Starcraft BroodWar on windows 10!

Support
When I try to install sc broodwar on windows 10, I can load battle.net and login, but everything is overlapped and I cant read anything. When I join a game, I try to choose a race and the screen just goes black to where I cant see anything, when the game starts, still cant see anything!!! Please help me fix !!!
So for the overlapping text and images, you won't be able to fix that while playing in full screen mode, this is normal behavior for Windows 8 and above. For the black screen, this is the first time I've heard of it on Windows 10, have you applied any color fixes yet?
No i have not can i try and play it in windowed mode to fix overlapping? and if so how do i do that?
What color fix should I try?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/465487-mca64launcher-20
There's a windowed mode plugin in mca64Launcher
Ok so, I downloaded broodwar on my new computer (windows 10). When I do regular campaign its fine. When I do multiplayer it does not let me get into the game. It tries to load but keeps telling me I need a software update. Any ideas? I downloaded from blizzards page btw.
07/18/2016 09:45 PMPosted by Spideypool
Ok so, I downloaded broodwar on my new computer (windows 10). When I do regular campaign its fine. When I do multiplayer it does not let me get into the game. It tries to load but keeps telling me I need a software update. Any ideas? I downloaded from blizzards page btw.

Download and install the 1.16.1 manual patch: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/broodwar/patches/PC/BW-1161.exe
So it seems like whenever my computer (windows 10) finishes a mission or a LAN game, it says error when its supposed to go to the score screen. It seemed to first start when I saved my game on the fifth mission of episode 1. Then my game wouldn't let me save the game later. Even if I pressed save 5 times it wouldn't say save complete and I lost all of my progress mission when I finished it. Would it be just a scratch on the disc I used? Or an error in the download of the game?
Run as admin
O starcraft I funciona no windows 10??
12/08/2016 04:39 AMPosted by AdeBB
O starcraft I funciona no windows 10??

Sim, funciona.
after I install the game it asks me to put a cd in the computer after I bought and downloaded the game idk how to get it on my computer has anyone had this problem.
The game works great on windows 10 as it did when i ran it in Windows 95. Main issue it now the sounds in certain parts during the game sound choppy or incomplete. Clicking on certain units and or buildings buildings wont play their usual normal sounds clearly and completely. Does anyone know a possible solution to this issue? I know it might have to do with it running on Windows 10, and or because since the game is so old the sound driver doesn't register the input from the game correctly. Another game I Play called WarThunder does this as well. I'm running Starcraft Original and Brood War on my Asus G752VL, Intel Core i7-6700 HQ CPU 2.60 GHz, 2.59GHz with 12GB RAM , and 64 bit operating system. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,
Can I play to Starcraft I and BroodWar on Windows 10 without problems? Is it totally compatible? Must I install some special patch or another thing? Many thanks.
Hello,

i get this error while trying to launch the blizz downloader for SCBW

"this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

any idea how to fix it?

needless to say i wasn't able to play the game on win10 since i wasn't even able to install it
03/26/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Djon
Hello,

i get this error while trying to launch the blizz downloader for SCBW

"this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

any idea how to fix it?

needless to say i wasn't able to play the game on win10 since i wasn't even able to install it

actually i made it work with
- troubleshoot program using standard windows10 option
- this program worked well with windows7
- test program

after that it started working and the download began immediately
hello,
I have downloaded the installer for sc/bw but once launched I only have the options:
- play starcraft
- tech support
- exit installer
But each time I click on play sc, it doesn't achieve anything..
Any ideas?
Thanks
I play StarCraft 1. That's really it, I'm excited about remastered as well. Now there is the update to Brood War last night that now says verify video card is up to date and gives me this error code 42035024-4D19-4863-9343-C57E4C06B232. I played SC2 on same computer, why video card update now? Windows 10 says card is up to date!? Please help...
M15FIT,

Could you please post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Press Windows Key + R.
Type DxDiag and press Enter.
In the DxDiag window, at the bottom, click Save All Information.
Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save. (note where it's been saved so you can find it)

Locate the Dxdiag.txt file just created and open it to copy and paste ALL of it's contents into your reply.
Whenever I turn the game on, it works for a second and turns off immediately. Could I get some help on this issue?