Petition for 3month D2 Ladder Reset

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
if blizzard does change the number of resets per year they will probably do it based on what the majority of players want so each individual can only hope to be on the right side of it

@bear, there's no chance they will make a reset last longer than 6 months, the only change they can do is 3 or 4 and i've said it many times 3 resets per year would probably be what most players want
05/17/2017 09:07 PMPosted by BearTribe
<span class="truncated">...</span>

stop saying that

Only botters, item sellers and people who can't lvl a character past 88 want 3-4 months?

Wouldnt you say thats a happy medium than . . . 2-3 for people who like reset and build (perhaps HC is best for those individuals) and than the other who prefer pvp and trading another 2-3 months.

How do you please both?
The problem is if you do a reset every 3 month that will support the botters and dupers to make more money, if you play legit and if we dont had these people who destry the environment the 6 moth are to short!!
but in the moment with these much bots outside we need a 1 month ladder cuz i think or better hope that people dont wanna spend every month hundreds of dollar to gear up.

if blizzard remove that third party users we can talk about time for resets , but not in the constellation now
05/17/2017 08:08 PMPosted by BearTribe
I'm sacrificing my 6 months for people who "miss the reset" or was "late starting".
Only botters, item sellers and people who can't lvl a character past 88 want 3-4 months.

And we are sacrificing years of 6month ladder for a noob that can't get lvl 99 with all donated free gear after 6months of ladder have past because you obviously don't know what kind of time commitment you have to do to get it?

Even annual reset wouldn't be enough for you
Feels like you should go play singleplayer :D

No thanks
its impossibel to do 99er for 3months and work ;)
6 is shortest and for this wich belive that can be shorter "go play single player and reset yours ladder every day if u wish"
3 Month is perfect!
Lets do it
Its funny how no one wanting 6 month or longer ladders will post WHY they need that much time.

The only person is Bear who we already know his reasons.

As he stated from himself.... not only does he want to legit hit level 99 (which again was never MEANT to be hit for 99% of the players) and not only does he want to hit it, but he wants to do it with solo self found gear, not playing with any bots, not leeching exp in runs, not trading.

That definitely seems pretty fair to me... go make your own petition for ladder only runewords to be taken out and go play non ladder. Clearly ladder is not for you.

Sadly as much as I would enjoy 3-4 month resets, I don't see blizzard changing the length either.
05/17/2017 10:51 PMPosted by BearTribe
Blizzard is not changing the length of the ladder.

change is inevitable and blizz is known to please the masses

look at d3, they removed AH and made items BOA even tho many don't like it without trading, just an example
05/17/2017 06:12 PMPosted by Laurian
05/17/2017 06:08 PMPosted by BearTribe
I climb the ladder for the reason the ladder was created in the first place, my BearTribe barb will legit hit 99 next season.

you must have a lot of time and patience if you do that legit
who even does this anymore?

you need to shut up and learn to accept that other people see things in another way. that and 6 months! thanks.
05/17/2017 07:38 PMPosted by BearTribe

i don't use bots and i get bored around level 80 and usually i play 4-5 characters each reset

I make 7-10 characters every ladder, all make it to mid 90s, I mostly use self found items and I don't bot or run with bots. I play an average of 2hrs a day. I never get bored, in fact, nothing I do in life bores me. I'm have more fun with my newly started barb, than I've had in the last 6 months.

And if I'm the only one on the ladder who is 100% legit and striving to get to 99, then everyone should get off the ladder and leave it to me, but I'm not the only one, I run with legit elite players who are working their way to 99.

People who get bored around level 80 - 88 and don't advance are people who were rushed to hell and leach xp of bots and other players. They are usually people who are not skilled enough to go out into hell sanctuary and kill monsters on their own.

so true indeed!
05/18/2017 08:33 AMPosted by Laurian
05/17/2017 10:51 PMPosted by BearTribe
Blizzard is not changing the length of the ladder.

change is inevitable and blizz is known to please the masses

look at d3, they removed AH and made items BOA even tho many don't like it without trading, just an example

Like i said before, reducing the reset time to 3 months will benefit bots, so it doesn't make sense to do it anyway. And they removed the AH on Diablo 3, because they had to, even if they don't admit it. The problem with the AH thing is, that the money you got from it wasn't taxed. And it insulted many country tax rules so they had to shut it down, not that "many players" didn't like it and they pleased the masses.

Greetings Hasel.
i am curious how blizzard feels about changing the number of resets per year

if people were to vote i think 3 resets per year would be what most wanted but it would have to be widely known so a lot of players can vote
05/20/2017 05:15 AMPosted by Laurian
i am curious how blizzard feels about changing the number of resets per year

if people were to vote i think 3 resets per year would be what most wanted but it would have to be widely known so a lot of players can vote

They would post it up on the news section of diablo game. That way anyone that plays will see it.
@hasel

there are quite a few reasons they removed AH. they could have kept the gold one but they didn't because i believe they could not stop bots. so even without real money involved people would still bot and people would have resorted to 3rd party trades and they didn't want that either. AH also had a few bugs, you could bid on certain items for a certain amount, low bid making it impossible for others to bid on it and just win the item for next to nothing. not to mention people were duping items in D3 as well. both of these bugs i believe were never fixed and they didn't even know how people did it.

i don't think reducing ladder to 3-4 months will benefit bots, people would have less incentive to buy from them if ladders are shorter. anyway let's say for the sake of argument that it would benefit bots. it would be no different than what it is now, some people bot and always will regardless of how long a ladder lasts and other people like myself will never party or play with bots or even trade with them. if most of the active gaming community wants shorter ladder i would think blizzard would listen to them

@drizt
yea they should make a pop up screen in game or add it straight after login screen on battle net that way everybody would see it. anybody who is a d2 fan would find out about it from social media or friends even if they don't actively play d2 at the time they announce it.
Since Blizzard never have aproved of buying/selling items for real cash. Why should that illegal practice determine how often real players gets a reset?

Sounds like you just want to keep "low" prices. And why would that be of ANY interest to any of you?
never said that it should determine how often people play on resets

i just said it would be a non factor in deciding it, how would this affect legit players?
05/17/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Laurian
05/17/2017 05:33 PMPosted by BearTribe
I never stop climbing to 99... unless of course I die, then I build a new character. My point is I play ladder for the purpose of getting to 99, to beat my last season's results and race against other players. I don't do it for any other reason.

i am pretty sure no legit player hits 99. plus there is nothing to be gained from that as it really only takes time to farm experience and nothing else. there are people who have nothing to do and play all day long and of course most of 99's are bots so i don't really understand what you are trying to achieve

I've done it. But even then I only got to 98 during the ladder season, and had to finish it out on non ladder. Last season I got a character to 97. 6 months actually isn't a lot of time for a human player. At least not people with work and family responsibilities.
05/17/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Laurian
you guys make ladders seem like some sort of competition that people still care about. if you have a high level character in the leaderboards it either means you have invested a lot of time to play or you botted. there is no skill in reaching a high level only time is needed

[/quote]

The only people that ever make this argument are the ones that have never done it. You are underestimating just how dedication and patience it takes. It time were the only factor than why are there so many people that claim to have been playing for 15 years, yet they've never had a level 99 character?

It's kind of like saying anyone could walk from New York to California, the only real factor there is time, but go and look up how many people have actually done it.