Technical Support

Jun 4, 2013 Welcome to Blizzard desktop app Technical Support Welcome to the Blizzard desktop app Technical Support forum. This forum’s purpose is to assist in identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during the use of the Blizzard desktop app. Posters in this forum will be held to our forum Code of Conduct – please take some time to read it before posting.Aratil0 Jun 4, 2013
Oct 20, 2015 [Solved] Issues What is this [Solved] tag? We have created a way to mark a thread as [Solved]. If you’ve found a solution to your issue, or fixed your issue, you can mark your post, and the entire thread, as [Solved]. This will put a small green check mark next to the thread title. If you see this, it means the player who created the thread found a fix. How do I mark my Post and Thread as [Solved}? Click on the drop down arrow in the top right corner of the post. Choose "Mark As Solution". The post will be tagged with a green “Marked As Solution” banner, and a green check mark will be added to the Title of your thread. Who can mark a thread as [Solved]? Only the creator of the thread (the “OP”, or Original Poster), or a Blizzard Forum Representative can mark a thread as [Solved]. I see a [Solved] thread. Where’s the solution? A small box with a green check mark will appear in the top right corner of the thread, under the Reply option. If you hover your cursor over that box, it will say "Solution". Clicking that will jump to the post marked as a solution. What if I mark another post as a solution? That one will be “Marked as Solution”, and the previous post will be unmarked. A Note about [Solved] Issues Please keep in mind that when a thread and post are declared [Solved], this may only apply to the OP’s particular issue and circumstances, and fits his unique combination of software and hardware. One fix or solution can help many other players, but it probably won’t help all players. If the fix or solution doesn’t help you, it is just one more factor to eliminate in the troubleshooting process, and we’ll try our best to help you narrow it down, to find the solution that applies to your computer, and your circumstances. Thanks to all of you who post your fixes!Glaxigrav0 Oct 20, 2015
1d Destiny 2 stuck at initializing /slow download Please help Destiny 2 stuck at initializing! It got half download and I decided to pause it to play other games without my internet being slow. Go to resume it and it won't get past initializing I don't wanna restart the download :(Merle538 1d
Jul 1, 2017 Common Blizzard Application Connection Issues Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpDrakuloth5 Jul 1, 2017
9h Re-buy games? I bought overwatch and destiny 2 on my pc and I recently had to reset my pc (delete all apps on it) when i try to play overwatch or destiny it doesnt give me the option to download it, only to buy it. do i have to re-buy them? it says i have an active overwatch subscription in my account management pagehelzattack12 9h
11h App Won't Let Me Change Install Directory I've used the search filter on the forums but to no avail. I have the games already installed but when I go to settings to try and set the directory to the proper hard drive nothing happens. I click the button to change and the little blue circle thing just keeps spinning and nothing happens. I've already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, deleted folders, everything that has been done and said in these forums I've done. I don't know what else to do. Please help.GusGus0 11h
17h Save Filre Warcraft 3 I will need to format my HD and need to save my progress on Warcraft 3.. Can someone help?Kayderim1 17h
22h Battle.net won't update/install I opened up the battle.net launcher ready to play some Overwatch. However, Overwatch was unable to update because the launcher was updating. The update was still at 3% so I just decided to play something else while I was waiting. After a while I went to check the update progress only to find that it was still at 3%. Naturally, just decided to uninstall and reinstall the launcher but now the launcher won't even install. I've already looked around the fourms but I couldn't find anything that helped. The threads I looked at were also posted years ago so I'm not sure if the solutions would still work. I'm really itching to play some Blizzard games but I can't. Does anyone know a solution that worked recently?zchannel11144 22h
1d Battlenet couldn't connect, tried to reinstall and its stuck on "downloading new files" SO, to start it off, I got DC'd while playing. when I tried to log back in, the battlenet launcher wouldn't connect. so I decided ill reinstall it. ive gone over probably a dozen threads covering this already, deleting all related program files, cleaning DNS, my router, turning off firewall, and nothing is allowing it to download. I even restored my PC to a few days ago (when everything was perfectly fine) and it still wont download. I really have no idea what to do now. please give me some suggestions!sealteamBC4 1d
1d ExpressVPN and Bnet app I use ExpressVPN to use discord and I use split tunneling feature to prevent it from running on battlenet app but whenever the VPN is on I get error coded and can't start my game. (BLZBNTBNA00000005) There is a guy who posted here about adding all .EXE files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net to the split tunnel worked for him and someone else confirmed it. I did try that ofc but I still get that error code.Alice4 1d
