Max Friends Limit is too small

Bug Report
I got excited when I saw that you updated a patch with friends list improvements, but didn't see any mention of the # of friends you can have. I've been playing Blizzard games forever and have a ton of friends, but regularly have to delete some so I can add new ones. This is so painful and people get upset. Please consider increasing the friends list max amount (currently 200).

I can't even consider adding my facebook friends if this limit is not increased.
I am in search of this as well, due to the fact that I am extremely social, and there are so many people playing Overwatch. I even look to recruit so many people to play with me, if they're very fun, or if they are pretty damn good. Even both for the most part. I don't like having to choose between people just because they're stuck in lower gold, versus my friend who plays with me more often, and they're platinum or higher. I usually rid myself of those who are very-inactive. However, I still give EVERYONE equal opportunity to play with me time and time again. I enjoy it. However, I don't think that I want to participate in having alternate accounts worth 30 dollars a pop, JUST so I can keep a larger roster...
02/27/2017 05:19 PMPosted by Kowalski
I am in search of this as well, due to the fact that I am extremely social, and there are so many people playing Overwatch. I even look to recruit so many people to play with me, if they're very fun, or if they are pretty damn good. Even both for the most part. I don't like having to choose between people just because they're stuck in lower gold, versus my friend who plays with me more often, and they're platinum or higher. I usually rid myself of those who are very-inactive. However, I still give EVERYONE equal opportunity to play with me time and time again. I enjoy it. However, I don't think that I want to participate in having alternate accounts worth 30 dollars a pop, JUST so I can keep a larger roster...

this

would also be happy if the limit would be higher maybe 300-400
I'd at least like an explanation from a Blizzard rep as to why a cap even exists.
You can't really expect 200 to be enough when you have like 8 games to add friends from, 200 is far too small for such a number, i keep deleting friends to add new ones and it kinda makes me look like an !@#.
i feel the same way! I joined an Esport club and the number of new friends on my friendlist have increased with about 40-50 the last 2 months, and still going up. I too like to add people in OW if they are friendly and we have fun together. It is not just RL friends on that list!
PLEASE, Blizzard - give us oppotunity for more friends! - that is what you are all about; building the community!
please make friends list more then 200 i reach 200 now and i play only heroes of the storm and cant add more -_- from one game
This list really needs to be increased. 200 per game you play seems reasonable. But the limit of 200 TOTAL is WAY too small. These new social features you put out mean nothing if I can't actually add friends to my friends lists.
02/14/2017 10:28 PMPosted by Xielle
I got excited when I saw that you updated a patch with friends list improvements, but didn't see any mention of the # of friends you can have. I've been playing Blizzard games forever and have a ton of friends, but regularly have to delete some so I can add new ones. This is so painful and people get upset. Please consider increasing the friends list max amount (currently 200).

I can't even consider adding my facebook friends if this limit is not increased.

NO if you have 200 people added than get rid of the people who dont get on or play with you
Agreed! Please consider increasing the limit to at least 500 or, better yet, removing the limit completely. The friends list covers all of the Battle.net games, and you can easily reach the current 200-friend limit with two or even one of those games (like Overwatch). The Battle.net games are very social games, and we shouldn't have to choose between not accepting someone's friend request due to reaching the friend limit or deleting current friends to add new ones.
To me it displays 35/45 friends. What does that mean if the friend limit is 200? I can't add people too it gives me error 5001. :( They should really do smthing with it.
There is no excuse for having a limit on the number of friends a user can have. Get rid of this ASAP.
This is very silly, I just reached mine. I played with a group of people, proof, 7 more people to add, because I'm not going to exclude anyone.

That adds up...

Blizzard games seem to encourage social behaviour. and I understand the concept of Dunbar's number [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number] which is proposed at ~150

But I would not apply that here, the friendlist may include a lot of people you may want to be social with.
And I also see no reason to enforce this. It's a tiny amount of data, limiting this is discouraging social behaviour or kindness.

I try to be kind to my team every game, and they causes a lot of friendrequests. and then friends of friends. As stated above, it adds up.
Is there any progress on this? How the !@#$ to reach out to blizzard? Having friends cap at 200 is just ridiculous.
i am part of a 1000+ member gaming organization, i want to add all of them and I can't because of this stupid 200 cap.... why is there even a cap? this is 2018, the technology and data allowance exists to allow more, so allow more damnit... 1000 or more would be more appropriate in todays age of gaming and esports popularity.
Blizzard needs to join the rest of the world in 2018 and stop with this bull !@#$ limits that haven't made since in over a decade.
This needs more serious discussion.
Cap is unnecessary, at 200 it is counterproductive to social gaming.
Had a talk with a GM about this issue as there have been numerous suggestions to raise the Bnet Friends limit.

I was told although basically all of the suggestions have not received a formal reply from a Blizzard employee, they HAVE read the suggestions/complaints and understand our frustration.

Now whether or not they want to do anything about it is completely unknown at this point. Maybe wait for the upcoming expansion and if no adjustment is made, further action to get Blizzard involved with this issue may be needed.
Please bump this.
Really sucks trying to find people to delete... Not everyone is on everday/month
Same request here... I deleted all my SC2 friends from co-op and phamtom mode as I stopped playing SC2 for a while and my list was full. Now this is annoying as I play SC2 again.
Please consider this. I only play overwatch and i have 200 friends already plus the requests i can't aceept. Make it so we can have 400-500 friends or remove the cap completely