Battle.net Launcher Not showing up in the start menu on Windows 10

Bug Report
02/07/2016 11:21 AMPosted by EmperorMing
I've noticed this as well on my recent Windows 10 build. The Battle.net shortcut will not appear in the Start Menu after install.

I hate shortcuts on my Desktop however, so I always uncheck the box to place a shortcut their. But it seems that this will ALSO prevent the Battle.net shortcut from being placed in the Start Menu.

So, I just reinstalled the client, left the option to create a Desktop shortcut on, and the installer also created a Start Menu shortcut. Then I just delete the shortcut from the Desktop.

This fixed my issue as well! hint hint Blizzard
I've done a lot of searching on the web and I would like to point out that this is probably an error on the Windows 10 side. It seems to me (and others) like the OS does not properly index all items.

Most interesting part of this is that my upgraded version of Windows 10 on my laptop has no problems finding battle.net or steam when I search for them. The only time I've encountered this issue is with a new computer I've built and a fresh Windows 10 install.

Food for thought. I know it's not a solution, but it might allow you to start searching for solutions elsewhere.
OKAY EVERYONE

I got the answer for all of you boys and gals.

Navigate to your start menu folder (C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs)
(You may need to enable the viewing of hidden files)

Right click in this folder and select "New" then select "Shortcut".

Navigate to your battle.net folder and Select "Battle.net Launcher.exe"

Click "Next"

Enter "Battle.Net"

DONE!
Was able pin my Battle.net shortcut to my star bar but still unable to search for Battle.net application through Windows search function.
11/27/2015 05:25 PMPosted by Scootle
Temporary solution... browse to your Battle.net client install directory, right click the .exe, create a shortcut... copy shortcut to Desktop (if you want) and right click it and "Pin to Start" or "Pin to Taskbar" and it will show up as a tile in the Start Menu or on the Taskbar, respectively.

This worked for me, thanks!
Same problem here.
Yeah, same. Since I use Windows Search to open programs this is sorta annoying.

To clarify: Battle.net installed fine, runs fine, but is not indexed in any of Windows functions, so I cannot search on it. It does appear correctly in the Uninstall A Program control panel applet.
02/07/2016 11:21 AMPosted by EmperorMing
I've noticed this as well on my recent Windows 10 build. The Battle.net shortcut will not appear in the Start Menu after install.

I hate shortcuts on my Desktop however, so I always uncheck the box to place a shortcut their. But it seems that this will ALSO prevent the Battle.net shortcut from being placed in the Start Menu.

So, I just reinstalled the client, left the option to create a Desktop shortcut on, and the installer also created a Start Menu shortcut. Then I just delete the shortcut from the Desktop.

I noticed this on two computers this weekend; one running Windows 10 x64, the other running Windows 7 SP1 x64. Reinstalling with the desktop shortcut option checked resolved the issue for me as well.
This is still a problem, though the workaround does help, you have to keep doing it each time the battle.net app does an update because it breaks the shortcut so to speak. Anyway it's rather annoying and hope they can get it fixed... soon...
I'm still running into this issue. Reinstalling it and letting it create a shortcut didn't add it to my start menu either. I've got it pinned there right now but it still doesn't appear in "All Apps" and I can't search for it.
Ran into this issue tonight I have Windows 10 home. I had installed the battle.net client and it didn't show up anywhere on All apps or start menu. This fix worked for me. I uninstalled the battle.net client but kept my game install which was Overwatch. I then started up Overwatch and it prompted me to reinstalled the client through it. Windows 10 then recognized the battle.net client and it was now in All apps. From there I was able to create a shortcut to my start menu.
As someone else mentioned above, if you leave the "put shortcut on my desktop" checkbox checked, it will also create the start menu shortcut. You can then just delete the desktop shortcut.

If you uncheck the checkbox, it won't create a shortcut in either place. So yea, bug.
I have this issue. In windows 10, every time the battle.net launcher updates the taskbar shortcut stops working. This has been happening ever since I switched to Windows 10 6 months ago.
I have this issue too. Has anyone managed to fix the issue?
Every time battle.net updates I have to reinstall it because the shortcut uses the old version. When I try playing games with the old version though, I get really bad ping (500 ping in Overwatch).
I suddenly have it too, Battle.net client shows up but WOW itself does not haha
This still seems to be an issue. I just pinned the launcher to the start menu. I had a feeling it had something to do with creating a desktop shortcut box. It seems like it's something that could be fixed on Blizzard's end even if it's caused by differences in Windows 10, since no other program I've installed has had this problem.
I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents:

• Fresh Install of Windows 10
  • Installed Battle.net without Desktop Shortcut Checked; Windows couldn't find the app event though it was installed in C://Programx86 file (Though WoW was in the same folder and was found
  • Uninstalled via Windows tools
  • Reinstalled with that little box checked for Desktop Shortcut
  • Magically Windows is able to find the application in that exact same folder this time!
  • Where ever the issue is, I wish there was a fix so this wouldn't keep happening
    same issue on Windows 10. After installation, it neither shows up in Start Menu nor in Program list. Have to browse to C:/ drive every time to run the launcher.
    Had same issue, had to reinstalled with the checkbox selected.

Funny how almost 9 months after being reported, Blizzard still hasn't done anything about it. Either change the program to say "Create Desktop AND Start Menu Shortcut" or give two separate boxes to select from.

Can't even find time to update an installer with a line of text... that's lazy.
    Had the exact same issue today, fresh Windows 10 install.