Unexpected Error when loading Battle.net App

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 18 Next
For those of you that are getting the issue coming back, please trying the following:

• Open Control Panel.
  • Click Uninstall a program.
  • Right-click on Battle.net and select Uninstall. This will begin the uninstallation process.
    • If the client is not listed, manually uninstall Battle.net:
    • Click Start ( Windows Key + Q in Windows 8), and select All Programs.
    • After locating Battle.net, right-click the file and select Open File Location.
    • Move one folder up and delete the Battle.net folder.

Next let's delete the saved files for the app:
  • First go into Start > Search and type in %LOCALAPPDATA% and look for Battle.net, Blizzard and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders. If you don't have all 3, that's okay just delete the ones you do have.
  • Next same thing only this time type in %APPDATA% look for those same 3 folders and delete the ones you do have.
  • Next same thing only this time type in %TEMP% look for those same 3 folders and delete the ones you do have.
  • Last type in search %PROGRAMDATA% look for those same 3 folders and delete the ones you do have.
  • Finally go ahead and reinstall the app HERE. Make sure that you're installing the game to the default directory or at least the C: drive to be safe, as we are seeing a few customers installing the app to an external drive or a different drive that's not in a supported file format.
11/09/2016 09:10 PMPosted by Halkriel
For those of you that are getting the issue coming back, please trying the following:

• Open Control Panel.
  • Right-click on Battle.net and select Uninstall. This will begin the uninstallation process.
    • After locating Battle.net, right-click the file and select Open File Location.

• First go into Start > Search and type in %LOCALAPPDATA% and look for Battle.net, Blizzard and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders. If you don't have all 3, that's okay just delete the ones you do have.
  • Next same thing only this time type in %APPDATA% look for those same 3 folders and delete the ones you do have.
  • Next same thing only this time type in %TEMP% look for those same 3 folders and delete the ones you do have.
  • Last type in search %PROGRAMDATA% look for those same 3 folders and delete the ones you do have.
  • Finally go ahead and reinstall the app [url="https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml"]HERE[/url].

Worked.
2CEE62E3-25D9-4830-9AD3-24C8DA234D38
11/09/2016 09:10 PMPosted by Halkriel

• Open Control Panel.

• Finally go ahead and reinstall the app [url="https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml"]HERE[/url]. Make sure that you're installing the game to the default directory or at least the C: drive to be safe, as we are seeing a few customers installing the app to an external drive or a different drive that's not in a supported file format.

I was able to fix my launcher by only deleting the folders in %LOCALAPPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA% and %APPDATA%, so I don't think its necessary for some to delete the entire app. Thanks for the help!
I have the same issue. The step by step above does not actually work.
It works one time but as soon as I close the battle.net app and try to launch it again the same error happens.

I tried uninstalling battle.net, all my games, both directories in the ProgramData folder, all three directories in %LOCALAPPDATA%, %APPDATA%, %TEMP% and updating all drivers on my computer , nothing worked.

It seems that it started to happen since the new battle.net update.
11/10/2016 07:43 AMPosted by John
I have the same issue. The step by step above does not actually work.
It works one time but as soon as I close the battle.net app and try to launch it again the same error happens.

I tried uninstalling battle.net, all my games, both directories in the ProgramData folder, all three directories in %LOCALAPPDATA%, %APPDATA%, %TEMP% and updating all drivers on my computer , nothing worked.

It seems that it started to happen since the new battle.net update.

i experience exactly the same issue, my error code:
92D2E423-F45F-491E-A998-2AF4EE6848A4
everyone saying ho muggthug fixed my problem he didndnt restart your pc try open battle.net error will pop out

each time i uninstall resinstall if i close battle.net i cant reopen it

they need to stop being lazy and fix the god dam problem already
Tried everything posted here. It shows battle.net app updating progress bar to about 3/4 finished and then says it can't open the battle.net app. "Please shut down your computer if problem persists."

After shutting down and restarting my computer 23 times do I dare go for an even two dozen? Or should I wait a day or two for this to be fixed? Or just go find something else to play.

