64bit Version

Feedback Discussion
Any chance of getting a 64bit version of the Desktop App for Windows in the future?
I'd also like to know the answer to this ^

apart from that app is fantastic, love the inclusion of online b.net friends
I would as well like to see a reply to this thread. I cancelled my subscription last month because of it. The new "forced to use" launcher made my system unuseable, beside when I was actually playing in full screen,
Any news about that topic?
We don't have any plans of a 64-bit version.

Also, some of our dependencies (such as the Chromium Embedded Framework) don't support 64-bit at present, so its a non-starter.
06/10/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Vexis
We don't have any plans of a 64-bit version.

Also, some of our dependencies (such as the Chromium Embedded Framework) don't support 64-bit at present, so its a non-starter.
What does the 64bit WoW version use then?
Request still valid :)
What difference would it make if the client was 64-bit instead of 32-bit?
07/12/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Stan

The game clients are completely unrelated to the Battle.Net desktop client. WoW also does not need the Chromium Embedded Framework.
05/02/2015 11:42 AMPosted by Codevine
07/12/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Stan

The game clients are completely unrelated to the Battle.Net desktop client. WoW also does not need the Chromium Embedded Framework.

That is not true. The WoW client uses the CEF for the In-game browser. [1]

[1] http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/258571-in-game-support-site-access-and-tools-in-53/#post40
The WoW team sand boxed their in-game browser by running it out of process. You'll note in the task manager that their browser process is still 32-bit.
05/02/2015 04:26 PMPosted by Vexis
The WoW team sand boxed their in-game browser by running it out of process. You'll note in the task manager that their browser process is still 32-bit.
AH interesting! Thanks for clarifying!
Any news here, maybe?