WoW 6.0.2 API Updates

API Discussion
Items

• Items now include several new fields

• context – the context under which this item was created (e.g. “raid-finder”, “dungeon-heroic”)

• All pre-6.0 items have no context
      • Some new items dropping in Siege of Orgrimmar will have a context applied

• bonusLists – the set of bonus list ids applied to an item
    • bonusSummary – A collection of information used to build

• defaultBonusLists – the bonus list ids that have a 100% chance for this creation context
      • chanceBonusLists – the bonus list ids that have a chance greater than 0 but less than 100
      • bonusChances – contains a break-down of information on what upgrades (e.g. warforged), stats, and/or sockets that could be gained through the chanceBonusLists

• Items that have a creation context will return only the set of available contexts in the “base” item id

• e.g. see /api/wow/item/110050

• In such cases, item urls should be followed by a creation context

• e.g. see /api/wow/item/110050/dungeon-heroic

• These urls could also accept bonus list ids:

• e.g. see /api/wow/item/110050/dungeon-heroic?bl=524,499 for the Heroic Warforged version
    • If the ?bl parameter is not supplied, the API will only apply the default bonus lists for that item from the bonus summary

Character profiles

• Items in character profiles add several new fields

• context – as with the above, the context under which this item was created
    • bonusLists – as with the above, the bonus list ids associated with this item instance

Next Release

A few things we’re working on polishing for the next API release:

• Auctions

• We’re adding creation context and bonus lists to auctioned items

• Talent data

• While talents are broken out by spec, it’s not clear in the API what talent set belongs to which spec. We’d like this to be clearer when looking at the JSON output.

• Raid progression info

• Siege of Orgrimmar raid difficulties need to be adjusted
    • New raids are not present yet

• Character sheet

• Missing the new 6.0 stats

We expect to wrap up work on this by the time the Warlords expansion hits. Thanks for your patience!
Hello. Is it correct that the challenge mode fiels of the character info have been wiped due to this release? I am unable to gather the correct challenge mode data of MoP challenge modes, nor is my gold/silver count the correct value (actually it is zero).
10/21/2014 11:08 AMPosted by Aurifex
Talent data

While talents are broken out by spec, it’s not clear in the API what talent set belongs to which spec. We’d like this to be clearer when looking at the JSON output.

even a simple spec id in the talent info would be helpful or index them by spec
How do we retrieve the correct heirloom item? Currently I can only get a 620 item level version of Hellscream's Warbow(104399). It also shows incorrectly on the character page:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bleeding%20Hollow/greenninja/advanced
Can you add the character audit field to your list? It hasn't been updated to account for the removal of profession bonuses. For example, on my Warlock (Gewd - Kil'Jaeden), it reports that I am missing two enchanting enchants, but ring enchants are no longer in the game. On my Death Knight (Gewwd - Kil'Jaeden), it reports that I am missing two blacksmithing sockets. Although I haven't tested all professions, I would imagine the issue persists across the board.
10/24/2014 02:22 PMPosted by vamp
How do we retrieve the correct heirloom item? Currently I can only get a 620 item level version of Hellscream's Warbow(104399). It also shows incorrectly on the character page:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bleeding%20Hollow/greenninja/advanced

This might not be what you're looking for but you can render this item properly using my Java library WarKit: http://github.com/adraffy/warkit

Demo using WarKit to import this item from the Armory:
https://github.com/adraffy/warkit/blob/master/src/com/antistupid/warkit/examples/BnetForum_HeirloomWarbow.java

Screenshot from my app using WarKit:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/catus2-ss/apparatus-warbow.png

Equipped Item Dump:
ItemLevel: 561
Name: [561] Hellscream's Warbow (Heroic)
Armor: 0
GearStats: [+132 Sta, +80 Agi, +40 Haste, +63 Mastery]
Enchant: WeaponEnchant<109086>(Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom) -> []
Sockets: [Red, Red]
Damage: 331 - 615 (157.67)
Socket0: [0] Red: [+10 Agi]
Socket1: [1] Red: [+10 Agi]
SocketBonus: [+8 Agi]

Item Metadata Dump:
ItemId: 104399
ItemLevel: 569
Type: Bow
Quality: Heirloom
Equip: Binds to account
Unique: null
Name: Hellscream's Warbow
Text: null
File: inv_bow_1h_pvphorde_a_01_upres
ReqProf: null - 0
ReqRep: 0 - 0
ReqRace: 32767
ReqClass: 2047
NameDesc: Heroic
ReqLevel: 90 / ReqLevelMax: 100 / CurveId: 960
StatAlloc1: Agility<5259,1.0000>
StatAlloc2: Stamina<7889,0.0000>
StatAlloc3: Mastery<3997,0.5000>
StatAlloc4: Haste<2664,0.5000>
Sockets: [Red, Red]
SocketBonus: Enchantment<4828>(+8 Agility)
Upgrade: null
PvPItemLevel: 0
Group1: <0:105670> Normal
Group2: <1:104399> Heroic <--
Group3: <2:105683> Mythic
ItemSet: null
Please add context to the guild news feed. It's impossible to distinguish what version it is without supplying it a context field
Is it working right now? because i am getting nothing back with this string

https://us.api.battle.net/wow/item/110050/dungeon-heroic?bl=524,499?locale=en_US&apikey=(KEY GOES HERE)

dont want to post my key but when i call that i get

{
reason: "Internal server error."
}

if i do it with a / on the end same thing
10/28/2014 09:59 AMPosted by Leadbelly
https://us.api.battle.net/wow/item/110050/dungeon-heroic?bl=524,499?locale=en_US&apikey=(KEY GOES HERE)

