Getting WoW game data like icons

API Discussion
Hey,

since warlords blizzards changed their file format to ".idx" I cannot access the game icons anymore.

Is there any way I can get the ingame icons? I need them with the exact name, so I can match them with the pet battle api.

And is it legal to use them in a free application?
with the launch of MOP you not need to load the mpq's any more

in your launcher go to settings for the name add -console to the command line arguments
open game at any screen press the "~/`" key usually in the top left corner of the keyboard
then type in ExportInterfaceFiles Art
and they export the images to the wow dir in blp format :)
ah thank you Ulminia, excatly what I was looking for. :)
Has this changed?

ExportInterfaceFiles Art = Unknown Command. Did I miss something?
It worked fine for me. Are you sure you ran it from the right place?
Sure? No. But following the directions above opens the black and white console on the top of the screen, and the command ExportInterfaceFiles Art returns Unknown Command. Is there something else that needs to happen, be turned on, installed, etc?
i just tryed this again to get the new 6.1 icons and it worked
@Fogyreef It returns that if you run the command while you´re logged into a character. Try to run it from the character selection screen.
you dont even need to be logged int o the game i do this from the login screen most of the time
03/07/2015 04:02 AMPosted by reebow
@Fogyreef It returns that if you run the command while you´re logged into a character. Try to run it from the character selection screen.

Just had the same issue and then did what you mentioned. It worked! thank you!