The warcraft 3 community humbly asks for new maps/ladder reset, Blizzard

General Discussion
I have played warcraft 3 TFT for nearly 10 years and mostly play only 4v4rt. In 9 years (since 2005), we have had only one map pool change for 4v4rt, which is the most popular gametype mode played on wc3.

Also, although we have got more ladder resets, it has been a couple years since our last ladder reset. I have noticed in the last couple months the wc3 population is declining and pretty steadily.

Therefore, as a representative/fan of my favorite game of all-time, I humbly ask and encourage other players to join this thread and ask for a new map pool and a ladder reset as well.

Perfect world: I desperately want another map pool change for specifically 4v4rt. If the legacy team considers it, I recommend at the very least that they keep "market square", "fullscale assault", and "twilight ruins", as well as bring back in the 4v4 maps "Gold Rush, "Friends," and "Northshire." Would also love "Divide and Conquer" to be in the 4v4 map pool but that map isn't very balanced for 4v4.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
they could also do a map-making contest. I have tons to try :-D

also, there is a site called http://playrt.net/site/ that is trying to establish a ladder of its own. it's kind of new, but very active and they intend to host custom maps.

I should probably mention that the playrt.net site is a "experiment" of sorts for the much more active http://playffa.net/site/ website. If you have playRT questions, I would first go through the playFFA site and you'll more likely get a quicker response..
04/14/2014 03:18 PMPosted by normalice

That would certainly be interesting... I'd love to see them do that.
04/18/2014 03:24 PMPosted by GeaRs
yeah blizzard doesnt care so people had to make their own websites/servers so they can find games lmfao
yeah, it'd be nice if they at least added some of our custom maps to their repertoire, so people could find games easier...
I really don't see it happening to be honest. Perhaps they could do it AFTER the final starcraft 2 expansion to build anticipation for a new warcraft RTS game.
04/19/2014 10:10 PMPosted by IShadowWolf
I really don't see it happening to be honest.
nor do i, but it doesn't change the fact that it would be nice :-D
04/21/2014 07:33 PMPosted by normalice
04/19/2014 10:10 PMPosted by IShadowWolf
I really don't see it happening to be honest.
nor do i, but it doesn't change the fact that it would be nice :-D
I think it would be great if they could get a small team of 1-3 people to set up a new system that automatically rotates several sets of maps every 90 days. That way not future support for this would be needed and everyone could be happy. But I really don't see this happening either.
03/30/2014 07:24 PMPosted by Flamechamp
I have played warcraft 3 TFT for nearly 10 years and mostly play only 4v4rt. In 9 years (since 2005), we have had only one map pool change for 4v4rt, which is the most popular gametype mode played on wc3.

Also, although we have got more ladder resets, it has been a couple years since our last ladder reset. I have noticed in the last couple months the wc3 population is declining and pretty steadily.

Therefore, as a representative/fan of my favorite game of all-time, I humbly ask and encourage other players to join this thread and ask for a new map pool and a ladder reset as well.

Perfect world: I desperately want another map pool change for specifically 4v4rt. If the legacy team considers it, I recommend at the very least that they keep "market square", "fullscale assault", and "twilight ruins", as well as bring back in the 4v4 maps "Gold Rush, "Friends," and "Northshire." Would also love "Divide and Conquer" to be in the 4v4 map pool but that map isn't very balanced for 4v4.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

just take off hurricane isle haha
04/14/2014 09:07 PMPosted by Sixen
04/14/2014 03:18 PMPosted by normalice

Hiveworkshop.com features various mapping contests. I do not know what would be the advantage of Blizzard organizing one because at this point, the remaining users know each other/how to connect and Blizzard seems like having nothing of actual value to offer since they left the wc3 world.

@topic: Yeah, would have been fine if they inserted periodic resets and map rotation.
Any of those Warcraft 3 fans will love this game. Pretty much is the Warcraft 4 we were hoping for. IGN even wrote an article on it. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/warcraft-4-fan-mod-made-in-starcraft-2-map-editor

It's called WAH. Search for it in the Arcade. There is also a group to join so we can get more people to play this. The Author has done an amazing job and we should spread the word on this one.

Here is video to the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veyR3DsK98s
+1 to a ladder reset.

We are definitely overdue and I do not think that it would tax Blizzard's resources too much.

There are more old school war3 players than you think. I, personally, am an avid fan who played Warcraft:Orcs and Humans in 1995 until the cd broke.
06/27/2014 05:19 PMPosted by Wolsten
+1 to a ladder reset.

We are definitely overdue and I do not think that it would tax Blizzard's resources too much.

There are more old school war3 players than you think. I, personally, am an avid fan who played Warcraft:Orcs and Humans in 1995 until the cd broke.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/
Map contests, Campaigns, Melee, fun custom maps, Cinematic maps.
Is the ladder going to be reset soon? We've been begging for a long, long time now. :/

PLEASE RESET THE LADDER! We would love it. What is there to lose in a wc3 ladder reset?

Any type of response would be very well appreciated...
05/14/2014 07:09 AMPosted by WaterKnight
04/14/2014 09:07 PMPosted by Sixen

Hiveworkshop.com features various mapping contests. I do not know what would be the advantage of Blizzard organizing one because at this point, the remaining users know each other/how to connect and Blizzard seems like having nothing of actual value to offer since they left the wc3 world.

@topic: Yeah, would have been fine if they inserted periodic resets and map rotation.

yeah, i have a bunch of maps on that site: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/packs-542/melee-maps-normalice-239095/?prev=status%3Da%26u%3Dnormalice

but many of them were intended for FFA, though I do have some 4v4 RT ones in there..
Just reset the ladder that'll be good enough for me. Yes this is my first post :D
I agree. A ladder reset would be cool. And perhaps a swap of account from Lordaeron to Azeroth as there is not a large enough community to support both servers anymore and Lordaeron is essentially dead.
Hi this game is !@#$ING DEAD if you nerdgins didn't get the memo in 2005.

#dota2masterrace

#praisegaben

#kodos_forsaken #1
LAWL that sc2 map looks ugly
They're finally resetting the ladder...after like 5 years.