Hey Clásico

General Discussion
We are almost in February... what about the mid January patch you talked about?

tic toc tic toc
Morning GhoST,

Cant rush greatness my friend! Also, I do believe I said:

"Next patch will continue to be bug fixes, along with some minor implementation of features coming Q1 of 2017."

Thanks again,
Clásico

p.s. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned on.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/12163546370
I thought you said sometime mid january
Mandela Effect or Edit - that is the mystery.
Developer said:
"Next patch will continue to be bug fixes, along with some minor implementation of features coming Q1 of 2017."

Can you elaborate on that? I just mentioned the idea of some more game analysis tools being added to WC3. I can always hope anyway.

Is there any work being done on any sort of improved anti-hack code?
Afternoon,

Just to show a bit of transparency, we had two patches going at once, but decided to merge them together. Because of this, we're targeted for Q1 of 2017 as stated before.

We'll update on patch notes soon.

Thanks for the support and passion,
Clásico
Love the transparency, hopefully it will include better searchtimes, it's all i'm waiting for to get into this great game at 100% again.
Here is a list of weird quirks which are (potentially) minor bugs.

"Runed Bracers" have a misleading in-game description.

They actually use the "Spell Damage Reduction" ability, but the description says it reduces "Magic" damage by 33%.

We all know "Magic Damage" and "Spell Damage" are two different damage types in Wacraft 3. Can you fix this description to correctly describe the ability?

"Human AI Hang-up"
For unknown reasons, the Human AI gets hung up when playing on "Tiny" maps. It gets stuck on tier 1 most of the time. It can also get stuck on tier 2 even if it does get lucky and get past the tier 1 hang-up.

This bug does not appear to happen as often on larger maps, such as Lost Temple or Gnoll Wood. I don't know why, it's just that way.

Orc and Hu AI place War Mill/Lumber Mill in useless locations.
Enough said.

Orc AI never picks a third hero under any circumstances, even if it already has the first two heroes at level 10.

Night Elf AI always places Altars in useless locations which can maze its own heroes.

HU AI never uses Staff of Sanctuary. NE AI never uses Staff of Preservation.

Echo Isles northern Shop items too expensive.
Pro gamers never buy anything from this shop, and if one of these items drops in-game it often gets sold, because the players apparently think the gold sell value is worth more than the item. Clearly, you're supposed to use the shop once in a while, but ranked players never use that shop.

Items whos sell values needs to be lowered:
Talisman of Evasion
Lion Horn of Stormwind
Scourge Bonechimes
Ring of Regeneration

Book of the Dead
Please remove this from ranked play. It still spawns on some maps, and it's detrimental to the game.

Moon Wells
Nerf by 25 starting and max mana.

Hu Towers
Remove the last upgrade. It's unnecessary and makes them too good.

UD vs HU
Needs some sort of tweaking. UD needs a few minor hero buffs, and also some sort of minor re-design to have a counter against Siege Engines. A Ziggurat upgrade to a "Siege Tower" was suggested by Drayen, as well as a minor buff to Crypt Lord.

I have also suggested Death Knight's Coil be reduced to 65 mana cost in order to match Paladin's 65 mana cost Holy Light. Holy Light will still be the better spell, because it has "Appears on target" behavior, while Coil has "Flies to target" behavior.

I don't know what to suggest for the Orc vs NE situation, but right now it is the most uneven match-up at pro skill level. I'm aware that nerfing the Moon Wells would actually make this worse, but the problem is very late game Moon Wells become too good against Human and Undead, so...yeah...it's a head scratcher. Blade Master and/or Troll Shadow Hunter may need a minor nerf.

I know this is a lot of ticky-tack stuff to address, but some of it actually matters in both 1vs1 and 2vs2.

Thanks.
I never suggested a "siege tower" upgrade for ziggurats. I strongly suggest siege engine nerfs... the game would be better off it that unit didnt exist.
Evening!

Thanks for the updated quirks, we'll take a look at these and keep them on the radar for future patches.

Thanks again,
Clásico
01/25/2017 05:31 PMPosted by Drayen
I never suggested a "siege tower" upgrade for ziggurats. I strongly suggest siege engine nerfs... the game would be better off it that unit didnt exist.

Um, maybe it was Oldskoolguy then.

Sorry.
Can you also look into the W3 TFT match making system? This is my 5th account I had to make to find a game within a reasonable amount of time, the wait time seems like forever especially higher LV and or higher win rate. To be honest I dont care if I win or loose the game I just want to play A game...

With waiting 30+ min and finding a game just to have a member leave in the beginning of the game is so frustrating, can you also make it so you CANNOT TK... my gosh people get nerd rage and TK just because?!

One other suggestion I can make is can we also please get updated maps for W3? these maps are out of date and would be nice to see a fresh batch.

