Alt Tab issues with new update

General Discussion
With the new Wc3 update. I can't alt tab anymore, is there anyway to fix this?
Also I searched 3 solo games and they never get loaded, it takes forever to load and ends up kicking me back to the chat room without showing anything and I get a loss. I've never had this issue before
my patch update (which is through the battle.net desktop app now) is stuck at 75%..
04/04/2017 09:35 PMPosted by nOPaiN

Create or edit 'Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne' shortcut.
Add -nativefullscr at the end of the line (example: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe' -nativefullscr) save and run it.

Now alt tab works as good as before.
Howdy nOPaiN,

Thanks for the reports. We're investigating.

Any more detail you can provide on the alt+tabbing issue? What screen mode are you running in?

Cheers,
Pete
Love the addition of borderless fullscreen. However can you add widescreen support instead of forcing us to play with black bars?
Hey Pete Stilwell,

i can confirm alt+tab issue, it happens at windowed fullscreen (default).
If we change it to native fullscreen alt+tab it works fine.

Greetings

04/04/2017 10:10 PMPosted by Strikest
Love the addition of borderless fullscreen. However can you add widescreen support instead of forcing us to play with black bars?

You could change new 'Fixed Aspect Ratio' Setting at WC3 Options > Video.
After changing it, you can select between all resolutions like before.
04/04/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy nOPaiN,

Any more detail you can provide on the alt+tabbing issue? What screen mode are you running in?

Cheers,
Pete

I managed to get the update through the Bnet desktop app but whenever I try to open WC3 (even as Admin) it opens for a split second then crashes....shows black on the left and right like this:

http://imgur.com/a/1EYF4
04/04/2017 10:17 PMPosted by SpaceLapras
04/04/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy nOPaiN,

Cheers,
Pete

I managed to get the update through the Bnet desktop app but whenever I try to open WC3 (even as Admin) it opens for a split second then crashes....shows black on the left and right like this:

http://imgur.com/a/1EYF4

same issue
had that issue in the last patch, used opengl

use -nativefullscr
Alt-tab "issue" happens with every game that's running in borderless window, either it being Overwatch, Battlefield, Dota 2..
It is what it is.
04/04/2017 10:02 PMPosted by KnoWnNoW

Add -nativefullscr at the end of the line (example: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe' -nativefullscr) save and run it.

Thanks for the help! Works well!
I am able to hear the sound emitting from dota or warcraft when I alt tab. This happened earlier today when I updated to the newest patch. Is there any way to fix this? I already made it run in -nativefullscr
04/04/2017 10:02 PMPosted by KnoWnNoW

I have 3 monitors on my PC, even with "D:\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe" -nativefullscr I am still able to scroll to other monitors? It still doesn't apply and make my game run in nativefullscr. Any other ideas guys? Windows 10 running comp of windows 7 or XP SP2.
@XhNiRR

From your post here above, it looks like you have the "-nativefullscr" with a space inbetween since there is a line-break in your post.. I might be wrong - but maybe make sure that you don't have that space inbetween "-" & "nativefullsc".

I hope this helps, or that you have found another solution to the problem!

See you guys ingame <3 And thanks Blizz for the update! The veterans salutes you. Now all we need is the old classics to be run from the "new" blizzard launcher togheter with all of the other newer games. RoC + GoT + SC in the new lancher = stairways to heaven.
There is also a slight delay in mouse speed, and lag it seems to be slower and less smooth