PSA: New Changes Coming to AH/Realm Data in the APIs

API Discussion
Thanks for the reports. We've got a fix for the fix, but it will take a bit for the updated to propagate. You should see something in the next couple hours.

(๑꒪▿꒪)*
UPDATE: There is something squirrely with the formatting in some of the AH data dumps for certain realms. This should be resolving itself over time...basically within the next hour or so when the next AH dump hits.

Specifically for Aerie Peak - that one should be fixed now.

Also - the devs have asked if you could include the API links they're hitting and not just posting partial responses. That really helps in trouble shooting.

Thanks all! Keep posting if you are having issues.
UPDATE: The fix for the fix for the fix is now live...it should be fixed across all realms so realm names should be good.

Also - the AH data dump time issue should be resolved as well.

If you can help us out and validate it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of your assistance and patience on this issue.
08/20/2015 02:14 PMPosted by Andanion
UPDATE: The fix for the fix for the fix is now live...it should be fixed across all realms so realm names should be good.

Also - the AH data dump time issue should be resolved as well.

If you can help us out and validate it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all of your assistance and patience on this issue.

I can confirm US is back about to ~1 hour, and EU is back to ~25 min. This is approx what we were seeing pre-fix.

Can you explain why US can't get the same times as EU? I have always wondered that.
08/20/2015 10:46 PMPosted by Muffin
Can you explain why US can't get the same times as EU? I have always wondered that.

That is a good question. Personally, I don't have the answer. Let me see if I can dig something up for you.

Also - thank you for confirming! :D
Any updates Andanion? I know its just the start of a new week but thought I'd check.

Thanks!
08/21/2015 04:17 PMPosted by Andanion
08/20/2015 10:46 PMPosted by Muffin

That is a good question. Personally, I don't have the answer. Let me see if I can dig something up for you.

Also - thank you for confirming! :D

Were you able to dig anything up?

Thanks again! :)
08/31/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Muffin

I was and I discovered that the system is working as intended :)
08/31/2015 09:46 AMPosted by Andanion
08/31/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Muffin

I was and I discovered that the system is working as intended :)

That wasn't what I had asked. I never thought it was "broken", just "unfair".

Per my previous post...

"Can you explain why US can't get the same times as EU? I have always wondered that."

You said you were going to look into it. :)

I hope we can still get an answer!
08/31/2015 12:00 PMPosted by Muffin
That wasn't what I had asked. I never thought it was "broken", just "unfair".

Per my previous post...

"Can you explain why US can't get the same times as EU? I have always wondered that."

You said you were going to look into it. :)

I hope we can still get an answer!

I understand. That was me basically saying "I can't discuss it anymore" in a silly way.
08/31/2015 12:08 PMPosted by Andanion
I understand. That was me basically saying "I can't discuss it anymore" in a silly way.

Can you discuss why the AH updates always seem to break after patches? There are a few realms which have resumed updates, but many still haven't updated since the maintenance ended.
09/02/2015 08:26 AMPosted by Sapu
Can you discuss why the AH updates always seem to break after patches? There are a few realms which have resumed updates, but many still haven't updated since the maintenance ended.

Let me reach out to the dev's. They all should have updated by now. Details to come...
UPDATE: The devs are hoping to look at the realm updating issue sometime next week. I'll post more when I get more details.
09/02/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Andanion
UPDATE: The devs are hoping to look at the realm updating issue sometime next week. I'll post more when I get more details.

That is EXTREMELY disheartening... many realms have not updated yet and there is a multitude of 3rd parties (TSM, TheUndermineJournal, etc) that rely on this data.

This happens after patches almost like clockwork.

Having such a large part of the API broken shouldn't be something shoved off until next week.

I don't mean to be disrespectful of curt, but this literally (and I do mean literally) happens after every content patch... and then after every content patch we go through this whole process of reporting issues etc... Shouldn't there be some kind of unit testing in place by now that keeps this from happening?
09/02/2015 09:23 AMPosted by Muffin
That is EXTREMELY disheartening...

I totally understand and respect your position. We're working on a lot of things to help remedy issues like this long-term.
UPDATE: The realm updating issue "should" be resolved now. Please verify when you can.

If you still have issues, please post in this thread. Apologies for the issues.
09/02/2015 03:58 PMPosted by Andanion
UPDATE: The realm updating issue "should" be resolved now. Please verify when you can.

If you still have issues, please post in this thread. Apologies for the issues.

Looks to be updating as expected now, thank you for the quick turn around.

Can you discuss what steps will be taken to prevent this regular occurrence?
The update time issue is back. Are you guys actively monitoring update times? Seems like something that should trigger an alert somewhere.
Thanks for the report. The team has confirmed and resolved the issue. Everything should be back to normal. Let us know if you see any other issues.

ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐
Thanks for the fast fix. I had heard complaints about long update times a couple of days ago but didn't check until this morning and saw that they were long. Turns out that it just started this morning.

(appropriate emoji)