1d Can't gift games since friendship switched to real ID. I have been friends with a person for several years and today he sent me a request to be Real ID friends. I accepted, but for some reason the store now claims I have not been friends with this person long enough to gift them games. Is this a bug? For some reason the same does not apply to him and he is able to send gifts to me normally.Poro2 1d
1d Can no longer play... My problem is that I believe my internet got cut for a few seconds witch caused battle.net (app) to log me out of my account and cause that *connecting...* bar to show up next to my name at the top right. my internet is back and fixed yet it still says *connecting...* and if I try to connect back its opens a new window which as I have seen doesn't fix the app problem. with the *connecting...* thing I cannot play my favorite games! please help!!!DampLasagna1 1d
1d payment method trying to add new payment method (multiple times yesterday and today) after deleting my old credit card and the symbol just keeps spinning w/o bringing up any boxes to punch my #s into...? Don't want my money?iwasafatkid2 1d
1d Invalid Installation Folder I was having the issue of my games no getting updated, so i deleted Battle.net and try to install it again, but i have this issue that when i have to select the folder of installation i get the message "Invalid installation folder", i don't know what to do, can you help me?Alexrules962 1d
1d Downloading new files Tried launching the battle net app today but it gave me some error saying that update agent is asleep or something, i restarted my pc ran battle net as admin and it gave me the same error,i tried reinstalling the launcher and now the downloading new files bar refuses to progress. I have tried deleting the battle net files in %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%,turning of firewalls ,and the reinstalling and running the setup file as an admin and it still refuses to progress...Crazy1 1d
1d download My PC does not support the download of the app could not be verified.lionx2 1d
2d Unexpected Error I'm trying to start Battle.net app but I'm getting an Unexpected Error ID:08A18E43-5CD9-4270-9BE5-58CA7EAD87EE. I already tryed the solutions on the other threads Uninstalling, deleting all blizzard and battle.net files, and reinstalling. Help please, this never happened to me beforeCOT1 2d
2d Status check I would like to check the status of my d2 keys. Are they banned or suspended?BlaineFiero2 2d
2d D2 CD key in use by me. Trying to play new D2 ladder. Can't connect due to cd key in use by me. Tried resetting router and computer multiple times. Please help!Mitsufunk14 2d
3d Blizzard App uninstall Crash So, I was playing overwatch and you still haven't gotten rid of any cheaters; all of them using aimlock that goes around outer edges of characters. Since I know you guys aren't gonna do anything about that as you haven't done anything for over 1 year, can you at least give me instructions on how to get rid of the game without crashing? Thanks분노조절장애폭발0 3d
3d Unable to play games OR uninstall OR install! HELP! Ive been having this problem for a week and i cant figure it out. Ive googled for days, tried every solution. Ran as ADMIN even though that doesnt matter for me since UAC is off. Cleared the cache from all sources (ProgramData/AppData/Program Files/etc) no matter what i do it just says: Blizzard Agent went to sleep. Attempting to wake it up... More Help: BLZBNTBNA00000005 The launcher does log me in, i can chat to my friends and use every tab except the games tab, which is obviously the most important one. Opening the launcher creates 2 processes for battle.net and the longer i leave it open the more Agent processes it will open, it actually went up to 18 before i closed it the first time. I have shutdown all firewalls, anti virus, etc to see if that was the cause. Nope same problem. Even the uninstaller wont work. I cant even uninstall battle.net from my PC from the programs & features window in control panel. Downloading the installer from blizzard to attempt to reinstall it also does not work. It gets frozen at downloading files. It will sit there for hours. I have fiber optic with 50mbps up and down (6.5MBps) so it shouldnt take that long. PC Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU 16GB DDR3 Ram 8x OCZ 120GB SSD's in Raid 0 EVGA GTX 970 GPU Any help figuring this out would be great!Zilacon0 3d
3d Excessive GPU Usage - Blizzard Client Mining Bitcoin By Making A Bot Net? Does anyone else have unusually high GPU or CPU usage when battle net is idle (task manager and msi afterburner), it seems a bit odd that my gtx1050ti runs up to 25-30% for a completely idle application (specifically the Battle.net process), no downloads or updates, nothing running in browser, no voice chats open. Usage immediately drops if a game starts running, which would prove that the process is limiting itself to provide the user a smoother gaming experience. which raises the simple question... what would an idle, simple in design application be doing to require that amount of graphics processing power for? BTC or ETH Mining? Friends have confirmed similar results, wouldn't it be nice if blizzard asked its customers for permission before burning their money in power bills?Muffins4 3d
3d regional setting stopped me from deposit credits cant deposit as the region setting stopped me from deposit money. i would like to change region to Australia.DAMICHAEL2 3d
