Battle.net Launcher Not showing up in the start menu on Windows 10

Bug Report
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I cannot see or pin the Battle.net launcher to my Windows 10 start menu. I can pin the app on the task bar though. Any ideas?
Same here. Windows 10 is not even finding the application when I write its name in the search box.
Same here, just tried to redownload and reinstall, but nothing showed up in the menu, it's annoying.
I'm also having the issue. I had to pin it to the task bar after uninstalling and reinstalling on my desktop, but my laptop has absolutely no issue...
Hello foxfirefizz,

Would it be possible for you to gather and send us a copy of your Battle.net Logs by following the instructions on this page: http://battle.net/support/article/6662? It will help us to better understand the cause of the issue.

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com
Use this line for the subject: [foxfirefizz] [Battle.net Launcher Not showing up in the start menu on Windows 10] [19892609072]

Thanks!
Hello, I am having the same problem. Freshly reinstalled the system and Battle.net is fully functional, but not to be found in All programs or with the system search. Report will follow with the same subject as requested from the previous user. Except for the username, of course.
Can confirm this bug. I just installed the Battle.net client on a freshly installed Windows 10 (build 10586 v1511) and it does not properly add Battle.net to the Start Menu. In addition, a Cortana search does not show the Battle.net client executable on the system.

Temporary solution... browse to your Battle.net client install directory, right click the .exe, create a shortcut... copy shortcut to Desktop (if you want) and right click it and "Pin to Start" or "Pin to Taskbar" and it will show up as a tile in the Start Menu or on the Taskbar, respectively.

This isn't the only program with this issue, so it may be some specific issue with Windows 10 and certain app installers.

Hope that helps.
Hi, I'm having similar problems with Windows 7 after a fresh installation. I will send logs using the instructions above.
Same here, except that I am using Windows 8.1 with Update.

Blizzard, just give users the option to "create a start menu group" for Battle.net during its setup.

I've found a workaround by opening the Battle.net installation folder, right-clicking the launcher and choosing "pin to start". It doesn't fix the start menu group issue but solves the "pin to start" one.
I have been running Windows 10 since it debuted and the Battle.net launcher and all programs associated appeared where they should in the Start menu, showed up in search, and Cortana was able to open them when I asked from across the room. I uninstalled them to cut down on distractions with a deadline I had in October.

When I reinstall the launcher and Hearthstone, they no longer show up in Cortana's search or response. They do not show up as New Programs on the program list and don't appear on the Start menu. I can add them by pinning the .exe files, but that's not the same functionality I enjoy with all my other programs.

The launcher and programs are fully functional otherwise.
Same here, any plan to fix this? it's a bit annoying...
I had the same issue. I finally ran the Battle.net installer in compatibility mode for Windows 8 (go to installer properties, compatibility tab, and check the "compatibility mode" box), and then ran it as administrator(right click on the installer, and click on "Run as Administrator"). It could be that it was just one or the other that fixed the problem, but in any case, Battle.net is now in my start menu!
12/24/2015 08:42 PMPosted by Krawlie
I had the same issue. I finally ran the Battle.net installer in compatibility mode for Windows 8 (go to installer properties, compatibility tab, and check the "compatibility mode" box), and then ran it as administrator(right click on the installer, and click on "Run as Administrator"). It could be that it was just one or the other that fixed the problem, but in any case, Battle.net is now in my start menu!

this worked for me =)
same issue here on a fresh install on a brand new machine.
Same issue here. On Windows 10 LTSB.
Same issue here. Shortcut was outdated and deleted, now I can't find the exe
Same situation. Installed Battle.net launcher on a fresh install of Windows 10 last month. I also installed HotS, Hearthstone, and WoW through the launcher. These games show up in the start menu but the launcher does not anymore. This seems to be a recent change. My previous install of Battle.net and Windows 10 (both installed in August 2015) listed the launcher correctly.
I've noticed this as well on my recent Windows 10 build. The Battle.net shortcut will not appear in the Start Menu after install.

I hate shortcuts on my Desktop however, so I always uncheck the box to place a shortcut their. But it seems that this will ALSO prevent the Battle.net shortcut from being placed in the Start Menu.

So, I just reinstalled the client, left the option to create a Desktop shortcut on, and the installer also created a Start Menu shortcut. Then I just delete the shortcut from the Desktop.