new patch for wc3 tft bnet "There was an error applying the upgrade."

General Discussion
Warcraft 3 TFT - Update fails with msg:

There was an error applying the upgrade.

and theres no fix yet. its original and everything!
same 4 me
Same error here. Doesn't patch and can no longer access BNet. Wondering how this is possible considering nothing changed in this over-promised significant B-patch?
Hey all,

Thank you for reaching out us about Warcraft III patching issues. We're investigating this now.

Some questions for those reporting:
1. What operating system is running on the computer where you are trying to patch Warcraft III?
2. Does the problem persist after you have tried to reconnect to Battle.net a few times?
same h

12/13/2016 01:09 PMPosted by Zasz
Hey all,

Thank you for reaching out us about Warcraft III patching issues. We're investigating this now.

Some questions for those reporting:
1. What operating system is running on the computer where you are trying to patch Warcraft III?
2. Does the problem persist after you have tried to reconnect to Battle.net a few times?

same here, win10 system
It's the same for almost everyone, if not everyone.
Error message: There was an error applying the upgrade.
Uninstall the game. Reinstall it. Fixed.
Some people are saying they have trouble patching from europe, try patching from useast.
I've downloaded from Northrend and got the error, now I selected Useast and I'm downloading the patch again, so I guess the issue is from Northrend servers, no matter the OS.
Reinstall dont work for me !
Patch crash everytime

Manuell patch same
Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 10:22 pm on 12/13/2016

ERROR: unable to create file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe'
Zugriff verweigert

RESULT: Prepatch failed
12/13/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Erklärbär
Reinstall dont work for me !
Patch crash everytime

Manuell patch same
Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 10:22 pm on 12/13/2016

ERROR: unable to create file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe'
Zugriff verweigert

RESULT: Prepatch failed

Try to run w3 as admin and if it's still not working, try to download it from UEAST.
Yeah, try using east/west/kalimdor if its not working on europe.

had the same issue ( w10 )

installed from west

now everytime I alt tab w3 crashes tho
Northrend wasn't working for me. I downloaded it on east, then went back to Northrend and it worked.
Installing from USE worked for me. Change back to EU after update was applied.
i installed on us west and i changed back to eu and there was still 1.27a applied
i didnt see any changes
Update:

The issues with patching Warcraft III to version 1.27b by way of the Northrend server should be resolved shortly.

We extend a hearty "thank you" to all who contacted us about the matter as well as those playing Warcraft III on Battle.net today.

Fight on and have fun!

Edit:
This was a small update, but we're planning for more in the future. The 1.27b patch notes can be found here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996
12/13/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Zasz
Update:

The issues with patching Warcraft III to version 1.27b by way of the Northrend server should be resolved shortly.

We extend a hearty "thank you" to all who contacted us about the matter as well as those playing Warcraft III on Battle.net today.

Fight on and have fun!
hey Dev can u tell us what changed in the new patch
peace out.
12/13/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Zasz
Update:

Fight on and have fun!

Edit:
This was a small update, but we're planning for more in the future. The 1.27b patch notes can be found here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15avX6Ce0Cs
"planning for more in the future" could mean another year, this one took 7 months. Can't you guys be more specific?