Mass Spam/Flood Bots on Battle.net 1.0

General Discussion
r00t here
<-- r00t of bnets
YO QUAIL IF U SEE THIS I SAY HI XD
... and in this forum.
LOL HI BLIZZARD
The problem continues. I think Blizzard needs to offer a solution.
Hey Blizz,

How about give the game a "report spammer" option (thinking it'll include a screenshot somehow).... that way when you get 50 or 100 reports from 50 or 100 different players it'll delete the account or send you a report on that spammer's activities.

Just my 2 cents
08/06/2016 02:26 PMPosted by vonbclan
Hey Blizz,

How about give the game a "report spammer" option (thinking it'll include a screenshot somehow).... that way when you get 50 or 100 reports from 50 or 100 different players it'll delete the account or send you a report on that spammer's activities.

Just my 2 cents

Make it so we can click on the spam while on battle.net opening an option to send message to Blizzard. Sadly though, they can't even remove a spambot account from this forum.
08/06/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Endugu

Make it so we can click on the spam while on battle.net opening an option to send message to Blizzard. Sadly though, they can't even remove a spambot account from this forum.

Sadly spam in all forms disrupts players from enjoying the games they purchased. Blizzard has had this issue on multiple fronts as you have pointed out and they still cant seem to fix it even though its been happening for years.
The ability of players to play with others without problems should be a major concern with Blizzard.
One easy fix would be to restrict channels by client, SC/BW clients are the culprit here.
and the flood continues get our channel OD back get rid that fool once and for all :)
08/08/2016 02:51 PMPosted by IDBY
Sadly spam in all forms disrupts players from enjoying the games they purchased. Blizzard has had this issue on multiple fronts as you have pointed out and they still cant seem to fix it even though its been happening for years. The ability of players to play with others without problems should be a major concern with Blizzard.

They do ban the bots from the forums (or at least I'd hope that's what results from all those spam posts getting removed), but the bots just keep getting new accounts. Not sure if Captcha is used when creating accounts or not but that plus possibly some other measures would help ensure that a human has to go through the effort of constantly making those accounts.

As for Warcraft 3's chat/clan channels you have to manually ban all the account duplicates? For example it's not enough to ban Euro(GoD) but you have to ban each Euro(GoD) that comes into your channel with a # and different number at the end (#740, #856 etc.)? The # symbol is not possible to put in account names, meaning they are duplicates of the same account, so it should at least be able to ban all of an account's duplicates as well so that at least the botter would have to keep making new accounts.
So the original poster asked their question about 9 months ago...where is this long-term solution? Are you telling me you guys were unable to make ANY progress in 9 months? I mean, I know that B.Net legacy games aren't your cash cow...but flat out telling your fans that you're working on a solution and then just bailing out and not responding after 9 months is a pretty awful thing to do. Let me give you guys an important tip in business; don't make promises you can't keep.
12/17/2016 10:48 PMPosted by Random
So the original poster asked their question about 9 months ago...where is this long-term solution? Are you telling me you guys were unable to make ANY progress in 9 months? I mean, I know that B.Net legacy games aren't your cash cow...but flat out telling your fans that you're working on a solution and then just bailing out and not responding after 9 months is a pretty awful thing to do. Let me give you guys an important tip in business; don't make promises you can't keep.

There was no promise about when they'll deliver. I'm sure they're working on a solution, but there are so many things on Blizzard's plate right now.
Evening Random,

Wanted to follow up on your post. We are still working on ways to combat bots and spam within our community, not only in game but also here on the forums.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for because it doesn't impact your day to day gaming experience immediately, but we are working towards a better playing environment for our community in Diablo II, Warcraft III, and StarCraft.

More to come in the near future.

Thanks again for all the feedback and passion,

Clásico
Honestly, whoever is behind Clasico I believe is doing a good job. I love that you guys are responding to your community and being straight up.

As for the spam bots, I'm sure they're making progress as they say. I have no idea how difficult it could be to purge these bots because of the nature of Battle.net 1.0 and the new classic team working with someone else's decade+ old code. It also may have to do with how they shouldn't ban all bots due to how good many of bots have been in communities for personal clan usage and public / private hosting.

Thanks Blizzard. Do try and pick up the pace if feasible, though!
Wc3 Anti-spam solutions
Some ideas to get rid of the unstoppable years-long spam that's flooding our channels and our accounts by whisper.

1. Squelching/Ignoring a spambot account that keeps whispering should eventually get muted if it does not stop.

2. Banning users by IP would significantly reduce the amount of spambot accounts in a clan channel (or OP channel).

3. Clan channels should be able to ban more then 200 accounts by raising the limits.

4. Not opening the clan channel if it is in private mode and no one is in it, and memorising the bans even if we leave the channel.

4. Spambot accounts that join and leave channels in less then a second and still are able to leave long messages in the chat should be voided.

5. An option to ignore whispers from starcraft/diablo accounts, that would be permanently saved even if we log off & an option to not let the sc/d2 accounts join our clan channels (as it is on public channels), option that would be saved even if the clan channel is empty.

Thank you.
#IloveWc3

PS: The best solution if it's not impossible is to be able to channel ban and account squelch as many bots as possible(currently we can ban/squelch only around 150 bots), memorising the bans even if we log off.
i really wish you guys would just move the NA and EU servers to a client like Netease would solve 90% of the problems with spam bots and hackers you all already did it with kalimdor pretty much so it shouldn't be that hard to do
07/31/2016 04:54 PMPosted by IDBY
07/31/2016 02:26 PMPosted by OldSkOoLPro
Want to stop spam find r00t and Mindfulness's ips and perma ban them and wc3 will be fine

So because a clan has a member that you dislike , its chat deserves to be flooded by warbots? I think the situation is that regardless of who is in a clan, attacking the chat of a whole group is wrong.
Blizzard needs to step up and fix the chat controls so that a group can protect itself and the group as a whole can enjoy gaming. Other wise we get vigilantes who seek to impose punishments on a group because they think they are in the right. Acting as judge jury and executioner is just wrong.

nono see you took what i said wrong as Qman aka mindfulness and r00t ( its funny as hell that he posted here ) are the 2 main people who spam US East
08/03/2016 01:52 AMPosted by r00t
r00t here
<-- r00t of bnets
YO QUAIL IF U SEE THIS I SAY HI XD

isn't this the guy who's reponsible for spamming?