). As soon as I open installer, i get "Downloading new files" and it wont go any further. This was the same message that i received when i was initially launching WoW (Instead of battle net launcher) and realized there was an issue (Which lead to the "Blizzard Agent/Sleep" problem when directly launching Battle Net Launcher. Frankly, Im losing hope that I'll ever play a blizzard game again on this computer. Any suggestions?Deathlegend6 3d
3d Constantly dc on hearthstone app I've been getting a lot of dc in the hearthstone Android app. But that's not the issue, the issue is that in most of the cases I don't know I've been disconnected. No pop up message appears, simply nothing happens, if it's the opponent's turn the rope never appears, forcing me to close the app and re open. By the time I get back to the match, around two turns already have passed. This is extremely frustrating, I've lost more than 10 games because of those "stealth" dcs. I came back to hearthstone after a 2 years hiatus, and I don't remember seeing those kinds of disconnections before, only the one where a pop up mensagem appears telling me I've been disconnected. Does someone had the same issue in the past and know if there's any solution?Renan0030 3d
17h Think I got an ip ban for a bad key. Iso help! Purchased a set of games from my local flea market. Punched in the keys and auto disconected. I am assuming it was a bad key. Did I get a temp ban? If so how long will it last? Iso mod help.Relientkiid8 17h
3d Why Cant Stay Loged In I log in to battle net then it just sits there and blinks me online to trying to connect. I have all ready try uninstalling and reinstalling. This problem stared this past weekend.k40001 3d
3d Password says incorrect My son turned his destiny 2 off about 1 hour ago, his then tried to log back in, the battle.net launcher is saying the password is incorrect which it is not because i have them written down. i'm posting this here on my account because he cannot login here either. hes made a ticket which is us66719698 but connot login to view it, he has also tried to reinstall batte.net installer and has tried the forgotten password tab but it does not send him an email with the code.AbyssalMyth3 3d
4d Can't Run Destiny2 Anymore Hello, I'm trying to play Destiny2 but I can't run it. The game starts but when it says press enter to start, it crashes, and also it is loading the game very slowly. Every pixel is lagging and it wasn't like that 3 days ago. I reinstalled the game but it didn't work. Can someone help me, please?Eimyr0 4d
4d Slow Download Speed For BO4 So I have a very slow download speed when downloading bo4 i have about 955 kbps while on steam while downloading i have 10 mbps. the game is about 65 gb so its gonna take a fairly long time to download. is there any way to fix this slow download speed?FuS1oN1 4d
4d We couldn't verify the digital signature of your Battle.net Agent I didn't play Hearthstone for a while, so a couples of days ago i decide to back to the game and when i open my old Battle.net client it show me this error "We couldn't verify the digital signature of your Battle.net Agent. Follow the steps in this support article to fix this issue." So i follow all the instructions in this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/161075 But didn't work -_- then i Reinstall the battle.net app but even the setup comes with the same error. So i search in the internet for a solution and i found this article: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34719 and i follow it all.. delete my temp blizzard file too.. restart my pc.. turn off the anti-virus.. do the digital signature thing again and nothing new(setup still come with the digital error). I need help please.. i wanna play hs :'( Thanks.MedAliTn0 4d
5d Restriected. How it is possbile? Restricted. How it is possible? I tried to logon after a week and this information shows of. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/11644374332 Read them all and nothing fits. Can you help me ?Aspholdel1 5d
5d "updating Blizzard Agent" BLZBNTBTS0000005C No words for the wasted time with this f**** problem.. This don't work--> https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/19031 ...I think this one too__ https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20759517025 And a few more topics about same issue..closed Help?PhysicstRick1 5d
5d Not authorized to post Hey, So I am trying to post in WoW Legion forums and the website keeps asking me to log to one of my characters..which form some reason I can't. What seems to be the problem?LIGHT8 5d
5d can't open linked items in WoW Since BfA was released, I'm unable to open any linked items or achievements that appear in my chat window. I've cleared my cache with no luck.Whozzurdaddy1 5d
5d Literally CANNOT download launcher I've been trying for 12 hours to download the launcher exe, the 4mb download.. it literally downloads 500-1000kb at 10kbps and just sits on 0 after that indefintely, i've let it sit for 4 hours with no luck, i don't have virus protection, i dont have a firewall, there is nothing on my end blocking it is there any alternate download mirrors? because this is ridiculoussiccoblue4 5d
5d "Oops Something Broke!" I don't know what the hell keeps breaking, but it breaks every hour. And every time it breaks it minimizes my screen to tell me that and it pisses me off. My guess it has something to do with the videos that keep trying to play in the background. Find it and fix it please.EnkerZan1 5d
6d Invalid installation folder After an update my battle.net wasnt working properly anymore so did a reinstall but now i cant install it anymore cuz it says invalid installation folder on any map or drive i put it in and i have plenty of space.. never seen this kinda problem. anyone that got a solution or wanna help? blizzard?Blazehaze21 6d