Can I access calendar data?

API Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Hi,

I'd like to be able to progamatically get access to the guild calendar events, and wondered if this was possible or not? Would the new OAUTH allow that?

I want to see who is signed up for guild raids.
Currently there is no new data available in the wow or sc2 api other than linking profiles and characters to your logged in user. We are keeping track of what people are asking for however. Thanks!
I hope that there are plans to implement access to WoW's Events.
Because I see no intention from Blizzar to implement Armory for WP8 this will be at least option to export my calendar.
access to guild calendars would be awesome
Throm-Ka Whisperer!

Apologies for the delayed response to your request. This post was made long before I was ever with the company.

I am not sure if this was ever submitted to the development team as a feature request, so to be sure I am re-submitting it today.

I will post updates to this thread as I receive them.
Hi. I'd also like to express my interest in a calendar API. If a standards-based CalDAV implementation was possible, that would be amazing. Any access at all would be appreciated. If read-only, that's fine. But write support would be even better.

Seeing WoW public events events, but also private invites (such as posted guild raiding schedules and events) would also be fantastic.

Sorry if this is a necro post. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to make a separate post.
a driect access would be great. I currently cURLing https://eu.battle.net/wow/de/vault/character/event but to be honest, it is not the best way...
I have almost finished my guild application. At the moment I am implementing a simple DKP system and want to polish everything. You can find an early version here:
https://sylvanasgarde.com/index.php/GuildRoaster

As you can see the guild calendar is the central feature. I grab the calendar details directly from the world of warcraft armory. To bypass the battle.net security system you need a dedicated account to crawl the calendar and you have to train battle.net to accept logins from the webserver.

It works really well, but I want to publish my script in the future and to get the calendar crawling working is not easy and cost extra money (10 € for a WoW license). It would be much easier if the guild calendar data become available in the API.

TL;DR:

is there any update?
Nope. No updates.

An alternative approach is to use a WoW Addon to scrape the data in game, save it to disk, then have a program on your WoW machine upload the data to the server. That wouldn't have an additional cost, but it would require regular logins.
10/29/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Aurifex
Nope. No updates.

An alternative approach is to use a WoW Addon to scrape the data in game, save it to disk, then have a program on your WoW machine upload the data to the server. That wouldn't have an additional cost, but it would require regular logins.

But still it's too much work, having the API to provide it would be a piece of cake!

*cake is not a lie*
Is there any update if this would ever be implemented in the API?

Just reading out the calendar would be awesome...
01/25/2016 06:04 AMPosted by SweetTonyV
Is there any update if this would ever be implemented in the API?

Just reading out the calendar would be awesome...

It would be. However, I have nothing new to report.

I will post updates to this thread as I receive them.
Hey folks,

I just came aboard to make a raid organizational tool to help our raid leaders/organizers schedule raids for our guild and was hoping to have it interface in game with the calendar. I see here that the calendar interface will not be an option currently.

This makes me sad. As Klonkadonk stated above even reading the data would be a big ++, and I'd be tent city for a write option.

Please add me to the list of interested parties who would like to see a calendar API option.

Danke schön
Just dropping by to echo support for this feature. I have a very clunky workaround in place to do this right now, which I would love to get rid of.

I do see an issue with it however. Right now calendar data is tied to a character and is private. So the user would have to allow calendar data to be fetched through the API, probably by flagging it in some setting screen, maybe along with the API key(s) allowed to access it.

I can see the infrastructure not being in place to make it happen right now, but the above solution might be an option to consider.
Hi,

I was also looking for the possibility to access the calendar data...
I would highly appreciate an implementation :)
I would also like to add my support for this feature. Please consider adding calendar support for the API
Please add my support for this feature. Would love to include Calendar information in my Google Docs scripts.
I would like this feature to be implemented too !
Actually i thought it was but I found out it wasn't :(