cant install war3 (simplified,prc)version

Support
the CD Key i have is the Chinese (Simplified, PRC) version and that i cannot find an installer for that version. while english version and chinese traditonal version cant install successfully ,it will says The CD-Key entered in the Warcraft III field was invalid. Please make sure that it was typed in correctly.
pls help me with this issue ,thank u very much !
Tao,

Are you downloading the game from the website and using the CD-key you've added to your Battle.net account? They key may not be compatible with a version of the game installed off of CDs.

i downloaded the english verison and chinese tranditional version from battle.net (cause i coulnt find the chinese simp version), and find that the key entered was invalid. but the key is in my accoount at battle.net !! it counlt be invalid. one more thing , when i was installing war3 it just said key invalid , didnt say i nid a cd to install .
Tao,

If you are downloading the game then you don't need a CD.

The keys I saw on your account are valid. Make sure you are entering the Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos key for the base game and The Frozen Throne key for the expansion.

I'd also recommend copying and pasting the key from the website into the game. This may help avoid any transcription errors that could be going on.

yes i copyed the key and i am sure engter the war roc and tft .but it said invalid. i think because my key is for chinese simple version and what i download is english and chinese tranditional version . and i count find where to download chinese smipl verison .
Tao,

The region shouldn't matter. It's easy to test though, try downloading one of the other languages and install it. See if the key works.

Tao,

The key you have is a valid key. If you need specific chinese versions of the game then you would need to contact our chinese office for assistance. The versions of the game on our website are the only ones available in North America.

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/zh/

I have meet the same problem, my cd key was purchased several years ago, today I put them in battle net , it seems can work , and the War3 games display in my list, but I download both English and Chinese version from battle.net, they can not install !
Same problem. As far as I know, only CD keys for simplified Chinese ROC have this language restriction. TFT doesn't have this problem possibly because it's a bilingual version with both English and simplified Chinese (that's what I bought). Wonder if Blizz could check whether something wrong happened to CD keys allocated to simplified Chinese ROC copies.
Same problem here. I also tried to contact the customer support but he insisted that my key is valid... I think they should know that the company sold the keys in china is no longer available so blz is the only company we can seek help.
Same problem for years.
The cd-key changer would be a resolution.
I met the same problem, but it seems that there is no solution here.
same problem here
I met the same error. My CD-key under my account can't work when I try to install the game War3-1.27 ROC (both English and Traditional Chinese). My system is Win10.1 64bit.
And I have run the setup file Downloader_Warcraft3_Reign_of_Chaos_enUS.exe as Compatibile Mode, otherwise it can't work on my system.
After it runs, installer can't recognise my CD_Key.
i have the same problem
It has been 3 years since I post that, but blizzard didn't care about that.

Today I just known the Warcraft III for Mac (Intel) is available. I am excited and super happy. So I downloaded the Mac version, then try it again after 3 years.

It still doesn't work!!! It still doesn't work!!! It still doesn't work!!!

What's the difficulty adding support for our damn CD keys?
Did we brought those keys with air or sea water?
Blizzard,

Please fix errors on MAC, we really want to continue playing this beautiful game. We are unable to install the new Patch we get (-1080) error everytime.
has anyone else tried to download this game and have your security say that it is a high risk and potentially harmful? wtf is up with that. I haven't played these in a while and I was really looking forward to it.
omg 3 year and no one answer thats make me sad i have the same problem