[Solved] Fix Almost any Battle.net bugs with these 9 quick fixes!

Technical Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Hey guys, I am really at the end of my wits. I have tried every, admitedly techy for my standards, solution provided in this amazing post and still cannot get my WoW to work. I have most recently done:
01/26/2017 10:06 PMPosted by Alentejanus
I have the solution , at last... my problem with the last update the app wont start after login, after doing that its working fine.

Go to C:/Program Files or Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/ and delete the dir Battle.net with a number and replace/copy the dir with this version :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxfh8tDtjtbaRkdQcnZFeUltWjA/view

And it did actually fix my Battle.net not being abel to connect at all. However, I am still stuck with the " You have been disconnected" screen when I try to get into WoW itself. Is there anyway to get a similiar fix for the WoW dir ?
01/27/2017 03:07 PMPosted by Nero
Hey guys, I am really at the end of my wits. I have tried every, admitedly techy for my standards, solution provided in this amazing post and still cannot get my WoW to work. I have most recently done:
01/26/2017 10:06 PMPosted by Alentejanus
I have the solution , at last... my problem with the last update the app wont start after login, after doing that its working fine.

Go to C:/Program Files or Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/ and delete the dir Battle.net with a number and replace/copy the dir with this version :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxfh8tDtjtbaRkdQcnZFeUltWjA/view

And it did actually fix my Battle.net not being abel to connect at all. However, I am still stuck with the " You have been disconnected" screen when I try to get into WoW itself. Is there anyway to get a similiar fix for the WoW dir ?

i only play Hearthstone and no problem after that.
In that way, did you try do uninstall the game and install again now that the laucher works... ?
I have had STEAM for over 12 years and it has never crashed or had any complications. Why does this application have so many issues? Blizzard's revenue is over 1.4 Billion dollars a year, this makes no sense and is very frustrating.
Ok, so my wow appearently fixed itself... I don't want to complain but I can't help agreeing with Murd.
Sadly they have released many updates the past week and every time they release an update it requires a full reinstall to get the update through. But It's far to temperamental to continue to delete the folders and reinstall hoping it works. Because 9/10 it gives the same errors each time.

Blizzard don't seem bothered to fix it as its only a small % of the player base having the issues with Battlenet (Agent). Because it's clearly an Agent issue occurring the past month with the only official fixes blaming other software on the users PC.

Stuck at Fetching Encoding Data every time now and I have had enough! Will return once a real fix to the client is released.

Thanks for your help Pingu.
01/21/2017 08:56 AMPosted by halflotus
Bnet and WoW install fine for me using these methods. But three times in a row doing this, Hearthstone gets stuck at exactly 923.10 MB download remaining and then 'loses' internet connection (red/yellow triangle periodically pops up by the download bar). This is using Fiddler. It basically gets hung at 923.10 MB and never goes past that. :(

Hey halflotus. I am pretty sure I am having the same problem as you. Fiddler fixed most of my update problems for my games, but for Hearthstone, I am getting stuck at 923.10 Mb remaining. Then it goes to 0 b/s download speed. Let me know if you find a fix, and I will do the same!
If it gets stuck at this exact number its a problem with blizzard's server. Sorry u cant fix it guys
02/02/2017 09:28 PMPosted by pingutingu
If it gets stuck at this exact number its a problem with blizzard's server. Sorry u cant fix it guys

What I'm guessing is that whatever is being downloaded at that point, Fiddler is not rerouting to the correct place. Just a guess.
Holy crap. This actually worked, thanks to Fiddler!

Hopefully, Blizzard actually repairs the Battle.net Agent, if they haven't already, so we don't have to do this again.
I can get battle.net app to install and start thanks to this post but I now get
'We're having a problem transferring your data.Please check your internet connection just in case and try again'' (BLZBNTAGT000008AD) error on all games.
02/08/2017 02:58 AMPosted by Kuhva
'We're having a problem transferring your data.Please check your internet connection just in case and try again'' (BLZBNTAGT000008AD) error on all games.

Use Fiddler as suggested if you haven't already.
Thank you very much for this. I used the 10 step version to fix the "Waiting for another update..." issue for WoW.

Update Agent can really be a headache.
Hola Agent haters.

Managed to get my HOTS to update (Another installation and Fetching Coding Table errors) by doing the following (it is an official Blizzard fix).

Uncheck LAN Proxy by:

1. Press Windows key + R
2. Type "inetcpl.cpl"
3. Go to connections tab
4. Press Lan Settings
5. At the Proxy Setting (Bottom half of the popup box) uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Each time I did the next step I deleted the Heroes folder found in Program Files(86).

I then followed the command line installation guide by Pingu by shift and right clicking in the battlenet folder and pasting " battle.net.exe --game=heroes --install " without the quotes and praying it gets past Fetching Encoding Data.

I tried this 5-10 times in a row with rebooting my PC in between, using Fiddler/ not using Fiddler... eventually it stopped getting stuck at Fetching Encoding Table and it began downloading.

Previously I had been reinstalling Bnet and then HOTS which was very time consuming as often Bnet chose not to install.

Now I await the next patch to cycle this allll over again.

"Make Agent Great Again"
Well somehow it worked for me tonight. I installed WoW and while in-game, it completed installing Hearthstone properly for the first time in a month. Both work fine now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
02/09/2017 11:25 AMPosted by NinjaVenom
02/08/2017 02:58 AMPosted by Kuhva

Fiddler definitely speeds up battle.net opening but doesn't let me install games :(
Tried everything to reinstall it that you suggested, nothing worked. (1,2,3 and 7. I didn't do 8 because the only graphics thing in my laptop is the builtin Intel CPU graphics so there's nothing to switch it to.)

Here's the info I have gathered:
The Agent process will start up, sit for a bit at about 10-20 percent CPU usage, then drop to 0. Shortly after it starts up another instance of Agent while the original gets terminated. This process will continue forever. (Ran the installer over night, woke up to it still stuck and the Agent process still doing that. Granted I didn't use these fixes until today, aside from deleting all the Battle.net data.)
Next, when using fiddler, it shows I get a 404 error for "us.patch.battle.net:1119/agent". This error pops up every time just before an Agent process dies and starts a new one.

This leads me to believe this is a server error on Blizzard's part but that makes no sense because I was able to successfully install B.net on my MacBook. (My work computer that I promised myself would only be for work, not games. The comp I'm having an issue on is a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7.) That said, maybe the Mac version pulls from a different server sub directory?

I've used this app since the day it came out and never had this issue before.
02/10/2017 07:48 PMPosted by Kuhva
02/09/2017 11:25 AMPosted by NinjaVenom

Fiddler definitely speeds up battle.net opening but doesn't let me install games :(

Did you try the command prompt steps?
I can't login to battle.net no matter what. Anyone can help me? I tried everything and here is my situation: BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1) Can't login

Blizzard Support said its an issue with my ISP but when i try this with my other computers it works fine (same modem and internet). So if i am not wrong, the issue shouldn't be the ISP. I tried a vpn program and i was able to login, but my ping was 500 so that is not an option for me.

I can only login with a vpn from my main computer, but from my laptops i can login just fine(same network and modem). My dns settings and host file is unchanged too.

(I used fiddler debugger, didn't work)
This post is back guys, Go to the very first post to fix the issues you are having with BNET. Download links are not working, I will update them.
Just wanted to thank you, mate! I was having the issue with installing Battle.net I do have issue with game is running but nothing happens hope reinstalling will fix that too.