Max Friends Limit is too small

Bug Report
Removing the cap is a very unlikely scenario. The increase to friends list by an additional 100 (300 cap) would be nice considering the above mentioned factors (several new games on BNet etc) but expecting a cap removal is simply unrealistic at this time.

One of the major reasons being that with every increase to the friends list limit, the larger the databases will be on the backend and require possible upgrades to their hardware such as storage devices and whatnot.

Also there's the fact that there could be several bugs (performance (in-game FPS from having to data sync/service calls for every login session and more), stuttering, crashes, tied to increasing the limit beyond what's currently available on the user's client-side.

Ultimately, it would require a lot of internal testing and even external testing for those with the BNet alpha/bnet client.

I'm sure in time we'll see an increase to the friends list limit but that may not be until after the new WoW expansion launches or before Blizzcon 2018.

Just keep in mind though.. as the list gradually increases, the "demand" for a limit increase will as well and it'll be an endless routine of "our friends list limit is too small" because everyone has been capped for however long. This will never change.

I do however hope to see a friends list increase to at the very least 250 if not 300. It would be drastically appreciated by the community without a doubt.
I played wow and starcraft and now play hearthstone...I am always around 195 and removing friends of mine that I've known for like 5 years. Seriously - blizzard you're one of the biggest game developers in the world. Can you solve this issue.
Agree
Please increase the size of the friend list! I'm having to remove so many people all the time to accept new ones... And I DON*T want to remove the old ones either :/
Please Blizzard! Help us!
As it was mentioned already, a maximum capacity of 200 friends on Battle.net is far too constricting when there are so many games to play with different groups of friends. It's disproportionate.

I too would like to know the reasoning for enforcing a limit on the capacity of a friend list.
Anti tried to explain it, but it doesn't seem to make sense.

04/10/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Anti

One of the major reasons being that with every increase to the friends list limit, the larger the databases will be on the backend and require possible upgrades to their hardware such as storage devices and whatnot.

This would be a problem regardless of the friend size limit. Any given day, any number of people make new accounts, therefore generating a potentially large number of new, rapidly growing friend lists. What's the difference?

04/10/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Anti

Also there's the fact that there could be several bugs (performance (in-game FPS from having to data sync/service calls for every login session and more), stuttering, crashes, tied to increasing the limit beyond what's currently available on the user's client-side.

[/quote]

I could see synchronization problems being an issue with absurdly large friend lists. Absurdly large. There's no way they would interact with everyone on their list. In that case, delete people.
It sounds like this would mostly be a client-side problem anyway. That aspect is not Blizzard's responsibility; it's up to the user to make reasonable choices according to system specs, just like choosing your graphics settings according to your graphics card.

TL;DR: I just don't really understand why there's a limit to begin with. Explanation or not, we could use a significant increase in the friend list capacity.
Its almost BFA and i am about to get MAXed again, any word when they will make friends lists bigger?
Still nothing?
Bumping this.

Blizzard, you give us more games to play, and more social features... but still restrict us to the same stupid cap? Seems counter-productive.

As for the complaints about server and client "capacity"... it's basically BS. The entire friends list only needs to be transmitted on login, and if a friend is added or removed. Other than that it should only be push notifications of when someone changes status or messages you. Even better, only do active push notifications of status changes for whether they're in your active game or not, and simply send the rest in batches (e.g. whoever has gone from "in app" to "mobile" in the last 15 seconds gets put in a 15-second batch). It's not rocket science, and it's not like Blizzard doesn't make enough money off in-app purchases and the like to upgrade their server capacity a little if needed.
Blizzard please.
Blizzard, please remove the friends cap, or increase it drastically. I love your games, but I hate deleting friends just because I made more friends. Overwatch in particular is vulnerable to this, because I have a wide variety of people I like to play with that live in different time zones. Deleting friends just ensures that I have less fun playing your games.
Hey folks,
I think I can offer some insight for everyone.
History: WoW had guilds. Their cap was 500 members. This was a main social channel for players.
The social community groups you can create/join operate in the same way.

To drive use for this, they are creating a need for them by limiting your friends list. Once I reach 200, I also start finding inactive friends to remove from my list so I can add new ones.
About twice a month, I will send out invites to my social group. And daily I rmeove anyone that has 1 week more inactivity to make new friends.

This means that anyone i knew for less than 2 weeks, likely wont miss me, and probably aren't an actual "friend", and anyone that has been on my list for more than 2 weeks has likely already received at least one invite to my social community group.

I agree it's a shame I am limiting whom i can request to play games with while in game, and I believe 500 is a very low number, but much better to work with than the mere 200 (which seems arbitrary).
A 500 cap would still drive use to the community groups (as to my knowledge those are set at 1000)

My current Community Group has channels for every game we play. Most use only one or two games. Once I reach community cap, I plan to create new community groups for each game and send links our in my main community group advising of each sub group as I slowly pull out people I see playing games other than the existing group.

At the very least, implement a filter for searching inactive players so i can delete in batches.
Also add a pairing button before deleting to ask "Do you want to invite them to your social group?"
TL:DR
Blizz may be doing to drive social community group usage. Friend list should go to at least 500 (precedent WoW guilds). At least add filter for friends, especially for inactive friends.
If anything, let me multi-remove friends from my list, having to do it one at a time is so lame.

But for real, let me have as many friends as I can get! I have like 62 online right now, and I don't want to delete the many many more I have, They are all my friend/fans and I don't want them to think I don't want to commentate for them!
BUMP BUMP BUMP THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXXED!!!
Yea, we need a bigger friends list. Since blizzard already made a mobile APP, its no sense to have a maximum friends of 200.