Can I access calendar data?

API Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Going to add in my 2c/p here and say as a guild with over 300 accounts and an amazing amount of activities going on it would be awesome to have some kind of calendar interface with the outside world.

Is it 2018? Or maybe it's still 2004? :)
Now that communities are a thing, it would be great to be able to get the calendar event data from the api for things like showing upcoming events in discord via a bot.

Any update on whether this is going to get added?
Can we get a responds from someone working at blizzard? Is there any new news about this being implemented? If not why?

No is also an answer :D
Please add me to the list of those wanting access to a Calendar API!

On Topic question, if Calendar events were available via API, wouldn't it be a good idea to allow a calendar event creator to flag the event as public or not? That way they could hide events if need be?
Need this feature myself for some Wordpress integration. Please update.
Hey Guys,

Please add me to the list of people who want access to a calendar API!

This would be a nice option for the community. We all want it.
Hi there,
Adding my voice to the thread, as a developer and a past 10years wow player I use to pray to have such api. Now I have so many ideas on it that it would be awesome to have such api.
If there is a kind of beta access, I'd love to be a part of this o/

cheers
7 years and this is still at "No Update" stage!? How has this still not been responded to?

More importantly though, how have we not been approached with a simple:

"This isn't a thing at the moment because ....... but it is/isn't in scope because ....... "

The mind boggles....seriously.
Also a feature I'd love to see.

Has become incredibly more important recently now that the Armoury addon has been shut down removing the only way to view calendars outside of the game.

Obviously there is a "coming soon" calendar in the companion app but for now its a pain.
I'm guessing the issue at hand here is that Blizzard do not want to reveal too much personal information, which is a result of opening up an API feature like this.

When a calendar API becomes publicly available, people - malicious or not - can now see where you will be - or rather what your will be doing, e.g. raiding - at a certain time. This might actually be in conflict with GDPR in Europe.

I would love a feature like this, but I also see why Blizzard may be hesitant with this implementation.
09/02/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Kafoso
I'm guessing the issue at hand here is that Blizzard do not want to reveal too much personal information, which is a result of opening up an API feature like this.

When a calendar API becomes publicly available, people - malicious or not - can now see where you will be - or rather what your will be doing, e.g. raiding - at a certain time. This might actually be in conflict with GDPR in Europe.

I would love a feature like this, but I also see why Blizzard may be hesitant with this implementation.

Easy fix though, simply by default make all Calendar events private and allow the creator to flag them with a checkbox as public so they are exposed to the API/Armory.
Friday, September 28, 2018.

Still waiting that feature (OP posted that topic August 22, 2014).
Waiting that for 4 years. Wake up Blizzard, we need that feature.
I seriously can't believe it's been 4 years and a new developer portal has been released and still nothing is happening regarding guild calendar access. Come on Blizz, sort it out :-)
The new OAuth pattern enables us to request scopes for sensitive character data (which calendar events would most likely be). I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first step towards enabling this feature, so I am very excited.
Is this actually working or not ?
/push
Can we have NO API per se but an CalDAV endpoint?
I don't think inventing an API when better industry standards are already available is a good way.
This would also enable the user to the calender in any application using caldav that supports oauth(or without for public data) using these calendars.
Bump
bump