Duplicate battle.net app icon

Bug Report
Stalken, you beautiful SOB.
Thank you so much Stalken!
Worked for me too on a fresh Windows 10 install.

Thank you,
be wary when trying that "fix". It might or might not be related, but i never had a problem installing Nvidia drivers until i used this "fix". Upon 359 nvidia driver download and attempt to install, it crashes bnet along with a rundll32.exe error
This fix worked for me too on fresh Windows 10 install, no issue with nVidia Driver 359.00.

Thank you too.
im still waiting for blizzard to fix this themselves
I can't believe this is still an issue.... no official fixes for this yet?
10/15/2015 07:37 PMPosted by Stalken
I solved the issue on Windows 10 fresh install for myself. Hopefully this'll help you too.

The problem is that the "AppUserModelID" for the shortcut doesn't match the EXE.

Here were the steps I did to correct
  • Delete any current taskbar shorcuts
  • Google: mkshortcut.exe and download (was first result for me)
  • Open Battle.net install folder. Typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net
  • Copy downloaded mkshortcut.exe into Battle.net folder
  • Shift + right-click anywhere in folder (not on a file) and select "Open Command Prompt Here"
  • Run the Command: mkshortcut.exe -output Battle.net.lnk -target "%cd%\Battle.net.exe" -appid "BlizzardEntertainment.Battlenet.Beta"
  • Drag newly created shortcut from Battle.Net folder to Taskbar

THANK YOU!! It works for me.
Worked for me too! Nice find!
I solved the issue on Windows 10 fresh install for myself. Hopefully this'll help you too.

The problem is that the "AppUserModelID" for the shortcut doesn't match the EXE.

• Shift + right-click anywhere in folder (not on a file) and select "Open Command Prompt Here"
  • Run the Command: mkshortcut.exe -output Battle.net.lnk -target "%cd%\Battle.net.exe" -appid "BlizzardEntertainment.Battlenet.Beta"

Thanks!

This worked for me on my desktop running Windows 10, but the issue still persists on my Macbook laptop.

Is there a similar .dmg or mac-compatible execution directive (mkshortcut.exe) that can be used to make a singular shortcut?
AMAZING! Thanks :)
Same issue here. blizzard working hard to fix it as usual!
Blizzard should hire this guy, since he cares about things that community ask for.

Thanks! ^^
Yo dawg, I heard you liked launchers, so I made a launcher for your launcher, so you can launch your launcher.

P.S. This is retarded. Battle.net by definition is already a launcher, you shouldn't be building a launcher for your launcher. As others have mentioned, this causes Windows to be unable to dedupe between the two since they're technically two separate applications. I don't know who at Blizzard thought this was a good idea, but you need to fix it to follow the same pattern as Steam, Origin, and every other launcher on the planet. (Yes, I'm saying Battle.net is worse than Origin, and that's saying something!)
please fix this
05/06/2015 04:38 PMPosted by Vexis

We agree. This is something we hope to address in the future.

Now is the future , but still haven't corrected .. this is a little annoying thing :(

Thanks this worked for me, bud I had to put ".\" before the command like this:
  • .\mkshortcut.exe -output Battle.net.lnk -target "%cd%\Battle.net.exe" -appid "BlizzardEntertainment.Battlenet.Beta"
  • and after clicking the sortcut for the first time I had to locate the Battle.net.exe file manually but it woked after all so thanks again! Cant believe this is still not fixed 2 years later ....
    One day.
    Uhm, sorry for the necropost but i was actually searching for a fix of the 'duplicate taskbar icon', but what worked for me is to actually pin the ''World of Warcraft Launcher.exe'' from your World of Warcraft folder.

when you launch it, only 1 instance of the battle.net launcher pops up. no dupes.

have a try? i hope this helps.