Diablo 2

General Discussion
im thinking about getting into d2, but im curious about what the games max res is and is there any way i can get it cheaper then 20 bucks? (10 for game and xpack on bnet shop)
With Darkglow and full Iratha Finery set combined you can get all resistances up to 90%. With a socket in the helm, a socket in the Darkglow and the proper runes, you can get two resistances to max at 95% or one of them to max 100%. Max resistances otherwise are 75% without gear buffing the maximum percentage.
Gaarashatan,

With the expansion, you can play at 800 by 600, without the expansion, it's 640 by 480. For the price, you'll have to shop around.
I'm cracking up!
11/18/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Omrakos
Gaarashatan,

With the expansion, you can play at 800 by 600, without the expansion, it's 640 by 480. For the price, you'll have to shop around.

will that ever be increased? 800x600 seems a little low
Gaarashatan,

I won't say never but it's unlikely due to how much work it would require on such an older game.
You can use the glide wrapper and add a -3dfx -w tag to a created Diablo II.exe shortcut target field and play in a 1600x1200 window after setting the options, it's what I do.
11/18/2016 03:22 PMPosted by Endugu
With Darkglow and full Iratha Finery set combined you can get all resistances up to 90%. With a socket in the helm, a socket in the Darkglow and the proper runes, you can get two resistances to max at 95% or one of them to max 100%. Max resistances otherwise are 75% without gear buffing the maximum percentage.

I don't understand how you got dislikes on that. I'm dying over here.
11/18/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Omrakos
Gaarashatan,

I won't say never but it's unlikely due to how much work it would require on such an older game.

This basically confirms that we will not see a graphics/resolution update to Diablo 2. What a shame. Bad business move on Blizzards end. They don't realize that die hard D2 players are willing to pay monthly as long as we could truly have secure BNet servers with full-time GMs to monitor 3rd Party activity.

D3 is not superior. We all know it. Sad, just...sad.
11/18/2016 09:19 PMPosted by RomeNcoke
11/18/2016 03:22 PMPosted by Endugu

I don't understand how you got dislikes on that. I'm dying over here.
Biggest fail this forum has seen all year, and I owned it!
11/18/2016 10:23 PMPosted by ijsGv
Gaarashatan,

This basically confirms that we will not see a graphics/resolution update to Diablo 2.

This whole post was intentional to get that information out there.
Gaarashatan,

oh i see, i didnt realize how much work it would take. ty
11/18/2016 04:08 PMPosted by Gameo
You can use the glide wrapper and add a -3dfx -w tag to a created Diablo II.exe shortcut target field and play in a 1600x1200 window after setting the options, it's what I do.

i see there are workarounds that will sort of help, thank you for this
was really hoping for it to go on black friday sale :(