Third party authenticator support

Feedback Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
+1

I removed battle.net 2fa because it required an additional app. I've heard that google auth only supports 6 character codes, but I am almost certain that Authy is compatible. All they need to do is release the key (preferably in QR-code format).
+1

Would really appreciate not having to install yet another app for something that is already a widely supported open standard.
+11

It's ridiculous to have a separate app just for Battle.net. Support the two-factor authentication open standards, it's secure enough for the largest businesses and banks. Allow us to use apps like Authy as our authenticator.
Yeah, I was looking into setting up 2FA on battle.net, but I'm not going to install ANOTHER App on my phone just to use it.

IF an open standards setup is made available, I'll use 2FA, until then, I'll just deal with a little less security.
+1

I would really enjoy being able to use 2-FA, but my OCD won't allow an app so useless when I have another identical app that is able to support 10 other services perfectly fine, I don't see why they need 8 digit codes instead of the standard 6.
Bumping
+1 for Authy
+1 for Authy
+1, can't imagine why Blizzard is sleeping on this.
+1 for third part authenticator
+1 from me too. I want Authy support.
Authy would be great!
+1
+1
Blizzard's authenticator code has been reverse-engineered and open sourced.

https://code.google.com/p/winauth/

My colleague uses it to allow him to use his authenticator on his PC's at work and home. That way you are not stuck having to carry a FOB around.
+1
I don't use 2-FA for battle.net only because it is a separate app which lowers my account security.
+1. Please add Authy support!
+1
+1
+1 Bump