Petition for 3month D2 Ladder Reset

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
The problem isnt bots. The problem is the excessive use of bots. I think a single individual who runs one bot is almost a part of the game at this point, but instead you have one individual who runs 7+ bots (tons and tons of people do this). Duping however is !@#$ and I would love to see that go, however. . .

I think a lot of people would start to realize how much bots are apart of this game and also how much benefit they can bring. But too much of anything is bad.

I personally have one bot that I use and i still dont find that much, but definately a lot more than I would manually.

Think about how quickly D2 could potentially die out without bots. Ive attempted to manually do an entire season without a bot or mh and honestly its not near as fun. I dont ever find %^-* and ended up quitting
earlier than I use to cause im a pusss and it bothered me lol. Although id imagine it would be different if no one had bots, but we wont know what thats like until it happens.

Everything always has its pros and cons. And quite frankly why would Blizzard put that much time and monitoring of a game like D2? Its old, were lucky enough that they still give enough of a !@#$ to reset it here and there.

In the end botting is apart of D2 and if you disagree thats because youve never had a bot, but to much of anything is bad....
05/17/2017 09:38 AMPosted by SweetTooth
Lets try get attention and maybe blizzard reduces ladder to 3months.
Lets be fair here, ladder is only fun for month or two, gets ruined by botters very fast.

Is there anyone who likes the current 6month one ?

I like the 6months and wouldnt want to have it any other way! If you think 6 months is not enough, you're playing the game wrong or with cheats and/or bots. Try classic hardcore and tell me again you want 3 months. Hell, they didnt even crack the lvl 99 on the hc classic lader yet. I have seen some people get up to 99 in less than two weeks on LoD Softcore with bots but there is no way we should change the game for the faithful players to accomodate for some cheaters which have the game played by a bot 3/4ths of the time.

6 months is perfect. always worked and always will be.
3 Month ladders would be awesome. Usually the people that are against this are all self found and want to find everything themselves and don't trade etc etc.

That's why non ladder exists.
05/17/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Drizzt
3 Month ladders would be awesome. Usually the people that are against this are all self found and want to find everything themselves and don't trade etc etc.

too much of anything is bad, if you played d2 for 4 times a year you would get bored fast. it would feel like something you had to do every reset instead of something you would want to do.

this is why i still believe 3 resets a year is best

thats bullcrap and there's nothing to back that claim up.

as said before, play hc classic or even LoD HC - you will see why 6 months is just right. if you dont know hc you dont know this game so please dont argue further in that case, its useless.

it worked for almost twenty years. no need to change it now.
05/17/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Hazardeur

thats bullcrap and there's nothing to back that claim up.

as said before, play hc classic or even LoD HC - you will see why 6 months is just right. if you dont know hc you dont know this game so please dont argue further in that case, its useless.

it worked for almost twenty years. no need to change it now.

also, keep in mind that D2 nowadays is played mostly by the more seasoned players. they usually have a life including a job, maybe kids and family so they sure as hell dont have time or even the drive to do a reset 4 times a year lol. it would get boring quick. with the 6 months, i have always something to look forward to
05/17/2017 10:33 AMPosted by Karatabanov
No one cares about PoE , this is Diablo II !

Actually, PoE is doing that right, and Diablo II isn't.

Shorter seasons means more opportunities for people to start anew in a fair competition.
i am curious those who say 4 months is not enough

you can complete the game in about 8-10 hours on HC, start to finish hell baal
what do you do then? make another character? farm gear or levels?
how many hours do you play total after a reset? 50-100-200?
Can we petition to get a SINGLE ladder reset first? This ones been going on 7 months now...
05/17/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Laurian

10hrs omg you must be joking. try to play hc classic alone then. or do a hc classic bowa if thats not enough of a challenge. 10hrs my !@#!
also, if you really can complete the game in 10hrs with your 8 buddy party and baalbots , what difference does 4 or 6 months make....you can make a zillion chars in either case
[quote="207532983826"]No one cares about PoE , this is Diablo II !

so true!
05/17/2017 02:02 PMPosted by BearTribe
05/17/2017 01:53 PMPosted by XxTVBxX

In the end botting is apart of D2 and if you disagree thats because youve never had a bot, but to much of anything is bad....

Botting is as much a part of D2 as being murder is a part of life.

this must be the best quote about d2 i have ever had the peasure of reading
05/17/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Hazardeur
05/17/2017 02:58 PMPosted by Laurian

10hrs omg you must be joking. try to play hc classic alone then. or do a hc classic bowa if thats not enough of a challenge. 10hrs my !@#!
also, if you really can complete the game in 10hrs with your 8 buddy party and baalbots , what difference does 4 or 6 months make....you can make a zillion chars in either case

if i wanted to play alone i would play single player without the connection restrictions on battle net
also there are no bots at the start of the season, only players
in a party gear is almost not needed, you rely on your group and synergies to clear everything that is why it is most fun to play
i don't need somebody with botted gear or duped high runes in my group nor do i play or join public baal runs with such people

how people choose to play the game is their own prerogative but i only merely wanted to understand somebody's point of view who says 4 months is not enough. i just want to understand their goals in the game and how much time it takes to achieve them
05/17/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Laurian
05/17/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Hazardeur

if i wanted to play alone i would play single player without the connection restrictions on battle net
also there are no bots at the start of the season, only players
in a party gear is almost not needed, you rely on your group and synergies to clear everything that is why it is most fun to play
i don't need somebody with botted gear or duped high runes in my group nor do i play or join public baal runs with such people

how people choose to play the game is their own prerogative but i only merely wanted to understand somebody's point of view who says 4 months is not enough. i just want to understand their goals in the game and how much time it takes to achieve them

you need to play hc classic to understand that. or even Lod HC.
However, if you do party runs with ideal synergies, it will be faster but still - just look at the hc ladders on classic and LoD. not many have even reached the lvl 90 mark so thats that
i did play classic but there are too few active people that play it
it's not easy to make a group that can play at same hours together
most of the time if you check public games on HC classic there are none
only fun element to classic is that it's harder and you can find nice rares there
I vote for 3 month all the way this 6 month crap is terrible. Sick of it.
So Hazardeur or anyone else that deems to respond. Please tell me why 3-4 months isn't enough? Why do you need 6 months or even longer going by some people.

YOU stated specifically that its HC reasons. So why does it take 27x longer on HC to gear? Do you keep ripping and dying? And it takes you 20 characters to get one up and geared?

Furthermore what is your goal (or whoever wants to answer) in ladder that needs you to farm/grind for months and months and months?

Would love to hear some of your answers.
05/17/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Laurian
only fun element to classic is that it's harder and you can find nice rares there

there are a lot of ppl in the first weeks of ladder res.
well, you wont get server breakdown because of the massive player numbers but usually you can find a few people for a game
05/17/2017 04:48 PMPosted by Hazardeur
05/17/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Laurian

there are a lot of ppl in the first weeks of ladder res.
well, you wont get server breakdown because of the massive player numbers but usually you can find a few people for a game

that is exactly my point for why resets should be increased to 3 per year
most people play first few weeks and quit after because there isn't a real reason to grind XP or gear. nobody really cares about ladder ranks since those at the top are mostly botters. also i think people who pvp do it in NL so there's no point for that either

if blizzard wants to please the masses 3 resets is the way to go. 4 per year is too much and 2 isn't enough at this point