Duplicate battle.net app icon

Bug Report
When I click on the battle.net application icon on my taskbar to start the program, it spawns a duplicate battle.net app icon on my taskbar right next to it, so that I have two battle.net application icons running on my taskbar at the same time.

I have no idea what is causing it.

Here is what it looks when I sign into windows.

http://s16.postimg.org/6n2wg292d/image.png

Here is what it looks like after I click on the battle.net application.

http://s11.postimg.org/pide1u2z7/image.png

Any suggestions?
Hello gudayacej,

The first icon on your task bar is a link to the Battle.net Launcher. When you click the icon, the launcher does some checks to make sure the Battle.net Desktop App is up-to-date, then opens the app and closes itself. The Battle.net Desktop App uses the same icon, but is a separate process, which is why it gets a separate entry on your taskbar.

In your second screenshot, only the Battle.net Desktop App is running (only it has a highlighted border around the icon). The link to the Battle.net Launcher remains in the taskbar because it is pinned, so that it remains available for you to click the next time you want to launch Battle.net

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you have further questions.
Hello

Thanks for clarifying.

Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense, as I only need one icon to use the program - which is not only the case with the battle.net application but all other programs that I run on my taskbar.
05/06/2015 04:09 PMPosted by oldskoolguy
Im sorry but that makes absolutely no sense, as I only need one icon to use the program - which is not only the case with the battle.net application but all other programs that I run on my taskbar.

We agree. This is something we hope to address in the future.
i got the same problem, is frustrating to see that, and the funny thing, i'm using windows 10 insider preview, and when i installed the windows 10 was fine, no duplicate, and then i reinstalled bnet and this frustrating duplicate came out, is there any way to fix this?
Edit1: and i can creat 2 pinned icons, so i can see 3 icons of battle.net app on my taskbar is crazy!
Have you tried unpinning and repinning while its running?
i've tried everything that i searched on the internet, seems its not windows problem.
is some sort of battle.net black magic.
lil bump
06/29/2015 11:31 PMPosted by Knurd
i got the same problem, is frustrating to see that, and the funny thing, i'm using windows 10 insider preview, and when i installed the windows 10 was fine, no duplicate, and then i reinstalled bnet and this frustrating duplicate came out, is there any way to fix this?
Edit1: and i can creat 2 pinned icons, so i can see 3 icons of battle.net app on my taskbar is crazy!

Got this bug also on Windows 10, newest build 10162. iTunes also does this. Filed a bug report in the windows feedback app, you can upvote it there so the ms devs fix it.
Running Windows 10 here and facing the same issue.
Same here with final version of Windows 10. I do not know what causes this bug, but on my second pc also with Windows 10 it works normally. (both with clean win10 instalation)
Having the same problem with the final version of Windows 10 Pro N x64

I didn't have this problem in W8.1
Same here. Windows 10 Pro x64, clean install. Pinning the active app does not solve the problem.
Same here. Hope it will be fixed soon!
I have the same problem.
Same problem.
I have the same problem in Windows 10 Final build
Perhaps this will help narrow down the issue:

On one machine with Windows 10, I do not have the duplicate battle.net icon. Also, if I right-click the icon (running or not), I get a menu of games and actions (typical Windows 7-style taskbar action menu). This install of Windows 10 was an in-place upgrade from Windows 8.1 update.

On the other machine with Windows 10, I DO have the duplicate battle.net icon. If I right-click the icon (running or not), the only options are to un-pin. This install of Windows 10 was from fresh from the official .ISO images.
Windows 10, same problem.
Have the issue as well on Windows 10, have tried everything and still have two icons. Seems like it started with the last update.