[WC3] Frozen Download Troubleshooting

General Discussion
Howdy,

If you're download is pausing at 65% or misbehaving in a different way, please follow these instructions to send us logs to troubleshoot the issue:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-find-your-setup-logs

This help article may also resolve the issue:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34719

Thanks for your help,

Pete
Hi Pete,

The steps did not helped me. Still getting stuck at 64% or it get to 100% and gives me the CD key error. I am a windows 10 PC user and ran in Administrator as well.

Please help us!

thanks
same problem and now my frozen throne wont open when i open it, it opens RoC instead.... please fix this..
Farm and Airock,

Try these steps to fix your CD Keys:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753836697

Cheers,
Pete
04/07/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Airock
same problem and now my frozen throne wont open when i open it, it opens RoC instead.... please fix this..

If it will open RoC then it's likely that your tft.w3k file has whitespace at the end. Please make sure that it is exactly 26 bytes on disk. Also check for a typo in the key.
The gamma is fixed; not possible to go more or less. Game start ver long. The Resolution is now Max 1280 * 960. I has played at 2340 * 1440 at 1.27 b. I reinstalled the game. The problems are stayed. Now It is impossible to play the game. I am out. My System: W7 - CPU Intel Core 6700 - GPU AMD: 6670 - Intel X25 extrem edtion
04/07/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Ballerino
The gamma is fixed; not possible to go more or less. Game start ver long. The Resolution is now Max 1280 * 960. I has played at 2340 * 1440 at 1.27 b. I reinstalled the game. The problems are stayed. Now It is impossible to play the game. I am out. My System: W7 - CPU Intel Core 6700 - GPU AMD: 6670 - Intel X25 extrem edtion

Dude, put -nativefullscr behind ur frozen throne executable (rightclick ur tft shortcut > properties) to have both ur problems solved. It has been mentioned at least a 100 times now in recent topics.
04/06/2017 10:35 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy,

If you're download is pausing at 65% or misbehaving in a different way, please follow these instructions to send us logs to troubleshoot the issue:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-find-your-setup-logs

This help article may also resolve the issue:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34719

Thanks for your help,

Pete

I followed these steps and deleted the battel net files, now when it is about to start updating, it crashes and gives : We can`t patch {game_name} with battle.net. Please log in to {game_name} to update it.
It keeps downloading the patch but when i click restart i am getting a "error" message.
04/07/2017 03:35 PMPosted by dJRUb
04/07/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Ballerino

Dude, put -nativefullscr behind ur frozen throne executable (rightclick ur tft shortcut > properties) to have both ur problems solved. It has been mentioned at least a 100 times now in recent topics.

DUDE - that works great for windows systems, but have you tried it on a mac?? Doesn't work at all... please give us a way to control gamma slide bar on macs, apparently the 'just add -nativefullscr' isn't working for my mac.
This patch is so ridiculous it makes me want to vomit.

Mac user, all work arounds are useless. Merry-go-round of CD key error, 65% stuck, and (-10810) "please launch manually"....

Why even mess with a community you haven't cared about in 10 years?
If the servers are too expensive to run with there blistering speed, just tell us and we will all play on w3arena...
When will you be able to install the new patch on a MAC whit out doing all sort of nonsense??! I just want to open the game let auto download begin and play but NOOOO , its says need CD key , update manually etc etc but nothing works maybe for some high tec MAC nerds but regular people like me cant play.

@Pete Stillwell , when would be able to play the patch on MAC? and are there any easy steps beside them you have written in other forum , because they don't work :(

Please fix this so i can chill out with some LEGION TD.
I agree with the above post, I am computer literate but even when we do what you ask it still dosnt work. Just release the old patch ( call it a new patch)to reset and release a new patch when you have your sh... stuff together.

Right know I am exploring replacements for the Bliz games I play, your company is frustrating. This sillyness is the last straw.
When will they fix this error for windows 10 to? I keep getting error saying patch is corrupt and that it won't let me login into battle net after I run it in administrator mode and it updates again keeps updating but won't let login to battle,net for TFT.
I will soon post a video to help mac users install the new patch.
WHEN IS A NEW PATCH COMING TO FIX ALL THE MISTAKES YOU GUYS MADE FOR 1.28..... THIS is why i stopped buying products made by blizzard,
Can someone please help for windows users?
04/10/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Ramy
I will soon post a video to help mac users install the new patch.
When will you have the video ready mate ?
04/07/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Jayronimo
If it will open RoC then it's likely that your tft.w3k file has whitespace at the end. Please make sure that it is exactly 26 bytes on disk. Also check for a typo in the key.

I want to second this; verifying the file is 26 bytes in size is very important. I had spent a lot of time trying to work around the CD key error until I realized the text editor I used (Vim) automatically added an end-of-line character at the end of the file. This caused the file to be 27 bytes instead of 26. Removing this end-of-line character fixed the problem.