Cannot Click on Battle.net App

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
We're continuing to investigate these issues, and we'd like to request some additional information. We'd like you to create an analysis file that will give us some additional logging on what is taking place. To help identify the issue, please send us the following:

With the Battle.net App Closed:
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy/Paste the following:
    [Rules]
    qt.*=true

3. Save this file as qtlogging.ini (make sure Save as File Type: is set to All *.*)
4. Place the file in your Battle.net build (By default: C:\Program files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net.xxxx\QtProject\ where xxxx is the highest number).

additional steps added @ 7pm PST 10/03 by Vexis:
5. Create a shortcut to Battle.net by right clicking on Battle.net.exe and selecting "Create Shortcut"
6. Right click on the new shortcut "Battle.net Shortcut" and select "properties"
7. in the properties window, add the following to the end of the "Target" box after the final quotation mark: -platform windows:verbose=3
The result should look like this (by default): "C:\program files (x86)\battle.net\Battle.net.5115\Battle.net.exe" -platform windows:verbose=3
8. Click OK

9. Open the Battle.net App with this new shortcut and interact with it a little by trying to click on buttons or open options to generate logging data for us to analyze. Close the Battle.net App at this point and run our LogGoblin utility for which instructions are included below.

1. Download LogGoblin.exe.
    2. Run LogGoblin.exe and give it a few minutes to gather your Battle.net logs.
    3. After it finishes collecting your logs, press Enter to close the program.
    4. A zip file named BlizzardLogs-[YYYY-MM-DD].[HHMMSS].zip, which contains all of your log files, was created in the same location as LogGoblin.exe.

Once the .zip file is created, please email it to toolsupport@blizzard.com with the title [Battle.net][Your BattleTag][Cannot click on Battle.net App][14610651729].

Delete the qtlogging.ini file afterwards or it will continue to generate log files that can grow to be quite large.

We appreciate the efforts that everyone is putting forward to help us squash this bug!
I was actually able to launch Diablo 3 and I played for around fifteen minutes, then hit some huge lag spikes and it closed the game and everything is unresponsive again. =( I had made no changes, it seemingly magically worked again and then stopped working just as magically.

EDIT: I have now followed the instructions from the most recent Blue Post, hope it generated some valuable information and best of luck to everybody with this frustrating issue.
I'm getting the same issue. Hope you guys can fix it asap!! Cant wait to be back on diablo3.
You can play diablo III and all other blizzard games (I think) exept hearthstone by creating a shortcut for the DiabloIII.exe file and adding -launch at the end of the shortcut path (In propriety if you right click on the shortcut). The shortcut path should looks like : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch . This should make your wait time more bearable (unless you play Hearthstone).

EDIT : If you read this post and have the same kind of issue, please take time to send your information to blizzard before even trying this as it is only a temporary mesure and it would be better if the issue could just be solve.

*English is not my first language, sorry if there are any stupid mistakes*
10/02/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Merzil
You can play diablo III and all other blizzard games (I think) exept hearthstone by creating a shortcut for the DiabloIII.exe file and adding -launch at the end of the shortcut path (In propriety if you right click on the shortcut). The shortcut path should looks like : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch . This should make your wait time more bearable (unless you play Hearthstone).

This will work. As a precaution, know that it'll only work until Battle.net or the game client is patched again. Once the patch is out you'll have to update Battle.net and/or the game before this workaround will still be successful. Hopefully that won't be necessary for long though!
Thank for the tip, but it didnt work for me.

10/02/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Merzil
just send the e-mail. hope u find a solution soon
just send the logs me too
The "-launch" thingy works, still i hope it gets fixed officially soon.

Bye
Got it to work thanks!
For anybody that is encountering this issue, can you please let us know if the application responds to right clicks? Right clicking on a game tab on the left side of the main window should open a menu with options to move up and down.

Please try this and let us know if this is working properly. This will help us narrow down the cause.
Right clicking isn't doing anything for me.
While unresponsive, the application would not respond to right-clicks either. As of this post, however, the launcher is click-responsive again for me.
My launcher is unresponsive to left or right click. It does highlight the option that my mouse is over.

The icon in the taskbar works for me. I am able to switch games, chat with friends, change settings etc.

I have tried uninstalling the launcher, and reinstalling. I uninstalling my mouse drivers (logitech mx 518), and re-installing them. Nothing seems to help.

Hopefully that helps some. Thanks for the hard work guys!
My launcher is unresponsive to left or right click, it highlights when i hover my mouse over anything.
I am unable to open friends, switch games, or change settings through the interface. The problem appeared on October 1st.
I am however able to press enter and it brings me to the news or shop, depending on how many times i press tab. (No i can't tab to the Play button)
It responds if you right click the bottom tab in Windows taskbar. You can access and edit the settings etc this way.
i got the same problem here, im getting kinda frustrated, 3 days without hearthstone :S