Any API updates for 6.0.2?

API Discussion
I know the pre-patch is more than likely around the corner (~2 weeks would be my guess).

Are there going to be any Auction data API changes due to the combined AH?

Some other random things that would be nice...

Recipe API to list actual reagents so we don't have to parse WoWhead
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/recipe/131865

Items that are not vendor purchasable having a buyPrice
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/item/82904
In addition, any ETA on when the WoD items will be added to the item DB?

Any way we could get a list of possible BonusIDs that can be used on an item? I've looked but can't find a solid list anywhere.
bump :)
If you can interface with Java, I'm building a suite of open-source tools that interface directly with a heavily curated version of the DBC data called WarKit.

I've been posting some updates about WarKit in my Catus thread at the FluidDruid:
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574

WarKit is my improvement to http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/items.php which was my wrapper around the Blizzard Item API. Instead of using JSON, I have a very compact format which puts nearly 60K items into 4MB and all spells in 7MB of data.

In WarKit, you can query any item for its universe of bonuses + a slew of other useful information. It pretty much solves all of the item woes and is an ideal foundation for building complex item-based applications (like a simulator paper poll -- I'm currently building one called Paper Catus.) It's very easy to import an armory, scale gear, apply bonuses, and compute gear stats. Gems, enchants, socket bonuses, and spells are also scaled appropriately.

WarKit will be on github before WoD release.
09/26/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Raffy
If you can interface with Java, I'm building a suite of open-source tools that interface directly with a heavily curated version of the DBC data called WarKit.

I've been posting some updates about WarKit in my Catus thread at the FluidDruid:
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574

WarKit is my improvement to http://raffy.antistupid.com/wow/items.php which was my wrapper around the Blizzard Item API. Instead of using JSON, I have a very compact format which puts nearly 60K items into 4MB and all spells in 7MB of data.

In WarKit, you can query any item for its universe of bonuses + a slew of other useful information. It pretty much solves all of the item woes and is an ideal foundation for building complex item-based applications (like a simulator paper poll -- I'm currently building one called Paper Catus.) It's very easy to import an armory, scale gear, apply bonuses, and compute gear stats. Gems, enchants, socket bonuses, and spells are also scaled appropriately.

WarKit will be on github before WoD release.

Very cool! I would totally be interested in this.

Your "old" API suffers from the same problems I mentioned in my OP, but if WarKit solves all of that I would love to take a look at it when you throw it up on github.
*bump* :)

getting close!!
A tip is to look at wowhead, and how they have implemented their tooltip code. You can find more information on http://www.wowhead.com/tooltips#related-warlords-of-draenor-tooltip-changes
Not saying this is how Blizzard is gonna do it, but at least it's something...
I think the only critical fix is that character data needs to include the active item bonuses (probably inside "tooltipParams").

I wouldn't hold my breath for item bonus universes considering its simpler cousin (random suffixes) also lack this feature.
Sadly the wowhead stuff has nothing to do with what I asked about in my OP =(
Somewhat hesitant to comment since conversations tend to dry up after a blue tag, but there are no WoW API updates slated before the expansion's release.
Raffy, I'm going to add your tool to the Community Libraries & Resources sticky. Let me know if you'd rather hold off for now ;)

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize it wasn't public yet. Guess I'll hold off for now...
10/07/2014 02:52 PMPosted by Aurifex
Somewhat hesitant to comment since conversations tend to dry up after a blue tag, but there are no WoW API updates slated before the expansion's release.

Is the auction API data:
a) going to be split by faction as it is now (with an empty neutral faction?)
b) going to be split by faction but duplicated (where all 3 factions will contain the same data)
c) going to contain bogus data
d) going to break completely and give internal errors
e) going to have its structure changed to removed the faction keys and just contain one big list of auctions

Even if there are no updates planned, I'd be nice to know what to expect. Typically after a patch the answer is (d) and in this case, knowing when the next update (/fix) is going to be would be very helpful so we don't find ourselves rushing to get things ready for 6.0.2 and then sitting around for weeks waiting for it to be fixed.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
10/07/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Sapu

Is the auction API data:
a) going to be split by faction as it is now (with an empty neutral faction?)
b) going to be split by faction but duplicated (where all 3 factions will contain the same data)
c) going to contain bogus data
d) going to break completely and give internal errors
e) going to have its structure changed to removed the faction keys and just contain one big list of auctions

Obviously I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd guess A, with a chance of D of course. B is a possibility I hadn't considered, and it's reasonable, but I still think A is the most likely.

Auction IDs are already unique per realm across factions (and increase together), so faction isn't part of their key. If we assume that Blizzard staff will do the absolute least amount of work possible on the AH code, then new auctions will still be saved with their faction, the API will still select and split auctions by faction, and only in-game will their queries be changed to ignore faction.

Or maybe it's F: all new auctions appear as "neutral", all houses are considered "neutral", and we have empty "alliance" and "horde" arrays.

In fact, looking at AuctionHouse.dbc, the only change between live and beta is that "Stormwind Auction House" (id 1) was renamed "Auction House". Alliance, Horde, and Blackwater auction houses remain. So that also gives us G: all auctions appear under "Alliance", as well as H: no auctions appear until the API is updated, since I'm guessing we now use Alliance/Horde/Blackwater and ignore Stormwind/Darnassus/Undercity/Thunder Bluff.

What about the new item bonus system? How will the API data indicate that your chest piece actually is Mythic Warforged with a Socket? Or that your random suffix legs are Crit/Mastery?

And of lesser importance...
What about the enchanting Illusions?
What about knowing which perks you've acquired so far? (if not max-level yet)

10/07/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Aurifex
Raffy, I'm going to add your tool to the [url="http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/14729973498"] Community Libraries & Resources[/url] sticky. Let me know if you'd rather hold off for now ;)
Cool! I'll let you know when I release WarKit. I've been trying to consolidate a lot of WoW logic into a single library so hopefully other people will find it useful!
10/08/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Raffy

What about the new item bonus system? How will the API data indicate that your chest piece actually is Mythic Warforged with a Socket? Or that your random suffix legs are Crit/Mastery?

This is what I'm concerned about as well. I really dislike the idea of not seeing how this is going to be structured until it goes life, but having it not show up in the character API at all would be even worse.

How is that possible when the Auction House is changing so vastly?

So does that mean the AH API will basically be dead once WoD releases?

Like the commenters above, I'd really like to know what will happen with the auction house API in 6.0.2. You'd expect that merging the auction houses of the different factions has some influence, isn't it?
10/09/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Muffin

I should have said "I'm not aware of any WoW API updates slated before the expansion." You've all given some great points that definitely need follow up. I'll do some information gathering and get back Soon(TM).
10/09/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Aurifex
10/09/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Muffin

I should have said "I'm not aware of any WoW API updates slated before the expansion." You've all given some great points that definitely need follow up. I'll do some information gathering and get back Soon(TM).

I hope Soon(TM) is less than 3 days!! TSM and the like server Auction statistics to a lot of players.