Overwatch API

API Discussion
Hello,

I have a little question for the Overwatch developers.

I'm aware that not much info has been released about Overwatch, but I'd really like to know if you're planning on releasing the API on launch or shorty after? The Hearthstone situation really worries me, since an API for that still hasn't been released.

Thank you,
sprEEEzy
08/17/2015 08:14 AMPosted by sprEEEzy
Hello,

I have a little question for the Overwatch developers.

I'm aware that not much info has been released about Overwatch, but I'd really like to know if you're planning on releasing the API on launch or shorty after? The Hearthstone situation really worries me, since an API for that still hasn't been released.

Thank you,
sprEEEzy

Throm-Ka sprEEEzy!

The Overwatch Development Team is looking into many areas where community facing APIs can add a benefit to the players overall experience. They are very excited about the potential of Overwatch APIs. That being said, Overwatch is still very much in the development phase and there are no announcements to make concerning community APIs for the game at this time.
Thank you for your reply Andanion.
08/17/2015 02:52 PMPosted by sprEEEzy
Thank you for your reply Andanion.

No problem. I'm sorry I could not give you better info right now.
Now that the beta info is released, can you say anything about an api?
10/14/2015 08:01 PMPosted by xorth
Now that the beta info is released, can you say anything about an api?

Throm-Ka xorth!

The Overwatch Development Team is looking into many areas where community facing APIs can add a benefit to the players overall experience. They are very excited about the potential of Overwatch APIs. That being said, Overwatch is still very much in the development phase and there are no announcements to make concerning community APIs for the game at this time.
Haha guys, be patient. I'm sure blizzard will provide us a nice API features for leaderboard and maybe gamecontent.
What is this word "patient" I will have to look that up.
I'm looking for some information on this! Is this where I should check back for updates?
I've been wondering if the ability to pull match data as an XML document is a future possibility.
Throm-Ka iSitDown2pee!

A little unicorns rant
I'm sad and feel like EU blizzard kinda hates me beacuse I've been playing their games since 2005 and spent quite much money on them, not that but I was also very early with signing up for the closed beta, I'm just frustrated I guess my account didn't get flagged.
Patience is a virtue for so long.
Cheers, looking forward to play this amazing game!
10/30/2015 03:11 PMPosted by Andanion
Throm-Ka iSitDown2pee!

Thanks for the feedback Andanian,

I've developed several Champion/Personal Statistic sites for other popular games, and I would love to get started on the Overwatch site. Have a template ready, just waiting for the API!

I'd really prefer not to go the route that HotsLogs went, and I am not even sure its possible at the moment because the end game screen doesn't show everyone's stats (I might be wrong on this, I haven't played myself yet); so I am not entirely sure how I will develop that yet. At any rate I will be keeping a close eye on this topic in anticipation. Please keep me updated!
Really glad to hear the excitement! I didn't want to sound like I was in a rush, I completely understand Overwatch is in development and I'd definitely rather be patient for more effective tools.

I just don't want to miss any updates on this, and I'm hoping developers can give some input to what they think might be useful.

Thanks your replies Andanion :)
If you'd like to keep an eye on the announcmeents without having to review the entire forum, head over to the Announcements & API Updates thread. We update it whenever we have a new info to share.

( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to say that I would also love to see an API added for Overwatch information.
Hello there,

Any news on the Overwatch API front?

Thank you in advance.

Peace.

J.
maybe this is means something, maybe not

https://lumerico.mx/api
Any update on this? Game is out for a while now..
Last post i could find about this was updated somewhere in august. Were 2 months down the road now..
I'm beginning to think that there won't be an API for any games released after D3. We still have no API for Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch.
10/28/2016 06:19 AMPosted by Dawg6
I'm beginning to think that there won't be an API for any games released after D3. We still have no API for Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm or Overwatch.

And API for SC2 don't work ...