new patch for wc3 tft bnet "There was an error applying the upgrade."

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
so STILL THERE WAS AN ERROR APPLYING THIS UPGRADE

why should you upgrade from the first place, we could play just fine as it was...
I changed my server to Asia from Europe and it fixed the problem. Then I switched back to Europe after patch implemented and things are working fine. Having played WC3 for so long it was something I thought might work and it did.
12/13/2016 02:48 PMPosted by Flamechamp
"planning for more in the future" could mean another year, this one took 7 months. Can't you guys be more specific?

To be fair they already said theyd do map pool changes, balance changes, and hinted in old posts that delay will be removed so we can at least expect this.

That said, I doubt they want to give us any ETA or promises they can't keep. I understand their silence, although frustrating.
I think this is fixed now, I'm not having this problem anymore. Is anyone else still getting it?
12/13/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Drayen
12/13/2016 02:48 PMPosted by Flamechamp
"planning for more in the future" could mean another year, this one took 7 months. Can't you guys be more specific?

To be fair they already said theyd do map pool changes, balance changes, and hinted in old posts that delay will be removed so we can at least expect this.

That said, I doubt they want to give us any ETA or promises they can't keep. I understand their silence, although frustrating.

Well first of all , they couldn't keep their promise for patch 1.27b so keeping promises is out of the window , they already failed big time and I doubt their posts and statements have much credibility after this.

I agree with you , their struggles are understandable , but the silence is NOT.

The problem is that silence isn't an answer , yes they are having issues .....so communicate with the community ! be honest about the issues , we are all playing a 15 year old game and no one with a sound mind expects things to go easily , the community understands that , but the devs don't , so what do the devs do ? remain silent and continue to act like its no big deal.....the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen in my life !

I don't think the community will hang the devs if they start communicating more , the same way the sc2 team communicates with forum posts regarding updates , proposed patch plans , projects in mind , tests , or general feedback......something like "we are currently doing X and Y , and we are testing A , B & C , we can not promise a timeframe , but what do you all think of these changes ?" , how hard is THAT ???????

That is the problem , and silence is NEVER THE ANSWER , it just shows how unprofessional a team can really be.
12/13/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Zasz
Update:

The issues with patching Warcraft III to version 1.27b by way of the Northrend server should be resolved shortly.

We extend a hearty "thank you" to all who contacted us about the matter as well as those playing Warcraft III on Battle.net today.

Fight on and have fun!

Edit:
This was a small update, but we're planning for more in the future. The 1.27b patch notes can be found here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996

!@#$ YEA LETS GET SOME MORE UPDATES!!!! WARCRAFT 3 WILL NEVER DIE
Give us really new balance, new maps and heroes. Its enough.
1 sec ago
I does not understand why the people which uses hacks are not banished, it is not normal they have more that has to begin again!!!
I re-installed and tried to restart multiple times to see if it would work , but it seems to be an error with the patch , im using Windows 10 . Please reply as soon as possible .
04/05/2017 01:14 AMPosted by Leci00
I re-installed and tried to restart multiple times to see if it would work , but it seems to be an error with the patch , im using Windows 10 . Please reply as soon as possible .

you have to open wc3 as administrator... right click and press "Run as Admistrator"
HELLO
I bought W3 and W3 TFT in the day of premiere around 10-11 maybe more maybe less years ago.

My OS is Win7
I downloaded newest patch, when im trying to restart game to apply patch it says -> YOU ARE A LOSER U CANT DO THAT!

I changed from EU to Asia, US EAST/WEST. Still same issue.
Please fix the problem, tell me what to do.
I can't leave my village for long without merchant, my villages could think i left them forever.

Game Super Hiper Player
04/05/2017 01:55 AMPosted by PaNDeR
04/05/2017 01:14 AMPosted by Leci00

you have to open wc3 as administrator... right click and press "Run as Admistrator"

Rofl Lmao, i died.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORKS !!! ISSUE FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!! DO THAT BOIS !
awwwwww foreal?! Warcraft pls help fix this problem im having it right now ...
thanks guys! it worked! running as admin!
I'm still getting error even running as admin. It says upgrade installed and when I restart the game it gets stuck at 64% and restarts by itself with the same error occurring.. endless loop

Any potential solutions???
remove all registry and files beside tft.w3k roc.w3k Warcraft III Launcher.exe,
then launching Warcraft III Launcher.exe as administrator
This is because you guys use maphack most likely. I know there is new maphack using d3d hooking, which the update denies when updating
So guy ... w3 restarting after bnet upgrade .,. is fixed by running w3 as a administrator !!!
Attention!!!

I had an error after the patch and decided to uninstall and reinstall and it worked perfectly.