Got 2 '?' in there. Replace the last one with '&'.
Some nice changes, however it would be amazing if we could see some updates to the Quest API - It's very basic, and has had many issues on the known issues' list (on the old forums) for as long as the API has existed almost! =(

What would be fantastic would be faction, race & class flags for the quests. Anything else would be an added bonus (pre-req ids?), but even those flags alone would make me very happy!

- Viduus
Contexts returned by the API are inconsistent. See my thread: http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/15099500265
Give it some time. Let us wait for the updates and see what was/is fixed or is/as needed.

~ Patience young grasshoppers!

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."
On this item:

http://us.battle.net/api/wow/item/105690

The availableContexts key is an array containing one item, an empty string. Could this instead return an empty array, or maybe not return the key at all? This will simplify the check to see if an item requires a context by checking to see if this key exists and has one or more items, as opposed to having to check if the key exists, has two or more items, or has one item that's not an empty string.
I'm working with the Item API today, so I thought I would share my feedback.

I'm looking at Item ID 110050, "dungeon-heroic", and believe there is an error in the bonusChances key.

An excerpt from the API:

bonusSummary: {
defaultBonusLists: [
],
chanceBonusLists: [
],

I have determined for IDs 499 and 523, these map to a separate entry in the bonusChances key. This is good.

Where I think the error is, is that the IDs 40, 41, 42, and 43 map to a separate entry in the stats key of the "STAT" element of the bonusChances. Here is what the "STAT" element looks like today:

{
chanceType: "STAT",
stats: [
{
statId: "61",
delta: 41
},
{
statId: "62",
},
{
statId: "63",
},
{
statId: "64",
}
],
sockets: [ ]
},

Unlike the other two Bonus IDs, which map to the entire chance type, 40, 41, 42, and 43 map to only ONE of the "STAT" chance type. This is inconsistent.

Further, I would like to suggest making the bonusSummary key actually useful by adding the Bonus ID as a key to each chance type, so we can tell what bonus ID maps to what chance without having to hit the API for every bonus ID to guess. This is what I would expect to see in the bonusChances key:

bonusChances: [
{
bonusId: 499,
chanceType: "UPGRADE",
upgrade: {
upgradeType: "NAME_DESCRIPTION",
name: "Warforged",
id: 11428
},
{
statId: "ilevel",
delta: 6
},
{
statId: "5",
delta: 4
},
{
statId: "7",
delta: 7
},
{
statId: "36",
delta: 2
},
{
statId: "45",
delta: 56
},
{
statId: "49",
delta: 4
}
],
},
{
bonusId: 42,
{
statId: "61",
}
],
},
{
bonusId: 41,
{
statId: "62",
}
],
},
{
bonusId: 40,
{
statId: "63",
}
],
},
{
bonusId: 43,
{
statId: "64",
}
],
},
{
bonusId: 523,
chanceType: "SOCKET",
stats: [ ],
sockets: [
{
socketType: "PRISMATIC"
}
]
}
]

This may even make the chanceBonusLists key obsolete, given that all the bonus IDs would show up in the bonusChances section.
Any update on the API changes how that Warlords of dreanor have been released?
11/17/2014 08:58 AMPosted by Morloderex
Any update on the API changes how that Warlords of dreanor have been released?

Nope! :D

On a related note I need to touch base with the WoW API folks. This week is kind of short due to American Thanksgiving, but I'll try to see what I can swing.

٩(。•ω•。)و
Any updates?
The team is working on a number of behind the scenes tasks. The most relevant piece of news I can share is that I believe we've resolved the issues with Oceanic realms. API queries for guilds and characters on those realms should be resolved.
Guild news itemLoot messages don't include the creation context, for example:

{
"type":"itemLoot",
"character":"Kyaa",
"timestamp":1419405720000,
"itemId":113661
}, {
"type": "itemLoot",
"character": "Kyaa",
"timestamp": 1419464400000,
"itemId": 113661
}

I have an app that tracks loot wishlists and want to be able to determine whether to mark the item as "acquired". I need the context because I don't want to mark a mythic item as "acquired" if the player has only picked up the normal version.

One of the above examples is the heroic version of the item, and the other is a normal version. The loot news indicates that I looted the same item twice which is not the case.
Item context in news feeds & guild progression endpoint needs to be added to the wishlist/suggestion list.