WC4/WC3 upgrade

General Discussion
Thank you for the clarification Classico. I think setting proper expections is very important with a fanbase as passionate as Blizzard's. Keep in touch. I'm really hoping for some SC1 patch news in the near future as I've really been enjoying the Afreeca StarLeague!
12/21/2016 05:24 PMPosted by Clásico
Balance Changes, New Map Pool, and More are being evaluated. The only thing that changed is the Patch id. (Not 1.27b)

We'll make sure to keep everyone updated.

Thanks Classico, finally some fast answers here.

My questions:

- Any ETA for the next patch? Will it be only for compatibility & other little issues or will it be the one with these promissed changes?
- Will you make balance changes in RoC too? What about mappool change (RoC)?

And aside from those RoC questions that you never specifically answered...

- Is the w3 stats website (http://classic.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=rlc40_adi) ever going to be definitely fixed? Because it goes down (or outdated) extremely frequently.

And please, take this thing of "keep everyone updated" actually serious and true because there were lack of informations about last patch and also you completely disappeared from the forums for months. Like HyperTurtle said, setting proper expectations is quite important and more now than ever.
Morning,

Promise is a strong word, which doesn't get used and I haven't seen said on these forums. Next patch will continue to be bug fixes, along with some minor implementation of features coming Q1 of 2017.

-> RoC will be updated as well as TFT.

-> w3 Website should be getting an overhaul to better support stats for players.

Keep in mind, that while we try to be active on the forums, we're not able to speak upon everything, as well as, not able to get to everyones questions.

I appreciate the feedback and passion!
-Clásico
12/22/2016 10:23 AMPosted by Clásico
Morning,

Promise is a strong word, which doesn't get used and I haven't seen said on these forums. Next patch will continue to be bug fixes, along with some minor implementation of features coming Q1 of 2017.

-> w3 Website should be getting an overhaul to better support stats for players.

Keep in mind, that while we try to be active on the forums, we're not able to speak upon everything, as well as, not able to get to everyones questions.

-Clásico

Too bad I cannot give you a thumb up.

PS: Don't forget to fix the forum spam issue...
Morning,

-Clásico

Hello Clasico,

Are you allowed to share whether Warcraft 3 will end up in the battle net launcher?

The Hive Workshop guys briefly mentioned something about it on their forum post a while back when several of the community members were invited to your HQ.

The game will gain popularity if it gets migrated and I need to know whether I should start practicing to get back into it.
Morning,

-Clásico

Can you add anything new to the mappers in 1.37c patch? (Functions, Features, ...)
12/22/2016 11:18 AMPosted by iHomeless
Can you add anything new to the mappers in 1.37c patch?

12/22/2016 11:18 AMPosted by iHomeless
1.37c patch

That shouldn't be a hard promise to keep, I mean, that should be about 10 years give or take :-P
12/20/2016 10:56 AMPosted by Clásico
Morning,

The Classic Games team reads all posts from the community. We don't have time to respond to all of them but we love the passion around the RTS community specifically.

Your feedback does not fall on deaf ears.

Thank you for taking the time out and expressing your interest,
-Clásico

Hi Clasico ,

A few weeks ago I criticized the classic games team for their lack of communication with the community , and I gotta say you guys are way more active now , I read your comments on this thread , and as you see no one is trying to hang you guys , its nice to know what you guys are working on and if we can help.

Please keep up the good work !
I definitely hope that balance changes and anti-cheat systems are not being cancelled.

Warcraft 3 is a great game but it needs balance changes, anti-cheat and an auto-rotating map pool (or scrap the pool and just make all maps available).
12/21/2016 05:24 PMPosted by Clásico
Balance Changes, New Map Pool, and More are being evaluated. The only thing that changed is the Patch id. (Not 1.27b)

We'll make sure to keep everyone updated.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! also just for you babe i got my friend to buy roc + tft
12/20/2016 04:01 PMPosted by Clásico
https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o5Lp4fw3

*drops mic*

That includes some tough requirements such as Reverse Engineering, 5 years experience in development, 2 years in a video game industry and experience in cryptography. Might take awhile to find someone, especially who also has those pluses.

By the way why do you guys need an artist? To fix or improve models/graphics or are you planning to make brand new models and content? Some tough requirements on that too though.
12/23/2016 04:25 AMPosted by Bogdanov89
I definitely hope that balance changes and anti-cheat systems are not being cancelled.

Warcraft 3 is a great game but it needs balance changes, anti-cheat and an auto-rotating map pool (or scrap the pool and just make all maps available).

