[D2] Illegal Characters Staying?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Beav is a known spammer on BNet and a very toxic person in real life aswell. He has absolutely no rights to reply to this topic. He should go tend his kiddies, because he is their only hope lol.
I was fooling around about Clan aC, I know who loads me and I know Blizzard won't do a !@#$ to stop it. I hereby undeclare war between Clan Maus of Northrend and Clan aC of Azeroth.
So what's the final verdict? Anyone on west have their accounts closed?
02/09/2017 08:46 AMPosted by Derek
So what's the final verdict? Anyone on west have their accounts closed?

Looks like accounts containing @ are temporarily suspended while Blizzard implements a fix. See the post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753177087#post-5
02/09/2017 12:11 AMPosted by Tunechi
02/08/2017 09:37 PMPosted by Clásico
Just to give an update:

We're looking into the most efficient and effective way to solve this issue.

Thank you,
Clásico

Efficient and effective way is the same way you guys dealt with it last time.

Remove the inappropriate names and let people keep the appropriate ones. If no ones breaking any rules with the names they made let them keep it.

Disable future names from being made say starting today at 12:00AM (11 mins ago).

Perfect solution. It'll work again.

I just want to add not all accounts with @ should be banned. Only the ones with @uswest or @useast but accounts like sn@ppy should stay because those accounts work fine and don't break any rules.

With the illys last time from starcraft one it was the same way. There are tons of @ accounts left and they worked fine. Please do the same thing.

Just don't let illys be made from the future and let all the appropriate ones stay.

Also please give people the change name if you are not going to let them use a certain Illy name.

West had the ability to create illys for more than 2 weeks now. Alot of people are high level and transferred alot of gear. I have 3 characters on an Illy myself. I know myself and everyone else would be devastated if we lose that gear without any warning from blizzard.

The best solution here is to handle illys the exact same way you guys did last time.
Also I want to add that people like Dakota can't sell illys illegally for money anymore. The creation of more illys recently made them worthless which means that no one is going to buy them or get scammed buying them. You guys actually did a good thing and prevented alot of scamming and illegally selling. Why do you think Dakota is so against keeping the illys? So he can start scamming again and make a profit when the value goes back up.

Do the right thing blizzard. This was a good move on your guys part to make these accounts worthless. Let us keep the accounts don't remove any beside the inappropriate ones.

3 hours ago
Qwertymaster,

Of course you were fooling around about Clan aC, because you know you'd be owned.

Thanks,
dAkotA[aC]@USEast
Clan aC
Leader of Clan Maus

^ this guy is under coke, lol, his talks 'bout illies are senseless, who would return to "haunt" the scene, lmao he just wanna make enough money to buy more coke, that's all :D I feel sorry because he's so cute :3
Edit: ALSO BLIZZARD RESPOND AND TELL US WHENEITHER WE CAN KEEP ACCOUNTS WITH @ OR NOT THX YOU
Good to see spammers can publicly threaten other users on forums w/ spam bots... *Sarcasm*
Evening everyone,

Again, wanted to update everyone so we're not in the dark. We're investigating ways to fix the issue and not cause any pain to the players who have created the accounts with special characters.

We'll update more, but for now no accounts will be closed down because of our mishap.

Thanks for working through this with us,
Clásico
02/09/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Clásico
Evening everyone,

Again, wanted to update everyone so we're not in the dark. We're investigating ways to fix the issue and not cause any pain to the players who have created the accounts with special characters.

We'll update more, but for now no accounts will be closed down because of our mishap.

Clásico

Hey you can still create these accounts w/ special characters, I thought you disabled it?
02/09/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Clásico
Evening everyone,

Clásico

YOU HAVE JUST CLOSED MY ACCOUNT H@PPY ON USWEST CLASSICO I AM SO DISSAPPOINTED IN YOU. I feel like blizzard just back stabbed me. I was literally waiting for you to update. You just literally deleted my account like it never existed at all. Classico why did you do this to me. Why have you caused me this much pain.
02/09/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Tunechi

YOU HAVE JUST CLOSED MY ACCOUNT H@PPY ON USWEST CLASSICO I AM SO DISSAPPOINTED IN YOU. I feel like blizzard just back stabbed me. I was literally waiting for you to update. You just literally deleted my account like it never existed at all. Classico why did you do this to me. Why have you caused me this much pain.

Looks like accounts containing @ are temporarily suspended while Blizzard implements a fix. See the post here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753177087#post-5
nice, so you can still make special character accounts, not sure why people freaking out, esp if they are letting us keep them now?
02/09/2017 09:09 PMPosted by wizard
nice, so you can still make special character accounts, not sure why people freaking out, esp if they are letting us keep them now?

Mostly webforums are a somewhat decentralized form of communication with information being divided into threads. I wish they'd have a "blizzard news" section down the side of the board index so we can see important updates there w/o opening stickies many users gloss over; some way of notifying users of very important announcements no matter where they are in the forums.
Clásico

I created the account $ex on the 5th and now its password changed and no longer have my email attached it to, how does that make sense?
yea that is weird u get key logged? or u trying to scam blizz to recover sum 1's acc? LOL
02/09/2017 10:52 PMPosted by wizard
yea that is weird u get key logged? or u trying to scam blizz to recover sum 1's acc? LOL

IF there was someway to provide a S/S of my email confirming i made the account on the 5th at 2:11 PM i would. No need to scam when the account is probably empty. Find it strange tho that i make it 4 days ago and now i no longer have access to it
Blizz don't use S/S because easily forged. GL on your account recovery though, seriously. Sucks if it was stolen or screwed up w/ the server changes. BTW you can still make illegal accounts on D2 US East as of right now.