[WC3] 1.28 General Open Thread

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Pete, I thought we were in April!

Anyway, following the recent communication success between developers and community, I shall take the liberty of opening the questions round.

- Could you extend the: "Fixed various bugs and exploits"?

- What about the ETA and the objectives to address for the next patch, what do you have planned?

Thanks!
Do anyone have any idea when the artificial delay will be removed from Battle.net?

I know it's p2p and there will be some delay due to players distances between each other, but everything feels incredibly delayed compared to bots hosting custom games.

It feels odd that, with the much smaller playerbase WC3 has today, that Blizzard haven't allowed some dedicated servers to run Ladder Matches. I can't imagine it would require much server hardware.
04/04/2017 01:53 AMPosted by Losty
Do anyone have any idea when the artificial delay will be removed from Battle.net?

I know it's p2p and there will be some delay due to players distances between each other, but everything feels incredibly delayed compared to bots hosting custom games.

It feels odd that, with the much smaller playerbase WC3 has today, that Blizzard haven't allowed some dedicated servers to run Ladder Matches. I can't imagine it would require much server hardware.

In Battle.net games it's not p2p, it's server delay, player to server (220ms default latency).
It's p2p only in custom games.

But yes, I fully support this, although it has been already added to their watch list as far as I know.
- Data migration now removes the need to run as admin to access saved games

Does this affect screenshots, replays and downloaded maps as well?
These patch notes are 10000x better than the last one from 1.27b "Fixed various bugs", but yeah I too would love some specefics on the "Fixed various bugs and exploits" of today's patch.

Good idea on making this thread BTW @GhoST
+1 to GhoST's questions. I definitely await an a response. A Q&A and extension of the patch notes would be greatly appreciated and helpful to the community.
Is widescreen camera FoV fixed in 1.28?
Sounds like there will be some fixes to the cinematics player, but I don't see any mention of fixes keep them from going dark or getting cloudy. I'll try it out just to see. But I'm waiting to play through all the campaigns again until the cinematics display correctly.

Regardless, it's always great to see work continuing on Warcraft 3. Starcraft Remastered is really exciting, but let's not forget the other classic games that are being touched up.
GhoST & Friends,

Thanks for the call out on the month... we're not sleeping much.

The unlisted bugs were minor ones related to the listed ones (like the smaller cinematic player bugs HyperTurtle is asking about). We tend not to publish the exploit fixes for reasons.

We know this patch took a while to get out, but the most significant improvement is the installer and patching system. It will greatly streamline the process of updating these titans.

Keep the feedback and questions coming, it's much appreciated and helpful.

Cheers,
Pete
Thank you, Pete. One quick question. Can we pretty please get a new map pool change for 4v4 and when can we expect this? We have only got one map pool change in 12 years and that was back in 2012.

Please look at our map suggestions, mainly for 4v4, the most popular game mode on wc3, in this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20753517518?page=1

Thank you. Trust me, we have been waiting patiently for many many years.
04/04/2017 09:41 AMPosted by Pete Stilwell
GhoST & Friends,

The unlisted bugs were minor ones related to the listed ones (like the smaller cinematic player bugs HyperTurtle is asking about). We tend not to publish the exploit fixes for reasons.

We know this patch took a while to get out, but the most significant improvement is the installer and patching system. It will greatly streamline the process of updating these titans.

Cheers,
Pete

Was it really a call out? If so, thank you for answering with what it seems to be great motivation :D.

Still, you forgot one of the two questions!

I'll continue keeping an eye,

GhoST
Blizzard actually did a mappool change about 2 years ago, but they received a lot of complaints from the community about it and reverted the change. Blizzard then mentioned that, in future, they will be working with the community for a new map pool.
04/04/2017 11:42 AMPosted by dJRUb
Blizzard actually did a mappool change about 2 years ago, but they received a lot of complains from the community about it. Blizzard then mentioned that, in future, they will be working with the community for a new map pool.

They haven't though that is my point. That was back in the spring of 2015, 2 freaking years ago. One map pool change in 12 years is unacceptable, especially considering they removed 2 awesome 4v4 maps from the pool, friends and gold rush, and gave us awful ones like last man standing, deadlands, and deathknell. At least that change in 2012 gave us twilight ruins, which is a great map.
TBH the main issue with their last mappoolchange was the solo map pool which removed every single classic esports map with apparantly random maps. I'm sure they can communicate that with the pro playerbase.

As far as 4s map goes, I think we've given them plenty of feedback here, hopefully they gathered it for their future changes.

Now, just gotta wait for it, and especially wait for better search times for high level players.
04/04/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Flamechamp
Blizzard actually did a mappool change about 2 years ago, but they received a lot of complains from the community about it. Blizzard then mentioned that, in future, they will be working with the community for a new map pool.

They haven't though that is my point. That was back in the spring of 2015, 2 freaking years ago. One map pool change in 12 years is unacceptable, especially considering they removed 2 awesome 4v4 maps from the pool, friends and gold rush, and gave us awful ones like last man standing, deadlands, and deathknell. At least that change in 2012 gave us twilight ruins, which is a great map.

And they reverted the mappool change because of the complaints, which was actually my point. So we didn't get a mappool change in the end.
Personally if we could patch one thing it would be to get rid of all the "GospelBots" in the East channels and maybe quit deleting my posts on this forum because I complain about it.
So did the patch come out yet? Cos I tried opening Warcraft III to patch it and there was no patch downloaded after I clicked the Battle.net button, just took me to the regular login screen.
Not yet, their main post has been updated.
Thanks Blizzard.

You added a complication to launching which can only cause more bugs... and you fixed nothing!

Not to mention not even a shred of effort for routine maintenance like map pool change, or dealing D2 / SC clients spamming channels.

I guess something that doesn't make money isn't worth maintaining
04/04/2017 09:41 AMPosted by Pete Stilwell
GhoST & Friends,

Cheers,
Pete

I am unable to get this patch. It just fails to download every time. Is there a place to download the patch on the web?