I think they should just make most maps available as long as they aren't too big for the game size. For example, 1v1 doesn't need to have maps built for more than 6 players, 2v2 and 4 player free for all don't need maps built for more than 8, and 3v3 doesn't need maps built for more than 8-10. 4v4 may not need 11 or 12 player maps either.

Also if they fix the search system so that anyone can find games, they could stop resetting the ladder. All that really does for an RTS game is delete everyone's ladder rank and wins/losses. The good players that play a lot of games will be the ones that keep climbing to the top, and if better players come then they'll fall.
12/27/2016 11:30 AMPosted by Satan915
By the way why do you guys need an artist? To fix or improve models/graphics or are you planning to make brand new models and content? Some tough requirements on that too though.

I've been wondering that for a while. There's lot of rumors about HD versions of these games, but so far it appear those have just been confusion about the comptibilty patches. No sign of any real graphical changes or new content either. I thought that the artists might be working on new promotional materials for the legacy games but so far Blizzard has given the project almost no publicity.

I guess we'll find out what the senior artists have been up to with the classic games when the fruits of their labor are ready to be shared.
12/27/2016 11:58 AMPosted by HyperTurtle
12/27/2016 11:30 AMPosted by Satan915

I've been wondering that for a while. There's lot of rumors about HD versions of these games, but so far it appear those have just been confusion about the comptibilty patches. No sign of any real graphical changes or new content either. I thought that the artists might be working on new promotional materials for the legacy games but so far Blizzard has given the project almost no publicity.

I guess we'll find out what the senior artists have been up to with the classic games when the fruits of their labor are ready to be shared.

Assuming there are any artists beyond just graphical or model fixes/touch-ups. Maybe it's art for the classic game websites. Companies usually don't advertise much for old games unless they're adding new content. Even then, their time for blockbuster sales has long passed. Although it could be for those advertising banners within the games (Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm etc.)
12/20/2016 01:24 PMPosted by HyperTurtle
Transcription of original post:
Mmmmmmm!!!!
Corporations...Baaaaaaadddddd!!!!!
Microtransactions....Baaaaaaadddd!!!!
RTS......Gooooodddddd!!!!!

NAILED IT.
12/20/2016 12:57 AMPosted by BearTribe
How many Blizzard Entertainment staff will read this? 2? 3? Maybe 4? Who is paying them to read it? Where does the money come from to pay them to read it? Your $35 worth of games? It likely cost more then $35 in hydro and wages for Blizzard staff to read your post.

Who pays to maintain this free website where people like you and I can come and express our opinions and share our thoughts? Who provides the money to give us free patches, content, ladder resets and updates to our 13+ year old games?

Who employs 5000 people with good living wages to produce high quality video games, regardless whether you or I like the games or not? Where does the money come from to pay these 5000 employees?

Thank you, Blizzard.

First off, the amount of labor involved in putting out a wc3 patch once a year at this point is absolute peanuts to blizzard. these forums, and website, peanuts. all the stuff you listed (redundantly - patches and updates are the same, and doesnt cost them 35$ to read a post. WRONG. furthermore - who provides the money for blizzard? their customers, mostly dumb children (like you perhaps) who buy their crappy scam games, expansions, and microtransactions. I havent paid one dollar to blizzard since wc3 and since i quit wow after about 6 months back in the day. because im not an idiot. I only pay for a quality game, and I avoid scams and subscriptions like the plague. maybe more people should do that, not be a mainstreamer trendy who buys into the latest scam.)

The cost for a wc3 patch is less than peanuts, less than their annual paper clip budget compared to how much money they are scamming from gullible kids like you. imagine being one of those sad souls playing a horribly repetitive game like wow for a decade, 1800 dollars in subscription + 40 x 7 expansions = 2080 dollars minimum just to play the game, no store items. have these people learned that the game never ends and every expac is the same thing with some graphic differences? turdstone is like 100x worse than magic the gayering, I cant fathom the kids who put over 0 dollars into that cheesy childs online card game. If you enjoy getting scammed and promoting future trash games, go ahead but you get what you pay for, exactly that.

Now yall might say im rude or cynical, but seriously Im just being blunt, and cynicism = reality in a backwards world.
Yesterday I could finally install wc3 on my MacBook
It was a short happiness feeling because the game is so damn abandoned , it was a terrible experience
I wanted to cry when I notified how bad is the lag, how many hackers active and worst of all , my account with 4000 wins was deleted
(Account is: Andrescrow, at Azeroth, if someone can help me with it)

I got to create a new one from the scratch
But WC3 is just a forgotten land
Please dear Blizzard , don't forget your roots
Fix WC3, make it a decenct game again
We will appreciate it
Regards,