(8)Gold Rush
  • This is an original map

(8)Market Square
  • This is an original map

(8)Battleground LV
  • Swapped neutral buildings around the edge of the map with Gold Mines
  • Swapped the center Gold Mines with Goblin Merchants
  • Swapped the near center Gold mines with Mercenary Camps
  • Replaced the orange creep camp near the players start location with a green creep camp

(8)Deadlock LV
  • Swapped out center Gold Mines with a Marketplace
  • Swapped locations of Goblin Merchants and Mercenary Camps

(8)Feralas LV
  • Added 2 Goblin Merchants and 2 Mercenary Camps to the middle of the map
  • Expansion Gold Mine creep camp now drops items

(8)Golems In The Mist LV
  • Added 2 Mercenary Camps and 2 Goblin Merchants
  • Added a Tavern to the center of the map
  • Added an additional Green creep camp per start location
  • Adjusted the ally properties so teams can be top vs bottom or east vs west

(8)Mur’gul Oasis LV
  • Removed the Fountain of Mana

(8)Northshire LV
  • Replaced the 4 Taverns with 2 Goblin Merchants and 2 Mercenary Camps
  • Swapped the 2 Goblin Merchants with 2 Taverns
  • Added an additional green camp to each start location
  • Orange camps at the 4 corners are now red camps
  • Eased path to the red corner creep camps
  • Adjusted the ally properties so teams can be top vs bottom or east vs west

(8)Sanctuary LV
  • Swapped the 4 Mercenary camps with Goblin Laboratories
  • Swapped the 2 center Gold Mines with Mercenary Camps
  • Added a second Tavern to the center of the map
  • Added 2 green creep camps to the center of the map
  • Added a red creep camp to the center of the map
  • No more all Golem creep camps
  • Lowered the previous 2 center red creep camps to orange creep camps
  • Replaced most Lordaeron creep camp units with Cityscape creep units

(8)Twilight Ruins LV
  • Swapped the Goblin Laboratories with Mercenary Camps at the edges of the map
  • Created three distinct difficulties for the orange camps
This is great! Glad to see gold rush, feralas and northshire are back! Didn't expect specific map changes to maps outside of 4v4 either, and I think some of these were outright necessary/big improvements. Here's my feedback on this:

Market Square:
Great to see it untouched, although i personally feel like getting around all expansions to kill them is a bit too easy... kinda wish the entraces were to the side rather than towards the center. Not a big deal though I guess.

Battleground:
I think the gold mines to the sides sounds really great, expanding was just too much, and depending on how they are positioned, it might still be rough to expand but definitely way more worth it, the way it should be on that map. I didn't think the orange camp needed to be changed, but it's not a big deal and might just make the early game a bit more pleasant.

Deadlock:
I kinda liked the goldmines in the middle, they were actually a place you could expand and that wasn't visited much IMO, market places might be more interesting however. Not sure what the point was in swapping the shops and merc camps though since they are pretty much symmetrical.

Feralas:
Great changes, that map was definitely missing out on shops, and the expo camp not dropping anything was very weird. I still think the map could include two red creep camps and the expansions being more "rally point" friendly since if you dont clear the expo, the creeps will ensnare your unit and kill it guaranteed if you dont assign a shift+click rally point away from it first.

Golems:
Great addition, definitely felt like the map was missing a creep camp per player and shops (didnt i say maps without shops are pretty miserable?). I figure the new camps will be where the tri golem camps are... I'll give it a try before i thumb it down like I usually do. The damn map has been in the mappool since day 1 of RoC haha.

Murgul Oasis:
I don't understand the removal of the fountain but I doubt it really matters honestly.

Northshire:
Just to keep this short: all changes sounds extremely amazing. I would've done the exact same changes myself. This map is going to be even more awesome than it was before. Just hope the new creep camps at the old tavern placements are rally-point friendly

Sanctuary:
I think I'll have to see it to make a judgment on this one. I think it's a map that looks pretty amazing, but it's a bit bloated with creeps and a lot of stuff can grab your units just by being rallied on your heroes (top and bottom creeps are notable for this and the middle orange creep camps, I remember this map being exceptionally terrible for this). I think I would've stuck with the center goldmines though, I never see merc camps being used in 4v4, except the heal ward merc which isn't present on this tileset. I always love to see out of the blue middle expansions and those 2 mines offer the possibility of 2 expos per player on this map.

Twilight ruins:
Another map that I'll have to see to judge since I can only know so much about the "3 difficulties for orange camps" I thought they were fine but we'll see. Only concern I might have to labs is that itll be very easy to use sappers vs mains now, I liked them being closer to expos. I guess it'll stimulate the use of mass mercs more

That is it, I'll make a better judgment once we can play these maps. I'm very thankful for not only rotating maps, but actually seeing changes to them.

P.S.: First two maps have (6) next to their names instad of (8) :P
awesome!
Thank you. I'm 100% a 4v4rt player and these 4v4 map changes are very pleasing.

For one, thank you for keeping market square and twilight ruins (current ladder maps) and thanks for bringing back gold rush and northshire. These 4 maps are my absolute favorites and very few people dislike them.

I have a couple complaints-

1. I kind of wish "friends" would be brought back. It is a very odd map but people seem to love it plus you can have some crazy games on it. Its a very unique map since. It was in the 4v4 ladder pool from 2005 to 2012.

2. If you're making changes to maps, I would prefer if you made more powerful items available, like more attack claws +15 and mask of deaths/crown of kings, ect. Not a big deal but it would be nice to see more maps with more powerful items.