3d sound bar inactivity I want to report a bug. encountered a problem with my sound bar volume. when I lowered to desired sound it doesn't completely lower the sound to off.MightyBeast0 3d
4d Abysmal download times. What the actual hell is going on? I have a gigabit internet connection and every other application I use for downloads will run at highest possible speed but BNet is stuck at 5MBps download for Destiny 2? I ran a Steam download at the same time and got full speed out of it, and BNet actually got SLOWER when Steam finished.Brian880 4d
4d Help diablo 2 issues need a blue plz Help diablo 2 issues When i get on useast it says i cant create or join games. Gives me a waiting list when i try to join games, what is the deal. M33t@useastLing0 4d
4d A 300GB log file downloaded when install Battle.net APP in C:\ProgramData\battle.net folder When I try to reinstall the battle.net APP and I run setup.exe (downloaded from battle.net), it shows me "downloading". I keep it running. But it is downloading all the time (over 12 hours). I found that it downloaded a 300GB log file under "C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup\bna_2\Logs" which cannot open and it has already occupied all my boot driver. What happened with that and how could I do next step?Dreama0 4d
4d Can't install Mac OS Battle.net app I am on my Mac trying to install the Battle.net App and I get this message "We're having trouble starting Battle.net. Please try again. If the problem persists, try restarting your computer." https://paste.pics/ba6588407ef9e89fcef90365e9ff5041 here is a link to a screen shot. I tried everything on this site https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000023039?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution and it still gives me the messageFrostcanvas1 4d
5d Invalid installation folder After an update my battle.net wasnt working properly anymore so did a reinstall but now i cant install it anymore cuz it says invalid installation folder on any map or drive i put it in and i have plenty of space.. never seen this kinda problem. anyone that got a solution or wanna help? blizzard?Blazehaze29 5d
5d Still can't stream First, my issue had been getting "Sorry, this content isn't available right now The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in." Then it had gone to an issue that Blizzard already fixed, from a different thread, and now it's back to the content not being available any time I try to stream. When I pause it and restart it up again, there can be blips of sound, but it doesn't show anything, and doesn't even give the full sound of what's happening.Sesshylvr86 5d
5d Destiny 2: Repeatedly Getting Error Code 'buffalo' I recently installed D2 on my new desktop computer, however, it refuses to let me access the game whenever I start running it. It keeps giving me a message telling me to restart the application via the battle.net launcher. Every time I do this, it keeps giving me the same message. I've tried logging in and out of the launcher, changing my region, and have even uninstalled D2 on the laptop I used to play it on, yet I keep getting the error code. Is there a way to fix this annoying issue?WobbleCrab2 5d
6d I cannot login into the EU WOW forums Cannot login into EU WOW forums Hi, I cannot login into the EU WOW forums. I can login into the US WoW forums normally. I am getting two kinds of messages, either one or the other when I try to login: Sorry, there was an error authorizing your account. Perhaps you did not approve authorization? and sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties I have deleted cookies in my browser. What else can I do?Ypologos1 6d
6d Saxophone error in Destiny 2 (nvm, I am a fool) Haven't played the game in months, just updated it and now getting this error. Game status is active, I've tried running as admin, changing my password, restarting battlenet, and even using a different user on my PC. The only thing I can think of is that I changed my bnet name recently. Please helpCitizen2 6d
6d Warcraft 3 install stuck at 65% When I first downloaded setup.exe it was stuck at 0% - I cancelled it - I started it again - stuck at 65% - cancelling and starting again and I'm still stuck at 65%Thoradin112 6d
6d Diablo 2 CD Key Hello, *Only looking for a Battle.net reply* I believe this is where I was told I should seek additional answers. I recently submitted a ticket to receive a call back and I spoke to someone from Battle.net about my lost Diablo 2 CD Key. I bought the battle chest years ago for Diablo 2 but I can only find my LoD CD Key so I cannot properly download Diablo 2 in order to play online. The representative I spoke with sent me a link where I can buy a new copy of Diablo 2 for $10. She said I could reach out to the forums as well to see if they can help me in any other way because that is where they assist the most for classic games. Basically, I am hoping someone from Battle.net can help me download Diablo 2 properly without having to spend an additional $10 since I will likely only be playing this during the downtime between Diablo 3 seasons and knowing my luck I would probably find my original CD key after purchasing a new one. I understand if I have already been giving the best available answer but any additional feedback from Blizzard would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!YenomDraoh2 6d
