When can we see a StarCraft update?

General Discussion
There are updates for D2 and W3, when can we expect one for Starcraft?
You can find new StarCraft patch on Blizzard ftp server, no idea when they will release it lel.

https://bnetdocs.org/news/118/starcraft-patch-1-17-0-pre-release
Yeah, it's pre-relase and it is not working via Battle.net.
Also, Clasico, any chance for support for StarCraft: Insurrection and StarCraft: Retribution?
01/07/2017 05:07 AMPosted by Grab
Also, Clasico, any chance for support for StarCraft: Insurrection and StarCraft: Retribution?

First time hear about them, just found in Wikipedia. There were 2 other expansions before Brood War?! Anyway, they were authorized by Blizzard Entertainment, but created by some other developer studios 19 years ago... I don't think they will support them.
01/07/2017 05:50 AMPosted by ADRENALINE
01/07/2017 05:07 AMPosted by Grab

First time hear about them, just found in Wikipedia. There were 2 other expansions before Brood War?! Anyway, they were authorized by Blizzard Entertainment, but created by some other developer studios 19 years ago... I don't think they will support them.

They're both just a bunch of maps, what "support" is needed?
01/07/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Aiur
01/07/2017 05:50 AMPosted by ADRENALINE

Not sure. Didn't play it yet because there is no download for it anywhere(even illegally)
01/07/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Grab
01/07/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Aiur

Not sure. Didn't play it yet because there is no download for it anywhere(even illegally)

Retarded forum don't let me post links, /w me in game, A.DRENALINE@Northrend
Patch 1.17 seems pretty far along. Hopefully it will be released shortly after the Afreeca StarLeague finals. But it's hard to say. Starcraft probably has much bigger compatibility issues that Diablo 2 or Warcraft 3.

I doubt Blizzard has any interest in Insurection or Retribution. They were basically just custom campaigns. Based on what I've seen on Youtube the missions weren't that interesting and the voice acting was really poor.

Blizzard did make a few custom campaigns of their own. Enslavers comes with the game and the Precursor and Enslavers II: Dark Vengeance can be downlowed fromt he official Starcraft website.
Clásico, talk with us! :)
Maybe they saw ShieldBattery and decided to give up
Afternoon!

We should expect a patch within the next couple of months. In the meantime, ASL Season 2 is underway with some amazing matches!

Thanks for the passion surrounding Starcraft!
Clásico
01/10/2017 01:37 PMPosted by Clásico
Afternoon!

We should expect a patch within the next couple of months. In the meantime, ASL Season 2 is underway with some amazing matches!

Clásico

Thanks for the forecast!

And yes, everyone should definitely check out the Afreeca StarLeague. In one week we get to see Jaedong and Flash renew their Brood War rivalry in the semifinals!
Afternoon!

Clásico

Clásico,
I am TL.net staff member and 6 year SC1 caster BisuDagger (currently an ASL caster too). Would you consider working with the TL Staff in creating a special launch event? It would also be great if we could get some more insight into the technical side of the new update so teams like iccup, fish, and shield battery developers can be prepared for the potential work they will have to incur once this goes through. Another major concern in the community would be the ability to view replays pre-patch or would this break those. Having the answer to some of our technical questions would go a long way towards building excitement for changes versus dreading them. Feel free to PM me.

Regards,
BisuDagger
Hey Clásico, can you share why it's taking so long to release a StarCraft patch in comparison to WarCraft 3 and Diablo 2? Have you guys been trying to shove in more features / bug fixes?
starcraft good
LOL
Afternoon!

Clásico

So is it like remastering SCBW into the new graphics with higher definition or just some minor fixes of current problems as "cannot create more units", latency problems and etc?
And will the patched starcraft use Battle.net 2.0?