3. Maybe consider keeping fullscale assault in ladder pool? Its a decent map and I've had some amazing games on it.
Also, I took my time and finally read the map restructuring. Golems in the mist being a top vs bottom is going to be very very weird. Maybe reconsider this change?
Please consider bringing back Friends. Just like Flamechamp mentioned, this map has a unique design with its spawning points, making every game unique &thrilling unlike all other maps.
please put goblin market places in deathknell so players can buy teleports when out of their bases.

Also please consider putting 10 and 12 player maps into the map pool for 4v4.

Maps like Divide and Conquer (with tavern) and Emerald Gardens would be amazing for 4v4.
08/03/2017 02:02 AMPosted by Helsor
Please consider bringing back Friends. Just like Flamechamp mentioned, this map has a unique design with its spawning points, making every game unique &thrilling unlike all other maps.
please add friends
Wow, excellent work guys!
I am super happy to see Gold Rush back and Square Market (IMO the most fun map) stay in the pool. The changes you guys made were absolutely good decisions. I especially love the removal of extreme distance maps such as Full Scale Assault and Last Man Standing (The most terrible map in the pool). I am a bit ifi on Ferales, I haven't played it much, but it looks like a long distance map.
08/03/2017 02:02 AMPosted by Helsor

Yea, bit sad that friends and a modified Blasted lands isnt part of the map pool, but honestly this looks way better than the crap pool we have right now.
This new map pool is DEFINITELY better and they made some great changes, but yes, people really love "friends." I can guess what happened- the classic legacy team looked at "Friends" and were like, "this map looks kinda bad........"

Its hard to describe but lots of people miss friends being back in the 4v4 pool. The map has a sort of charm for 4v4 play. It has good item drops and even though its a big map its designed for teams to keep running into each other.

If they do bring it back, I'd be okay if they did nothing with it but if they're making adjustments to maps then I would prefer the middle fountains/mines not being blocked off by trees to make it easier to have battles/conflicts in the middle since that would be kinda chaotic there.
08/03/2017 02:55 AMPosted by Bogdanov89
please put goblin market places in deathknell so players can buy teleports when out of their bases.

Also please consider putting 10 and 12 player maps into the map pool for 4v4.

Maps like Divide and Conquer (with tavern) and Emerald Gardens would be amazing for 4v4.

i do want divide and conquer for nostalgic reasons to be in the 4v4 ladder pool since its the very first map i ever played, but I never felt it was realistic for it to ever be in the ladder pool for 4v4, not sure why. I do think it should have a tavern since custom game maps have put taverns in it before.
my favorite 4v4 map is FULL SCALE ASSAULT please please keep FSA!!

It could be tweaked though, maybe increase its lanes some how?
I've found some realy cool 4v4 maps on hiveworkshop.com, tested them, played them many many times with my clan
1. Frozen Valley
2. Fresh Water Springs
3. Haunted Gardens of Dalaran
4. Banewood Bog
5. Tomb of Sargeras
and some russian maps from epicwar.com, not to mention that on hiveworkshop at the melee section you will find a lot of excelent 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 maps.

And please, please consider updating more ROC maps for us, thanks you.

PS: Full Scale Assault is awesome!
08/03/2017 01:39 PMPosted by wtvr
my favorite 4v4 map is FULL SCALE ASSAULT please please keep FSA!!

Honestly FSA has been in the map pool for a long time already... Not only in the last map pool but several others before it. I love and hate the map because players are so far apart and theres only 2 ways where we can actually attack the enemy... I vastly prefer maps with multiple avenues to attack and more circular-ish so that the farthest enemy isnt TOO far (attackin cross-map on FSA is UGH)

As far as other maps goes, I read this statement from Worpex on the B2W discord:

"I actually emailed Blizzard (about the FFA pool changes) and received a response about this situation. Here is the response I got:

"We have no concern over adding community maps - there are multiple reasons why we didn’t do it this round. But we are planning to update our pools regularly, till we have a big bucket of maps that can go into rotation." (Matt Morris) "(edited)

So we will have other map pool rotations and friends is bound to come back up.. and my old favorite blasted lands too, along with community maps.

Maybe I should work on the map idea ive had awhile ago... i have the design on MSPaint already drawn and all. Somewhat of a battlegrounds map with backdoors and high level items and expos from everyone that are easy to reach both for the expander and the attacker.
08/03/2017 02:05 PMPosted by GrandSilver
I've found some realy cool 4v4 maps on hiveworkshop.com, tested them, played them many many times with my clan
1. Frozen Valley
2. Fresh Water Springs
3. Haunted Gardens of Dalaran
4. Banewood Bog
5. Tomb of Sargeras
and some russian maps from epicwar.com, not to mention that on hiveworkshop at the melee section you will find a lot of excelent 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 maps.

And please, please consider updating more ROC maps for us, thanks you.

PS: Full Scale Assault is awesome!

I hope they add some of these community created maps for 4v4; playing a brand new map has to feel pretty cool on ladder but I haven't felt experiencing a new 4v4 map since 2005 on ladder.
I'm also in the camp that wants Friends to come back. I love the other changes like Gold Rush and Northshire coming back, and keeping Market and Twilight Ruins, but Friends is just a fun map to play on. Everybody used to love it. Definitely would be better than Mur'gul Oasis especially with its mana fountain removed.
Not battlegrounds... it was perfect as a non-expandable small army map where heroes and how you control your units mattered.....
There is no reason to change most of the maps.. just add new maps to 4s instead