Battle.net desktop app freezes all the time

Bug Report
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
my battlenet launcher freezes everytime i click on anything... and after a looong moment it unfreezes until i click again... but its sooo annoying so i dont play blizzard games much these days
Yet another release of the App and ITS STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!! Seriously!! With all the money you guys get from subs and lootboxes and you can't figure this out?!?!?! How many more complaints do I and others have to file before this finally gets fixed? I've tried your "solutions" as previously stated and NONE OF THEM WORK!!!!

EVERY. DAMN. TIME. I want to go play one of your games, or even send a chat to a friend, I have to wait in upwards of 3-5 mins for your damn App to "unlock" itself and allow me to do the simplest things. I couldnt even change my damn Profile avatar with the new update without waiting 5 mins for the "refresh" or whatever the hell the App is doing.
I am seriously at the point of uninstalling ALL Blizzard games, this app and never playing another Blizzard product again.
I can't actually use the bnet launcher after the update

Everytime I click on anything it freezes, it also refuses to update overwatch

Anyone know what I can do about this?
Another successful "we know whats best for you".
The app now freezes, slows to a crawl, changes my desktop background while its frozen, sometimes even pops up on its own while not even being open.

Unfortunately looks like im uninstalling battle.net until they fix this...
10/27/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Ganold
Another successful "we know whats best for you".
The app now freezes, slows to a crawl, changes my desktop background while its frozen, sometimes even pops up on its own while not even being open.

Unfortunately looks like im uninstalling battle.net until they fix this...

Do you know if it's fixed? I can't play overwatch for 24 hours now
Freezes for me now too since the last update I think..
I can't even redownload WoW to play it. Why is it freezing? This is ridiculous.
Research says goto internet options, and untick "automatically detect settings" under connections -> network etc.

doing this breaks other things tho, so GL :(
Battle.net app freezes when I read news. Sadly.
12/09/2015 08:02 AMPosted by Tharky
I'm sorry for not giving a detailed information, because I don't know the reason behind it. Couldn't find this bug on known issue, so I'd like to report it.

The desktop app randomly freezes for me and I can't even close it without ending the task. Everything on the app gets locked and can't click on anything. It still renders the last image of the window though, which I guess might help. I mean if I click away and return, it stays like that, instead of being a non-responsive app and turning all white.

Also, this usually happens when I'm out of a game and click on something else on the app. Like friends window or another game icon. I'm sorry for not being able to give any more information, but hope to see this fixed soon.

Edit: I'm using Windows 8.1. Other information about my PC is probably known by blizzard already (with the scan app).

Also, I have seen another topic by another user which seems to be using Windows 10. Since, I haven't upgraded yet, I chose to not delete this topic. If it was unnecessary, sorry and you can delete it.

I got the logs too, if a mod asks for it I'll send a PM, since I don't want my specs to be public.
Exactly same issues with Windows 10. I will also send log etc per forum instructions. This is getting VERY ANNOYING.
09/07/2016 07:25 AMPosted by Syrus
To Resolve this issue.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.exe

then rightclick it and go under properties, and select the tab Compatibility.

Tick the Run as Administrator.

then go under task manager and force close Battle.net Update Agent

then start the desktop battle.net app. the issue should be resolved. but news wont load. this was the way i fixed this issue due to typical M$ user rights management system screwing things up.

If issue still persists. do the same with the Battle.net app. Tick Run as Administrator under Compatibility of Properties.
run as ADMINISTRATOR and no improvement. locks up my rig and have to do a hard reboot. Come on Blizzard, get with it. You certainly have no problem banning people when it suits you. So fix your Buzzard app.
BTW, Here's a wake up call to you inept Blizzard Buzzards. Fix as follows:
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type inetcpl.cpl into the Run window.
3.Click OK.
4.Click the Connections tab.
5.Select Never dial a connection (if available).
6.Click LAN settings.
7.Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN.
8.If Use a proxy server for your LAN is already unchecked, try to toggle Automatically detect settings. If it is checked, uncheck it. If it is not checked, check it.
9.9 Click OK.
11/04/2017 03:41 AMPosted by Peejosity
Research says goto internet options, and untick "automatically detect settings" under connections -> network etc.

doing this breaks other things tho, so GL :(

This fixed it for me.
Hello everyone,

If you've been seeing this happen and it started around the time the change to the Blizzard App took place please follow the instructions below to send us a copy of your logs.

Would it be possible for you to gather and send us a copy of your Battle.net Logs by following the instructions on this page: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/28923? It will help us to better understand the cause of the issue.

This may not result in an immediate fix for your individual issue, but it will go directly towards getting this sort of issue fixed in general. That being said, if we can find anything in your logs that will help us to better troubleshoot your issue, we will do so.

You can email those as a zip archive to this address: toolsupport@blizzard.com
Use this line for the subject (please include your own username): [username] [Battle.net desktop app freezes all the time] [20042935510]

Additionally there are some workarounds you can try that have been laid out here in this thread:

1. Some systems may have other software that will impact other programs that make use of Qt. Look for a Nahimic application; this has been found to cause the issue on some systems and removing Nahimic has fixed the issue for some users.

2. Some users have had success with adjusting internet and/or network settings. Opening the internet options, viewing connections, and unticking automatically detect settings has allowed some users to cease the constant freezing. Others have reported simply toggling the option from what it is currently is enough to fix the freezing.

3. As a final resort some users have been able to fix this issue by deleting the Battle.net or Blizzard Entertainment folders on their system at the following locations:

C:\Users\current user\AppData\Local
C:\Users\current user\AppData\Roaming

This should only be done after collecting logs to send to us. Your settings and cache for the Desktop App will be deleted with these folders so keep in mind you will need to re-enter any saved credentials and your settings will be returned to default.

We are still actively investigating this issue and appreciate any help you're able to offer in helping us track it down. Hopefully one of these workarounds helps get you back to a normal working state while we continue to work on a fix for this to put out with a future release.

Thanks!

2. Some users have had success with adjusting internet and/or network settings. Opening the internet options, viewing connections, and unticking automatically detect settings has allowed some users to cease the constant freezing. Others have reported simply toggling the option from what it is currently is enough to fix the freezing.

Thanks!

This ^ right here fixed it for me. A browser I don't even use. Who'd have thought.
This have been an issue for me and some other people (mostly Radeon R7 200 series users) past battle.net version 7020. Right before ungoro Blizz released a patch that blocked the possibility of using older versions of battle.net thus screwing everyone over that knew about it.

None of the solution here works, only that did :/
I have not been able to play any games for the last 3 weeks. My app runs in the background but is non-responsive. I have tried everything I can think of including all suggestions on forums. I have uninstalled everything and re-installed but nothing works.