6d Cant login to US forums Hello, I cannot login to the US forums for any game. My account is US based but I can login to the EU forums for wow and overwatch. When I login I see "Sorry, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties.". I have tried this in multiple browsers (safari, chrome, firefox) and they all do the same thing.Drawma8 6d
6d balance cards they are not working and it takes long to redeem it when I press continueBlurr3 6d
6d Redeeming a Code seems like FOREVER Why does redeeming a code takes forever. The Blizzard Shop is okay, the launcher is okay, the battle.net is okay, but when it comes to redeeming a code. It takes 9999999999 years to just complete once and all you receive is "OOPS. SOMETHING WENT WRONG?".EDWARD3 6d
6d Unable to reconnect to diablo 2 multiplayer last night i reinstalled Diablo 2 and i tried to connected to battle.net but it would not connect due to the fact that i had my vpn on. so i disconnected from it and i was able to play just find. However now when i try to connect again the next day i get stuck on a long checking for update screen, which then tells me either battle.net is not responding or that i have been disconnected and to reconnect which i cant. i reinstalled LOD again and i was able to get the game updated but still stuck with " battle.net is not responding or that i have been disconnected and to reconnect" is there anything i can do? i have the game running as an admin.Chokenspit4 6d
6d Still Having Unresolved Crashes (ft. Consequences) My game has been crashing consistently for about a week, but in fits. I've got tickets open about it, but the steps offered so far have not solved the problem. Today I absent mindedly clicked on Competitive, which I have been avoiding in regards to the crashes. To my dismay I promptly entered a lobby, and of course the game crashed right after Hero Select with all penalties included. Unfortunate for me but better for the others on my team that it happened then instead of later risking their SR. This has immediately recommitted me to resolving this once and for all. Any help from the wizards at Blizzard would be great,DeathMetal1 6d
6d All of My Games Are Gone Woke up this morning to play some Diablo III or HOTS, or maybe some OW... had to re-login to the Blizzard app... now it says there are no Blizzard games on my computer. I did a scan for Blizzard games and it says it can't find any. Am I really going to have to re-install EVERY Blizzard game? Where did my install files go? Why can't the app recognize them?DeusVult5 6d
6d Error: BLZBNTBNA00000A8E Cannot log into Battle.net. Error: BLZBNTBNA00000A8E. ETA: Appears to be resolved as of 18:59 EST.Epiphany9 6d
6d Can't even install the game help i cant install warcraft 3 (normal edition+ frozen throne) because i don 't have a cd key, i bought the game last sunday, the game is already confirmed as mine but still no cd key anywhere to be found. i wanna play on bnet but i can't even install the gameusarusa1 6d
6d Blizzard App displaying in low resolution No matter how I open the app, it displays with the text looking pixelated. Anyone having the same issue?PapaTostito5 6d
6d Classic Games Section Missing on My Account I pre-ordered Warcraft 3: Reforged like a month ago and got the CD key for the original Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 received an update and now I need the CD key to play, but I cannot find it under the Games & Subscriptions section in my account, as there is no Classic Games section or Warcraft 3. Yet, I do see Warcraft 3 Reforged there.zackparadox2 6d
6d Can't change brightness in War3 after last two patches As the topic states, after one of the last two patches, I can no longer move the brightness slider. It's fixed where it was the last time I changed it and grayed out. I tried changing different resolutions inside the game, but nothing helped. I have Radeon 4850, which the seller warned me had outdated drivers that can no longer be updated, but I got it for some $50. I appreciate any help or input on how to resolve this matter. Thanks!greendestiny5 6d
6d Updating games without logging into Battle.net Is there a method to update installed games without logging in? I'm at a University with a computer lab dedicated to gaming, but the computers are 'frozen' to only allow changes during scheduled maintenance windows. It's time consuming to have to individually log into battle.net and update games, but I don't see a way to batch install updates or receive updates without being logged in... has anyone come across this or know a potential solution?TheHolyDiver0 6d
Jun 11 application encountered an unexpected error Hi Overwatch keep crashing on me and throw an Blizzard error this the Error ID: DE51CCD0-2E2F-4EB1-AB67-FBFD91244963 can you help?Khaled2 Jun 11
Jun 11 How do I uninstall the BO4 Beta? It doesn't show up in "Add or Remove Programs" and there is no option to uninstall it in the launcherSerenity0 Jun 11
Jun 11 BO4 Error Code 750 So yesterday before the new update my Black ops 4 was fine and ran fairly well. After the update I have not been able to log back in without getting the error message.. "Can't connect to Call of Duty: Black ops 4 online services. The servers may be undergoing maintenance. Please try again later, Error Code 750." I've restarted battle.net, my PC, my router and scanned Black Ops 4 for any repairs and haven't been able to change this issue. I just recently installed the battle.net client so I know that's up to date? Can anyone else confirm this is not a stand-alone issue or have any insight into this? Thanks!Thevagazzler42 Jun 11