Can't find my friends

Bug Report
When i search for my friends Battletag #XXXX i doesn't find anyone, neither when my friend search for mine? Others having the same problem? any ideas on how to fix it?
Hello GirafTrussen,

This sounds like you may be encountering a Battle.net App region vs game region mismatch. The regions (Americas, Europe and Asia) have separate friends lists, and you won't see friends from one region in the other.

You can check which region you are logged into by clicking the dropdown below your BattleTag in the upper right corner of the main window, and change regions by logging out of the Battle.net Desktop App and selecting a different region in the dropdown on top of the login screen.
am in the same region and I em experimenting the same problem
Try using email, that worked for me.
Yes, this still doesn't seem to be working. I've always added by email and I'm reminded why. The search by name or battle tag doesn't work :) It only finds recent people you played with by battle tag.
changing realm worked for me its weird, im playing on oceanic but ive set my battlenet to Americas and now it works, i think this may be because im still using the same wow install from like 10 years ago before there was a oceanic. (copy past quicker than reinstall)
same region doesn't work crap website
same problem. not sure what i'm doing wrong :p
habing the same problem here
Same here. Was the same region as some guys I met on discord and we couldn't find each other though we were all on European region. This is not two people this was 4 guys not be able to find each other via battletag.
05/19/2015 02:19 PMPosted by Zaruba
Hello GirafTrussen,

This sounds like you may be encountering a Battle.net App region vs game region mismatch. The regions (Americas, Europe and Asia) have separate friends lists, and you won't see friends from one region in the other.

You can check which region you are logged into by clicking the dropdown below your BattleTag in the upper right corner of the main window, and change regions by logging out of the Battle.net Desktop App and selecting a different region in the dropdown on top of the login screen.

i do what you recommand, and i get ERROR 3
I seem to be having the same issue of not being able to find the battletag I'm looking for...
I've been on master overwatch and checked all regions and it still won't show up :(.
This makes me a sad panda.
Yo guys I lost my friend on Overwatch because i was being annoying to him and his name is Biohazard so when I went here i saw someone named Biohazard i freaked out. So how do I friend my friend again in battle.net? Please help me i tried clicking on his profile.
all my friends are completely gone and it says 0/0 friends
I can't find friends. Why does this occur ?
My friends are disappearing too randomly. It's strange. All in the same region, just one by one poofing.
My friends are online but it's showing none of them online. Also five of them were removed from my friends list since yesterday.
Same here. 3 of my good friends were gone from my list this morning. two of them are IRL friends so I'll just add them back but the 3rd one is going to be hard to reach. Any news about this?
just got contact with our friend from canada, just like me and my other friend here in america for some reason he was removed and something about being blocked on both our ends.
I dont even know where to find my friends list to where I can find them via there actual Battle.net name and its really annoying because he doesnt know where to find his numberset.