On that note, is there any plan for W4 on blizz's agenda? I know there were talks about this as the team that worked on StarCraft has finished.

thank you for supporting the classic game blizz, I play WoW but I am just a little burnt out and W3 still entertains me a lot, and I love it!! THANK YOU, and keep up the GREAT WORK!!! :)
Clasico already said they are looking to fix searchtimes. We just don't know if it'll be next patch (plz say so) or in another future patch.

People TK, afk and nerdrage easily because they have no attachment to their accounts, and/or they need to lose games on purpose if they don't want to be stuck searching for hours, having to smurf to actually play.

As for wc4, they did say it could be a possibility after Sc2. However I read another interview where Blizz said "wc4 isnt our focus right now"... sad days.
About human towers, Grubby said on his recent streams they have to receive bonus damage to siege such as catapults. This is going to balance the towers and especially UDvHU match up where ud try catapults to break expansion but the damage from wagons is not enough to apply enough pressure. Often times human creep whole map while ud try such siege. Currently hu towers receive extra damage to magic damage only but you are not gonna break them with casters as orc or ud.
01/26/2017 03:27 AMPosted by schOle
About human towers, Grubby said on his recent streams they have to receive bonus damage to siege such as catapults. This is going to balance the towers and especially UDvHU match up where ud try catapults to break expansion but the damage from wagons is not enough to apply enough pressure. Often times human creep whole map while ud try such siege. Currently hu towers receive extra damage to magic damage only but you are not gonna break them with casters as orc or ud.

That would require a new armor type tag being added to the game. They haven't done anything like that since TFT was released.

Fortified armor would actually make the towers harder for UD to counter, because then Wagons would be the ONLY thing that did high damage to them. Right now at least Wyrms and Destroyers do high damage to them.

So I guess you're suggesting a new, unique armor type tag for static defenses?
01/26/2017 04:28 AMPosted by Chrononaut
01/26/2017 03:27 AMPosted by schOle

That would require a new armor type tag being added to the game. They haven't done anything like that since TFT was released.

Fortified armor would actually make the towers harder for UD to counter, because then Wagons would be the ONLY thing that did high damage to them. Right now at least Wyrms and Destroyers do high damage to them.

So I guess you're suggesting a new, unique armor type tag for static defenses?

Yes, something like that, remaining the current armor type against regular units, but the towers to be treated as buildings when they are attacked by all kind of siege (catapults, raiders, tanks etc.) and to receive bonus damage from that.
Hi clasico,

I want to thank you and the classic team for continuing the support of an old, but fantastic game! Can we expect in near future some needed balance changes and the fix of the built in delay on classic BNet?

regards
01/25/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Clásico
Afternoon,

Just to show a bit of transparency, we had two patches going at once, but decided to merge them together. Because of this, we're targeted for Q1 of 2017 as stated before.

Clásico

Hi Clásico,

I deeply applaud your work on the project. I know working on something with a more outdated codebase can not always be the most exciting thing in the world.

I am someone who grew up playing Warcraft III and continues to today. Sometimes when I'm lucky I rope new people into it and we all thoroughly enjoy it with family and friends. Given this, it's just heartwarming to see that the project is getting some attention. I hope everything is well internally and that there's no negative criticism for spending time on it.

Not everyone wants to play Overmeme!

Seriously, thank you.
The chat channels are totally controlled by hackers, please help us!

"Wc3 Anti-spam solutions
Some ideas to get rid of the unstoppable years-long spam that's flooding our channels and our accounts by whisper.

1. Squelching/Ignoring a spambot account that keeps whispering should eventually get muted if it does not stop.

2. Banning users by IP would significantly reduce the amount of spambot accounts in a clan channel (or OP channel).

3. Clan channels should be able to ban more then 200 accounts by raising the limits.

4. Not opening the clan channel if it is in private mode and no one is in it, and memorising the bans even if we leave the channel.

4. Spambot accounts that join and leave channels in less then a second and still are able to leave long messages in the chat should be voided.

5. An option to ignore whispers from starcraft/diablo accounts, that would be permanently saved even if we log off & an option to not let the sc/d2 accounts join our clan channels (as it is on public channels), option that would be saved even if the clan channel is empty."

Thank you.
#IloveWc3
01/25/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Clásico
Afternoon,

Clásico

First of all, thanks for this transparency message.

I had to Google "frowned on" (your first post) since I'm not English native. Well, my friend, I will not repeat this the next time I open an interesting topic but we will see if you appear then :).

I'll be back to the Forum in some time (before Q1 ends) to check how are the things going and if we reached that "greatness" you talk about.

p.s. I'm feeling forced to forgive you about the January post edit/remove because of your transparency answer.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/3fea095ecd800064cf30ac55b69143b2/tumblr_mzyepv0uTI1spndvwo1_500.jpg