stuck on "updating Battle.net Agent"

Bug Report
1 2 3 5 Next
After I've installed the client it's just stuck on "Updating Battle.net Agent"
When I try to reinstall it there's an error BLZAPPBTS0000C
I've tried to delete ProgramData/Battle.net (Sooo many times)
And I saw an earlier post that said you could update adobe flash,
I've tried to completely uninstall all adobe programs and reinstalled them.
That didn't change anything.

I can just run wow.exe that works fine, but I also want to play hearthstone :(

Is there anything else I can try?
Hello MagnusG,

Let's start with some information from you if possible. Would it be possible for you to gather and send us a copy of your Battle.net Logs? It will help us to better understand the cause of the issue.

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in the your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com

Use this line for the subject: [MagnusG] [stuck on "updating Battle.net Agent"] [10161156117]

Thanks!

You can also try looking to see if there are any zombie processes holding Battle.net up when you reach this point. Look for any extra Battle.net or Agent processes running at the time.
I've sent the log.
Also, I've exited the process everytime I've tried something.
Hey m8 :) I have the same problem/issue as u do. Its so stupid and i can't find a fix to this bug either. However thank god i found a workarround for it!!!

Now i know u prolly never use Internet Explorer, but if you restart your PC, open Internet Explorer and then run the Battlenet App, it should fix itself and load properly. However you have to do this everytime you want to run Battlenet App or some game. I never use Internet Explorer, but for some reason blizzard decided they should use IE's protocols to start/run the battlenet app/agent, so it tends to bug this way. I hope this works for u aswell :)

Take care, Ex
Nope that didn't work for me, also I usually use IE anyways :P
You use IE??? Damn dude! You are so hardcore! :P

Sad to hear this one didn't work for you though ;( Hope you get it fixed somehow, or evne better... hope Blizzard finally fixes this !@#$up with their Battlenet app
So, i'm guessing that when patch 5.4.1 is released for wow I will not be able to patch it, so then I will no longer be able to just use the .exe file.

That means I can no longer play any blizzard games when 5.4.1 is released if this problem continues...

Is there any news for when this will be fixed?
I fixed it..

Suddenly the 9001th time i tried, it worked..
I opened the Battle.net exe file instead of the Launcher.exe
I've done this many times earlier and it didn't work so something must have changed, but i don't know what..

Well, atleast now it works for me.
Hello MagnusG,

Glad to hear it is fixed for you now. Only thing that changed could be the patch we released yesterday. :)

Thanks!
Btw even though I can get in now, using the battle.net.exe.
The launcher.exe still doesn't work for me, same issue as the first post here.
But I guess it's fine now that I can finally play hearthstone ;D

Also, one of the things I tried doing earlier was to "run as admin" on the .exe file, but apperantly while using the battle.net desktop app having the normal .exe file to "run as admin" makes it so you can't launch it from within the app (even if you run the desktop app as admin).
I had the same problem that you did.
Starting the app with Battle.net.exe fixed it for me instead of the launcher, however it gives me an error when I start Hearthstone (BLZBNTAGT00000843: Failed to launch a critical file).
Otherwise same as you, the launcher is still stuck on updating the app and it clearly still keeps me from playing HS even when I force battle.net to launch.
Btw, I tried to copy a friend's Battle.net files, it didn't fix anything.
I'm having the same problem and I'm pretty sure it's because the Launcher can't update to Agent version 1.9.0.2293 BETA. I deleted the entire Agent folder and it goes fine until it begins to update to this version which I believe it's the newest right now.

When I was using the old beta version which was Agent Beta 1.9.0.2163, it was just fine.

I believe there is something wrong about this Agent Beta version. I say this because the application AGENT inside the folder AGENT (which has around 500 kb) is saying it's version is the old beta, 1.9.0.2163. It can't update to the newest one: 1.9.0.2293.

If I delete the entire folder and start the launcher, it creates an Agent application with version 1.9.0.1737, then it updates until 1.9.0.2163.

I already tried every suggestion of this forum, and nothing worked. I tried to uninstall/reinstall/update adobe flash, didn't work. I changed IE proxy setting to automatic, didn't work either. I had reset IE settings, didn't work... nothing worked!

The launcher can update the agent. It just can't update to this version 1.9.0.2293. Can you guys see what is going on with this damn version, please?

Thanks in advance.
Hello alekazuhiro,

Would it be possible for you to gather and send us a copy of your Battle.net Logs? It will help us to better understand the cause of the issue.

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in the your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com

Use this line for the subject: [alekazuhiro] [stuck on "updating Battle.net Agent"] [10161156117]

Thanks!
Can confirm opening IE and then running bnet app fixed my issue, thanks!
10/04/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Exeliran
toolsupport@blizzard.com
this doesnt work for me i dont know what to do i want to play hearthstone :/
After the blizzard staff giving up on me i finally fixed the issue myself. You probably have been told to go on run - %programdata% then delete battle.net. Before you do that try this

run - %programdata% - battle.net - agent then delete agent.db (if you are not sure which one is db just right-click and go to propeties, it will tell you there). after deteling that file try updating the battle.net.

note: if 'updating battle.net agent' is stuck for more than 20 seconds chances are its not working.

note2: if they ask for your system details, they probably already have given up with you and just want the details to fix the ap before beta.
Had this problem, try this....On Win7 run battle.net.exe (or Hearthstone-Beta-Setup-enUS.exe) as Administrator...

right click on the exe and simply click on ''Run as administrator''

and It Worked! (for me at least)
Blizz how about make a new luncher? Just saying...
Or Maybe At least come up with a Solution that is not
Send us your logs
Delete Blizzard Entertainment Folder
Cap like this

Nothing works i have been searching for weeks i have nothing but problems since this App came out
Same sh## here. Everything runs fine on my home PC with same system with Wİn8 64 bit, but its only problems on my laptop. Eveytime I run battle.net it fails. Can not install any games whatsoever. Anyone has other suggestions please write.