I do not like the battle.net app, I never have. If you're going to require me to have an app to play, I believe you Blizzard should make sure it at least works or give me the option to play the game without having to go through the app.
I can't even uninstall the app. It won't let me.
It works, thank you so much!
Deleting the folders in AppData fixed the launcher for me. Still installed on my D:\ drive, deleting ProgramData folders didn't fix it until the AppData folders were removed.

Can now reopen the launcher without having to reinstall it every time.
Hey I have been getting an unexpected error for the past 2 days now, I try to open battle.net and it sometimes doesn't even say that it is starting,I just tried to open it again today and I reinstalled the battle.ent app client and it gave me this error,

The Application has encountered an unexpected error. To help us identify this problem, please describe what you were doing when the error occurred. (I was trying to open up Battle.net, doing nothing else) Please use this Report ID below when communicating with Blizzard about this issue [ F31889AD-A28D-4813-88F8-59A6F2425E24 ]. Can someone Help me!!!
Same boat as other people. A couple days ago I got the message that Battle.net needed to restart, after that when it launches I get the error.
I just followed the full procedure.
On Windows 7:
1. Uninstalled Battle.net client from the control panel.
2. Killed left over Battle.net update agent process from task manager.
3. Removed any Battle.net/Blizzard folders from %LOCALAPPDATA%, APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%
4. Reinstalled Battle.net client
5. Logged in, checked box to save log in.
6. Added previously installed Overwatch to my Blizzard games.
7. Pinned the client to my task bar.
8. Exitted the Client.
9. Waited a couple of seconds, checked for running Battle.net icon in the hidden icons.
10. Attempted to launch client from the pinned icon on task bar.
11. Got the message; "The application encountered an unexpected error."

I can get the client to work after deleting the Battle.net folder from %APPDATA%.
If I don't save my log in, I get the log in prompt but then just get the error again.
I have Anti-Malware, disabling it didn't change anything.

Report ID:
97118864-E2F1-40B7-8D32-1041ADE4448E

EDIT:
Killing Agent.exe and deleting only "%PROGRAMDATA%\Blizzard Entertainment" also seems to work until the next restart and keeps my log in and game information intact.
I've received this error all week. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Battle.net launch about 4 times this week. It's getting frustrating and now battlenet won't load at all, can't play any games because they all require the launcher
we can not login that issue number 14A1367F-AEFB-48F3-B133-19E274C3B5B9
Same problem. Bnet app loads, and just before it completes loading, the unexpected error pops up.
Tried the whole uninstall/delete thing and it simply didn't work, error just keeps poping up.
I keep having to reinstall after i close the app.
It has to be done everytime, I don't understand why the issue keeps happneing in the space of hours.

Code: D5122BD2-87E6-4E24-A7D5-8B47162CA59C
11/08/2016 12:25 PMPosted by Mugthugg
Hello Pew,

Thank you for posting the occurrence IDs. I was able to find the error logs associated for them. Looking them over I do have some troubleshooting steps that I have seen fix this. Please do try the steps below.

• [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6715"]Please uninstall the Battle.net Desktop App[/url]

• Delete these Battle.net files[url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6504"] here[/url] and [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6141"]here.[/url]

• Reinstall the [url="http://us.battle.net/en/app/"]Battle.net Desktop App[/url]

I did exactly what you've told us to. However, the problem still occur everytime I shut down my PC and I got the new code everytime. Please take a loo at this problem. Also, I cannot add new friends through their BTN ID which maybe because of this problem?

A52E41A9-C5E9-4CB0-AC04-5A1BDAD28A36
Reinstalling worked until reboot.

Deleting %localappdata% didn't work

Deleteing %appdata% (ie appdata/local and appdata/roaming) then restarting fixed it without a reinstall.
620E8237-F24C-4A38-9EEB-EE8B3E61B145 unexpected error, what is this?

Really blizzard, are you going to fix these ridiculous issues? I don't have time to mess around with your nonsense. It is your job to make sure your software works. My gaming time is very limited and I am not about to waste it trouble shooting this. These battlenet launch errors have been happening for a week now.

Fix it already!!!