StarCraft Legacy update canceled?

General Discussion
I thought an update like D2 and WCIII got to run on modern systems was nearly complete prior to hearing today about the SC Remaster (yay!) for legacy SC and Broodwar.

I recall reading something here I thought about that being in beta with an ftp download available at the time?

Checking the Battlenet store now I see the SC Anthology page is still up but it is now marked as not available which is a very recent change.

Can anyone clarify what the deal is with the legacy version barebones update now that the remaster is announced? Was that project scrapped entirely or did it get finished? I own all the classic battle chests so have been checking here on and off for news.

Thanks for any info.
There will be fixes for windows 7 8.1 and 10, as well as other improvements. They are going to be releasing more info in the next few days, as well as I hear its going to be FREE to download at somepoint (StarCraft Anthology).
If you're talking about the 1.17.0 patch, it was never officially released. They just decided to never release it and skip to 1.18
03/27/2017 08:51 PMPosted by Aiur
If you're talking about the 1.17.0 patch, it was never officially released. They just decided to never release it and skip to 1.18

Thanks. I'm a little slow but I understand what's happening now.
New features for patch 1.18 include an observer mode, native Fish server compatibility, compatibility fixes, UPnP support, anti-cheat measures, APM display, custom hotkeys, and accounts will no longer expire in 90 days. StarCraft Anthology 1.18 can be downloaded for free and it will be cross-compatible with StarCraft Remastered so people with either version can play with each other and both can use the same save game and replay files.